PDA

View Full Version : King Wally

bulldogtragic
16-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Yes, well. All his team mates have such long and complicated nick names. Seems a shame for this young man to miss out. So I think I'll just go on calling him King Wally. :D

azabob
16-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Call me old fashioned, but Mitch Wallis is my favourite player. He is a gun, full stop. Most improved in 2015, and should do extremely well in the B&F.

chef
16-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Yes, well. All his team mates have such long and complicated nick names. Seems a shame for this young man to miss out. So I think I'll just go on calling him King Wally. :D

He gets called Napoleon Dynamite in my household.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=napoleon+dynamite&rlz=1C1PRFA_enAU441&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=965&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIgvzJzZ6txwIVIdumCh2VlgHp#imgrc=bNziDiZO U876UM%3A

Twodogs
16-08-2015, 08:09 PM
He might just be better than his old man. Maybe not tougher although Mitch is pretty tough but Steve was harder than a cat's head.

F'scary
16-08-2015, 08:19 PM

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=napoleon+dynamite&rlz=1C1PRFA_enAU441&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=965&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIgvzJzZ6txwIVIdumCh2VlgHp#imgrc=bNziDiZO U876UM%3A

Ditto.

Rocket Science
16-08-2015, 08:35 PM

http://i.imgur.com/gboojm0.png

chef
16-08-2015, 08:43 PM
Thats awesome

SonofScray
16-08-2015, 08:50 PM
I yell out NAPOLEON every time he does anything. I gets plenty of lols from the peanut gallery in Bay 18.

Going really well in the middle and across half forward.

jeemak
16-08-2015, 09:40 PM
If Grant is BT's boy, Wally's mine.

He's the apple of my eye, and has been since he started putting together some well balanced games last season.

He does the basics well, and is getting better and better at doing the not so basic well regularly. He's also a regular goal kicker.

We've got a genuine gun on our hands.

Twodogs
16-08-2015, 09:44 PM
I'm starting to see why he was taken ahead of Libba now.

azabob
16-08-2015, 09:46 PM

I think that is a really unfair comment to make with Liberatore out injured.

jeemak
16-08-2015, 09:50 PM
I think that is a really unfair comment to make with Liberatore out injured.

Really?

I think TD is just expressing his understanding or perception of why Wallis was rated so highly as a junior. A lot of people who watch football have scratched their heads over that one for a while, largely because Mitch hasn't shown what he's capable of for whatever reason.

azabob
16-08-2015, 09:52 PM

Really?

I think TD is just expressing his understanding or perception of why Wallis was rated so highly as a junior.

Yeah, you are probably right.

Apologies Twodogs!

LostDoggy
16-08-2015, 09:56 PM
Wally just grows every week. Loved what he did forward of the ball this week. Shows real leadership and organisational skills as well.

I'm not interested in ranking him with Libba or Bont, I just can't wait for the next decade of centre square contests they are going to collectively dominate.

As a starting midfield unit these 3 have the potential to go down amongst the all-time greats.

bornadog
16-08-2015, 11:46 PM
If Grant is BT's boy, Wally's mine.

He's the apple of my eye, and has been since he started putting together some well balanced games last season.

He does the basics well, and is getting better and better at doing the not so basic well regularly. He's also a regular goal kicker.

We've got a genuine gun on our hands.
And I like his haircut

merantau
17-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Mitch Wallis wears the number 3 for a reason. He is a seriously good footballer who goes into the trenches committed to the cause and with a relentless intensity. He has wonderful balance and recovery and sure hands. In the tackle he's a "Baby-faced Assassin." He looks like a choir boy but plays like a street fighter. A real asset to the team

Twodogs
17-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Yeah, you are probably right.

Apologies Twodogs!

No stress Az, Jeemak alluded correctly my inference. For a long time people have sniggered about us rating Wally higher than Libba as juniors and taking Mitch ahead of Tom. Tom is a gun and the best in the AFL at what he does but Mitch is closing the gap very quickly.

Mantis
17-08-2015, 07:06 PM
No stress Az, Jeemak alluded correctly my inference. For a long time people have sniggered about us rating Wally higher than Libba as juniors and taking Mitch ahead of Tom. Tom is a gun and the best in the AFL at what he does but Mitch is closing the gap very quickly.

We only took Wally higher as that is how the other clubs rated them.

To say that Mitch is closing the gap is a bit disrespectful to Tom considering he has had no chance to improve this year and pretty much carried our midfield last year.... If his level of improvement was in line with the rest of his team-mates it's fair to say he would amongst the competitions elite.

GVGjr
17-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Whichever way we want to look at we got 2 first round draft pick quality players in the same year for the cost of a 1st and 2nd round pick.
It would be a lot harder now to get a similar result. What I really respect about Wallis this year is that he adds so much value in other positions as well. He's been a threat to opposition teams when resting up forward this season and he has taken his fitness to another level.

Twodogs
17-08-2015, 08:19 PM
We only took Wally higher as that is how the other clubs rated them.

To say that Mitch is closing the gap is a bit disrespectful to Tom considering he has had no chance to improve this year and pretty much carried our midfield last year.... If his level of improvement was in line with the rest of his team-mates it's fair to say he would amongst the competitions elite.

There was a game they played during preseason that involved running at full pace avoiding tackles and handballing the ball to the best option. Even the players called it "Libba's game" because he was head and shoulders above everyone else at it.

Man he would be handy.

BornInDroopSt'54
18-08-2015, 11:05 AM
I think Charlie Sutton knew Mitch Wallis. I think his soul knew Mitch's fate and when he died, it went straight up Mitch's nostrils.