PDA

View Full Version : Hawks skipper Luke Hodge caught drink-driving - No suspension by Club

bornadog
04-09-2015, 06:21 PM
story here (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/hawks-skipper-luke-hodge-caught-drinkdriving)

Extract:

"We are disappointed in Luke's error of judgment, the club has spoken to him and the police about the matter and we believe the penalty he has received is appropriate."

If this was a young player they would be treated differently, but because it is the club captain and finals are next week, Hawks turn a blind eye. Double standards for sure.

bulldogtragic
04-09-2015, 06:25 PM
story here (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/hawks-skipper-luke-hodge-caught-drinkdriving)

Extract:

If this was a young player they would be treated differently, but because it is the club captain and finals are next week, Hawks turn a blind eye. Double standards for sure.

Probably, but it's such a low reading that he didn't lose his licence. I agree that pillar a kid over it, but that says more about treatment of younger players in my book and the medias desire to scalp someone for a story.

bornadog
04-09-2015, 06:29 PM
Probably, but it's such a low reading that he didn't lose his licence. I agree that pillar a kid over it, but that says more about treatment of younger players in my book and the medias desire to scalp someone for a story.

Why wouldn't he lose his license? He was over .05?

Mantis
04-09-2015, 06:33 PM
You don't blow 0.07 having 'a couple' of drinks throughout the night.

LostDoggy
04-09-2015, 06:43 PM
So the club captain gets himself suspended from playing, goes out drinking on a Thursday while his team mates prepare, gets himself caught drink driving and the club reckons $450 is sufficient penalty?

On face value, not a great culture setting example by the Hawks for mine.

bulldogtragic
04-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Why wouldn't he lose his license? He was over .05?

Between .05 and .069 it's 10 demerit points. It used to be a warning until the media many years ago blew up Darryl Somers getting his warning, so they then made it a demerit point range. So at .068 he is keeping his licence, by a sip (literally).

merantau
04-09-2015, 07:10 PM
"I was only a little bit over!"

Ghost Dog
04-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Caroline Wilson will be licking her lips. Topic A for next week's sermon on naughty AFL boys locked and loaded.

Motlop will be thinking himself hard done by, having missed a game for having a quiet one in Colac on the boundary a day before a game.

soupman
04-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Still a bloke you would love to have a beer with though isn't he?:rolleyes:

hujsh
04-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Still a bloke you would love to have a beer with though isn't he?:rolleyes:

Well you know he's good for a lift home

bulldogtragic
04-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Well you know he's good for a lift home

Love it. :D

There's always a silver lining in a story.

Twodogs
04-09-2015, 10:02 PM
Caroline Wilson will be licking her lips. Topic A for next week's sermon on naughty AFL boys locked and loaded.

Motlop will be thinking himself hard done by, having missed a game for having a quiet one in Colac on the boundary a day before a game.

And he was dobbed in by Luke Hodges brother.

bulldogtragic
04-09-2015, 10:17 PM
And he was dobbed in by Luke Hodges brother.

Perhaps Daniel Motlop made a call to the boys to breath test him?

jeemak
04-09-2015, 10:35 PM
Apparently the Hawks rule is that suspended players are allowed to drink mid-week.

bornadog
04-09-2015, 10:56 PM
Apparently the Hawks rule is that suspended players are allowed to drink mid-week.

and get caught driving a car over the limit.

jazzadogs
04-09-2015, 11:03 PM

Says a lot about their approach towards suspensions that they even need to have a rule.

Have we had anyone suspended this year?

Twodogs
04-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Says a lot about their approach towards suspensions that they even need to have a rule.

Wil Minson for about 24 hours,

jeemak
04-09-2015, 11:29 PM
and get caught driving a car over the limit.

Free pass Hodgy has been getting free passes for his off field antics over a long period of time. The Hawks are the perfect example of a club that is willing to turn a blind eye to bad behaviour as long as on field results are where they need to be.

Nothing other than winning matters to them, and I can assure you this is also the case for their self entitled CUB supporters.

Remi Moses
04-09-2015, 11:44 PM
Apparently Dermott said there was nothing in it,and Hodgey is a top bloke and it's just unsociable

jazzadogs
05-09-2015, 06:56 AM
Apparently Dermott said there was nothing in it,and Hodgey is a top bloke and it's just unsociable

I heard it dropped from a .075 reading to a .068 with a 10% reduction for a guilty plea. Nothing to do with being a good bloke, it's all in the rules see?

bornadog
05-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Now being reported Hodge will face the leadership group this week.

I wonder how that will go. :rolleyes:

azabob
05-09-2015, 09:09 PM

Lachie Hunter for off field issues.

Flamethrower
05-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Now being reported Hodge will face the leadership group this week.

I wonder how that will go. :rolleyes:

I wonder if that will involve Luke Hodge and his mirror?

bornadog
05-09-2015, 11:32 PM
I wonder if that will involve Luke Hodge and his mirror?

Fined $5000 by group.

http://www.theage.com.au/content/dam/images/g/j/g/0/g/i/image.related.articleLeadwide.620x349.gjg0ha.png/1441455193480.jpg

After the game today? Is that stubby, will he drive home.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2015, 11:53 PM
$5,000 buys a few rounds of Bin Tang in Bali for the footy trip. Good result for the Hawthorn boys I think.

jeemak
05-09-2015, 11:59 PM
$5K is nothing to sneeze at, even for someone on $700K a year (considering how leveraged these CUB's get themselves).

He was never going to be punished harshly by his peers in terms of games off the field.

bulldogtragic
06-09-2015, 12:21 AM
$5K is nothing to sneeze at, even for someone on $700K a year (considering how leveraged these CUB's get themselves).

He was never going to be punished harshly by his peers in terms of games off the field.

Well, $2,700 net. It's a tax deductible recipient so he can claim it on his income tax return. But still a lot.

jeemak
06-09-2015, 12:44 AM
Well, $2,700 net. It's a tax deductible recipient so he can claim it on his income tax return. But still a lot.

Well, because he's such a good bloke I'm sure out of admiration of his meritorious goodblokedness someone would have stepped in by now to ensure his tax affairs would be well in order to the point where this is just a blip on the tax radar anyway.

bulldogtragic
06-09-2015, 12:49 AM
Well, because he's such a good bloke I'm sure out of admiration of his meritorious goodblokedness someone would have stepped in by now to ensure his tax affairs would be well in order to the point where this is just a blip on the tax radar anyway.

I wonder if that's on his business card 'Luke Hodge - Meritorious Goodblokedness".

jeemak
06-09-2015, 01:01 AM
I wonder if that's on his business card 'Luke Hodge - Meritorious Goodblokedness".

How could it not be?

The amount of people that have lined up to gush over how embarrassed he is and how sorry he is has been something to behold.

Crazy thing is, he's probably been in shut down since his appearance on Ch7 last night (I can't imagine one of our players would get that sort of opportunity to explain how much of a stupid dickhead they are) and any information coming to the media would be third hand at best.

Remi Moses
06-09-2015, 03:58 AM
Dermie reckons the public don't see what a great job Hodgey does off the field .
Not that any other footballer does decent acts off field and all