PDA

View Full Version : Training 26/11/07

LostDoggy
26-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Took my father to see training for the first time since April this year.
Basically it was an introduction session for 5 of the 6 new draftees.
Grant is very skinny but moves well. Arm in plaster.
Callan Ward looked very happy.
Easton Wood trained as did Boumann.
Boumann hair style is a dead black cat on his head.
O'Keefe is a Farren Ray look alike. Injured I believe.

Skipper walked laps and did the bike
Ryan Williams(huge) and Street ran laps.
Hudson did ruck drills with Barnes.
Griffen looks huge(muscular) . Aker not as skinny as last season.

Will write tell more later.

LostDoggy
26-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Whats the go with training now Ernie? I looked at the website and couldnt find any training times. Are they back training full time at WO? Are the public allowed to go and have a look?

Sockeye Salmon
26-11-2007, 03:39 PM

Huge as in tall or huge as in solid? His basketball bio said 194cm but elsewhere I have read that he's a ruckman. 194 aint no ruckman.

Dry Rot
26-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Are we rookieing Ryan Wililams?

Topdog
26-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Are we rookieing Ryan Wililams?

I think the official line is we are thinking about it. He's training with us so you'd think it was a forgone conclusion.

LostDoggy
26-11-2007, 06:54 PM
I just saw them on the news, Boumann is in serious need of a hair cut...it's horrible. Jarrad Grant reminds me a bit of Murphy in his looks as well as O'Keefe looking like Farren.

They all looked very happy to be at the club and it's good to hear that training went well.

LostDoggy
26-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Whats the go with training now Ernie? I looked at the website and couldnt find any training times. Are they back training full time at WO? Are the public allowed to go and have a look?

I saw it on the press release yesterday. Basically my father used to go to most sessions until May this year when he had a heart attack and triple bypass. I thought I'd take him.
Pretty sure it was open to the public today but I believe we were the only 2 of the general public.
Spoke with Bob the recruiter, camera man, a sports scientist and Noel the trainer. Brad Gotch introduced himself. Nice bloke.
With the reconstruction there isn't a lot of room to watch or for parking.

LostDoggy
26-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Huge as in tall or huge as in solid? His basketball bio said 194cm but elsewhere I have read that he's a ruckman. 194 aint no ruckman.
194 cm seems right but he is also pretty solid muscular wise.
The concern was he was running laps then on the bike. Hammy/back issue.

LostDoggy
26-11-2007, 07:10 PM
I think the official line is we are thinking about it. He's training with us so you'd think it was a forgone conclusion.

I wouldn't say its a forgone conclusion if we only have 3 spaces and Patrick Rose, Meyer and a couple of others are training as well.
I assume they will get a >194cm ruck as well.

LostDoggy
26-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I just saw them on the news, Boumann is in serious need of a hair cut...it's horrible.
Yepp. I felt sick.
He actually looks stronger and taller than Grant.
With Grant you can just tell he is talented and knows it a little.

BulldogBelle
26-11-2007, 07:55 PM
I saw it on the press release yesterday. Basically my father used to go to most sessions until May this year when he had a heart attack and triple bypass. I thought I'd take him.

Well done Ern on taking your dad today. He would have enjoyed it. Thanks also for the report.

Mantis
26-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Pretty sure it was open to the public today but I believe we were the only 2 of the general public.
Spoke with Bob the recruiter, camera man, a sports scientist and Noel the trainer. Brad Gotch introduced himself. Nice bloke.
With the reconstruction there isn't a lot of room to watch or for parking.

I thought the ground was a construction site so you weren't able to watch training. Where did you watch training from?

GVGjr
26-11-2007, 10:06 PM
I just saw them on the news, Boumann is in serious need of a hair cut...it's horrible. Jarrad Grant reminds me a bit of Murphy in his looks as well as O'Keefe looking like Farren.

They all looked very happy to be at the club and it's good to hear that training went well.

I was at the players sponsors night with Bornadog and Wayne Campbell made mention that Boumann is normally 196cm tall but with the hair he is closer to 205cm. It brought the house down.

LostDoggy
26-11-2007, 10:17 PM
I thought the ground was a construction site so you weren't able to watch training. Where did you watch training from?

I parked in old parking spots, went through the pokies entrance, through the door past the closed bulldog shop, turn left and up the opposition change room gate onto the ground. There is a lot of gravel and dirt but a few seats still left in front of the gent stand.

My dad was usually invited to closed sessions.

For those that know Pat Harrington (the actor Kevin's father), he is pretty sick we were told.

LostDoggy
26-11-2007, 10:53 PM
My sister is close friends with Kevin's daughter.

My thoughts are with them.

Sockeye Salmon
26-11-2007, 10:54 PM

Last year we brought Matthew Seal over from East Perth to train with us then didn't draft him.

If it was a forgone conclusion they wouldn't need to see them train, would they?

Dry Rot
27-11-2007, 12:36 AM

Thanks for the reports Ernie - how is your dad?

The Underdog
27-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Yepp. I felt sick.
He actually looks stronger and taller than Grant.
With Grant you can just tell he is talented and knows it a little.

I think this is a big positive. Too much ego is bad, but a bit of self confidence is something we need our players to have.

Thanks for the report Ernie.

MrMahatma
27-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Nothing wrong with a bit of a swagger. Hopefully he delivers on it.

LostDoggy
27-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the reports Ernie - how is your dad?

He had a stroke in September as well and lost some feeling on his left side. He getting a stent? done today. Otherwise he is alright.

Twodogs
27-11-2007, 09:13 AM
He had a stroke in September as well and lost some feeling on his left side. He getting a stent? done today. Otherwise he is alright.

Yep a stent. It holds open veins and chambers inside the heart.

My old man's got a few keeping him alive.

Dry Rot
27-11-2007, 09:25 AM

Good luck with that - should make a bit of a difference..

Sockeye Salmon
27-11-2007, 10:09 AM

Good luck to Super Mario. Hope everything is fine.

Bulldog Revolution
27-11-2007, 11:31 AM
I was at the players sponsors night with Bornadog and Wayne Campbell made mention that Boumann is normally 196cm tall but with the hair he is closer to 205cm. It brought the house down.

Its like the classic line from Fletch - 6 foot 5, 6 foot 9 with the afro