PDA

View Full Version : Drafting Keefe or Thomas as a Rookie?

bulldogtragic
10-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Two very talented kids. Can't play next season and Collingwood has committed to only rookie draft them 'should they be available'. We've got a RD pick obviously before their second pick. Either would be a very handy pick 18 in the rookie draft, a lot more of a certainty. Thoughts?

LostDoggy
10-08-2015, 06:56 PM
If we do, no clubbing with Libba ;)

bulldogtragic
10-08-2015, 06:57 PM
If we do, no clubbing with Libba ;)

Perhaps they could be his buddy and talk to him about their experiences...

The Doctor
10-08-2015, 06:57 PM
no thanks

Bulldog Joe
10-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Why would we even give this a nanosecond of consideration.

When we look at our current list we are struggling to find the minimum delistings, yet we need to keep adding youth, that we have been exceptional at identifying over the past 3 or 4 years.

At best they are fringe players. We do not need fringe players who cannot participate in the next season.

chef
10-08-2015, 07:15 PM
No thanks. Not WB quality.

GVGjr
10-08-2015, 07:19 PM
I suspect BT knows what the majority of responses will be but for what it's worth I'm not sure why we or anyone else would consider bringing in players that have knowingly mislead their own club.

I stand by the principle that people can reset their values and bounce back from these sort of setbacks but it doesn't mean I have the patience to accept them in to our club.
Good luck to the boys and I hope they stay healthy but the Pies are in the best place to support them.

Macca's "good young men" mantra applies

boydogs
10-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Two very talented kids

What makes you say that?

AndrewP6
10-08-2015, 11:38 PM
No. Just...no.

bulldogtragic
11-08-2015, 08:39 AM
I suspect BT knows what the majority of responses will be

You got me. But having conversations on what we don't want can help with diligence and also crystallise what we do want. No rock should be left unturned, if only to dismiss it. I don't see us having a rookie selection outside of hoping Smith and Ayce end up there.

Mantis
11-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Macca's "good young men" mantra applies

You really believe we are squeaky clean?

I don't.

bornadog
11-08-2015, 04:04 PM

I don't.

I don't believe any club is.

KT31
14-08-2015, 12:00 PM
I don't believe any club is.

I've heard of a few stories lately that would make me agree.

GVGjr
14-08-2015, 09:06 PM

I don't.

You know I mean the good young men approach. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned Macca.
Of course there will some challenges along the way, but responding to the opening post why would we want to take a risk on the two Collingwood players?

Remi Moses
14-08-2015, 11:47 PM
They'd get a decent steak out our club ;)
Both talented and have learnt a pretty harsh lesson

Twodogs
15-08-2015, 12:16 AM
You know I mean the good young men approach. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned Macca.
Of course there will some challenges along the way, but responding to the opening post why would we want to take a risk on the two Collingwood players?

Why would we tie down a Rookie spot on a player who can't play for two years, that would be plain stupid. Neither of them have the ability to justify an indulgence like that.