PDA

View Full Version : Michael Talia

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Eastdog
24-08-2015, 08:03 PM
It was a disappointing game for Michael yesterday but I still feel that when he gets his confidence he'll be an important part of our defensive structure. With Roughy and Roberts to come back what role do we see Michael playing down there.

boydogs
24-08-2015, 08:11 PM
He looks big but I think he is lacking core strength, his weakness in 1 on 1's seems to come from trying to reach around his opponent to spoil instead of shifting them off the ball

More games and preseasons should help him improve

F'scary
24-08-2015, 08:41 PM
I think Talia can play better. He is worth his spot on the list for another season or two for where he is at the moment and he needs to develop more, probably playing in the VFL more than the AFL over the next season.

anfo27
24-08-2015, 11:08 PM
Clearly just a depth player for mine. His one on one work is terrible and has been for the last two years. Bevo's team defence has hidden his weaknesses very well for the most part. It's got very little to do with his core strength imo but rather his lack of confidence in his own ability. When he does do ok its because he backs himself in the contest instead of always looking for his opponent.

I personally have zero confidence in Michael becoming a 100 game player for the club. He has some currency and i would seriously look at trading him.

1eyedog
24-08-2015, 11:15 PM
What role? Helping Footscray go back to back. I had high hopes for him last year because he looked likely in a few matches but he is one of the few players who has gone backwards under Bevo. He is misreading the flight of the ball, getting outmuscled in one on one contests and his direct opponent is losing him way too easily.

Go_Dogs
25-08-2015, 08:38 AM
I'm not prepared to write him off because he has at times this season shown he has some of the tools to develop into a reliable defender who is prepared to work on the transition too.

He clearly still has a few areas he needs to continue to work on, but I think ultimately with our best side in and our team defence holding up across the park he's capable of playing as that second/third defender.

It will be interesting to see whether he considers his future is best placed at another club, but given our other key defenders have injury concerns and maybe lack in durability I'm reluctant to do anything other than sign Talia up again.

Mantis
25-08-2015, 09:23 AM
If Michael wants to explore his options then we shouldn't stand in his way, but happy it give him more time if he wants. In saying that I don't see him being anywhere near our best 22 when everyone is available.. His inability to defend is a real problem, and one that isn't improving.. Yet?

soupman
25-08-2015, 09:58 AM
Talia's biggest strength atm is his durability, which is the one thing the rest of our key defenders do not have.

Should we get another key defender in I would be looking at offloading Talia for the best deal available. He is capable at AFL level, but has to many limitations to excel.

Mofra
25-08-2015, 10:27 AM
He is generally good at judging the flight of the ball, but is poor one on one and has been since he was drafted - his lack of gametime last year was due to his poor progress in not overcoming a basic weakness in his game.

I'd rather keep him as we have poor depth in the KPD position but I'd understand if he wants to look elsewhere.

Sedat
25-08-2015, 11:42 AM
He is generally good at judging the flight of the ball, but is poor one on one and has been since he was drafted.
Daniel must have owned poor Michael in the backyard because he is elite one-on-one.

ReLoad
25-08-2015, 12:19 PM
As much as it pangs me to say it, and gosh i hope to be proved wrong, but i just don't see it in him, i just cant see the upside. :(

LostDoggy
25-08-2015, 12:37 PM
If we do land a quality ruck in the trade period, does this free Roughy up to primarily become our #1 KPD?

If so, that puts Talia behind Roughy, Roberts and Hamling and must place his spot on the list under question.

Really comes down to the amount of upside the development coaches can see in him versus his value in the market.

Happy to be wrong, but my gut feel is that he'll be traded at the end of the year.

Greystache
25-08-2015, 01:05 PM
He is generally good at judging the flight of the ball, but is poor one on one and has been since he was drafted - his lack of gametime last year was due to his poor progress in not overcoming a basic weakness in his game.

I'd rather keep him as we have poor depth in the KPD position but I'd understand if he wants to look elsewhere.

To me this is his glaring flaw. He doesn't seem to have any idea where the ball's going in flight which means he's totally reliant on his opponent to give him a guide as to where to position himself. It's why he's always watching his opponent in a one on one and seems a few steps behind and off balance. It's also why he so often goes 3rd man up and completely misses the ball with his spoil. It's a massive problem for an aspiring AFL key position player to try to overcome.

Stefcep
25-08-2015, 01:10 PM
To me this is his glaring flaw. He doesn't seem to have any idea where the ball's going in flight which means he's totally reliant on his opponent to give him a guide as to where to position himself. It's why he's always watching his opponent in a one on one and seems a few steps behind and off balance. It's also why he so often goes 3rd man up and completely misses the ball with his spoil. It's a massive problem for an aspiring AFL key position player to try to overcome.

so what is the modern theory for a defender? Watch the opponent and go where he goes, or watch the ball and leave the opponent to go for the ball?

Greystache
25-08-2015, 01:44 PM
so what is the modern theory for a defender? Watch the opponent and go where he goes, or watch the ball and leave the opponent to go for the ball?

There's nothing modern about one on one defending. You have to watch the ball and know where it's going all you're screwed, that's the starting point. Then it's a matter of body positioning and being strong enough to hold you're ground or having the reach to get your fist to the ball first.

Cyberdoggie
25-08-2015, 01:49 PM

I totally agree, I think he gets completely lost when he has to look at both his opponent and the ball coming in. Seems to get caught in two minds and react very slowly if one of the variables change.

He has also been poor when deciding to run off his man when a long ball is coming in, thinking he can intercept or spoil as the 3rd man up but totally misreading where the ball is coming in and the time it takes him to get there. I've seen him try to do this and still be running in 10 metres from the contest, while leaving his man running back to the goal square for an easy goal on a couple of occasions.

I think he does a few things ok but he has these few weaknesses which are huge for a defender and I don't think any amount of coaching can teach a player to have awareness like an Easton Wood or Bob Murphy.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-08-2015, 01:53 PM

Agreed, this frustrates me no end. He gives away so many free kicks because he focuses on his opponent rather than the flight of the ball.

In a weird way, Talia has done well to date given the extreme limitations in his game. Our injuries have helped, but for mine, having had a good look at him this year I'd persist elsewhere.

Ghost Dog
25-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Only one question remains. Can he be trained to overcome his deficiencies? Lord knows we persisted long enough with Jarrad Grant. Surely we should give Talia some patience. Is Scarlett still doing any coaching with us?

Rocket Science
25-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Only one question remains. Can he be trained to overcome his deficiencies? Lord knows we persisted long enough with Jarrad Grant. Surely we should give Talia some patience. Is Scarlett still doing any coaching with us?

Agreed.

His game needs significant work and I'm personally terrified every time he's caught in a 1-on-1 at the moment, but he's all of 22 years old and played just 30 games of footy.

How many key position defenders going round were fully formed at that stage in their careers?

Hopefully, every touch up he gets is a lesson. I'd back our current coaching group to get him where we need him to be.

G-Mo77
25-08-2015, 04:11 PM

No he's finished. He's 22 years of age and should learnt his craft and developed peak strength by this time.

Sorry for the sarcasm after a geniune question but bloody hell some supporters just have no patienece. I'd be really disappointed if we lost him at the end of season.

Greystache
25-08-2015, 04:17 PM
No he's finished. He's 22 years of age and should learnt his craft and developed peak strength by this time.

Sorry for the sarcasm after a geniune question but bloody hell some supporters just have no patienece. I'd be really disappointed if we lost him at the end of season.

Tom Mcdonald is 22 and has been carrying his team's defence for two years. Daniel Talia is 23 and has been carrying his team for 3 seasons. Alex Rance was considered a slow developer and was unlucky to miss the All Australia squad at 22.

Ghost Dog
25-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Depends on his attitude. Sherman, Everitt, both could have been good players with us but didn't tow the line ( at least, that's my perception, am I wrong? ). He might have the body and athleticism, but not the application to basics. Only time will tell.

From some of the petulant acts that gifted 50m penalties, I am assuming he is a little immature. Is this a valid observation?

G-Mo77
25-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Depends on his attitude. Sherman, Everitt, both could have been good players with us but didn't tow the line ( at least, that's my perception, am I wrong? ). He might have the body and athleticism, but not the application to basics. Only time will tell.

From some of the petulant acts that gifted 50m penalties, I am assuming he is a little immature. Is this a valid observation?

Yeah I sense that as well and habits can be broken. I still think he can be a decent backman in this league and we're not really in a position to just throw away KPD's especially when ours first string guys struggle to stay on the park.

bornadog
25-08-2015, 06:41 PM
From injury news:

Fellow defender Michael Talia rolled his ankle against the Eagles, but managed to play out the match.
“Michael rolled his ankle during the game, he played out the game and we just want to make sure we give him every opportunity we can to present himself to make himself available to play this week, so we’re just managing him in the right ways.”

Sedat
26-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Tom Mcdonald is 22 and has been carrying his team's defence for two years. Daniel Talia is 23 and has been carrying his team for 3 seasons. Alex Rance was considered a slow developer and was unlucky to miss the All Australia squad at 22.
Jake Lever also goes alright for a first-year player coming off a knee reco last year.

bulldogtragic
26-08-2015, 09:10 PM
David King just outed Talia from the weekend on 360. Pretty scathing and honest assessment of where Talia is and that he will probably get dropped this week according to Kingy.

SlimPickens
26-08-2015, 09:14 PM
David King just outed Talia from the weekend on 360. Pretty scathing and honest assessment of where Talia is and that he will probably get dropped this week according to Kingy.

Spot on to.

kruder
26-08-2015, 09:25 PM

It was a great piece of footage indeed. My other concern is the amount of times he spoils his own player when going third up.

bornadog
26-08-2015, 10:47 PM

Rolled ankle will also contribute.

boydogs
26-08-2015, 11:12 PM

Rolled ankle will also contribute.

Yeah fair play from our supporters on the day, though I still think Hamling was just as bad, but given we have since put him on the injury list as rolling an ankle during the game it seems harsh for them to get stuck in now

Rocket Science
26-08-2015, 11:56 PM
Generally don't mind King's take on the game but without having seen the segment potting a 30 gamer, particularly given the obvious quality of the opposition (not to mention Talia's direct opponents) seems misplaced and a little mendacious, more akin to the kind of faux 'tell-it-like-it-is' sneering you expect from Lloyd, Lyon or Maclure.

Not sure we got smacked by the Eagles - who go alright by the way - because Talia had an ordinary day.

LostDoggy
27-08-2015, 12:04 AM
Generally don't mind King's take on the game but without having seen the segment potting a 30 gamer, particularly given the obvious quality of the opposition (not to mention Talia's direct opponents) seems misplaced and a little mendacious, more akin to the kind of faux 'tell-it-like-it-is' sneering you expect from Lloyd, Lyon or Maclure.

Not sure we got smacked by the Eagles - who go alright by the way - because Talia had an ordinary day.

I haven't seen it either RS, but that was my reaction as well. When you factor in that our midfield was smashed leading to the ball flying into the 50, our team defence totally broke down (WCE scored at 70% of entries, best % of any team all year) and the kid was playing injured, King was really picking some low hanging fruit.

bulldogtragic
27-08-2015, 01:04 AM
He was pointing out how the WCE defence zone guards space and doesn't play one on one per se and showed footage of it working with Elliot Yeo. He pointed out that we were trying to do the same, but that Talia was not effectively guarding the space and not playing team team defence by trying to play one on one footy and that

a) It wasn't working for the team and letting the wider defence down, and
b) That he was getting badly beaten despite playing one on one, and
c) That his positioning is a long way off what Bevo would want in the context of what we want (perhaps why he's been playing VFL)

And that Talia would most likely be dropped on the above, explained over the footage. It was actually reasonably sound with the footage and contrasts. Unlike Matthew Lloyd etc.

Bulldog4life
27-08-2015, 01:33 PM
He was pointing out how the WCE defence zone guards space and doesn't play one on one per se and showed footage of it working with Elliot Yeo. He pointed out that we were trying to do the same, but that Talia was not effectively guarding the space and not playing team team defence by trying to play one on one footy and that

c) That his positioning is a long way off what Bevo would want in the context of what we want (perhaps why he's been playing VFL)

And that Talia would most likely be dropped on the above, explained over the footage. It was actually reasonably sound with the footage and contrasts. Unlike Matthew Lloyd etc.

I heard it too BT but I didn't realize Michael was injured. This would have affected his running.

bornadog
27-08-2015, 01:35 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNYbkRdU8AID2pF.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNYbkRdUEAEq5jF.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNYbkReVAAAaLNR.jpg

Bulldog Joe
27-08-2015, 10:43 PM
I heard it too BT but I didn't realize Michael was injured. This would have affected his running.

May have affected his running, but not his positioning.

bornadog
21-09-2015, 05:15 PM
RUMOUR

Sydney have offered him 3 years compared to our 2 years.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2015, 05:17 PM
RUMOUR

Needs to be a big trade then. Three years at $450,000 or so is first round material.

LostDoggy
21-09-2015, 05:18 PM
RUMOUR

I have heard that too - apparently $400k pa !!

Adelaide and Melbourne also in mix.

Suspect he'll be elsewhere next year.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Gary Rowan? Pick 15?

Pickenitup
21-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Gee I hope we sign him he is going to be a very good player and we are short of KPP we have put 4 years into him id hate for
to flourish at another club.

LostDoggy
21-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Gary Rowan? Pick 15?

Can't see Sydney trading picks given academy rules. Reckon we're looking at a 3 team trade - hopefully the Lycett/Talia/Jetta scenario. If Jetta/Freo is more likely, maybe Z.Clarke or Apeness for us?

Would love to get GWS in the mix. Apparently we're dead keen on Nick Haynes.

Any of Lycett/Apeness/Haynes a win for us I reckon, if only Talia and no more than 3rd Round traded out.

I find it hard to see a Swans player that fits us that they are likely to trade.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Can't see Sydney trading picks given academy rules. Reckon we're looking at a 3 team trade - hopefully the Lycett/Talia/Jetta scenario. If Jetta/Freo is more likely, maybe Z.Clarke or Apeness for us?

Would love to get GWS in the mix. Apparently we're dead keen on Nick Haynes.

Any of Lycett/Apeness/Haynes a win for us I reckon, if only Talia and no more than 3rd Round traded out.

I find it hard to see a Swans player that fits us that they are likely to trade.

We need a serious quick player. I don't like Jetta, but I do like Gary Rowan. Or we tell Sydney to go find a good ruckman for us in a multi-team trade.

LostDoggy
21-09-2015, 05:45 PM
We need a serious quick player. I don't like Jetta, but I do like Gary Rowan. Or we tell Sydney to go find a good ruckman for us in a multi-team trade.

I don't like Jetta either. He goes to the 3rd (WA) club. Rowan has been a disappointment for mine, looks a player but doesn't win enough ball and Sydney would ask too much.

Ozza
21-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Gary Rohan can't play - so he's a no for me.

Seriously, other than being fast, Rohan brings nothing to the table and has been an enormous failure in finals, failing to get to double figures in possessions in 6 of 9 finals matches. Then again, when your career average is 10 disposals per game, maybe he hasn't failed by scale!

A huge PASS for me.

chef
21-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Yep, would rather Jetta over Rohan.

lemmon
21-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Agree with Jetta over Rohan. At least Jetta has proven he can play through the middle or on a wing, Rohan is a 24 year old still being babied on forward and back flanks

1eyedog
21-09-2015, 06:09 PM
Is there a way of prising Reid loose?

bulldogtragic
21-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Is there a way of prising Reid loose?

Goodes gone and Buddy unsure, Tippett looking better a ruck. My guess is they need a tall forward now.

Zack Jones would be overs, but I like him.

Greystache
21-09-2015, 06:35 PM
Sydney outbidding all other clubs for a fringe player, what a change. No doubt the AFL will send the tea lady again this year to audit their salary cap :rolleyes:

Sydney don't have many players with value they'll be prepared to trade with. They've thrown huge money at Talia to try to make him force our hand. Dean Towers might be an option but he doesn't excite me greatly.

Sedat
21-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Gary Rohan can't play - so he's a no for me.

Seriously, other than being fast, Rohan brings nothing to the table and has been an enormous failure in finals, failing to get to double figures in possessions in 6 of 9 finals matches. Then again, when your career average is 10 disposals per game, maybe he hasn't failed by scale!

A huge PASS for me.
Plus he spends as much time in rehab with weird and wonderful injuries as Tom Williams did.

If Sydney want Talia for 3 years, it is like a Xmas bonus for us. He is clearly worth plenty now, and another indifferent season with us next year will make him virtually worthless on the trade table in 2016.

I guess if Melksham is worth a 4 year contract anything can happen

GVGjr
21-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Gary Rowan? Pick 15?

They have an academy player and potentially a father son pick to consider. I can't see then giving up a first-round pick

bulldogtragic
21-09-2015, 06:49 PM
They have an academy player and potentially a father son pick to consider. I can't see then giving up a first-round pick

Forgot about that. Then it's a player (I'd love Jones) or Jetta onto a WA club and something we want from them (pace, tall or ruckman) then if they overrate Jetta maybe could land us something big with pick. Darling would be good if we could offer a great deal to get him with them overrating Jetta over Freo.

1eyedog
21-09-2015, 06:50 PM
It's pretty clear they're earmarking a swap with Jetta through WA.

Bulldog4life
21-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Look at what we got for Jones pick 46. He is on a multi year contract too with Carlton on good coin. It isn't what you want but what you eventually get.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Look at what we got for Jones pick 46. He is on a multi year contract too with Carlton on good coin. It isn't what you want but what you eventually get.

Carlton had the threat of the PSD, Sydney won't have a chance at that I reckon. Maybe he could join Skinny, Tutt and Liam over there... :)

GVGjr
21-09-2015, 07:06 PM
It's pretty clear they're earmarking a swap with Jetta through WA.

Correct. I'm not sold on Jetta and can't see why so many are now trying to steer him towards us when in fact his reasons for leaving the Swans is so that he can get home to the West. I'm not sure they have any players I really want. BT mentioned Jones but I don't rate his skills. Perhaps Lloyd or Towers as both played in Ballarat and given our link to the area now it might be a selling point.

comrade
21-09-2015, 07:31 PM
May need to get another club involved to satisfy us. 3 years at $400K is a decent contract and requires a decent trade offer to us.

chef
21-09-2015, 07:35 PM
May need to get another club involved to satisfy us. 3 years at $400K is a decent contract and requires a decent trade offer to us.

Would almost guarentee him getting there through one of the drafts, a lot of money for a very limited player.

1eyedog
21-09-2015, 07:35 PM
Correct. I'm not sold on Jetta and can't see why so many are now trying to steer him towards us when in fact his reasons for leaving the Swans is so that he can get home to the West. I'm not sure they have any players I really want. BT mentioned Jones but I don't rate his skills. Perhaps Lloyd or Towers as both played in Ballarat and given our link to the area now it might be a selling point.

I think the negotiations, at least as far as we are concerned will be between us and Freo or WCE. Who would they be prepared to give up to get Jetta? If we had a preferred destination from Jetta we would be better placed to discuss.

Sydney being so into Talia makes me nervous. You know what they're like developing B grade talent.

Go_Dogs
21-09-2015, 07:39 PM
Interesting development.

If Jetta is heading to WC, I wonder if we can work a trade for Lycett. That would be my preference at first thought, anyway.

ledge
21-09-2015, 07:41 PM
I like Towers, takes a good mark,moves well and a danger floating into The forward line, he is better than Talia so we are in front.

Remi Moses
21-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Lycett's their third ruck, so I don't think I'd be to enthused .
Surprised Sydney re-signed Richards if they're into Talia .

Remi Moses
21-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone heard a rather scandalous rumour that one of our players ,who missed selection divulged our game plan ?

Hope it's just a rumour, but if it's true that player shouldn't let the door hit him on the arse on the way out.

strebla
21-09-2015, 08:11 PM
That is one rumour you would hope was untrue. By posting that on this thread it leaves little to the imagination but surely he was in the mix if we went further so would be shattered if true.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Just wondering if anyone heard a rather scandalous rumour that one of our players ,who missed selection divulged our game plan ?

Hope it's just a rumour, but if it's true that player shouldn't let the door hit him on the arse on the way out.

Divulged to whom and when?

ledge
21-09-2015, 08:17 PM
If a team doesnt know the oppositions game plan by the finals they wouldn't get far they had 23 games to see it.
It's not like ours was a secret and we lost it missing goals and few other mistakes of our own making.
So I wouldn't say Adelaide knowing our game plan was big news, I guarantee we knew theirs.

Remi Moses
21-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Divulged to whom and when?

Adelaide
I'd heard on the weekend on one of the radio outlets

Remi Moses
21-09-2015, 08:23 PM
If a team doesnt know the oppositions game plan by the finals they wouldn't get far they had 23 games to see it.
It's not like ours was a secret and we lost it missing goals and few other mistakes of our own making.
So I wouldn't say Adelaide knowing our game plan was big news, I guarantee we knew theirs.

It's big News if it's a player on our list divulging information

strebla
21-09-2015, 08:24 PM
Didn't stop Eddie Betts getting far too much room in the first quarter Ledge.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2015, 08:30 PM
Adelaide
I'd heard on the weekend on one of the radio outlets

Didn't help them then. We lost that final, they didn't win it. But that's nothing to reward if true.

LostDoggy
21-09-2015, 08:31 PM
Talia is the player the rumours are about.

1eyedog
21-09-2015, 08:33 PM
There would be outrage if this was true. Even if it was Talia talking to his brother.

ledge
21-09-2015, 08:34 PM
Didn't stop Eddie Betts getting far too much room in the first quarter Ledge.

Yeah standing at the back kicking joe the goose on turnovers. If they knew our game plan they were terrible at exploiting it, we lost to our bad kicking and a few skill errors.

bornadog
21-09-2015, 08:35 PM
If true that we have offered Talia a 2 year contract then obviously he is in Bevo's future plans.

It's up to Talia whether he wants to play for the team his grandfather played for and was number one ruck in the 1954 premiership.

The team that is on the up vs the team in decline.

1eyedog
21-09-2015, 08:36 PM

No we would set up a very specific way for Adelaide as we would for all clubs. The game plan is the foundation but there would be significant structural changes based on opposition players and how they set up. If it was leaked prior to the EF that's just $@&%#.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2015, 08:36 PM
There would be outrage if this was true. Even if it was Talia talking to his brother.

The club shouldn't do anything, as it drops his potential trade value I'd clubs think we just want him gone. If it's true and we get a very good offer then we trade him and say something then. Could be just scuttlebutt designed to splinter him and the club.

soupman
21-09-2015, 08:59 PM

And Talia's our third choice key defender, seems like a pretty fair trade really.

Webby
21-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Personally, I'm enthused by the prospect of us trading Talia. I believe he's a player whose trade value exceeds his ability due to nepotism.

Ralf Schumacher
Patrick McEnroe
Michael Talia

Take a trade and run.

How about pick 11, Talia and Hamilton for Dangerfield? (After they match his Geelong offer)??

F'scary
21-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Personally, I'm enthused by the prospect of us trading Talia. I believe he's a player whose trade value exceeds his ability due to nepotism.

Ralf Schumacher
Patrick McEnroe
Michael Talia

Take a trade and run.

How about pick 11, Talia and Hamilton for Dangerfield? (After they match his Geelong offer)??

Jarman-Hamilton, if you don't mind.

LostDoggy
21-09-2015, 09:21 PM
Surprised Sydney re-signed Richards if they're into Talia .

Sinclair is playing 2nd ruck at WCE because he can spend the bulk of game time as a forward.

Lycett is a 204/104 1st Ruck monster who doesn't have a role alongside NicNat.

To get an idea of what he could offer, look at his 21 poss, 39 hit out, 7 tackle effort as first Ruck against Hawthorn when NicNat was out.

He is 22, years from his prime as a Ruck and has 4 years of AFL development with Cox and NN.

He would be a super addition to our list if we could get him.

Doc26
21-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Sinclair is playing 2nd ruck at WCE because he can spend the bulk of game time as a forward.

Lycett is a 204/104 1st Ruck monster who doesn't have a role alongside NicNat.

To get an idea of what he could offer, look at his 21 poss, 39 hit out, 7 tackle effort as first Ruck against Hawthorn when NicNat was out.

He is 22, years from his prime as a Ruck and has 4 years of AFL development with Cox and NN.

He would be a super addition to our list if we could get him.

He was certainly rated by them at the end of last season signing on for a lucrative 4 year deal. It would be a risky move by WCE to move him on given Naitanui's injury history.

LostDoggy
21-09-2015, 10:00 PM
He was certainly rated by them at the end of last season signing on for a lucrative 4 year deal. It would be a risky move by WCE to move him on given Naitanui's injury history.

I agree. Odds are against it.

On the other and, they look like getting Jetta and are going to have to make some hard decisions.

With Sinclair already there as back up, he just may be the one they decide is expendable.

Webby
21-09-2015, 10:20 PM

Surely if he's effectively an over-paid third stringer, WCE would be more likely to want to trade him out in order to make room for a first 22 player like Jetta?

Doc26
21-09-2015, 10:37 PM
Surely if he's effectively an over-paid third stringer, WCE would be more likely to want to trade him out in order to make room for a first 22 player like Jetta?

12 months on may have changed WCE's thinking but this time last year his currency was not being viewed as on over-paid third stringer. At the time Port were touted to be heavily into him, Naitanui continued to have question marks on his durability, he looked to break out in the latter half of the season and Sinclair was stuck in the WAFL (like Lycett now).

The Bulldogs Bite
22-09-2015, 02:12 AM
400K and 3 years? Talia would be mad not to take it and we'd be mad not to encourage him to take it.

I'd be confident of finding a state league key defender or delisted free agent (ie. Hamling) who could offer as much or more than Talia. Not sure what Sydney have to offer in terms of players/picks - perhaps a third club would need to be involved.

Jones looked OK from the little I saw of him. Would a Jones & 2nd/3rd round pick suffice?

Remi Moses
22-09-2015, 03:17 AM
And Talia's our third choice key defender, seems like a pretty fair trade really.

I thought we'd be looking at a mature ruckman, and Lycett matches up with Campbell in regards to age demographic .
Interesting times

soupman
22-09-2015, 08:27 AM
I thought we'd be looking at a mature ruckman, and Lycett matches up with Campbell in regards to age demographic .
Interesting times

Fair enough, although the three most realistic targets, Kreuzer, Leuenberger and Martin aren't exactly standouts due to injury, injury, and a combo of age and whether he wants to return to Melbourne.

Someone like Lycett could be riskier, but potentially a better pay off for a cheaper price.

Mofra
22-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Not this year - but if give them Talia and our second rounder (they need the points under the bidding system) surely they'd consider it for their first rounder next year?
I don't think they have any highly rated academy kids for next year.

LostDoggy
22-09-2015, 11:25 AM
It's hardly suprsing the Swans are into Talia. Grundy is just about cooked as is Richards. Both probably have 1 more year in them.

LostDoggy
22-09-2015, 11:36 AM
400K and 3 years? Talia would be mad not to take it and we'd be mad not to encourage him to take it.

I'd be confident of finding a state league key defender or delisted free agent (ie. Hamling) who could offer as much or more than Talia. Not sure what Sydney have to offer in terms of players/picks - perhaps a third club would need to be involved.

Jones looked OK from the little I saw of him. Would a Jones & 2nd/3rd round pick suffice?

May end up more than that. Adelaide v.keen and cashed up with Danger leaving. Either way think Talia will get overs and we'll do ok.

bulldogtragic
22-09-2015, 12:43 PM
May end up more than that. Adelaide v.keen and cashed up with Danger leaving. Either way think Talia will get overs and we'll do ok.

I'd love that bidding war as both have the ability to stupid bid each other. Adelaide can keep pick 13 and give us 14 for Talia and pick 50. And they've got $400,000 still spare to get a keep Lynch and others. It's a long shot, but those two clubs in a bidding war could be huge for us. HUGE.

hujsh
22-09-2015, 03:00 PM
A pick next year may work well for us if we're struggling to find people to move on this year. It's likely two of Bob Boyd and Morris will retire next year freeing up a couple spots on the list

Rocco Jones
22-09-2015, 03:55 PM
A pick next year may work well for us if we're struggling to find people to move on this year. It's likely two of Bob Boyd and Morris will retire next year freeing up a couple spots on the list

Hard to guess when a player is going to retire. Bob will be an AA selection and Boyd is a very strong chance. Along with Morris, they are invaluable to our young backline. Our two main key defenders have what? 30 games between them? JJ and Biggs not too many more. Wood has had his breakout year. I think we need our veterans not only for the short term but also to help develop our kids.

They have the right coach looking after them too. Resting/rotating them throughout the season. Don't know about you but I am pretty cool with having AA quality players for 18 games a year.

Re-reading it, might give off the impression I'm having a go at you. Totally not. Just think they are looking pretty good at the moment.

Ozza
22-09-2015, 05:10 PM
I'd be very surprised if Boyd and Morris played on past next year. Bob would almost certainly have 2 left - and even then, injury free - he may have further.

I would never want to underestimate Dale Morris - but to me, he seems the closest to the cliff, and it could happen anytime next year. Boyd, I suspect, will get 15 or so games out of himself playing 2 out of every 3 with some management.

soupman
22-09-2015, 05:20 PM
I'd be very surprised if Boyd and Morris played on past next year. Bob would almost certainly have 2 left - and even then, injury free - he may have further.

I would never want to underestimate Dale Morris - but to me, he seems the closest to the cliff, and it could happen anytime next year. Boyd, I suspect, will get 15 or so games out of himself playing 2 out of every 3 with some management.

I swear I wrote this exact same post a year ago.

Rocco Jones
22-09-2015, 06:28 PM

I swear I wrote this exact same post a year ago.

I wanted Boyd to go with Griff and Cooney. I get he is older but I think there's a bit of a gap between All-Australian notation/selection and being past it.

Morris I agree looks like he can finish soonest. The thing is he may also last the longest. When he is gone, we will know it. At the moment he is massive for our team. He can play small-tall which really helps our inexperienced team.

ratsmac
22-09-2015, 06:32 PM
I wanted Boyd to go with Griff and Cooney. I get he is older but I think there's a bit of a gap between All-Australian notation/selection and being past it.

Morris I agree looks like he can finish soonest. The thing is he may also last the longest. When he is gone, we will know it. At the moment he is massive for our team. He can play small-tall which really helps our inexperienced team.

Can we please not talk about Morris retiring.... It upsets me

The Bulldogs Bite
22-09-2015, 06:42 PM

Not sure about this.

When we missed Morris for a chunk of the season we were fine. He had a relatively good season when he came back, although he was beaten v Adelaide.

As good as Morris has been, he's not what he used to be. We'll be OK when he retires, it's finding a genuine CHB/FB that concerns me.

Greystache
22-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Not sure about this.

When we missed Morris for a chunk of the season we were fine. He had a relatively good season when he came back, although he was beaten v Adelaide.

As good as Morris has been, he's not what he used to be. We'll be OK when he retires, it's finding a genuine CHB/FB that concerns me.

I still have concerns about our lack of a lockdown small defender. Morris has been covering up this hole somewhat, but seeing Eddie Betts get hold of us in the elim final highlighted it again. We have a lot of good small rebounding defenders, but none that I'd say a strong defensively.

bulldogtragic
22-09-2015, 06:46 PM
I still have concerns about our lack of a lockdown small defender. Morris has been covering up this hole somewhat, but seeing Eddie Betts get hold of us in the elim final highlighted it again. We have a lot of good small rebounding defenders, but none that I'd say a strong defensively.

Thoughts Honeychurch could do this?

The Bulldogs Bite
22-09-2015, 06:48 PM

Yep - agree and was thinking this after the Brisbane game.

One thing I'd say is that it is typically easier to find lockdown small defenders than it is to find flashy rebounders or KPDs. Be it from a state league or through the draft, I think we can address this soon enough.

Greystache
22-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Thoughts Honeychurch could do this?

No chance for me. He's competitive but not overly quick or agile, and is very short. I think he'd get badly exposed.

I'm of the view you need to be a bit taller than the small forward you're playing on to give you the extra reach to spoil on the lead and in the air. 185-190cm with elite speed and agility. Basically what Morris was. Wood is a better chance but I don't think he has the agility or smarts for the job. He's more a bull at the gate type.

Greystache
22-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Yep - agree and was thinking this after the Brisbane game.

One thing I'd say is that it is typically easier to find lockdown small defenders than it is to find flashy rebounders or KPDs. Be it from a state league or through the draft, I think we can address this soon enough.

I wish we would, I've been concerned about it for 3 years and we're no closer to finding that player. I'm not so convinced it's easy to find one, although Essendon did get two from Frankston alone.

bulldogtragic
22-09-2015, 06:54 PM
No chance for me. He's competitive but not overly quick or agile, and is very short. I think he'd get badly exposed.

I'm of the view you need to be a bit taller than the small forward you're playing on to give you the extra reach to spoil on the lead and in the air. 185-190cm with elite speed and agility. Basically what Morris was. Wood is a better chance but I don't think he has the agility or smarts for the job. He's more a bull at the gate type.

Bailey Dale (Morris) for the job?

Rocco Jones
22-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Not sure about this.

Yep, sorry I probably misrepresented my view. Not saying he is a gun now, more that he fills annoying roles, allows us to play kids in roles that suit them rather than roles they have to play for the team if that makes sense. Dale takes what's left over.

LostDoggy
22-09-2015, 07:35 PM
Apparently MT has been photographed at the Crows mad Monday yesterday. Adds weight to the earlier rumours. Wonder what they are offering?

bulldogtragic
22-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Apparently MT has been photographed at the Crows mad Monday yesterday. Adds weight to the earlier rumours. Wonder what they are offering?

Dangerfield compo 14. I'd threaten Carlton in the PSD on them both. If we have to give them 50 of something then so be it. Pick 11, 14 and 30 is another bounty for Macca and Dalrymple.

LostDoggy
22-09-2015, 08:12 PM
More weight:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/western-bulldogs-bring-in-afl-to-investigate-leak-to-adelaide-crows-20150922-gjsmi7.html

Greystache
22-09-2015, 08:18 PM
If Talia really wanted to help Adelaide win his best option would've been to ensure he was selected to play for us. I guess spying is the second worst thing he could do.

Dancin' Douggy
22-09-2015, 08:37 PM
More weight:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/western-bulldogs-bring-in-afl-to-investigate-leak-to-adelaide-crows-20150922-gjsmi7.html

Shit. That's heavy.

Doc26
22-09-2015, 08:47 PM
An understatement certainly but it's fair to assume we are no longer one of Talia's available options. More importantly hopefully this investigation does no harm to our trading return for him.

bulldogtragic
22-09-2015, 08:51 PM
An understatement certainly but it's fair to assume we are no longer one of Talia's available options. More importantly hopefully this investigation does no harm to our trading return for him.

Good point, he's gone and no longer a dogs player. I don't boo ex players, but he will test me.

The Underdog
22-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Good point, he's gone and no longer a dogs player. I don't boo ex players, but he will test me.

You might have to visit the SANFL to get your shots in.
I have to say, if he is guilty of this then he's a total dickhead.

Dry Rot
22-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Shit. That's heavy.

Appalling if true.

Dry Rot

Bet this has killed off the Swans interest.

Raw Toast
This is quite upsetting. I know the club are saying publicly that it didn't have a material effect on the game, but I imagine there are a number of aspects to game-day planning and information that are pretty sensitive, and thinking back to the game, they got off the chain a few times in the first quarter especially - I'd hate for that to have been in part because they were able to set up some counter-tactics because they knew something specific about our particular intentions for the match...

The Pie Man
22-09-2015, 09:25 PM
What a douchebag

Who would want him now? Would be happy with a few water bottles in exchange at this point

bulldogtragic
22-09-2015, 09:30 PM
This is quite upsetting. I know the club are saying publicly that it didn't have a material effect on the game, but I imagine there are a number of aspects to game-day planning and information that are pretty sensitive, and thinking back to the game, they got off the chain a few times in the first quarter especially - I'd hate for that to have been in part because they were able to set up some counter-tactics because they knew something specific about our particular intentions for the match...

Gerard Whately asked Bob tonight, or rather asserted that this had no impact on the result. Bob didn't agree with the assertion. That's our captain thinking it too. Originally the other day I ignored it, but it's grinding my gears now. We can't reward he and Aadelaide by facilitating a cheap trade, I'd rather nothing and him getting smashed at Carlton indefinitely.

SonofScray
22-09-2015, 09:44 PM

Saying that publicly is just a PR exercise defending against the culture of victim blaming. And maybe a little bit of Aussie machismo that says you shouldn't speak up, or assert an opinion, because people that do that are wankers. The backlash towards ASADA is a loose example.

Professional sport is all about the margins, your competitive advantage exists in those small gaps and they've potentially been handed information allowing them to exploit things that they otherwise would not have had any certainty over.

If true, this is pretty treacherous stuff.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
22-09-2015, 09:50 PM
The 2015 edition of Shocktober this is going to be in all the papers tomorrow.

stefoid
22-09-2015, 09:51 PM

But we play a zone defence now, so versatility is at a premium. PLayers guard space and 'handover' when an opposition player runs from zone to zone - they dont follow him. Overall, an army of tallish, athletic defenders who can make a decent fist of defending whatever sized player they find themselves opposed to is what we need. That describes Morris, Hamling, Deuce and Wood.

I guess the one 'gorilla minder' you probably do need just patrols the corridor?

Remi Moses
22-09-2015, 09:51 PM
What a douchebag

Who would want him now? Would be happy with a few water bottles in exchange at this point

Wouldn't want any water coming from Adelaide ;)
Pretty pathetic from Michael, and how childish and petulant is he.
Might have just kissed his league career goodbye .

ledge
22-09-2015, 10:16 PM
But it's also points to the crows being undermining too if they used the information, knowing that its not right.
Who's worse ? Talia or the Crows ?

1eyedog
22-09-2015, 10:44 PM
His grandad must be absolutely gutted.

Throughandthrough
22-09-2015, 10:46 PM
I wonder how it leaked out? Someone had two many orange juices on mad Monday?

azabob
22-09-2015, 10:50 PM
I wonder how it leaked out? Someone had two many orange juices on mad Monday?

I read it happened after Kyle Cheany and Ben Stratton talked after their game friday night and Stratton told Beveridge.

bulldogtragic
22-09-2015, 10:58 PM
I read it happened after Kyle Cheany and Ben Stratton talked after their game friday night and Stratton told Beveridge.

Imagine being within 50m of Bevo when he was told... I'd imagine he'd be as angry as hell.

The Bulldogs Bite
22-09-2015, 11:14 PM
Not only can he not play, he's also an absolute moron.

I just hope Adelaide or Sydney are silly enough to cough up something decent for him.

bornadog
22-09-2015, 11:27 PM
What a douchebag

His Brother is just as bad taking the information and feeding to club.

bulldogtragic
22-09-2015, 11:30 PM
His Brother is just as bad taking the information and feeding to club.

I wonder if someone or anyone linked to the Talias had money on Adelaide. If so, my advice is simple... Wear a nice suit, have a good lawyer and pack your toothbrush.

1eyedog
22-09-2015, 11:35 PM
I'm spewing about this. I mean, 61 years since our last Premiership, we enter the finals race and a current player who barracked for the Dogs as a kid, Grandad played for us and he knifes us in the back to one of our most hated foes who are not even a real football club. I'm disgusted. I wouldn't trade him I'd parade him in irons down Barkley Street.

bornadog
22-09-2015, 11:43 PM
I'm spewing about this. I mean, 61 years since our last Premiership, we enter the finals race and a current player who barracked for the Dogs as a kid, Grandad played for us and he knifes us in the back to one of our most hated foes who are not even a real football club. I'm disgusted. I wouldn't trade him I'd parade him in irons down Barkley Street.

Grandad was our number one ruck in 1954.

hujsh
22-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Hard to guess when a player is going to retire. Bob will be an AA selection and Boyd is a very strong chance. Along with Morris, they are invaluable to our young backline. Our two main key defenders have what? 30 games between them? JJ and Biggs not too many more. Wood has had his breakout year. I think we need our veterans not only for the short term but also to help develop our kids.

They have the right coach looking after them too. Resting/rotating them throughout the season. Don't know about you but I am pretty cool with having AA quality players for 18 games a year.

Re-reading it, might give off the impression I'm having a go at you. Totally not. Just think they are looking pretty good at the moment.
No worries I had similar a thought after posting the where most of us would have thought this was Boyd and Morris' last year pre-season.

And your points are all valid but 2 of those players will be 34 next year. The drop off may not come next year but as we saw with Westy and maybe Johnno it can come on fast and strong

Dry Rot
22-09-2015, 11:48 PM

How mobile is he these days? Could he back up again in 2016?

hujsh
22-09-2015, 11:53 PM
Talia should be banned, Crows punished and us compensated. He should not be allowed to play AFL again.

Webby
23-09-2015, 12:00 AM
I feel sorry for his grandfather, Harvey if this is true..

I stress, if true, what a stupid, stupid, petty little man! To think my hard earned money paid this bloke's wages.. What a grub.

F'scary
23-09-2015, 12:13 AM

The statement by the Bulldogs' CEO (see Club's official website) says they became aware of the allegations on Monday, 14 September. The Crows/Hawks match was played 4 days later, Friday 18 September.

I think that we have to hold judgement. It may be that our Talia had a case of loose lips on a couple of points as opposed to maliciously leaking chosen details. We have not been told exactly what was leaked. The Crows have said their coaching staff were not aware of the information before the match.

josie
23-09-2015, 12:14 AM
How very, very sad on so many fronts. Will await outcome of investigation and hope the AFL are really thorough. I fear we will be worse off trade wise through no fault of our own. There are so many angles to this, I am just stunned.

On a night we should be celebrating Captain Murph, Woody and Stringer as AA's...

1eyedog
23-09-2015, 12:16 AM
The statement by the Bulldogs' CEO (see Club's official website) says they became aware of the allegations on Monday, 14 September. The Crows/Hawks match was played 4 days later, Friday 18 September.

I think that we have to hold judgement. It may be that our Talia had a case of loose lips on a couple of points as opposed to maliciously leaking chosen details. We have not been told exactly what was leaked. The Crows have said their coaching staff were not aware of the information before the match.

And Chopper Reid said he never killed anyone that didn't deserve it. Doesn't mean it's true what response did you expect out of Adelaide?

GVGjr
23-09-2015, 12:16 AM

I think that we have to hold judgement. It may be that our Talia had a case of loose lips on a couple of points as opposed to maliciously leaking chosen details. We have not been told exactly what was leaked.

Points well made. There are inconsistencies in what is being reported and for me it comes down to intent.

Dry Rot
23-09-2015, 12:22 AM
It may be that our Talia had a case of loose lips on a couple of points as opposed to maliciously leaking chosen details. We have not been told exactly what was leaked.

Seems the opposite. Have read that it was quite detailed game day plans. Crows mysteriously reading our moves.

That's how the club figured it out.

Appalling behaviour.

F'scary
23-09-2015, 12:22 AM
And Chopper Reid said he never killed anyone that didn't deserve it. Doesn't mean it's true what response did you expect out of Adelaide?

Fair enough. They would prima facie have motivation to deny the allegations even if they were true.

Bulldog4life
23-09-2015, 12:23 AM
Seems the opposite. Have read that it was quite detailed game day plans. Crows mysteriously reading our moves.

That's how the club figured it out.

Appalling behaviour.

Agree. Could have even helped Eddie get off his chain....who knows?

1eyedog
23-09-2015, 12:24 AM
My word they would. At worst they will scapegoat one person and deny everything else. As you say though there is so much we don't know.

bulldogtragic
23-09-2015, 12:40 AM
It's prelim final week. We would've guessed the three All Australians tonight. Yet we made a public statement. Perhaps the club thought this was very serious?

We would've had to factor in the impact on Talia the person and player, but also on our players. Perhaps the club thought this was very serious. This most certainly ends our relationship with him. Again, the club might have thought and known that ending this relationship was because it was very serious. The club would've weighed up fractures in our playing group if his team mates thought we'd hung him out to dry. I guess the club thought it was very serious and could produce evidence to any upset players.

There's rumours abound about potential new sponsors, yet we put out a public statement that will deflect a fair bit of positive press. Perhaps the club thought this was very serious.

The club conducted an investigation, overseen by the President who is a legal genius based on his ability to win major class actions. The club decided after this to make a voluntary report of a listed player and not use its powers to fine players. Perhaps not fining him for an low level accident or mistake shows the club thought this was serious.

We would've worked out the trade value of what would've been a good pick or player trade would diminish to possibly nothing and that relations with a powerful AFL club would end in the gutter for the time being. Perhaps the club thought this was serious.

Surely the clubs leaders would have weighed all these risks against the likelihood of a finding of guilt. Obviously all these negatives for something that could not be established would make it a dumb thing to do. Perhaps the club is confident that it's serious and confident that the media backlash and flow on problems are worth pursuing this.

I'm backing our club & our clubs leaders 100%.

If you change clubs and people to Pakistan cricket - sensitive info was handed on or was passed on by a player of one team to an opposition team. The opposition team in receipt of the sensitive info narrowly won. People betting who may have known about it and received money or betting agencies fluctuations may be in big trouble. Frankly, I don't see how this doesn't get bumped to both state police forces as a matter of routine like David Kings matter did.

FrediKanoute
23-09-2015, 01:17 AM
But it's also points to the crows being undermining too if they used the information, knowing that its not right.

Talia (if true) without a doubt. Look its competitive sport. If information comes into your hands re a game plan.....

Talia (or the culprit who leaked the information), has no excuse. At the very least its a breach of confidentiality, at worst its theft of intellectual property.

He is a very silly boy if this is true.

BulldogBelle
23-09-2015, 01:24 AM
Talia (if true) without a doubt. Look its competitive sport. If information comes into your hands re a game plan.....

Talia (or the culprit who leaked the information), has no excuse. At the very least its a breach of confidentiality, at worst its theft of intellectual property.

He is a very silly boy if this is true.

Was there was a mini betting plunge on Adelaide.

If a substantial leak is true the bookies will be fuming, could have cost them millions.

We should be fuming, could have cost us a premiership and much more.

LostDoggy
23-09-2015, 07:23 AM

Both. The decent and honest thing to do would be report that the information had come to you, before the match. Naïve? Perhaps. But many of us stood at Fed Square and listened to our passionate and fierce President, who finished his speech by imploring his Bulldogs mob to spare a thought for a team that lost its coach and deserved our respect and sportsmanship, cut-throat final or not.

And all the while the bastards were reading our mail?!

One more reason to hate them just got chalked up on a very old chalkboard.

Wow. Kyle Cheney has actually done something useful on a footy field?

Seriously, if true, how did this come up? Why would he tell Stratton unless it was significant in their victory? I somewhat doubt this is true but if so, proves it made the difference.

I just hope Adelaide or Sydney are silly enough to cough up something decent for him.

I don't care if we get pick 146. Some things are more important.

And a hell of a nice guy. Shattered for him.

Mantis
23-09-2015, 07:35 AM

If the allegations are proved to be correct he needs to be sacked.

In no way should we help him get to his club of choice.. Some things are more important than a draft pick.

Go_Dogs
23-09-2015, 08:26 AM

In no way should we help him get to his club of choice.. Some things are more important than a draft pick.

Agreed.

Let's wait and see what comes of it.

bornadog
23-09-2015, 09:36 AM

If true what club would trust him or his brother - unless its Adelaide who didn't report this.

Ghost Dog
23-09-2015, 09:51 AM
Not like he's setting the world on fire down there anyway. Looks lost half the time.
Bet he goes to another club and becomes AA just to spite us. Probably Crows just to rub salt into the wound!

Greystache
23-09-2015, 10:03 AM
I'd still trust him with a secret before I'd trust him with a competent key forward!

Ozza
23-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Shame that this will kill what was looking like reasonable trade value.

Whether it is proved to be better or worse than intimated so far, Talia's reputation will be stained and value diminished.

soupman
23-09-2015, 10:11 AM
On the plus side Talia is one of the few players on our list I'm happy to lose, although obviously the more we get for him the better. At least it isn't someone we actually need to keep.

Mofra
23-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Not like he's setting the world on fire down there anyway. Looks lost half the time.
Bet he goes to another club and becomes AA just to spite us. Probably Crows just to rub salt into the wound!
Nope I don't reckon he will - our history of almost always drafting the "dud brother" strikes once again.

The list is long. I'm convinced Dalrymple has to rule a line through every potential draftee that has a brother playing AFL. The only way we ever beat the curse is to take both brothers

1eyedog
23-09-2015, 10:45 AM

Yep our freakin only premiership ruckman!

1eyedog
23-09-2015, 10:46 AM
On the plus side Talia is one of the few players on our list I'm happy to lose, although obviously the more we get for him the better. At least it isn't someone we actually need to keep.

I'm not I'm gutted because I reckon he'll go and be a great player. Looked after Tex and Riewoldt earlier this year Rising Star nom in 2013. He's got it.

Hot_Doggies
23-09-2015, 11:08 AM
I'm not I'm gutted because I reckon he'll go and be a great player. Looked after Tex and Riewoldt earlier this year Rising Star nom in 2013. He's got it.

A great player?

Unlikely. Maybe a solid AFL player at best.

1eyedog
23-09-2015, 11:21 AM
A great player?

Unlikely. Maybe a solid AFL player at best.

We'll see.

Greystache
23-09-2015, 11:37 AM

I've never seen a key position player who's poorer at reading the ball in flight. Seeing that great forward talent in Kyle Hardingham give him the run around in the VFL finals only compounded that view.

I think he'll waste 2 years of another clubs time before being cut.

Rocco Jones
23-09-2015, 11:41 AM
I've never seen a key position player who's poorer at reading the ball in flight. Seeing that great forward talent in Kyle Hardingham give him the run around in the VFL finals only compounded that view.

Was his mind on the job?

Regardless of how good/crap he is, I am with Mantis. If it takes for forfitting our compensation to sack him/due justice from the AFL to occur, than that's the greater good.

soupman
23-09-2015, 11:44 AM

Cameron Wight had me very optimistic for a while too.

Dancin' Douggy
23-09-2015, 11:46 AM
I still can't see what the club stands to gain out of this.

Ultimately we want what's best for the club long term.

All we're doing is decreasing his value in the market.

If Adelaide were keen to trade him in.......we should have just got the best return we could for him.

And THEN..........if we really wanted to, have some investigation or whatever.

I hope there's some end game here that the club has thought through.

Rocco Jones
23-09-2015, 11:49 AM

If Adelaide were keen to trade him in.......we should have just got the best return we could for him.

Integrity of the club. If it's true, what he has done is the ultimate betray from a player.

bornadog
23-09-2015, 11:59 AM

You can't just ignore something like this, this is the ultimate betrayal of a club, it is telling the enemy your plans, it is low, it is untrustworthy and if proven correct - a sackable offence.

The club had to make a stand on this, no one deserves to play for us if this is what they are going to do.

What is the motive behind this, that is what is intriguing?

Ghost Dog
23-09-2015, 12:05 PM
Does Tim Watson commentate on news other than what comes out of Windy hill? hmm there you go.

1eyedog
23-09-2015, 12:06 PM

I know and I agree but the job he did on Tex this year was very good. His best and worst is poles apart.

Cameron Wight had me very optimistic for a while too.

That's a good point.

G-Mo77
23-09-2015, 01:06 PM

Pretty much sums up how I feel as well. Forget trying to get a good deal. Cut the cancer out right now. Stuff like this can really fracture a team.

bornadog
23-09-2015, 01:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPjRYzHUEAIFWhI.jpg

bulldogtragic
23-09-2015, 01:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPjRYzHUEAIFWhI.jpg

Why did they waste their breath? That's a naff comment.

Rocco Jones
23-09-2015, 01:26 PM

Process.

Happy Days
23-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Process.

The Process And Doing Things The Right Way™

Greystache
23-09-2015, 01:32 PM

And in other breaking news Victorian Police have investigated faulty radar speed detectors and have decided the issued fines are still valid, and Metro trains have investigated inappropriate fair evasion tickets issued by inspectors and have decided the fines are still valid.

James Hird has also completed his due diligence on the Essendon doping scandal and has concluded it's everyone else's fault.

Extracts of the process have been released;

AFLPA- You do it?

M Talia- Nup

D Talia- Nah

AFLPA- Good enough. Case closed. Now let's get back to trying to get more money.

azabob
23-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Does Tim Watson commentate on news other than what comes out of Windy hill? hmm there you go.

What did Tim Watson say?

bornadog
23-09-2015, 01:43 PM
What did Tim Watson say?

see here http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?15072-Western-Bulldogs-bring-in-AFL-to-investigate-leak-to-Adelaide-Crows/page4

hujsh
23-09-2015, 03:41 PM

Keep in mind that if we completed a trade and then went to the integrity unit it may cause clubs to think twice about trading with us in good faith. We don't need to be a pariah like Essendon because Talia is Hebrew for 'moronic dickhead'

(apologies in advance to the Bulldogs great who shares their name for that barb)

KT31
24-09-2015, 11:10 PM
Talia to leave Dog's.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-24/talia-to-leave-dogs-after-being-left-hanging-over-leak-investigation

bulldogtragic
24-09-2015, 11:23 PM
Good bye.

Talia and 30 for Carlisle.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Good.

He can't play. The trick is to fool another club into thinking that he can. A second round pick in return would be a great outcome.

Greystache
25-09-2015, 12:08 AM
He turned up for his end of season exit interview and was told to leave the premises.

bornadog
25-09-2015, 12:14 AM
see here http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?15072-Western-Bulldogs-bring-in-AFL-to-investigate-leak-to-Adelaide-Crows/page4

Typical stupid reporting. On the one hand it reports the boys won't say anything because of the investigation and on the other hand it says Beveride wont respond and speak to Talia. Well hello I thought there was an investigation.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2015, 12:17 AM
Typical stupid reporting. On the one hand it reports the boys won't say anything because of the investigation and on the other hand it says Beveride wont respond and speak to Talia. Well hello I thought there was an investigation.

Wouldn't the CEO, President and/or Slater n Gordon do the investigation since Bevo is a witness in the matter?

bulldogtragic
25-09-2015, 12:19 AM
He turned up for his end of season exit interview and was told to leave the premises.

The Akermanis Alleyway of Shame. That's probably for his own good if anyone at the club felt the personal sense of utter betrayal we all feel (ie everyone).

bornadog
25-09-2015, 12:23 AM
Wouldn't the CEO, President and/or Slater n Gordon do the investigation since Bevo is a witness in the matter?

The AFL integrity investigation

bulldogtragic
25-09-2015, 12:27 AM
The AFL integrity investigation

Ok, but sidebar... In future editions on the Oxford dictionary, it will read 'oxymoron: defined as... Example, AFL integrity'.

1eyedog
25-09-2015, 12:36 AM
Oh Liam . Thanks for all your work with the Boyd trade but really? Poor Michael has to leave the club because Bevo won't speak to him? Michael has to leave the club because he betrayed all that it stands for and he got caught doing it.

Remi Moses
25-09-2015, 01:25 AM
Dear Liam, your client lacks integrity and has conducted himself in a childish manner.
Clearly the organisation that employs your client feels the need for an investigation .

Is Pickering questioning Ben Stratton ? Clearly Stratton felt the need to inform his former coach!!
Why don't the Talia brothers come out and make a statement,instead of hiding behind the p/a

Ghost Dog
25-09-2015, 01:48 AM
Chinese whispers are very dangerous in a workplace. I hope the club is handling this correctly.
This could be a Hawthorn conspiracy!

LostDoggy
25-09-2015, 02:14 AM
Chinese whispers are very dangerous in a workplace. I hope the club is handling this correctly.

The club were investigating this matter for days before the Hawthorn players comments came into play. They haven't gone to the AFL integrity unit lightly, this is not a frivolous matter.

LostDoggy
25-09-2015, 02:20 AM
Dear Liam, your client lacks integrity and has conducted himself in a childish manner.
Clearly the organisation that employs your client feels the need for an investigation .

Is Pickering questioning Ben Stratton ? Clearly Stratton felt the need to inform his former coach!!
Why don't the Talia brothers come out and make a statement,instead of hiding behind the p/a

Pickerings paid job is to protect his clients best interests. He will say and do anything to portray MT as the wronged party leaving with his head held high. I hope he succeeds, we may still salvage a half decent trade for Talia.

Ultimately, the truth will stand.

Remi Moses
25-09-2015, 03:14 AM
The club were investigating this matter for days before the Hawthorn players comments came into play. They haven't gone to the AFL integrity unit lightly, this is not a frivolous matter.

Agree entirely, the issue is being trivialised by the likes of Watson and co., but you'd be sure the club just didn't go off on a whim.
On a side note what cheek has the great Hird defender Watson got? Stick to going into bat for your mates Watson

1eyedog
25-09-2015, 09:26 AM

Gordon would be all over it mate.

Rocket Science
25-09-2015, 10:26 AM

Wow. That's that then.

http://i.imgur.com/9QjAzDt.png

"Michael Talia sleeps with the fishes."

whythelongface
25-09-2015, 12:42 PM

Not that I am doubting you but is this for real, as in wow this is serious stuff. Papers basically stamped never to return to WO.

Big call but if he has lost the trust of the playing and coaching group well then there is no point in returning.

bulldogsthru&thru
25-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Not that I am doubting you but is this for real, as in wow this is serious stuff. Papers basically stamped never to return to WO.

Big call but if he has lost the trust of the playing and coaching group well then there is no point in returning.

When was this end of season review? Because Talia has been in Bali when all this has been unfolding - and in Bali with some of his teammates.

FWIW - has Talia's name ever been brought up in any release from the Dogs? As far as i can tell its the media putting his name out there.

bornadog
25-09-2015, 01:08 PM
When was this end of season review? Because Talia has been in Bali when all this has been unfolding - and in Bali with some of his teammates.

FWIW - has Talia's name ever been brought up in any release from the Dogs? As far as i can tell its the media putting his name out there.

End of season reviews were last week sometime between, Monday to Wednesday and then the players were off.

F'scary
25-09-2015, 01:16 PM

He'll have time now to chew it over a few milkshakes.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2015, 01:28 PM

The AFLPA said the issue was between two brothers, one with Adeliade and one with the dogs.

1eyedog
25-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Wow. That's that then.

http://i.imgur.com/9QjAzDt.png

"Michael Talia sleeps with the fishes."

Your best yet - thanks.

1eyedog
25-09-2015, 01:49 PM
For all the flak he is now going to cop over the remainder of his footy career I honestly hope he retires from the AFL. We can then cry foul and request a priority pick ;)

Dry Rot
25-09-2015, 03:46 PM
Can anyone honestly see any other team than the Crows taking him now?

First, he boned us giving away match day info, and now his trade value is almost zero.

1eyedog
25-09-2015, 04:00 PM
I think the Cows will drop him like a bag of spuds. Would you trust him with sensitive match day info?

LostDoggy
25-09-2015, 04:11 PM
I think the Cows will drop him like a bag of spuds. Would you trust him with sensitive match day info?

Depends on the circumstances behind the transfer of information (there is so much we don't know). He was linked to the Crows a long time before this. If they turn their backs on him as a result of this becoming public, it could be very messy internally.

bornadog
25-09-2015, 04:13 PM
Stevo's Sting: What's next for Michael Talia? (https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/a/29636875/stevos-sting-whats-next-for-michael-talia/)

You have to feel for Harvey Stevens.

There are no winners in the "Ta-ta Talia" story, but the 85-year-old Bulldogs premiership hero must be broken hearted.

Perhaps he's the biggest loser of all.

Stevens played ruck in the '54 flag and is the grandfather of Michael and Daniel Talia.

Michael was given Stevens' No.32 and the pair spoke gleefully and posed for photos in the days after the young defender was drafted to the kennel.

"I have been following [the Dogs] since my early days," Stevens said at the time.

"I used to live in one of those houses right across the road from the ground (Whitten Oval). There's a lot of tradition."

That tradition at the Dogs hasn't been tarnished in recent days. It's been shredded.

Well known Bulldog fan Tony Leonard has more chance of playing for his beloved club next year than Michael Talia.

By now you've heard the accusations that Talia leaked info to his Crows brother in the lead up to the elimination final.

The Dogs have remained silent publicly. But this has been viewed as betrayal by some within.

It's a strong word betrayal, but it's been used.

Rest assured, the club and coach Luke Beverdige have been cut deeply. He is a loyal, passionate and at times emotional man, Beveridge, and it is no surprise he has refused to answer Talia's calls.

The Talias say it was just a brotherly chat. The AFL Players' Association were quick to dismiss it. The Crows say there's nothing in it, predictably declaring they didn't use any info anyway.

But there is genuine at the Dogs. Fury doesn't come without good reason. They must be convinced by the evidence at hand.

Ben Stratton, via Kyle Cheney, must have told his old Hawthorn mate Beveridge something alarming.

There's talk about detail of a tagging role for Tory Dickson and tactics involving Jake Stringer being revealed, but for now, as the integrity department of the AFL goes to work, there is no official explanation about why the Dogs are barking mad.

It's an interesting one for the integrity department. You get the feeling the probe will run out of steam, judging by past investigations.

I'm tipping the insufficient evidence line will get a run, as well as the friendly brotherly chat line trotted out by the AFLPA.

It's going to be very difficult to pin down the Talias on this.

Regardless, so much damage has been done. Talia will be traded, his place on the list a little precarious before this anyway.

The former Dogs coach Brendan McCartney refused to play Talia for most of 2014, leaving him in the VFL.

Talia started the season well under Beverdige and McCartney, to some, was made look like a dill?

How could he not play in 2014 ahead of Mark Austin? That was the obvious question.

But McCartney had doubts about his ability to defend and hold up in one on one battles. The old coach was proven correct this year as Talia fell away, struggling to hold his ground against the big forwards.

The Dogs will receive compo via a trade an attempt to move on quickly.

It is going to be tougher for the legend that is Harvey Stevens to move on.

No doubt the 85 year old will put his grandkids first.

Where does that leave his passion for his beloved club?

A likely exoneration from the AFL will do little to ease the pain.

1eyedog
25-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Depends on the circumstances behind the transfer of information (there is so much we don't know). He was linked to the Crows a long time before this. If they turn their backs on him as a result of this becoming public, it could be very messy internally.

No shying away from that I'm afraid. It already is.

LostDoggy
25-09-2015, 05:01 PM
No shying away from that I'm afraid. It already is.

What I mean is, if the Crows have accepted information from him (perhaps even actively sought it for all we know), they can hardly turn their backs on him now that it has become public. If they do so, the damage done to their club could be only worsened, especially when one of their star players is his brother and also seemingly implicated.

1eyedog
25-09-2015, 05:17 PM
What I mean is, if the Crows have accepted information from him (perhaps even actively sought it for all we know), they can hardly turn their backs on him now that it has become public. If they do so, the damage done to their club could be only worsened, especially when one of their star players is his brother and also seemingly implicated.

It all hinges on the investigation of the integrity unit. I'm not holding my breath on that one. I can see someone breaking ranks, whether its Cheney or Stratton or a dark mysterious figure we know that things have already been said and a broad cross section of people are in the know of what actually transpired.

I don't expect us to ease the pressure off the accelarator, not with PG driving but I think Michael might be under the pump a bit with this one and the decision to trade may be taken out of his hands. If Daniel wants to crack the sads he can make his own decisions. What I am saying is this could o either way, but the evidence is out there it seems and Adelaide may very well not even get the opportuntiy to stand by him.

We'll see I suppose.

hujsh
25-09-2015, 06:05 PM
But there is genuine at the Dogs.

Good to know. Are all our bases belong to Stevo?

Talia started the season well under Beverdige and McCartney, to some, was made look like a dill?

Is he unsure about this statement?

F'scary
25-09-2015, 06:30 PM
Straight swap, Talia for Dangerfield is the only way the Crows can make amends.

jeemak
25-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Good to know. Are all our bases belong to Stevo?

Is he unsure about this statement?

On line editing is really bad, and only getting worse.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2015, 07:26 PM
On line editing is really bad, and only getting worse.
Wot you sayd.

GVGjr
25-09-2015, 08:21 PM
The former Dogs coach Brendan McCartney refused to play Talia for most of 2014, leaving him in the VFL.

How could he not play in 2014 ahead of Mark Austin? That was the obvious question.

But McCartney had doubts about his ability to defend and hold up in one on one battles. The old coach was proven correct this year as Talia fell away, struggling to hold his ground against the big forwards.

Possibly the most accurate part of the article. Macca got many a whack for not playing Talia even though Talia had showed little form at Footscray and was sulking. Now when Bevo doesn't play him it would appear he has sulked again.

azabob
25-09-2015, 08:28 PM
A mate just text me to say Darcy went off the long run at Talia on MMM. Would be interesting to hear what darcy said and what actually went down.

Twodogs
25-09-2015, 09:29 PM
A mate just text me to say Darcy went off the long run at Talia on MMM. Would be interesting to hear what darcy said and what actually went down.

There you go Az:

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/

Halfway down the header that says Duke Fires Off At The Talia Boys

ledge
25-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Darcy is right.

Doc26
25-09-2015, 10:56 PM

My hope is that as a Club we can move on from this quickly, showing maturity and a level of grace regardless of where blame sits.

There are a lot of angry and shattered people on both sides of the fence who have been long, loyal and passionate supporters of our Club.

We must find a way to bring closure and unity to this as my fear is that we are risk of creating an irreparable division within the Club, from past players, their families, friends, associates and coteries where there are many tight and broad relationships that if broken can put our viability at some risk.

The Club has done great things under David Smorgon's and Peter Gordon's tenure to bring us closer together by actively promoting key social elements of our Club, none moreso than invigorating a previously lame Past Players group which this year in particular seemed to turn a corner (no doubt our successful season played its part).

Our leaders must now lead to help bring us back together as the broader effect of this is not insignificant.

I implore Peter, David and Luke to address this issue of unity with haste, to effectively manage the dissension, the anger and hurt, being felt at this time by those supportive or close to the Talia's and Stevens' position regardless of right and wrong.

Remi Moses
25-09-2015, 11:03 PM
Wow! One of the few times Luke's lost the nice guy media bloke tag.

bornadog
26-09-2015, 12:25 AM
There you go Az:

Just listened to this and there has to be something in it the way Darc has spoken. Not looking good for the Talia brothers.

LostDoggy
26-09-2015, 12:32 AM
Just listened to this and there has to be something in it the way Darc has spoken. Not looking good for the Talia brothers.

I just listened as well, if details known only to inner sanctum were known by the Hawks players then there is a solid leak. How would Cheney be feeling?

SonofScray
26-09-2015, 01:18 AM
My hope is that as a Club we can move on from this quickly, showing maturity and a level of grace regardless of where blame sits.

There are a lot of angry and shattered people on both sides of the fence who have been long, loyal and passionate supporters of our Club.

We must find a way to bring closure and unity to this as my fear is that we are risk of creating an irreparable division within the Club, from past players, their families, friends, associates and coteries where there are many tight and broad relationships that if broken can put our viability at some risk.

The Club has done great things under David Smorgon's and Peter Gordon's tenure to bring us closer together by actively promoting key social elements of our Club, none moreso than invigorating a previously lame Past Players group which this year in particular seemed to turn a corner (no doubt our successful season played its part).

Our leaders must now lead to help bring us back together as the broader effect of this is not insignificant.

I implore Peter, David and Luke to address this issue of unity with haste, to effectively manage the dissension, the anger and hurt, being felt at this time by those supportive or close to the Talia's and Stevens' position regardless of right and wrong.

Understand the sentiment and certainly do not want to have this result in any ongoing damage but going by the tone of Darcy on Triple M, Bob's obvious disappointment and the very careful, deliberate actions taken by the CEO I can't see it being an amicable resolution, or truce. Part of me doesn't want that either.

Without being too flippant, part of me wants to see play out like a Mafia situation. Cut the guys tongue out, the brothers ears off etc. Come down so hard none would ever dream of doing it again.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2015, 09:50 AM
There you go Az:

That was a good use of ten minutes. I think this is going to get bad Talia and I hope it does.

Webby
26-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Talia's virtually unemployable in the industry now, by the looks of it... No big loss. Always struck me as an overly entitled sook, anyway. Good riddance.

GVGjr
26-09-2015, 11:00 AM
As expected there are conflicting stories but unless someone has conjured up a lot of crap and the media has just run with it's increasingly harder to believe the brothers side of the story. Pickering is still pushing the whole 'there is nothing to it' aspect which was always going to be the case. If true, Talia is not the victim as Pickers is making out.

The question for the club now is do they sack him or facilitate a trade and get something out of this betrayal?

Ghost Dog
26-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Yes, it's not a schoolyard he said she said. Club's are so professional these days, I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be something in it. The prelim result is beside the point. Any time of the year, you can't have people giving out sensitive info.
For the Hawthorn lads to contact Luke, I mean they just would not do that if it wasn't serious. Players don't like having their names in the media for nothing.

His value has dropped now, but Lake was a pick 72. Let's get something out of it. I don't believe clubs will hesitate to get him. Such is the pressure cooker of AFL. Clubs have overlooked worse.

chef
26-09-2015, 11:04 AM
No matter what he's done we should still be trying to get as much as we can for him. He's hurt the club enough already.

GVGjr
26-09-2015, 11:08 AM

Thanks Doc26 for bringing in some clarity and a bigger perspective to all of us to consider.

ledge
26-09-2015, 11:18 AM
By the sounds of it the club on a higher level Will deal with it and I imagine Luke has been told to not concern himself about it and concentrate on the football and coaching side of things.
Which I would say is the right way to go about it.

1eyedog
26-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Talia's virtually unemployable in the industry now, by the looks of it... No big loss. Always struck me as an overly entitled sook, anyway. Good riddance.

Yeah been thinking about this for a few days. Playing bush league next year is a very real possibility for Michael now. I couldn't be stuffed with a trade to be honest.

Throughandthrough
26-09-2015, 12:36 PM

He could do footy club dinners with Ackermanis

Sedat
26-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Been overseas and missed all the Talia leak-gate stuff. Whilst I hope he is exposed if he did indeed betray his employer with leaking sensitive information, I hope the club does not in any way, shape or form use this as an excuse for losing the EF. That loss must continue to burn over summer and the players need to realise that it was a lost opportunity against an inferior side.

LostDoggy
26-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Still think Talia will end up at Adelaide. Doubt the investigation will be resolved pre-trade.

Webby
26-09-2015, 01:56 PM
Still think Talia will end up at Adelaide. Doubt the investigation will be resolved pre-trade.

Here's a scenario for you all: the investigation will, indeed, not be resolved until after the trade period. This will mean that no club, including Adelaide, will want to touch Talia. This will mean that Talia will end up in the pre season draft, where, he will be un-draftable by all clubs - except, you guessed it, Adelaide.

If found guilty, he's basically a known Judas to the entire industry. They say one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. To 17 clubs, he's a terrorist, but to one he's perhaps a freedom fighter...

Therefore, in this (far from far-fetched) scenario, Adelaide are not only handed an invaluable advantage in a final, but also potentially pick up the brother of their best defender for free in the pre season draft...!

There have been examples of players and officials receiving 6 month bans for $5 bets on AFL games. Surely the stakes of two multi million dollar operations playing off in a final are inexorably higher... Therefore, if found guilty, Talia needs to receive a 12 month ban from football at the very, very least.

Btw,the "terrorist" thing is an analogy. I'm not literally calling Talia a terrorist..!

LostDoggy
26-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Possibly the most accurate part of the article. Macca got many a whack for not playing Talia even though Talia had showed little form at Footscray and was sulking. Now when Bevo doesn't play him it would appear he has sulked again.
I see many parallels with Josh Hill. Unfortunately, Talia may prove just as useful to the Crows as Hill has to the Eagles.

As expected there are conflicting stories but unless someone has conjured up a lot of crap and the media has just run with it's increasingly harder to believe the brothers side of the story. Pickering is still pushing the whole 'there is nothing to it' aspect which was always going to be the case. If true, Talia is not the victim as Pickers is making out.

The question for the club now is do they sack him or facilitate a trade and get something out of this betrayal?
I would instruct Jmac thus: Whatever they offer, take it. Under no circumstances are you to honour this boy by claiming he's of any value to us whatsoever.

Some things are more important than draft picks. With our current draft and rookie record I'm comfortable with any pick, really.

Here's a scenario for you all: the investigation will, indeed, not be resolved until after the trade period. This will mean that no club, including Adelaide, will want to touch Talia. This will mean that Talia will end up in the pre season draft, where, he will be un-draftable by all clubs - except, you guessed it, Adelaide.

If found guilty, he's basically a known Judas to the entire industry. They say one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. To 17 clubs, he's a terrorist, but to one he's perhaps a freedom fighter...

Therefore, in this (far from far-fetched) scenario, Adelaide are not only handed an invaluable advantage in a final, but also potentially pick up the brother of their best defender for free in the pre season draft...!

There have been examples of players and officials receiving 6 month bans for $5 bets on AFL games. Surely the stakes of two multi million dollar operations playing off in a final are inexorably higher... Therefore, if found guilty, Talia needs to receive a 12 month ban from football at the very, very least.

Btw,the "terrorist" thing is an analogy. I'm not literally calling Talia a terrorist..!
Of course not. Terrorists believe in something.

Rocco Jones
26-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Luke Darcy is making these pro Bulldogs rants a bit of a thing. The list so far:
- losing fitness guy to the Suns
- missing out on Etihad final
- Talia

I normally find Darcy awful to listen to but must say, I do find these passion laced rants rather endearing.

SonofScray
27-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Luke Darcy is making these pro Bulldogs rants a bit of a thing. The list so far:
- losing fitness guy to the Suns
- missing out on Etihad final
- Talia

I normally find Darcy awful to listen to but must say, I do find these passion laced rants rather endearing.

Good to have someone beating the drum in the media and keeping the scandal spinners a little bit accountable. Clearly passionate about the Club still which I'll respect above everything else he does as a media pundit.

I was talking to a few neutral people, non football people this week about the Talia stuff, it was surprising how many of them had an immediate reaction to downplay it initially. When I changed Talia to an employee of Holden handing over information to their brother at Ford the day before a launch of a new product they were aghast and said they'd want that guy sacked and sued within an inch of his life.

Ghost Dog
27-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Yes, and I think the players association has case to answer for going public with a narrative on it while the case is pending. The players who may have suffered because of the leak have rights too.

westdog54
28-09-2015, 07:09 AM
Yes, and I think the players association has case to answer for going public with a narrative on it while the case is pending. The players who may have suffered because of the leak have rights too.
Good call. They've basically made Kyle Cheney and Ben Stratton look like dibber dobbers. They pay their fees too.

The AFLPA are terrible with public relations.

All it would have taken would have been:

"The AFLPA had been contacted by two players in relation to an investigation by the AFL integrity unit.

The Association understands that the investigation was requested by the Western Bulldogs in relation to an alleged leak of sensitive information.

We are continuing to support and advise the players involved.

As this is an ongoing investigation it would be inappropriate to comment further."

Throughandthrough
28-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Did the Crows surprisingly drop Jake Lever for Kyle Cheney based on inside info?

Ghost Dog
28-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Good call. They've basically made Kyle Cheney and Ben Stratton look like dibber dobbers. They pay their fees too.

The AFLPA are terrible with public relations.

All it would have taken would have been:

"The AFLPA had been contacted by two players in relation to an investigation by the AFL integrity unit.

The Association understands that the investigation was requested by the Western Bulldogs in relation to an alleged leak of sensitive information.

We are continuing to support and advise the players involved.

As this is an ongoing investigation it would be inappropriate to comment further."

Well written. If you want a job with the AFLPA I'll write you a reference. They never seem to get much right with PR. Must be a few past players here or people who are close to players. What is the industry ( players ) perception of the AFLPA?

Dancin' Douggy
28-09-2015, 05:10 PM
I'm surprised there's been no press release from Talia's camp?

No official statement........

Or have I missed it.

ledge
28-09-2015, 05:38 PM
His manager did say he wouldn't be with us next year.

Rocket Science
28-09-2015, 05:46 PM
I'm surprised there's been no press release from Talia's camp?

No official statement........

Or have I missed it.

This is as close as we've come to anything 'formal', circa the ABC (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-25/michael-talia-left-out-to-dry-over-leak-allegations-manager/6803664):

"The boys obviously can't speak at the moment because there's an AFL investigation, as much as they'd like to," Pickering told the Nine Network's The Footy Show.

"They're extremely angry and hurt and upset by what's gone on.

"Daniel obviously, he's been cleared by his club - there's no issues from that end.

"The one who's been left hanging out to dry is Michael, which is really disappointing."

Pickering claimed Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge was yet to speak to Michael about the issue.

"I'm really surprised and a little bit disappointed that he hasn't heard from the coach still," Pickering said.

"He's left him a number of messages."

Pickering also had no doubt about Talia's fate at the Bulldogs.

"He's not going to be there next year, as simple as that, which is really disappointing," Pickering said.

"The last few days have played out really ordinary in the public.

"There's been hysteria around it.

"You hear words like treason and treachery from journalists - it's absolutely disgraceful.

"They're brothers - they have discussions every second night."

---

Pretty impartial as you'd expect from Pickering...

dog town
30-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Sounds like Bevo and Damian Barrett had a verbal altercation in the toilets at the Brownlow over this issue. Makes me love him so much more even without knowing what the issue is.

Remi Moses
30-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Confirmed by that bin scrummaging pimply faced twat.
Beveridge would eat Barrett.
Getting an image of his pythons wrapped around barrets neck

Topdog
30-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Confirmed by that bin scrummaging pimply faced twat.
Beveridge would eat Barrett.
Getting an image of his pythons wrapped around barrets neck

What did the idiot say?

azabob
30-09-2015, 09:12 PM
What did the idiot say?

I think Beveridge may have confronted him at the brownlow.

boydogs
30-09-2015, 10:08 PM
What did the idiot say?

Tipping it was over this

http://puu.sh/ktqfF/233386ef77.png

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-25/sliding-doors-finals-week-three

ledge
30-09-2015, 10:11 PM
Wow Barrett is a reporter not a judge what a pissant, bet he doesn't get anymore info from the dogs camp anymore , just burnt his bridges at one club, maybe more that's a pretty low blow.