Sat, Aug 1 Sydney vs Adelaide SCG 4.35pm 4.35pm Foxtel

Sat, Aug 1 Carlton vs North Melbourne Etihad Stadium 7.20pm 7.20pm Seven

Sat, Aug 1 Gold Coast vs West Coast Metricon Stadium 7.20pm 7.20pm Foxtel

Sun, Aug 2 Port Adelaide vs St Kilda Adelaide Oval 12.40pm 1.10pm Foxtel

Sun, Aug 2 Essendon vs Western Bulldogs Etihad Stadium 3.20pm 3.20pm Seven

Sun, Aug 2 Fremantle vs GWS Giants Domain Stadium 2.40pm 4.40pm Foxtel

bornadog
31-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Hopefully tonight's game will be better than the crap football Carlton dish up.

chef
31-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Im hoping Richmond gets walloped by a similar margin to last friday nights game.

Remi Moses
31-07-2015, 10:53 PM
I think the rest of the Comp has seen that Hawthorn can be beaten .

bornadog
31-07-2015, 11:30 PM

I didn't really want to see Richmond win, only for our sake, but great to see the Hawks go down

G-Mo77
31-07-2015, 11:32 PM

I think most know that except the media. Anyone can be beaten.

jeemak
31-07-2015, 11:44 PM
Cracking win for Richmond. Answered the challenge well and along with Rioli's poor kicking saved us from being subject to a Bruce cream fest late in the game.

whythelongface
01-08-2015, 08:27 AM
Richmond looked very good. Never rated Deledio but he really stepped up last night.

GVGjr
01-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Richmond looked very good. Never rated Deledio but he really stepped up last night.

I'm the opposite with Deledio. I think he is an excellent player.

1eyedog
01-08-2015, 10:15 AM

Lids has been fantastic the last two seasons especially. Copped a lot of flack up until then due to his draft position and his underwhelming performances but he has become a very, very good player. Gets it, uses it well, hits the scoreboard regularly and is a penetrating kick and a strong mark.

Go_Dogs
01-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Went along last night with a few friends, not a great spectacle but good to see the Hawks get done (albeit not much assistance to our top 4 aspirations). Perhaps a round that looked pretty one-sided won't turn out that way.

azabob
01-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Not looking too far ahead, but I said a few weeks back the West Coast V Hawthorn game is huge and one where the Eagles should start favourite.

Now in all likelihood they will and should win.

This is massive for Hawthorn, finishing top two is very very tough for them now.

Go_Dogs
01-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Not looking too far ahead, but I said a few weeks back the West Coast V Hawthorn game is huge and one where the Eagles should start favourite.

Now in all likelihood they will and should win.

This is massive for Hawthorn, finishing top two is very very tough for them now.

Yep, could two trips to Perth in 3 weeks for the qualifying final and then prelim, going to be a huge ask to make the GF from that position.

LostDoggy
01-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Always thought Deledio was a solid enough player but looked a soft #1 Draft pick when he was getting most of his quicks out wide on the half back line. Since Hardwick has used him more forward, he looks more like the proper weapon he should always have been.

Not unlike another #1 Pick in Goddard who spent a few soft years as an unccountable defender before his break out years is St Kildas GF teams (I hope for Deledio's sake he makes better decisions than Goddard).

Richmond look a real threat this year.

When we beat West Coast, Adelaide and Richmond in the early rounds this year, I think we all underestimated how seriously hot that form was (I certainly did).

jeemak
01-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Lids has been fantastic the last two seasons especially. Copped a lot of flack up until then due to his draft position and his underwhelming performances but he has become a very, very good player. Gets it, uses it well, hits the scoreboard regularly and is a penetrating kick and a strong mark.

I think he's been a very good player for a long time. Whilst his club didn't perform too well in years prior he earned a couple of club B&F's and was AA in 2012.

Due to the quality in his draft year he probably gets underrated a bit, but he's definitely a worthy number one pick looking back on things. As a Bulldogs fan I know I viewed our former captain's career through rose coloured glasses compared to Deledio's, funnily enough until about October last year, and a lot of that was based on our former captain's finals record. Having only played in the two finals Deledio hasn't had the same opportunities, though in those two games he has been good for the Tigers.

ledge
01-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Come on Melbourne !

LostDoggy
01-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Melbourne just about home! Pies done for the year!

Not sure who to barrack for in the Swans/Crows match from a Bulldogs perspective.

On the one hand if Swans lose, we can move equal with them on points and our slim top 4 hopes get a little brighter (a really big win could see us 4th tomorrow if Swans lose). On the other hand, if Crows lose they stay below us and the likelihood of a Melbourne based EF looks more likely.

Glass half full or glass half empty...

azabob
01-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Melbourne just about home! Pies done for the year!

Not sure who to barrack for in the Swans/Crows match from a Bulldogs perspective.

On the one hand if Swans lose, we can move equal with them on points and our slim top 4 hopes get a little brighter (a really big win could see us 4th tomorrow if Swans lose). On the other hand, if Crows lose they stay below us and the likelihood of a Melbourne based EF looks more likely.

Glass half full or glass half empty...

Unsure if you have come across this thread yet - but may help you out!

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?14636-The-official-2015-T-amp-T-who-to-root-for-thread/page9

bulldogtragic
01-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Great Dees. Much appreciated.

Bulldog4life
01-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Swans playing well 4 goals up

ledge
01-08-2015, 06:12 PM
Sydney bring back the big guns and whack, could be dangerous, Buddy and a few others have had rests the last few weeks, now coming in fit.

Eastdog
01-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Good win from Melbourne today. Glad they beat Collingwood. It was my mum who's a Melbourne supporter vs my brother who's a Collingwood supporter. So one will be happy the other not so.

F'scary
01-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Good win from Melbourne today. Glad they beat Collingwood. It was my mum who's a Melbourne supporter vs my brother who's a Collingwood supporter. So one will be happy the other not so.

I think last week was when the 'pies season was on the line and they put everything into that match. We won with room to spare (should have been by more) and they went into the match against the dees today mentally broken and physically worn out from their last stand against us.

ReLoad
01-08-2015, 08:09 PM
I think last week was when the 'pies season was on the line and they put everything into that match. We won with room to spare (should have been by more) and they went into the match against the dees today mentally broken and physically worn out from their last stand against us.

Now we get Essendooms last stand against us, still good sides win no matter what. I hope our boys are up and about.

merantau
01-08-2015, 11:01 PM
West Coast's Golden Run with the umpires continues into its third decade. Gold Coast very brave but West Coast always get the benefit of the doubt from the men most appropriately sponsored by Optical Prescriptions Spectacle Makers.

bulldogtragic
01-08-2015, 11:01 PM
Draw.

comrade
01-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Carlton are one of the worst teams I've ever seen. Hard to fathom how they were beaten by 11+ goals by North, who are middle of the road.

Great finish to the GC-WC game.

GC have 3 players I would love in our colours: Lynch, Bennell & May.

Remi Moses
01-08-2015, 11:13 PM
Not a disaster for the Eagles.
Shocker for Collingwood, and did anyone press red for ED?
I specifically pressed red in the last 5 minutes.;)
Bucks will cop a hammering

Eastdog
01-08-2015, 11:16 PM
Not a disaster for the Eagles.
Shocker for Collingwood, and did anyone press red for ED?
I specifically pressed red in the last 5 minutes.;)
Bucks will cop a hammering

ED? Remi

merantau
01-08-2015, 11:19 PM
How long is Buckley's contract? I can't see repeated failure being tolerated too long at Collingwood.

Eastdog
01-08-2015, 11:23 PM
ED? Remi

Eddie McGuire. Sorry just had a blank for a minute :)

jeemak
01-08-2015, 11:44 PM
So there's been a fair bit of talk about Higgins having a good year, so I thought I'd compare his career averages, finals averages and this year's averages:

Finals - 17.7D, 2.5M, 1.5G, 2.6T
Career - 18.2D, 4.1M, 1.1G, 3T
2015 - 19.2D, 4.2M, 1.7G, 4T

Considering his issues with fitness over the years he's put together some pretty solid numbers, and what you see is what you get with him for the most part. There's a dip in finals output from a disposal and tackling perspective, but it's only slight and it's clear that it's raised this year.

The knock on Higgins is that he doesn't do much against tough opposition, but his goal scoring numbers increase in finals and his disposal numbers don't really drop - but we're only talking about seven games in total and I can't be bothered looking further into it.

Once it's all said and done though, he's doing well and I'm happy for him. He had a really tough run with us injury wise and was a whipping boy for the most part because he played the part of the traffic cop on the field too often, but all said and done he's been a fairly consistent player and would fit into any team in the competition without a shred of doubt.

azabob
01-08-2015, 11:53 PM
ED? Remi

Come on Easty, I don't have Foxtel and even I know Ed means Eddie McGuire.

jeemak
01-08-2015, 11:59 PM
ED? Remi

Eddie McGuire. Sorry just had a blank for a minute :)

Come on Easty, I don't have Foxtel and even I know Ed means Eddie McGuire.

Easty, I had no idea either!

ledge
02-08-2015, 07:46 AM
I turned over for 5 min to the Ed channel it was really bad who wants to watch 4 old men sit in a box calling a game so one sided and they didn't even show the game .. Just 4 poor losers crying about how the world was against them.
One thing made me laugh when Ed mentioned how they were so young and that's why they made mistakes.

lemmon
02-08-2015, 08:44 AM
How long is Buckley's contract? I can't see repeated failure being tolerated too long at Collingwood.

I think if Bucks goes Eddie probably finishes up at the same time. I like Buckley though, think it was a brave call sweeping the broom the way he did

Bulldog4life
02-08-2015, 08:53 AM
I turned over for 5 min to the Ed channel it was really bad who wants to watch 4 old men sit in a box calling a game so one sided and they didn't even show the game .. Just 4 poor losers crying about how the world was against them.
One thing made me laugh when Ed mentioned how they were so young and that's why they made mistakes.

There were 4 boxes to choose from. One featured just Ed and his cohorts.But they did show the game if you clicked in the right box. In the correct box the game was shown and in the bottom right hand corner of the screen were Ed, Tony Shaw, Daicos & Strauchanie commentating on the game

ledge
02-08-2015, 11:19 AM
There were 4 boxes to choose from. One featured just Ed and his cohorts.But they did show the game if you clicked in the right box. In the correct box the game was shown and in the bottom right hand corner of the screen were Ed, Tony Shaw, Daicos & Strauchanie commentating on the game

Oh didn't know that .. It was horrible anyway, funny how they picked a game they thought they would win and lost.
Arrogant sods

Flamethrower
02-08-2015, 12:43 PM
To be fair to Ed, Shawry, Chrisso & Daics, if I was commentating and the Doggies were being pumped by the Dees I would have walked out half way through the last quarter. First time the Pies have lost a "press red for Ed" game.

bornadog
03-08-2015, 04:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLZYh8mUkAAyPtr.png

bornadog
03-08-2015, 04:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLdV4BNVAAIoKD_.png:large