PDA

View Full Version : Three Things I've Learned: Season 2015

bulldogtragic
29-08-2015, 04:01 PM
This covers off season, regular season and finals season. Only three (3) things people.

bulldogtragic
27-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Bump.

bulldogtragic
27-12-2015, 09:09 PM
1. That was one hell of a ride & I'm looking forward to our dogs on prime time next year.
2. Just when I thought no one could get close to Gryphone, Tahleeya takes a shot at the title of complete dog acts & lies.
3. This club just can't be killed, and not through others trying. But when Murphy, Bevo & Gordon etc step up, we all walk taller.

LostDoggy
01-01-2016, 01:22 PM
1. The off season appointments were masterstrokes. Bob is so perfect as captain, earlier choices ahead of him seem laughable in hindsight, and Bevo has been such a breath of fresh air as coach. These leaders are so damn likeable, it seems they could get the supporters to charge through brick walls, let alone the players.
2. Our seemingly questionable 2014 crop of recruits were actually really exciting and add plenty to the squad.
3. Our youngsters who seemed really promising were even better than hoped. Bob's claims of them being superior to earlier groups, which seemed overly optimistic preseason, now seem entirely reasonable.

F'scary
01-01-2016, 01:33 PM
1. Lachie Hunter is an A grade midfielder. At the start of the season, I had him as useful smaller forward prone to spending time in the VFL.
2. Tory Dickson is a top shelf forward. At the start of the season, I didn't consider him best 22, let alone a first pick selection.
3. Jack Redpath is an AFL standard tall forward. At the start of the season, I was dubious about his rookie promotion.

If I can add a 4th, Fletcher Roberts - more qualified but similar to my Dickson comment above.

craigsahibee
08-01-2016, 02:42 PM
1. Three of our current Father/Son listed players might just all become better players than their fathers. (Haven't seen enough of Z. Cordy yet to make a call on him)
2. Our recruiting team know what they are doing.
3. As I mellow and enter my twilight years, I can prepare for the next phase of my life knowing that our great club is on the verge of an era which could deliver to us all, the ultimate success (maybe even more than once).