PDA

View Full Version : Have we been increasing training loading?

bulldogtragic
26-07-2015, 07:45 PM
That is to say, have the players been doing additional work and increased training the last month? We looked noticeably tired for several weeks (even against the GCS) but today seemed quite refreshed. I remember 2009 (I think it was) during a period of flatness towards the back end of the year and that Akermanis came out and said the reason was increased training to time peak fitness and strength for finals. Was it a young team tiring, or perhaps a deliberate increase of training loads for fitness reasons?

ledge
26-07-2015, 08:39 PM
I think it was the way teams played against us trying to stop our rebound and the fact we had interstate games. Collingwood tried to
Match us today and it didn't work.
We are a different team at etihad no doubt.
Luke has done a great job with bringing in first gamers and covering injured players and not sacrificing 4 points.
I believe he has been having a look at our list this year and seeing who us up to it and who isn't, what we have done while he is doing this has been a credit to the list macca left us with.

GVGjr
26-07-2015, 09:56 PM
That is to say, have the players been doing additional work and increased training the last month? We looked noticeably tired for several weeks (even against the GCS) but today seemed quite refreshed. I remember 2009 (I think it was) during a period of flatness towards the back end of the year and that Akermanis came out and said the reason was increased training to time peak fitness and strength for finals. Was it a young team tiring, or perhaps a deliberate increase of training loads for fitness reasons?

I'm not aware if we have upped the training but I tend to think we are hitting the wall to some extent which tends to happen with young sides.