PDA

View Full Version : Shock-Tember 2015

bulldogtragic
02-08-2015, 07:01 PM
From shocktober 2014 to shocktember 2015.

What a loco ride boys and girls. Top 4 is the dream now. :D

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
02-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Amazing year and there are plenty of players in the twos ready to go.

EasternWest
02-08-2015, 07:40 PM
From shocktober 2014 to shocktember 2015.

What a loco ride boys and girls. Top 4 is the dream now. :D

And we've still got so much scope for improvement. It's hard not to feel buoyant.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-08-2015, 09:21 PM
Amazing year and there are plenty of players in the twos ready to go.

I'm loving the dynamic of Beveridge's rotation of players between the Western and Footscray. It makes the squad a unit, thanks to the stand alone nature of Footscray serving the main team. It gives players an opportunity to go back to VFL to practice their craft and specific instructions. Players in the twos know they will have a chance in the ones if they earn it and when they do, they know that they must make the most of it but will still get at least a couple of games.
It's really a healthy culture.
So different from McCartneyism yet thanks to it because it bred contested ball as not negotiable. Macrae for one has added that dimension to his armory to great effect.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-08-2015, 09:22 PM
And we've still got so much scope for improvement. It's hard not to feel buoyant.

It's also hard not to feel Boydant.

ratsmac
02-08-2015, 10:48 PM
It's also hard not to feel Boydant.

Is that what it is I feel right now, boydant, hmmm I think I like it!

LostDoggy
03-08-2015, 01:23 PM
I think our current fortunes have more to do with winning the VFL flag than what happened when "he" left in October.

Twodogs
03-08-2015, 03:00 PM
I think our current fortunes have more to do with winning the VFL flag than what happened when "he" left in October.

Yep. Remember afterwards Peter Gordon said there were a dozen players in the team that could play well at AFL level and everybody thought that he was gilding the lily. Looks like he was right.

craigsahibee
03-08-2015, 05:31 PM
It's just great to love footy again.

bornadog
03-08-2015, 05:38 PM
No Holiday plans this September

LostDoggy
03-08-2015, 06:01 PM
It's just great to love footy again.

Amen brother.

strebla
04-08-2015, 12:27 PM

Or the first week of October !!!!!

jeemak
04-08-2015, 02:36 PM
It seems the AFL hasn't caught on yet..............

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gillon-mclachlan-speaks-out-on-footy-classified-20150803-giqr2g.html

It's understood the AFL met on Monday to finalise the round 23 fixture, with the key decision being whether to play the Roos-Tigers match on Friday night, or the Hawthorn-Carlton game.
Playing the Hawks-Blues game on Friday night could potentially mean that Hawthorn would have one more day's rest than the other current top four teams – Fremantle, West Coast and Sydney – despite the Hawks being, for now, third on the ladder.
McLachlan all-but confirmed that the North-Richmond game would get the marquee timeslot, leaving Hawthorn-Carlton (MCG), Port Adelaide-Fremantle (Adelaide Oval), West Coast-St Kilda (Domain Stadium) and Sydney-Gold Coast (SCG) matches to be played on the Saturday – a scenario McLachlan said was "fairer".
"In the end, if you played Richmond and North on the Friday night, it means that – as we sit here today making a decision this week – the top four teams play on the Saturday," McLachlan said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gillon-mclachlan-speaks-out-on-footy-classified-20150803-giqr2g.html#ixzz3hoUqN1td

Of the current top eight sides all but Geelong and ourselves likely to play on either Friday or Saturday in round 23, with Geelong getting a home game on the Sunday while we will have to travel.

Seems fair.

bulldogsthru&thru
04-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Its been confirmed that Tigers will play North the Friday night.

Looks like we will probably play the Saturday night

always right
04-08-2015, 02:48 PM

I've mentioned it before but I'll be overseas from Sept 13 to October 16.

Would be a massive surprise to see us make the GF but starting to feel just a little nervous. This season has not panned out anything like what I expected....hence why I booked travel on these dates. I'll be in Siena, Italy on GF day....what are my chances of finding a place televising it?

jeemak
04-08-2015, 03:01 PM

Would be a massive surprise to see us make the GF but starting to feel just a little nervous. This season has not panned out anything like what I expected....hence why I booked travel on these dates. I'll be in Siena, Italy on GF day....what are my chances of finding a place televising it?

Slim, but Telstra Live Pass will enable you to see it.

Bulldog Joe
04-08-2015, 03:07 PM

You need more faith (or perhaps blind optimism)
I never NEVER book travel in finals time, although I will miss the prelim this year due to my grand-daughters 18th.

LostDoggy
04-08-2015, 03:15 PM
It seems the AFL hasn't caught on yet..............

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gillon-mclachlan-speaks-out-on-footy-classified-20150803-giqr2g.html

It's understood the AFL met on Monday to finalise the round 23 fixture, with the key decision being whether to play the Roos-Tigers match on Friday night, or the Hawthorn-Carlton game.
Playing the Hawks-Blues game on Friday night could potentially mean that Hawthorn would have one more day's rest than the other current top four teams – Fremantle, West Coast and Sydney – despite the Hawks being, for now, third on the ladder.
McLachlan all-but confirmed that the North-Richmond game would get the marquee timeslot, leaving Hawthorn-Carlton (MCG), Port Adelaide-Fremantle (Adelaide Oval), West Coast-St Kilda (Domain Stadium) and Sydney-Gold Coast (SCG) matches to be played on the Saturday – a scenario McLachlan said was "fairer".
"In the end, if you played Richmond and North on the Friday night, it means that – as we sit here today making a decision this week – the top four teams play on the Saturday," McLachlan said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gillon-mclachlan-speaks-out-on-footy-classified-20150803-giqr2g.html#ixzz3hoUqN1td

Of the current top eight sides all but Geelong and ourselves likely to play on either Friday or Saturday in round 23, with Geelong getting a home game on the Sunday while we will have to travel.

Seems fair.

We need to get on our bikes and win that top four spot then.

always right
04-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Slim, but Telstra Live Pass will enable you to see it.

Good suggestion....thanks

Ghost Dog
04-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Nothing to scare us. We can beat any top four side on our day.

AndrewP6
04-08-2015, 04:28 PM
You need more faith (or perhaps blind optimism)
I never NEVER book travel in finals time, although I will miss the prelim this year due to my gra nd-daughters 18th.

I just booked a trip interstate to leave on Sept. 19th. :eek:

jeemak
04-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Good suggestion....thanks

I think you can pay a weekly fee if you don't want to over do it.

1eyedog
04-08-2015, 04:54 PM

Very low. What are the chances you'll be flying home Grand Final week? I know I would be. $4.95 per game is the usual cost. i think the GF is $14.95 from memory.

Twodogs
04-08-2015, 05:49 PM

You'd come back, Italy's not going anywhere bit this is a Grand Final.

ReLoad
04-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Ok you lot I'm claiming credit for this year.

Thus far I've been away for our wins except 1, yet I've been home for every loss.

You'll be pleased to know that I'm away for every remaining game bar this Saturday, and if anyone was keen enough and knew someone in Qantas they could delay me long enough to not make it on Saturday.

I'm also away GF weekend too, so fingers crossed :)

LostDoggy
04-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Ok you lot I'm claiming credit for this year.

Thus far I've been away for our wins except 1, yet I've been home for every loss.

You'll be pleased to know that I'm away for every remaining game bar this Saturday, and if anyone was keen enough and knew someone in Qantas they could delay me long enough to not make it on Saturday.

I'm also away GF weekend too, so fingers crossed :)

Righto, one airport bomb threat coming up.

bulldogtragic
04-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Righto, one airport bomb threat coming up.

Guess which woofer just made in onto a CIA internet watch list?

LostDoggy
05-08-2015, 12:23 AM
Guess which woofer just made in onto a CIA internet watch list?

I'm already there. Apparently some muppet has been calling Ian Collins since 1997. :D

Twodogs
05-08-2015, 12:38 AM
I'm already there. Apparently some muppet has been calling Ian Collins since 1997. :D

That'd be 2 muppets then...

craigsahibee
05-08-2015, 12:56 PM

Calling Ian Collins what? ;)
If I post what I've been calling him, I fear this may be my last post....

SonofScray
05-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Apologies for the weird post below, need to share it:

Last night I had a dream, in it I was talking to UnbornSonorDaughterofScray who is due to arrive in November. They were pleading with me to make the Flag That Wags wait until 2016. I said "No. It cannot wait." They cried, nodded and said "So it must be then. Come on you Dishlickers. Enjoy Dad."

If we have a girl I am naming her Premiership Glory.

bulldogsthru&thru
05-08-2015, 05:08 PM
Just announced Dogs to play lions Saturday 5th Sept 1:45PM in rd 23

it will also be a Channel 7 game

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-05/round-23-fixture-revealed

Mofra
05-08-2015, 05:15 PM

Hey, not screwed over with a Sunday day. Wonders never cease

jeemak
05-08-2015, 09:03 PM

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-05/round-23-fixture-revealed

Pleasantly surprised by the AFL for a change. How does that even happen?

Mantis
06-08-2015, 04:20 PM
I've made the rookie mistake and went and knocked up the missus in early Jan.

Tin lid due the week between PF and GF.. Already seen the birth of a child, yet to see a PF win or GF.. Footy wins!!

Disclaimer - mother of child yet to approve. :(

always right
06-08-2015, 05:28 PM

Tin lid due the week between PF and GF.. Already seen the birth of a child, yet to see a PF win or GF.. Footy wins!!

You old romantic you.

Mofra
06-08-2015, 05:29 PM

Babies born on a grand final day grow up to be tall, handsome, smart, funny and extremely likeable. I've heard.

Twodogs
06-08-2015, 07:01 PM

Take it from an old hand and wait until the pethidine kicks in. She'll agree to anything then. Try and remember to get her to sign anything before the epidural though.

Babies born on a grand final day grow up to be tall, handsome, smart, funny and extremely likeable. I've heard.

I heard modest but obviously we were both misinformed.

bulldogtragic
08-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Bulldogs. Shocking the top 4 since 4.51pm today.

josie
08-08-2015, 11:18 PM
Apologies for the weird post below, need to share it:

Last night I had a dream, in it I was talking to UnbornSonorDaughterofScray who is due to arrive in November. They were pleading with me to make the Flag That Wags wait until 2016. I said "No. It cannot wait." They cried, nodded and said "So it must be then. Come on you Dishlickers. Enjoy Dad."

If we have a girl I am naming her Premiership Glory.

Love this - one of my fave posts of the year.

Prediction - Premiership Glory reappears and tells you that the Dogs go back to back premiers in '15 & '16 in the "Flags that Wag twice". GO DOGS.

Eastdog
09-08-2015, 12:11 AM
What a season its been. Didn't expect this after the off season events of last year. Our team is really playing for each other and the jumper. We have some great quality players and some exciting young talent coming through the ranks (e.g.: Caleb Daniel). Great to be looking forward to a finals series. Haven't been there in 5 years.

LostDoggy
09-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Calling Ian Collins what? ;)
If I post what I've been calling him, I fear this may be my last post....

Prank-calling, I meant.

Ghost Dog
09-08-2015, 08:33 AM
What a season its been. Didn't expect this after the off season events of last year. Our team is really playing for each other and the jumper. We have some great quality players and some exciting young talent coming through the ranks (e.g.: Caleb Daniel). Great to be looking forward to a finals series. Haven't been there in 5 years.

What has surprised me are how our 'average' players from last season have stepped up another level.

Tory Dickson
Easton Wood
Matty Boyd
Jarrad Grant
Hunter
Tom Campbell

It's like they found a second wind with the help of some inspired youngsters. I can recall myself and others writing off at least one of the above in the last twelve months to the VFL.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2015, 09:27 PM
It's begins. :)

azabob
05-09-2015, 09:30 PM
It's begins. :)

As in Shock-tember again?