PDA

View Full Version : MRP - Round 17

bornadog
27-07-2015, 05:33 PM
Macrae - can accept $1000, rough conduct on Brayden Maynard.

in other news: Will Minson accepts a one-match VFL suspension for making 'unreasonable or unnecessary contact to the face' v Coburg on Saturday.

bulldogtragic
27-07-2015, 05:35 PM
I guess Minson ain't playing this week for certain now.

If $1,000 wasn't chump change to big salaried footy players I'd appeal that. Complete rubbish.

jazzadogs
I personally can't believe it was even worth a fine, but thank goodness he didn't get suspended.

bornadog
I guess Minson ain't playing this week for certain now.

If $1,000 wasn't chump change to big salaried footy players I'd appeal that. Complete rubbish.

Macrae should have got a free kick awarded for Collingwood player staging

AndrewP6
27-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Despite it being a relatively small fine, I'd still contest it if I were Jack Mac. They're ruining the game with their overly officious adjudication.

Greystache
27-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Macrae's nudge is worth the same penalty as Mitchell's 3rd offence of intentionally kneeing. That's the modern AFL for you!

bulldogtragic
27-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Macrae should have got a free kick awarded for Collingwood player staging

This fine nonsense is a stain on the game. In past times these things weren't even reportable offences and shouldn't be. Taxing players for insignificant contact makes a mockery of the system and the Brownlow.

bulldogtragic
27-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Macrae's nudge is worth the same penalty as Mitchell's 3rd offence of intentionally kneeing. That's the modern AFL for you!

Indictment.

Ozza
27-07-2015, 06:22 PM
Despite it being a relatively small fine, I'd still contest it if I were Jack Mac. They're ruining the game with their overly officious adjudication.

Agree completely. It was worth a free for push in the back....and absolutely nothing further. And the umpire should be embarrassed that he reported Jack.

Axe Man
27-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Every single week the MRP dismisses incidents as having insufficient force to constitute a reportable offence. How this doesn't fit into that category has me stumped.

If the umpire hadn't reported him at the time does anyone seriously think he would have been charged with an offence? This is purely to save the umpire looking like a fool.

F'scary
27-07-2015, 07:27 PM
The irony is that Macrae (Wallis, Dahl, etc) get shoves like that all match, every match. The only difference is that our guys don't do a Ronaldo and throw themselves on the ground at the slightest perceived touch like Brayden did.

boydogs
27-07-2015, 07:39 PM

Isn't there something about 3 fines meaning a suspension or exclusion from the Brownlow? I remembering reading that Fyfe was a fine away from losing it

If it has any effect on his good/bad record or could accumulate to something more, I would challenge

Dry Rot
28-07-2015, 01:47 AM
I've seen bigger bumps by grannies pushing their way through Coles with their zimmer frames.

AndrewP6
28-07-2015, 02:11 AM
Isn't there something about 3 fines meaning a suspension or exclusion from the Brownlow? I remembering reading that Fyfe was a fine away from losing it

If it has any effect on his good/bad record or could accumulate to something more, I would challenge

Yes, that's right. Another reason to contest.

bornadog
28-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Macrae accepts sanction (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-07-28/macrae-accepts-sanction)

Jack Macrae has accepted a $1000 sanction for engaging in rough conduct against Collingwood’s Brayden Maynard during the fourth quarter of the round 17 match on Sunday.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Collingwood Football Club, it was the view of the panel the incident should be classified as careless conduct with low impact to the body.

Macrae’s offence was classified as a $1500 sanction but due to no applicable bad record, Macrae’s early plea reduced the penalty to a $1000 sanction.

Meanwhile in the VFL, Will Minson has accepted a one-match sanction for high contact on Coburg Lions player Tom Goodwin in the fourth quarter of Saturday’s match