PDA

View Full Version : FINALS 2015 - Open Training

bornadog
03-09-2015, 06:11 PM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Images/Finals/2015FinalsHub-PageHero-Training-ART.jpg?timestamp=1441262527031

The Western Bulldogs will host two open training sessions during Week One of the 2015 Toyota AFL Finals Series.

There will be an open session on the afternoon of Tuesday 8 September 2015, commencing at approximately 4:30pm.

An open training session will also be held on the day preceeding the match. In the case that the Western Bulldogs play a final in Melbourne, this session will be held on the morning of the day preceeding the match. In the case that the Western Bulldogs play a final interstate, the open session will be held at the interstate venue in the afternoon of the day preceeding the match.

The training session at Victoria University Whitten Oval on Thursday, 10 September 2015 will be a closed session, with no public admittance to the venue during this session.

link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/finals/open-training-sessions)

bornadog
07-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Update:

come down to victoria university whitten oval on tuesday afternoon to show your support for the players as they prepare for their elimination final clash against the adelaide crows on saturday night.

There will be family fun and activities, as well as a chance to get an autograph from some of your favourite players.

Date: Tuesday 8 september
time: 4.30pm
venue: Victoria university whitten oval

we will have plenty of activities on while the boys train, including:
- football activities for the kids
- meet our mascots, the pack
- get a photo with our real life bulldog, sid
- bulldogs giveaways
- players will be available for autographs after training
- visit the bulldogs shop to purchase the latest merchandise
- membership staff will be on hand for all ticketing enquiries

*not all players are guaranteed to be in attendance and will only be available for a limited time
*parking is limited. We recommend using public transport if possible, as whitten oval is only a short stroll from west footscray train station

currently, the training session at victoria university whitten oval on thursday, 10 september 2015 will be a closed session, with no public admittance to the venue during this session.

LostDoggy
08-09-2015, 07:40 PM
Did anyone get to training?

comrade
08-09-2015, 08:35 PM
I went.

Pretty light session as expected. Some running drills for the first 20 mins, then broke off into 2 groups and did an evasive kicking drill, sidestepping someone on the mark and hitting a target 30-40m away. Skills were good.

Libba was grinding out laps the whole time and looks shredded. His torso/arms are ripped & looks in top nick.

T Boyd, Hamling, Fletcher, Macrae, Talia, Jong & Crammers had a light session. No real kicking or running, just hand balling. No sign of Redpath. Roughy in a moon boot again.

Stringer left the track early but I don't think there is any issue.

Darcy MacPherson was there getting amongst it. Fair chance he'll be on our list next year.

Tom Campbell finished the session doing some tap work in the middle. Not sure if that means anything.

Bonti was the last to leave the adoring throng of fans lined up for pictures & autographs. Kids love him.

Mantis
08-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Bonti was the last to leave the adoring throng of fans lined up for pictures & autographs. Kids love him.

So do 'big' kids. :D

The Bulldogs Bite
08-09-2015, 10:40 PM
I went too and comrade nailed it.

Only thing I'll add, or emphasize, is that Libba looks in great condition. It was pleasing to see him jogging around looking in pretty good spirits.

Caleb Daniel also has such good skills on both sides of his body and is so good in close. All the players seemed quite generous with their time, Bonti/Dahl/Murph clearly most popular.

Ozza
09-09-2015, 10:12 AM
I went too and comrade nailed it.

Only thing I'll add, or emphasize, is that Libba looks in great condition. It was pleasing to see him jogging around looking in pretty good spirits.

Caleb Daniel also has such good skills on both sides of his body and is so good in close. All the players seemed quite generous with their time, Bonti/Dahl/Murph clearly most popular.

Funny you should say that. I was actually wondering if he could kick on his left foot at all, as he only ever uses the outside of his right boot in matches when forced onto his left side.

The Bulldogs Bite
09-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Funny you should say that. I was actually wondering if he could kick on his left foot at all, as he only ever uses the outside of his right boot in matches when forced onto his left side.

Yeah he has done that a few times and certainly always likes to get back onto his right, but he's definitely quite competent on his left, even if it was basic 30m passing

Twodogs
09-09-2015, 05:51 PM
It's suprising how good he is on his left foot but how reluctant he is to use it in matches.

NoName
10-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Great turnout by the supporters on Tuesday.

I didn't see Jong, I assume he was training inside?