PDA

View Full Version : Jake Stringers first 50 goals on youtube

Dancin' Douggy
29-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Don't know if any of you have seen these. Some genius has compiled every single one of Stringers first 50 goals in several installations. But they've stopped at 50. I'm hoping someone here could pick up the slack and keep compiling the goals. I'd do it myself but I'm a technology caveman. Either way, it's great great viewing. We really have a bona fide platinum grade superstar on our hands.

https://youtu.be/iFZFKG1Xuow

BornInDroopSt'54
29-08-2015, 10:51 AM
When I first saw his clips before he was drafted he looked so good. Then when he had kicked his first few goals I was excited we had a player of great goal kicking skills and incredible imagination for a magic goal. The natural, not affected, strut, betrayed assurance. He knows instinctively that he can do great things, what fun. It is fun for him, he's a kid. How he matures should be something else.
I'm a luddite with techno also, but he will be providing exciting goals for us for seasons ahead.

LostDoggy
29-08-2015, 11:19 AM
This guy has gone to a lot of trouble. It's gonna be quite a catalogue as Jake's career rolls on.

Everyone should check this out. It's great watching and the uploader deserves the views.

Ghost Dog
29-08-2015, 12:48 PM
A lot of time taken to do this. The opening brassy soundtrack is funny.
Holy crap. Look at the pass from Bob Murphy, Mov Stringer 41-50 at 3.98 - magic.

Stringer is 192cm and Nick Reiwoldt is 193, interesting stat.

F'scary
29-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Stringer's productivity has gone up heaps this season. Interesting looking at some of the scores in the clips for 2013 and 2014. Not very good a lot of the time.

kruder
29-08-2015, 02:07 PM
The media hadn't seen it till this year they are finally on the bandwagon. His first goal in the NAB cup was off the charts and were a sign of things to come. I'd dare say Stringer would have close to the best highlights package of any first 50 goals in AFL history.

LostDoggy
29-08-2015, 02:14 PM
A lot of time taken to do this. The opening brassy soundtrack is funny.
Holy crap. Look at the pass from Bob Murphy, Mov Stringer 41-50 at 3.98 - magic.

Stringer is 192cm and Nick Reiwoldt is 193, interesting stat.

For all of Stringer's brilliance, that was the one bit of the video where I said "woah" out loud.

Same in the Sons of the West Part 4 video. His lead up work to the featured Bont goal against GCS is just sublime.

Ozza
31-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Not sure if anyone caught Bob's interview on 3AW on Sunday (its on audioboom), but they mentioned how Jake Stringer seems like the sort of player that might just enjoy the finals and a big crowd at the MCG, to which Bob replied along the lines of that Jake would probably be looking for somewhere bigger to play if they could make it happen.

The Package!
(like him or loathe him....Brian Taylor has started something that has really stuck! As I understand it, Mark Hunter has a new racing greyhound he is calling JayTeePee - as in 'JTP - Jake The Package').

bulldogtragic
31-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Mike Sheahan just said to Gerad Whately that if he had the option to pick Nat Fyffe or Jake Stringer, he'd be happy for Gerard to take Fyffe and give him Stringer...

LostDoggy
31-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Jake, Bont and wood give me a warm feeling in my chest. Warm.

See you in the cauldron cows, Jake will be waiting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zwkYdGGJZs0

bulldogtragic
31-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Mike Sheahan just said to Gerad Whately that if he had the option to pick Nat Fyffe or Jake Stringer, he'd be happy for Gerard to take Fyffe and give him Stringer...

Gerard Healy saying Stringer looks like Gary Ablett Snr.

I think the media like him.

comrade
31-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Gerard Healy saying Stringer looks like Gary Ablett Snr.

I think the media like him.

This will all totally go to Stringer's head.

And make him even better...

bulldogtragic
31-08-2015, 10:44 PM
This will all totally go to Stringer's head.

And make him even better...

Yes!

If Stringer was allegedly only 20% of his talent last year according to Macca, I wonder where he is now? 25% ? Another 300% improvement to go?

Dancin' Douggy
01-09-2015, 11:43 AM
I'm still hoping someone will take up the challenge and edit and post the rest of his goals in order. Me and the kids love watching them. My little boy Ambrose(8) keeps asking "can we watch jakes goals again dad?" I say "of course we can son, of course we can".

bulldogtragic
01-09-2015, 12:20 PM
I'm still hoping someone will take up the challenge and edit and post the rest of his goals in order. Me and the kids love watching them. My little boy Ambrose(8) keeps asking "can we watch jakes goals again dad?" I say "of course we can son, of course we can".

Father of The Year 2015

bornadog
01-09-2015, 01:18 PM

And you reluctantly rewind and start again. :D

LostDoggy
01-09-2015, 02:04 PM

Named after legendary Bulldog and all round champion sportsman Ambrose Palmer??

Dancin' Douggy
01-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Named after legendary Bulldog and all round champion sportsman Ambrose Palmer??

Spot on double peanut.

Bulldog Revolution
01-09-2015, 02:24 PM
The guy who put that together is one inspired dude

Utterly brilliant work

LostDoggy
01-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Spot on double peanut.

Nice.

He was a great man.

Dancin' Douggy
01-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Nice.

He was a great man.

So I believe. Have heard as much from many different sources.

Dancin' Douggy
03-09-2015, 02:03 PM
The guy who put that together is one inspired dude

Utterly brilliant work

We HAVE to find out who it is, and bankroll him to keep doing them. The CLUB should actually find him and keep the series going.

LostDoggy
03-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Wonder if he's connected at all to Als Highlights. That guy is a champion as well.

Twodogs
03-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Als highlights are brilliant. They have been making my week this season.

Scraggers
03-09-2015, 05:37 PM
I can't work out which goal I like best ... number 25 against Essendon when he shrugs off two tackles and runs to 50 and kicks it, or number 30 against Saints when he shrugs a number of tackles and dribbles it from the pocket !!!

Dancin' Douggy
03-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Here is a list of reputable observers who have dared to compare Jake Stringer to Gary Ablett Senior.
An act which is almost tantamount to blasphemy.

1. Me
2. Dermott Brereton.
3. Gerard Healy.
4. Jonathon Brown.
5. Mike Sheahan.
6. Jake Stringer (I'm presuming)