PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 20 vs Melbourne

Eastdog
03-08-2015, 02:40 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 20 match against Melbourne at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

bulldogtragic
08-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Roughy, Boyd, Roberts, Murphy, JJ

#WeHaveDepth

bulldogtragic
08-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Bump. Not sure this week.

GVGjr
08-08-2015, 06:09 PM
I had Redpath out before the last quarter. I might keep him now :)

Dry Rot
08-08-2015, 06:10 PM
Roughy, Boyd, Roberts, Murphy, JJ

#WeHaveDepth

Doubt Roughy and Roberts will be ready.

Dickson and Stringer may need to be rested.

1eyedog
08-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Doesn't matter just rotate them we'll scratch our heads over best 22 on GF day.

ReLoad
08-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Doubt Roughy and Roberts will be ready.

Dickson and Stringer may need to be rested.

Stringer will most certainly get a promotion to "general soreness" next week.

out: Dale (needs to be playing full games) stringer (soreness)
In: Murphy, JJ

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
08-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Just put anyone you like in it doesn't matter

LostDoggy
08-08-2015, 07:52 PM
The big query for the MC this week will be who to rest. There are plenty who are deserving of a run and we really want everyone cherry ripe for the Eagles in R21.

No disrespect to Melbourne, but our depth is such that we can afford to rest some of our best 22 without impacting our week to week competitiveness.

I would think Stringer and Boyd would be 2 who would benefit from a rest, probably 1 or 2 more, whilst Dale probably should go down to Footscray for a full game.

If Stringer is rested, it'd be great to get Toyd into the team.

Rocco Jones
08-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Impossible to guess this but whatever....

In- Bob, JJ (if either/both are okay)
Out- Dale, Jong (Lin only out if both are back)

If Bob and JJ are both unavailable, I would bring in someone for Dale. T Boyd, Hrovat, Honeychurch etc depending on tomorrow.

G-Mo77
08-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Stringer looked really sore. Possible out?

Dale really didn't have much impact as the sub. It wouldn't hurt to back and dominate the VFL again.

Not sure on the Ins at this stage.

Go_Dogs
08-08-2015, 09:22 PM
Out:
Stringer, Dale, Darley

In:
Boyd, Murphy, JJ

Rocco Jones
08-08-2015, 10:12 PM
If Stringer was so sore, we would have subbed him out.

LostDoggy
09-08-2015, 12:22 AM
Put me in the I don't care camp! I'm 100% confident anyone Bevo puts in will give 100%

Happy Days
09-08-2015, 12:40 AM
Pending tomorrow, but;

In: Murphy, JJ

Out: Dale, Darley

If one of Stringer or Dickson (not resting both) needs a break then Dale stays in. We can't play Redpath and Boyd together and as much as it pains me to admit it we can't drop Redpath this week.

boydogs
09-08-2015, 01:14 AM
Caleb Daniel was unusually quiet and loose with the ball, might be time for a rest
Bailey Dale didn't do much as sub
Sam Darley made a few errors and will probably make way for Murphy / JJ / Prudden
Lin Jong was tough in the contest but not involved enough
Tom Campbell was well beaten in the ruck
Jack Redpath was quiet until the game was over & Tom Boyd might be ripe for another crack

There, I found 6 potential outs in a 10 goal win :D

lemmon
09-08-2015, 09:42 AM

Interesting call, I thought he absolutely smashed Lobbe (who had two disposals) and if he had taken a few of those pack marks he got hands to it would have been perhaps the best performance we've had by a ruck all season. He can get flustered with ball in hand but the more he takes the simple option the more Tom will improve on what I thought was a very solid display

azabob
09-08-2015, 10:01 AM
Spot on Lem in regards to Campbell.

LostDoggy
09-08-2015, 10:20 AM
Agree as well re: Campbell. Lobbe was subbed off and looked absolutely filthy. Campbell did a terrific job.

LostDoggy
09-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Apparently Dickson was subbed off because of general soreness last week, so he may be another to get a week off and a freshen this week.

Scorlibo
09-08-2015, 02:56 PM
I can't help but think with the season we've had in the ruck department that our standards have been lowered a bit. Campbell was well beaten in the hitouts, not just in number but in quality. If Minson had played the same game we'd be very disappointed.

LostDoggy
09-08-2015, 02:58 PM
The big query for the MC this week will be who to rest. There are plenty who are deserving of a run and we really want everyone cherry ripe for the Eagles in R21.

No disrespect to Melbourne, but our depth is such that we can afford to rest some of our best 22 without impacting our week to week competitiveness.

I would think Stringer and Boyd would be 2 who would benefit from a rest, probably 1 or 2 more, whilst Dale probably should go down to Footscray for a full game.

If Stringer is rested, it'd be great to get Toyd into the team.

I wouldn't be resting guys just yet. Melbourne beat us earlier in the year by 39 points — yes, I know, we were in a slump and are flying now, but we are not yet mathematical certainties. I want us to come out all guns blazing, lock in the finals berth by flogging the absolute bejeezus out of Melbourne (hopefully and humbly), and if we need to rest players for September then keep them home instead of flying to Perth/Queensland/etc.

Caleb Daniel was unusually quiet and loose with the ball, might be time for a rest
Sam Darley made a few errors and will probably make way for Murphy / JJ / Prudden
Jack Redpath was quiet until the game was over & Tom Boyd might be ripe for another crack

Daniel quiet? He may not have racked up the stats this week but the things he did were pivotal and at critical moments of the match.
Darley I thought was fine, deserves another week, same as Jong. We can't make the mistake of turning match selection into a merry-go-round. I would make one, two changes at the absolute most unless injuries dictate otherwise.

LostDoggy
09-08-2015, 03:05 PM
BAS, if players are sore they will be rested. If this week was a final, Bob & JJ would've played, but we covered them with ease.

It's Bevo's way and it's serving us well.

chef
09-08-2015, 03:06 PM
I can't help but think with the season we've had in the ruck department that our standards have been lowered a bit. Campbell was well beaten in the hitouts, not just in number but in quality. If Minson had played the same game we'd be very disappointed.

I think getting to contests around the ground maybe more important than getting first hand on the ball at ball ups to Bevo.

bornadog
09-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Apparently Dickson was subbed off because of general soreness last week, so he may be another to get a week off and a freshen this week.

When you say last week, do you mean yesterday?

Last week MBoyd was subbed out

LostDoggy
09-08-2015, 04:04 PM
Yes, yesterday.

divvydan
09-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Only Dickson and Dahlhaus have played every game this season, so it wouldn't shock if Dickson was rested for a game and maybe Dahl too but maybe this time we separate the weeks (Murphy/JJ were the others who had played every game until last week).

Scorlibo
09-08-2015, 07:00 PM
Can we afford to be resting players?

LostDoggy
09-08-2015, 07:02 PM
In today's game you can't afford not to.

G-Mo77
09-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Can we afford to be resting players?

In terms of positioning no but if there is genuine concern over health then yes.

LostDoggy
09-08-2015, 08:18 PM
Put me in the I don't care camp! I'm 100% confident anyone Bevo puts in will give 100%

Agree Jaytee.
We can bring anyone in and take anyone out and this great group of men do us so proud with seamlesly slotting into positions that no one thought they could handle.

GOD I LOVE THIS CLUB!!!

Bullies
09-08-2015, 09:48 PM

Lobbe was taken off and was killed by Campbell. Not sure what game you were watching. Best game Campbell has had.

bornadog
09-08-2015, 11:36 PM
Lobbe was taken off and was killed by Campbell. Not sure what game you were watching. Best game Campbell has had.

Not with the hitouts.

LostDoggy
09-08-2015, 11:57 PM
Not with the hitouts.

I think Bevo is about as interested in hitouts as he is men's hair fashions.

bornadog
10-08-2015, 12:00 AM

True, just making an observation that Campbell didn't have it all his own way.

Greystache
10-08-2015, 12:02 AM
Only Dickson and Dahlhaus have played every game this season, so it wouldn't shock if Dickson was rested for a game and maybe Dahl too but maybe this time we separate the weeks (Murphy/JJ were the others who had played every game until last week).

Dickson looked really sore yesterday before being subbed out. I think ideally we would've subbed Stringer but it looked like they felt Dickson needed it more.

Sedat
10-08-2015, 12:09 AM
I'm a fan of Dale but he really needs to get some solid minutes in the VFL so he can be match-ready later in the season. Daniel was just ok yesterday and might need a rest. If Dickson and/or Stringer are out next week, I hope we don't go the Boyd/Redpath combo up forward. We lose the ability to lock the ball in our forward 50 if we go too top-heavy.

always right
10-08-2015, 08:51 AM
True, just making an observation that Campbell didn't have it all his own way.

Sorry but it bugs me how everything gets reduced to stats. I don't need stats to tell me what my eyes see.......TC was hugely influential yesterday, far beyond what his raw figures tell you. I've never seen him so agressive, the way he impacted the copntest and cleared the way for our runners. I've been dubious about his future but his performance on Saturday would have given him a lot of confidence.

chef
10-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Not with the hitouts.

More to being a ruckman now than just getting a tap.

Loved Campbells game and if he keeps playing like that our ruck set up isn't much of a worry anymore, especially with Roughie/TBoyd to partner him

bornadog
10-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Sorry but it bugs me how everything gets reduced to stats. I don't need stats to tell me what my eyes see.......TC was hugely influential yesterday, far beyond what his raw figures tell you. I've never seen him so agressive, the way he impacted the copntest and cleared the way for our runners. I've been dubious about his future but his performance on Saturday would have given him a lot of confidence.

Loved Campbells game and if he keeps playing like that our ruck set up isn't much of a worry anymore, especially with Roughie/TBoyd to partner him

My post has been taken out of context. I agree Campbell played well.

always right
10-08-2015, 06:04 PM
In:
Murphy
Boyd
Reckon Roughy will come bcak through the VFL and JJ might have another week to fully recover from his hamstring injury.

Out:
Dale
Stringer

Take no chances with Stringer who looked very sore. Dale needs a full game with Footscray.

LostDoggy
10-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Bernie Vince has become arguably the premier run with player in the AFL this year, I'll be interested to see who he goes to on the weekend. Probably Bont, although Mitch will be commanding plenty of respect also.

F'scary
10-08-2015, 07:43 PM

Whoah there, Beveridge's hair do is a classic French Revolution mullet. He could have been an extra in Les Mis fighting alongside Gerard Depardieu. Classic revolutionary look, not to be sneered at and certainly no Brunswick St $200 pompadour of the "alternative" set.

Nuggety Back Pocket
10-08-2015, 08:38 PM

Campbell still needs to take more marks around the ground. There were a number of occasions against Port where he was in a position to take an overhead mark but was unable to do so. Against the highly rated Lobbe, TC did well.
He certainly looks our best option in the ruck at the moment.

Rocket Science
10-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Campbell still needs to take more marks around the ground. There were a number of occasions against Port where he was in a position to take an overhead mark but was unable to do so. Against the highly rated Lobbe, TC did well.
He certainly looks our best option in the ruck at the moment.

Observed this as well.

He's getting to aerial contests ok but for a player with his ample bulk and reach seems to have an oddly delicate pair of hands as ball meets pack, often skittering straight through them.

He needs to be hauling a few more of those in, preferably with some authority.

Rocco Jones
10-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Injury report says...
JJ out
Murph, Prudden and Stringer should all be right.
Roughy and Roberts back, surely it will be via the VFL knowing the way we operate now.

In- Bob
Out- Dale

bornadog
13-08-2015, 05:18 PM
What chance Daniel Pearce playing this week after his upgrade to the primary list?

Rocco Jones
13-08-2015, 05:24 PM
What chance Daniel Pearce playing this week after his upgrade to the primary list?

I think this week was the cut off to upgrade rookies. If we are just looking to give him a game, this week and/or Round 23 vs Lions seem the best options.

G-Mo77
13-08-2015, 06:00 PM
I did read somewhere that Roughy could be straight back into the seniors.

LostDoggy
13-08-2015, 07:21 PM
In: Murphy, Pearce, T Boyd, Prudden
Out: Dale

LostDoggy
13-08-2015, 07:27 PM
3 to be deleted from interchange of: T Boyd, Jong, Grant, Darley, Daniel, Pearce, Prudden

bulldogtragic
13-08-2015, 07:32 PM
3 to be deleted from interchange of: T Boyd, Jong, Grant, Darley, Daniel, Pearce, Prudden

Pearce has to be in. Boyd, Grant and Daniel for me.

Twodogs
13-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Pearce has to be in. Boyd, Grant and Daniel for me.

In or out? I guess you not dropping J Grant so it has to be your ins.

Throughandthrough
13-08-2015, 07:58 PM
I think this week was the cut off to upgrade rookies. If we are just looking to give him a game, this week and/or Round 23 vs Lions seem the best options.

Yep. Was quite a few upgrades announced today.

Sedat
13-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Going on past history with giving players multiple weeks in the team, I think the bench will be Jong, Pearce, Grant and Darley. Prudden to come back via the twos, Daniel very stiff but to find more of the ball at VFL level, and Boyd will come in against West Coke on the bigger ground where the get-out option comes into play far more.

Go_Dogs
13-08-2015, 09:43 PM
I'm going to go with a bench of Grant, Boyd, Pearce and Jong, with one of the last 2 as the sub. I guarantee I'm completely wrong.

Scorlibo
13-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Going on past history with giving players multiple weeks in the team, I think the bench will be Jong, Pearce, Grant and Darley. Prudden to come back via the twos, Daniel very stiff but to find more of the ball at VFL level, and Boyd will come in against West Coke on the bigger ground where the get-out option comes into play far more.

Yep I reckon you're on the money. I can't recall any player coming in for just the one game and going back out straight away this season.

azabob
13-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Yep I reckon you're on the money. I can't recall any player coming in for just the one game and going back out straight away this season.

Shane Biggs and Redpath from memory.

F'scary
13-08-2015, 11:22 PM
Melbourne are by no means an easy beat, having won 2 of their last 4 games and were not disgraced against North last weekend.

Last time we played them it was during our worst patch for the season. A lot of our players who are selected for this Sunday were really down on form in the earlier meeting: Bonti (possibly playing injured), Crameri, Hunter, Biggs, Jong (played injured when he shouldn't have) and Dickson. All bar Jong have been in top form in recent weeks. We stuck with them for 3 quarters without looking like being the better side but then they ran away with it in the last. It was also the last installment of the Ayce Cordy experiment saga. There were 7 players, (8 if Toyd doesn't get a run on Sunday) who are not in the selected team for the current match, amongst them Goodes, Cordy & Dale. Of those who played then but are not in on Sunday, JJ was below par while Stevens was pretty good.

In summary, we are a different side in many respects from the team that got beaten in Round 8 but we better watch out. This one has Danger Game written all over it.

LostDoggy
13-08-2015, 11:39 PM
If we play this week the way we have been in the last couple of weeks, we will win but I agree that Melbourne are not to be taken lightly.

In particular, they are ranked #1 in the comp for contested marks, so our team defence can be tested.

bornadog
13-08-2015, 11:47 PM
Jong is no where near the form he was earlier in the year and I was surprised he came in last week. With only 12 disposals and very little influence in the game, he may be dropped back again this week.

LostDoggy
13-08-2015, 11:55 PM
The Pearce call is a surprising one with players like Hrovat and Honeychurch in the magoos and only 3 more weeks to play themselves into the best 22 for the finals.

Good luck to him, he's certainly worked hard for this opportunity. If he plays a blinder, the selectors difficulties are going to be nigh on impossible!!

Doc26
13-08-2015, 11:57 PM
Melbourne are by no means an easy beat, having won 2 of their last 4 games and were not disgraced against North last weekend.

Last time we played them it was during our worst patch for the season. A lot of our players who are selected for this Sunday were really down on form in the earlier meeting: Bonti (possibly playing injured), Crameri, Hunter, Biggs, Jong (played injured when he shouldn't have) and Dickson. All bar Jong have been in top form in recent weeks. We stuck with them for 3 quarters without looking like being the better side but then they ran away with it in the last. It was also the last installment of the Ayce Cordy experiment saga. There were 7 players, (8 if Toyd doesn't get a run on Sunday) who are not in the selected team for the current match, amongst them Goodes, Cordy & Dale. Of those who played then but are not in on Sunday, JJ was below par while Stevens was pretty good.

In summary, we are a different side in many respects from the team that got beaten in Round 8 but we better watch out. This one has Danger Game written all over it.

We really weren't on in our previous encounter. Probably our worst performed game for the season.

Melbourne's lesser lights on this occasion hurt us with Jake Spencer in the ruck, Vandenburg around the ground, Pederson up forward, Jack Fitzpatrick on TBoyd and Jimmy Toumpas down back all in their best group of players and all who are not playing this time around. They do have some handy replacements in Gawn and Tyson.

Among numerous others, I recall Stringer having a shocker with his kicking accuracy, Tory having his worst performance for the year and Bont well held by Vince. MBoyd got injured early but battled through to be one of our better players and TBoyd simply couldn't get anywhere near it.

Macrae and Moz for us were both missing from our team, who will be very handy inclusions this time around. I'm also hoping that Tommy Campbell and Jack Redpath, neither in our previous line up, can win their key positions and Caleb might offer us some extra intensity that was severely lacking previously which might help bring the likes of Bont and Dahl into it for greater effect.

I'm suspecting that the conditions at Etihad will suit us better than the blustery conditions we struggled to adapt to from our earlier encounter.

If we bring the intensity and form that we have done in recent times we should be well placed to win this one but I agree that it's a danger game, as are all, if we don't bring our end of the deal.

1eyedog
14-08-2015, 12:58 AM

No. Freakin. Chance. The start of the year may have been written of as a fluke and being able to maintain mid-season wins might have been interpreted as lucky and while you can only beat those put in front of you we've played a killer month of football. The Collingwood match was a danger game. We're the real deal and I lump Melbourne with the Bombers, certainly worse than Port and Collingwood so I hold little fear against them this week and fully expect our boys to Conan the Barabarian them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzvFNLAnYNw

ratsmac
14-08-2015, 07:39 AM
No. Freakin. Chance. The start of the year may have been written of as a fluke and being able to maintain mid-season wins might have been interpreted as lucky and while you can only beat those put in front of you we've played a killer month of football. The Collingwood match was a danger game. We're the real deal and I lump Melbourne with the Bombers, certainly worse than Port and Collingwood so I hold little fear against them this week and fully expect our boys to Conan the Barabarian them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzvFNLAnYNw

I totally agree. If we continue to play how we have been playing it should be another % booster. If we have a complete turn around on the way we are playing, well yeah we could lose but its highly unlikely IMO. The only danger is Stringer bursting into flames because he is so hot right now!

Go_Dogs
14-08-2015, 08:33 AM
So, who takes Hogan this week?

azabob
14-08-2015, 08:51 AM

I think Talia has to. Woof seems split on wether he will make it or not. Perhaps the club is as well. This weekend will help confirm either way.

Rocket Science
14-08-2015, 08:52 AM

He's in fair nick of late and we don't really have anyone that can deal with him 1-on-1, so Hamorriswood it is.

LostDoggy
14-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Maybe Hamling on Hogan and Talia on Dawes?

bornadog
14-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Maybe Hamling on Hogan and Talia on Dawes?

I would also go with that. Hamling at least has a leap so he can play on the taller players.

LostDoggy
14-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Yeah, Hogan covers a bit of ground as well so Hamling the man for mine.

Dees will also push Gawn, Howe, Brayshaw and Watts forward as marking options at times as well. If they get enough supply, they'll be a good test for our defence.

Mantis
14-08-2015, 12:07 PM
I would also go with that. Hamling at least has a leap so he can play on the taller players.

There is only 1cm difference between Hamling & Hogan so he seems the logical choice.. Will be a good test for him.

LostDoggy
14-08-2015, 12:22 PM
Bernie Vince has become arguably the premier run with player in the AFL this year, I'll be interested to see who he goes to on the weekend. Probably Bont, although Mitch will be commanding plenty of respect also.

There is only 1cm difference between Hamling & Hogan so he seems the logical choice.. Will be a good test for him.

I hope so too. He (Hogan) might be the hot property right now, but I reckon The Hammer Of The Gods might be able to keep him quiet. Really rate Joel, great test for him if he gets the nod.

whythelongface
14-08-2015, 12:24 PM
We really weren't on in our previous encounter. Probably our worst performed game for the season.

Melbourne's lesser lights on this occasion hurt us with Jake Spencer in the ruck, Vandenburg around the ground, Pederson up forward, Jack Fitzpatrick on TBoyd and Jimmy Toumpas down back all in their best group of players and all who are not playing this time around. They do have some handy replacements in Gawn and Tyson.

Among numerous others, I recall Stringer having a shocker with his kicking accuracy, Tory having his worst performance for the year and Bont well held by Vince. MBoyd got injured early but battled through to be one of our better players and TBoyd simply couldn't get anywhere near it.

Macrae and Moz for us were both missing from our team, who will be very handy inclusions this time around. I'm also hoping that Tommy Campbell and Jack Redpath, neither in our previous line up, can win their key positions and Caleb might offer us some extra intensity that was severely lacking previously which might help bring the likes of Bont and Dahl into it for greater effect.

I'm suspecting that the conditions at Etihad will suit us better than the blustery conditions we struggled to adapt to from our earlier encounter.

If we bring the intensity and form that we have done in recent times we should be well placed to win this one but I agree that it's a danger game, as are all, if we don't bring our end of the deal.

The biggest factor was that J Grant did not play. No wonder we lost.

Simply. If he plays this week we win.

Dancin' Douggy
14-08-2015, 01:15 PM
The last game against Melbourne was an awful one to watch. We got sucked into playing the game on their terms. Our structure s just collapsed, we had no forward line for most of the game. We had no outside runners, no overlap, it was awful. Our system is up and running like clockwork now. We should smash them.

mjp
14-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Melbourne were alright last week - North did well to win. There is a scenario where Hogan kicks 5 or 6 and Garlett gets 3 or 4 and we are in some real bother.

Melbourne beat Collingwood pretty easily a couple of weeks back and are going ok.

Hogan is a bad matchup for Talia and that will end badly. Hamling should be fine as long as the Morris/Wood combo can play their 3rd man roles.

1eyedog
14-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Melbourne were alright last week - North did well to win. There is a scenario where Hogan kicks 5 or 6 and Garlett gets 3 or 4 and we are in some real bother.

Melbourne beat Collingwood pretty easily a couple of weeks back and are going ok.

Hogan is a bad matchup for Talia and that will end badly. Hamling should be fine as long as the Morris/Wood combo can play their 3rd man roles.

Extremely unlikely. Lists aside Melbourne have lost their last 20 games at Etihad. They are just horrible there.

Remi Moses
14-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Our mids got smashed last time .
Don't think Mitch Wallis played, and we just didn't rock up .
Melbourne are inconsistent in games, and the Roos mantra that they are young is factually and statically wrong.

Doc26
14-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Our mids got smashed last time .
Don't think Mitch Wallis played, and we just didn't rock up.
Melbourne are inconsistent in games, and the Roos mantra that they are young is factually and statically wrong.

Remi, Mitch would've been in our best 3 in our last encounter with them. 10 kicks / 13 handballs / 12 tackles and ran with Nathan Jones. I agree that as a group we just didn't show up.

mjp
14-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Extremely unlikely. Lists aside Melbourne have lost their last 20 games at Etihad. They are just horrible there.

Hmmm. Pretty sure a month or so back Hogan kicked 5 there and they failed to beat the Saints by about 9.2 seconds. We can make whatever we like of numbers and losing streaks and whatever, but Melbourne losing 20 in a row at Etihad is not news...they have basically not won a game for 4 seasons. They are an improving side and - regardless of comments about age and experience and whatever else - need to be respected.

If Hogan kicks goals - and he is likely too - they can definitely win.

Mantis
14-08-2015, 05:29 PM

Lots of eggs in one basket.

Stringer, Crameri and Dickson as a group have the potential to kick many more goals than Hogan, especially in the sterile conditions of ES.

bornadog
14-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Hmmm. Pretty sure a month or so back Hogan kicked 5 there and they failed to beat the Saints by about 9.2 seconds. We can make whatever we like of numbers and losing streaks and whatever, but Melbourne losing 20 in a row at Etihad is not news...they have basically not won a game for 4 seasons. They are an improving side and - regardless of comments about age and experience and whatever else - need to be respected.

I agree, we should not be taking this game very lightly.

Axe Man
14-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Dom Tyson (hamstring) has withdrawn from Melbourne's squad for Sunday's game against the Western Bulldogs. Rohan Bail comes into the squad of 25.

Doc26
14-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Dom Tyson (hamstring) has withdrawn from Melbourne's squad for Sunday's game against the Western Bulldogs. Rohan Bail comes into the squad of 25.

A very handy out especially with Vandenberg also out with an injury. Their midfield will be stretched.

Ghost Dog
14-08-2015, 06:31 PM
Have not watched any Melb games this season. They always seem to take it to us though. Will feel better it being at Etihad.

Axe Man
14-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Just the one change - Murphy In, Dale Out.

Full back D Morris M Talia M Boyd
Half back R Murphy J Hamling E Wood
Centreline M Bontempelli J Macrae S Biggs
Half forward L Dahlhaus T Dickson S Crameri
Full forward L Hunter J Redpath J Stringer
Followers T Campbell M Wallis L Picken
Interchange J Grant S Darley C Daniel L Jong
Emergencies T Boyd D Pearce J Prudden

G-Mo77
14-08-2015, 06:43 PM
I expect a late out.

bulldogtragic
14-08-2015, 06:48 PM
I expect a late out.

Second your motion. Elevating Prudden and not play him makes even less sense.

Remi Moses
14-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Darcy Moore kicked 5 a few weeks ago and they lost.
Need a good spread of goal kickers, but they knocked us over last time.
Defiantly shouldn't be any complacency

bornadog
14-08-2015, 07:14 PM
Second your motion. Elevating Prudden and not play him makes even less sense.

You mean Pearce.

bulldogtragic
14-08-2015, 07:29 PM
You mean Pearce.

I do.

Smads57
14-08-2015, 08:44 PM
Dees also beat us in a pre-season game so have the wood over us so far in 2015. Danger game....

Twodogs
14-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Yeah he means Pearce.

Twodogs
14-08-2015, 08:51 PM
We will know tomorow anyway when Footscray runs out.