PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Get John Barker?

bulldogtragic
24-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Bolton apparently getting named shortly as Carlton coach. I've been impressed by him and he's cut from the same cloth as Bevo in terms of good results at Hawthorn. Could be a good addition to the coaching panel, and who knows, perhaps he could convince a decent player or too to head to WO.

Remi Moses
24-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Why?

Mantis
24-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Who do you want to get rid of?

LostDoggy
24-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Not against it but won't be cheap. Clubs that don't have anyone from the Hawthon coaching group will be pretty keen to get hold of all that IP.

azabob
24-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Barker was only at Hawthorn for 2 years, 2009 and 2010.

He wasnt there at the height of Hawthorns powers.

Ozza
25-08-2015, 10:44 AM

Barker was at the Saints in 2007 & 2008
Hawks in 2009 & 2010
Carlton ever since.

Now I'm certainly not suggesting he isn't a good coach....but he hasn't been involved in a successful team.

I'm pretty happy with how our coaches are going at present. Seems the players are happy with Monty, Gia, Rohan Smith, Joel Corey and Steven King (as well as the development coaches).

LostDoggy
25-08-2015, 11:18 AM

Admittedly, 09&10 were down years, but Clarkson has won flags at Hawthorn since 08 so Barker would've been learning heaps. Has also assisted under Ross Lyon and Mick Malthouse so will know a thing or 2.

Not saying we should get him, just saying he will be in high demand.

craigsahibee
26-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Nah. I saw him play against us at Etihad one day and he laughed at Craig Ellis after beating him on the lead. Showed complete disrespect to Craig and our Club, and all of this coming from a bloke who was an average footballer at best. Shite human not needed at Whitten Oval. He is a good fit at Carlton. Leave him there.

1eyedog
26-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Nah. I saw him play against us at Etihad one day and he laughed at Craig Ellis after beating him on the lead. Showed complete disrespect to Craig and our Club, and all of this coming from a bloke who was an average footballer at best. Shite human not needed at Whitten Oval. He is a good fit at Carlton. Leave him there.

I agree he looks like a dick so he must be a dick :rolleyes:

GVGjr
26-08-2015, 07:32 PM
We have a senior assistant coach in Monty so I'm not sure we need to add another.
Barker is probably a very good coach but I don;t think we need him.

lemmon
26-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Just on Monty, has it surprised anyone that his name is never raised in terms of senior gigs elsewhere especially as he came so close in the race last year with Bevo?

GVGjr
26-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Just on Monty, has it surprised anyone that his name is never raised in terms of senior gigs elsewhere especially as he came so close in the race last year with Bevo?

He had been at Carlton before as an assistant and I don't think that ended well with him an Ratten.
He is probably at that stage where he would need to be asked to apply.
It happens with many coaching cycles but at this moment if you haven't worked with Clarko it might be that much harder.

Remi Moses
26-08-2015, 08:17 PM

Just reading Craig's story a few weeks back, I think he's bank balance is having the last laugh

boydogs
26-08-2015, 08:24 PM
It happens with many coaching cycles but at this moment if you haven't worked with Clarko it might be that much harder.

That name may change to Bevo in a couple of years