PDA

View Full Version : Susan Alberti

always right
06-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Never knew this about Susan Alberti. Quite an inspiration.

http://www.girlsplayfooty.com/2015/08/footy-comes-full-circle-in-susan.html

bornadog
06-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Heard Susie interviewed on the Coodebeens a few weeks ago and she told pretty much the same story. We are lucky to have such a passionate person at the Bulldogs.

Hotdog60
06-08-2015, 06:51 PM
When the day comes around that the women's comp curtain raises for the main game and the two best teams play in the Women's Grand Final before the Grand Final it would be fitting that the trophy is called the Alberti cup and the Bulldogs are the first to raise it up.

Twodogs
06-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Heard Susie interviewed on the Coodebeens a few weeks ago and she told pretty much the same story. We are lucky to have such a passionate person at the Bulldogs.

Susie is Footscray president and unfurled the premiership flag earlier in the year.

BornInDroopSt'54
06-08-2015, 08:09 PM
An amazing read and what an individual. We are lucky to have such a great pair at the helm at the Dogs, full of heart.

jeemak
06-08-2015, 10:44 PM
What a bloody legend.

Murphy'sLore
07-08-2015, 09:09 AM
She is a truly amazing person. If she didn't already have too much on her plate, wouldn't she make a wonderful AFL commissioner?

The Pie Man
07-08-2015, 02:37 PM
I marvel at such resilience - I would've crumbled under much less.

LostDoggy
07-08-2015, 03:21 PM
I knew she had a most impressive background, but still wowed by that article. Feels like she is well placed to be next in line after PG (in due course). Our club really has it's act together at present. Exciting times.

Max469
07-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Very special lady. I knew the stories about when her husband and daughter passed away. Hopefully her own health issues become a thing of the past for her. 50kg is an amazing amount of weight to lose. Good on her.

HOSE B ROMERO
07-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Epitome of a wonderful human being and what we could all aspire to be.

KT31
14-08-2015, 11:13 AM
What an inspiring, strong and wonderful role model for both sexes, we are very fortunate to have Susan on our side.

bornadog
19-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Bulldogs vice-president’s second chance

WOMEN’S football trail blazer Susan Alberti has lost an extraordinary 56kg in less than two years.
The Western Bulldogs vice-president changed her life around after being told by her doctor in June 2014 that her kidneys were failing and she had six months to live.

“I walked out and said my life is changing forever, I’ve got a second chance at life,” Alberti said.
“I’m half what I used to be but I don’t want to be known as the weight-loss queen or anything like that.
“It was done for my health, my well-being and I can tell you it’s great fun going shopping now.”
Alberti, 68, is hosting a breakfast at Leonda by the Yarra on March 4 to celebrate women in football.

I have seen her in recent times and she looks terrific, well done to turn things around. Noticed PG has lost a bit of weight too.

Maddog37
19-02-2016, 01:46 PM
She is a champ.

Twodogs
19-02-2016, 03:19 PM
I have seen her in recent times and she looks terrific, well done to turn things around. Noticed PG has lost a bit of weight too.

Wow. She lost as much as I weigh!

That's the same as walking around with a grown adult strapped to you. Good for you Susan.

Axe Man
29-08-2016, 03:27 PM
Just a heads up - Susan Alberti will feature on Australian Story on the ABC tonight at 8:00pm.

A League of Their Own (http://www.abc.net.au/austory/)

Women have been playing Australian Rules Football in local clubs for decades but that's as far as they've been able to go. Now this is all about to change, with the launch of a National AFL Women's League in February 2017. A driving force behind this revolution is Western Bulldogs vice-president Susan Alberti.

The businesswoman and philanthropist has been a tireless advocate for women's AFL and a vocal critic of those she considers disrespectful to women. Susan Alberti is a great supporter of female players and one of the stars of the game she has come to admire is marquee Collingwood player, Moana Hope.

With her signature pearls and designer handbag, Susan Alberti would seem very different to the tattooed, shaved-haired Moana Hope. But as Australian Story reveals, the two women have more in common than meets the eye.

Murphy'sLore
29-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Thanks for reminding me about this -- a must-watch!

MrMahatma
30-08-2016, 10:06 AM
A great watch

Murphy'sLore
30-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Moana Hope has a great story, too. Two remarkable women. Susan Alberti is just an astonishing, brave, dynamic person. Couldn't admire her more.

GVGjr
30-08-2016, 08:42 PM
The amount of people I work with who loved the story caught me by surprise. They couldn't believe how lovely and genuine both were.

By the way, there is one lady I work with who I think could make the grade as an AFL footballer. She also just won a premiership in the red, white and blue colours. I need to work out who I can contact at the club to pass on her name.

LostDoggy
30-08-2016, 09:24 PM
How good was it when Moana spoke of her pride at being a (Collingwood) marquee player and that her only pinch of regret was that she didn't get to the Dogs.

Remi Moses
30-08-2016, 09:50 PM
What a wonderful program and nice to see quality TV, and not some cooking , Reno, classless marriage program .

hujsh
30-08-2016, 10:37 PM
What about a cooking renovation done by people in a classless marriage which is then commented on by people watching at home?

Throughandthrough
31-08-2016, 12:01 AM
Just watched it on iview. Wonderful story.

Murphy'sLore
31-08-2016, 08:51 AM
Loved that little 'aw' moment when Sue and Bonti had a little hug at the top of the race after Mitch broke his leg... Just a very touching moment of genuine feeling.

Ozza
31-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Loved that little 'aw' moment when Sue and Bonti had a little hug at the top of the race after Mitch broke his leg... Just a very touching moment of genuine feeling.

Yeah - I couldn't help but say out loud...."Bonti....what a man".

It was a really great episode about Sue, Moana and a number of others involved in the women's footy.

bornadog
31-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Really enjoyed the show, some sad moments. Would loved to have had Moana at the Bulldogs.