PDA

View Full Version : Pre Season Training

The Coon Dog
26-11-2007, 07:41 PM
If there's anything you want to know about a specific player over pre season. Such as how they're travelling, whether you've heard they've suffered an injury etc... feel free to post your query/question here & I'll endeavour to have it answered for you.

Mods to consider stickieing, or is that stickying this post.

LostDoggy
27-11-2007, 11:16 AM
just a small question. how can 1 get to Witten Oval from the east-side of town taking public transport.
never been there before and might head down to watch a training session

The Coon Dog
27-11-2007, 11:19 AM
just a small question. how can 1 get to Witten Oval from the east-side of town taking public transport.

Driving or public transport?

Sockeye Salmon
27-11-2007, 11:29 AM

The ground is right beside West Footscray station - St. Albans line.

Twodogs
27-11-2007, 11:34 AM

It's actually called West Footscray/Whitten Oval these days. And it's the Sydenham line these days as well, Eastern Suburbs boy.;)

The Coon Dog
27-11-2007, 11:36 AM

You can tell who comes from the Eastern Suburbs. ;)

There is no longer a St. Albans line. It's the Sydenham line now although the trains say they are going to Watergardens. :confused:

Sockeye Salmon
27-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Western Suburbs - yuk!

All drug dealers and crime gangs.

We have elm trees and prettier mums driving Toyota Ravs.

LostDoggy
28-11-2007, 10:36 PM
thanx, il be down there some time, cause my holidays start next week

LostDoggy
28-11-2007, 10:49 PM
thanx, il be down there some time, cause my holidays start next week

I think the club is having a week away at a camp just before the Xmas break.

The Coon Dog
29-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Here is some useful information:

Training

*Friday 30 Nov - 10.30am Aberfeldie - 1km time trials followed by skills.
*Monday 3 Dec - 8.30am Princes Park time trials followed by skills at WO at 10.30am.
*Wednesday 5 Dec - 9.30am WO running & skills.
*Friday 7 Dec - 9.30 am WO Skills.

Aboriginal quartet

-All had this week off.
-Lynch & Harbrow - training fantastically well.
-Stack - nice frame & after Xmas, his girlfriend & child move from Broome to Melb.
-Hill - very impressive, particularly attitude wise.

Game style

To be tweaked slightly for 2008. Will go longer more often to full forward as we'll be a bit taller up there. Continue to use pace, but improve kicking going into half forward.

Tiller

Has bulked up, still developing, expect 10 games minimum.

LostDoggy
29-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks Baz

LostDoggy
29-11-2007, 12:33 PM
How is Cameron Wight travelling? Bulked up?

bornadog
29-11-2007, 01:37 PM
I think the club is having a week away at a camp just before the Xmas break.

yes, around dec 18th

hujsh
29-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Any Williams/Griffin news?

The Coon Dog
29-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Any Williams/Griffin news?

They have both bulked up!

The Underdog
29-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks TCD.

You're a font of knowledge and wisdom (and avatars)

Raw Toast
30-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Ambled down to Aberfeldie today (a couple of minutes from my house) but couldn't stay long as I had a dentist appointment to get to.

There were two main groups - one using the athletics track and another on the west oval, most of whom were running around the ovals and then up and down the hill. Didn't see much of this group, but Cross (of course) was leading, Murphy looked good, Hahn was there as were at least the two Jarrad's.

Of the group at the athletics track, Hargrave, Griff, Callan and Hudson were doing 1k time trials. Shaggy and Griff were out front, Callan stayed with them awhile but lost 10-20metres by the end of the two I saw, and Hudson fell of the back pretty quickly but kept on going (he was pulling in some deep breaths).

Street was doing shorter sprints, Eagle was doing the same but taking it a bit lighter, Doogs ran some slow laps and another skinny kid was doing slow laps as well. Doogs then went back to the other group on the oval and hopped onto a bike.

Griff was particularly impressive of those doing the 1k tt's. He encouraged the others a bit, especially in-between runs.

Not sure if there is anything else to say - I'll be out till Sunday (doing the bike ride), but can try and answer some questions after then if need be.

LostDoggy
03-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Did anyone else hear that one of our guys was sick (spewing up) during the time trails today?

LostDoggy
03-12-2007, 11:25 PM
My dad went today, didn't say what happened except that he spoke with Eade, Johnson, and a few others.

Sockeye Salmon
04-12-2007, 10:37 AM
My dad went today, didn't say what happened except that he spoke with Eade, Johnson, and a few others.

How is Super Mario?

Did he have the operation? If he's back at training I assume it must have gone well?

LostDoggy
04-12-2007, 01:37 PM
How is Super Mario?

Did he have the operation? If he's back at training I assume it must have gone well?
Yes good. The stent wasn't required as it wasn't that blocked.
He had 2 angiograms.
His main concern now is making sure the visiting nurse is female and not male.

Sockeye Salmon
04-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Yes good. The stent wasn't required as it wasn't that blocked.
He had 2 angiograms.
His main concern now is making sure the visiting nurse is female and not male.

Good to hear.

hujsh
04-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Who's Super Mario?

Sockeye Salmon
04-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Who's Super Mario?

Ernie's dad, Bulldog tragic and training watcher.

LostDoggy
04-12-2007, 06:07 PM
He told me today he has no hope for McDougall. He is always last in his group of 5 or 6, it doesn't matter.
He does like the look of Hudson.

I'll be there tomorrow with him.

The Underdog
04-12-2007, 06:15 PM
He told me today he has no hope for McDougall. He is always last in his group of 5 or 6, it doesn't matter.

I think I read on BF the other day that McDougall was running slow laps at one session(forgive me if it was yours Ernie). Perhaps he's not fully fit. Anyone know if he's had any injuries/procedures?

The Coon Dog
04-12-2007, 06:36 PM
I think I read on BF the other day that McDougall was running slow laps at one session(forgive me if it was yours Ernie). Perhaps he's not fully fit. Anyone know if he's had any injuries/procedures?

Thank goodness this wasn't posted on BF. Can you imagine the fun the Eagles supporters would have replying to this?

LostDoggy
04-12-2007, 07:35 PM
I'd like to hear how Dale Morris and Ryan Hargrave are going, if anyone's seen them...please.

Twodogs
04-12-2007, 09:53 PM

See you there.

LostDoggy
09-12-2007, 08:31 PM
i'll get down sometime next week.

edit: just on that, have any basic detail, i.e times and stuff bout the trainings cause all i get on the doggies site is this

With the 2007 season now over for the Western Bulldogs there are no open training times for supporters to view.

Please keep an eye out at Whitten Oval as the steel frame is now up and the walls are being raised for our new Elite Learning Centre which will soon be home to our football group.

The team will move into the new facility at the start of February 2008 and supporters will be able to view training from mid-2008 when the main building is complete.

LostDoggy
10-12-2007, 07:10 PM
i'll get down sometime next week.

edit: just on that, have any basic detail, i.e times and stuff bout the trainings cause all i get on the doggies site is this

Best to give the club a call.