PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky Non-Captains

bulldogtragic
13-08-2015, 12:30 AM
I was thinking today how many captain like great young leaders we have, and that most won't get the chance to hold the captaincy permanently (unless we go down the Grant Thomas rotation policy).

Got me thinking about players past very unlucky that other great leaders were about. Scott West and Gia spring immediately to mind as either guns/good leaders who just had too many other stand outs to get the captaincy.

Other nominations?

FrediKanoute
13-08-2015, 12:53 AM
I was thinking today how many captain like great young leaders we have, and that most won't get the chance to hold the captaincy permanently (unless we go down the Grant Thomas rotation policy).

Got me thinking about players past very unlucky that other great leaders were about. Scott West and Gia spring immediately to mind as either guns/good leaders who just had too many other stand outs to get the captaincy.

Other nominations?

Choco Royal
Andrew Purser

BulldogBelle
13-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Ian Dunstan
Left to go to North where he was a dud, would certainly been captain if he had stayed on.

1eyedog
13-08-2015, 10:55 AM
Fosi was well liked by all at the club. A true larrikan but a genuinely good footballer who led by example on the field. Others would have followed him to hell no doubt and we played bigger and better with him in the side.

KT31
13-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Early on I thought Libba would have been a inspired choice, and I although I could see the reasoning I always though Wally was unlucky to lose it.

If Gronners ever got the job he could have always started his players address with, "this is your Captain speaking.":)

bornadog
13-08-2015, 11:56 AM
We have a number of players that are potential future captains.

Wallis, Roughead, Hrovat, The Bont.

Twodogs
13-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Roughead is the captain of the vice so he would be next in line I think.

Twodogs
13-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Ian Dunstan
Left to go to North where he was a dud, would certainly been captain if he had stayed on.

He pretty much was captain for the two seasons when Templeton was rehabbing from his knee.