PDA

View Full Version : True Story

F'scary
29-08-2015, 11:03 PM
After the game, as the thousands wound their way back to Spencer Street Station, just before the Myki turnstiles a bloke started yelling out "anyone lost a handbag?" People looked around. Yes, there was a bloke holding up a handbag yelling "anyone lost a handbag...?"

Another bloke walks by and says, "yeah, Shaun Higgins..."

1eyedog
30-08-2015, 12:32 AM
I actually thought the girls played a pretty skillful and tough style of footy in the Melbourne game...

jeemak
30-08-2015, 01:07 AM
I'd be pretty happy with Higgins on our side right now.

GVGjr
30-08-2015, 01:11 AM

All North supporters I know seem happy enough with him. At the moment it seems his departure is one of those rare win win outcomes. North focused on this season and we were more than happy to take the longer term view.

ledge
30-08-2015, 01:25 AM

Not sure I would with his opponents running from half back and kicking goals because he had no defensive side to him at all and that's what beat them .. Two of our half backs ran off and kicked 3 goals.
If a side plays rebound footy the half forwards must chase their man.. I never saw him do that tonight, the same with Harvey
I've noticed Higgins is a big receiver now . Doesn't go get the ball anymore. Great skills but you have to give it to him.

bulldogtragic
30-08-2015, 01:52 AM
Not sure I would with his opponents running from half back and kicking goals because he had no defensive side to him at all and that's what beat them .. Two of our half backs ran off and kicked 3 goals.
If a side plays rebound footy the half forwards must chase their man.. I never saw him do that tonight, the same with Harvey
I've noticed Higgins is a big receiver now . Doesn't go get the ball anymore. Great skills but you have to give it to him.

Good call, he's almost like an NFL punter now isn't he? He seemed to get his kicks in the clear today and was only really about the kick between the goal posts and not any of the rest of the play. I guess that's why he's not getting injured and kicking lots of easy goals.

But it's a win-win. North are happy and Webb will be a gun. But his antics today were juvenile to be fair all round.

jeemak
30-08-2015, 02:00 AM

I take your point.

One his goals was from staying down smartly when everyone else went up.

Was he on either Biggs or JJ all night?

I wasn't there......

ledge
30-08-2015, 05:38 AM
Whichever he was on I think both kicked two goals.
Maybe they took turns on him .Harvey was the same.
.. Front runner and no respect for the opposing player .
North rely on their talls to take marks and kick goals, once we forced Petrie up the ground they were in trouble.
White puts in a cameo but that's about all they will get from him, they don't look for Brown enough and if it was at the mcg and it was wet I think they would be in huge trouble against anyone.
Scott to me has a very simple idea and ageing squad he will be in trouble shortly as they retire.

Roscoe_G
30-08-2015, 12:15 PM
All North supporters I know seem happy enough with him. At the moment it seems his departure is one of those rare win win outcomes. North focused on this season and we were more than happy to take the longer term view.

Not this Northerner. He is a very ordinary player.

KT31
30-08-2015, 12:21 PM
After the game, as the thousands wound their way back to Spencer Street Station, just before the Myki turnstiles a bloke started yelling out "anyone lost a handbag?" People looked around. Yes, there was a bloke holding up a handbag yelling "anyone lost a handbag...?"

Another bloke walks by and says, "yeah, Shaun Higgins..."

Someone seems to have pinched my like and thanks buttons so - LIKE.:)

1eyedog
30-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Biggs is playing the role Macca had touted for Higgins. He's getting plenty of it using it well and kicking goals. We're clearly not missing him and while Higgins is in good form he's still pointing everywhere and is reluctant to work the other way.

hujsh
30-08-2015, 05:17 PM
Biggs is playing the role Macca had touted for Higgins. He's getting plenty of it using it well and kicking goals. We're clearly not missing him and while Higgins is in good form he's still pointing everywhere and is reluctant to work the other way.

1eyedog! Post there! No over there! Accross more! Follow my opponent!!!! 1EYEDOG!!!

Twodogs
30-08-2015, 05:33 PM

1eyedog! Post there! No over there! Accross more! Follow may opponent!!!! 1EYEDOG!!!

Hah! I'd forgotten how annoyed he looks as he frantically scans around for a first gamer to point at when his man has run off him and kicked a goal. It's fun to watch when hes playing for another team.

1eyedog
30-08-2015, 07:12 PM
1eyedog! Post there! No over there! Accross more! Follow may opponent!!!! 1EYEDOG!!!

Scorlibo
30-08-2015, 07:44 PM
One thing with Higgins that I never liked was how he didn't seem to enjoy himself on game day. He'd always just be going through the motions while singing the song, wouldn't typically show emotion after a team goal, etc.

I like the attitude of our current playing group - it's important to be excited about footy. Bob has been instrumental in that regard.

Bulldog4life
30-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Whichever he was on I think both kicked two goals.
Maybe they took turns on him .Harvey was the same.
.. Front runner and no respect for the opposing player .
North rely on their talls to take marks and kick goals, once we forced Petrie up the ground they were in trouble.
White puts in a cameo but that's about all they will get from him, they don't look for Brown enough and if it was at the mcg and it was wet I think they would be in huge trouble against anyone.
Scott to me has a very simple idea and ageing squad he will be in trouble shortly as they retire.

Do you mean Waite?

ledge
30-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Yes sorry

SonofScray
30-08-2015, 08:20 PM
I have never hated a player on our list more than Higgins. Injuries or not he had a poor attitude and when we needed him to show some leadership the best he could muster was "do as I say and not as I do," while pointing aimlessly. He disgraced our jumper and I am glad he is gone. May he never return. Flog.

LostDoggy
30-08-2015, 08:55 PM
I have never hated a player on our list more than Higgins. Injuries or not he had a poor attitude and when we needed him to show some leadership the best he could muster was "do as I say and not as I do," while pointing aimlessly. He disgraced our jumper and I am glad he is gone. May he never return. Flog.

Imagine Higgins & Goddard on the same team. Their team mates would end the match dizzy.

LostDoggy
30-08-2015, 09:00 PM

Bullies
30-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Noticed none of pur players gave him the time of day after the game

Bulldog4life
30-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Noticed none of pur players gave him the time of day after the game

Noticed that too

Lukewarm Beveridge
30-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Plenty of little scuffles with him too including Boydy from memory.. reckon there may have been some animosity from the group in his departure, especially with his terrible attitude last year.
Good, solid player, but not crying over not having him.

stefoid
30-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Webb goes alright and we have medium forwards lining up.

craigsahibee
31-08-2015, 11:21 AM

Re-incarnation of Wayne Campbell.

Ozza
31-08-2015, 12:04 PM
Higgins has had a very good season (at least so far as he has got plenty of the ball, and kicked plenty of goals).

I'm fine with him going well, as I also don't think we have missed him.

Have got no ill feeling towards him. I don't think he fits the mould of what we are trying to do as a team, so it has been pretty win-win as a situation.

Maddog37
31-08-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm so glad he's gone.