PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Finals from Overseas

FrediKanoute
08-09-2015, 02:21 AM
OK - I have been content to listen to most games this season and then watch a replay, but I am keen to watch the Elimination Final live. I could get BT Sport set up - but at £19.99 connection fee and then a 12 months subscription - for 1 game I am struggling to justify.

Has anyone used the AFL Streaming Service? I used it years ago (2006/7) and it was f*cken awful. I can't even begin to describe how painful it was and at £60 a year it was the worst money ever spent.

I can buy a weeks pass for £10 and I will probably do this, but I don't want to get mates over to watch and the have a fail in terms of how bad it is. Streaming the highlights off the website didn't fill me with confidence, but then we currently stream TV and Movies and through Sky I stream Live sport and it is generally "OK".

Has anyone ever used the AFL Pass streaming service?

KT31
08-09-2015, 09:47 AM
I recently relied on 'AFL Live while travelling in the States and Alaska, was worked great, it was a little slow in some parts but I put it down to being in more remote areas than the app.
One benefit though was I didn't have to pay for it as it was part of to my phone upgrade, but I'm positive they have overseas memberships, you may even be able to sign up for the two week free trail period a couple of days prior and test the stream.

bornadog
08-09-2015, 10:02 AM
I could get BT Sport set up - but at £19.99 connection fee and then a 12 months subscription - for 1 game I am struggling to justify.

One game ;)

Twodogs
08-09-2015, 11:23 AM
OK - I have been content to listen to most games this season and then watch a replay, but I am keen to watch the Elimination Final live. I could get BT Sport set up - but at £19.99 connection fee and then a 12 months subscription - for 1 game I am struggling to justify.

Has anyone used the AFL Streaming Service? I used it years ago (2006/7) and it was f*cken awful. I can't even begin to describe how painful it was and at £60 a year it was the worst money ever spent.

I can buy a weeks pass for £10 and I will probably do this, but I don't want to get mates over to watch and the have a fail in terms of how bad it is. Streaming the highlights off the website didn't fill me with confidence, but then we currently stream TV and Movies and through Sky I stream Live sport and it is generally "OK".

Has anyone ever used the AFL Pass streaming service?

It's going to be more than one game.

LostDoggy
08-09-2015, 03:14 PM
I leave for Newcastle, UK on Thursday morning so I'm in the same boat! Hopefully I'll be able to use my AFL app

FrediKanoute
08-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Thanks guys.... yes the one game was a bit pessimistic. Will go for the finals pack £30. It even includes the Brownlow!

jazzadogs
08-09-2015, 05:52 PM
AFL global pass has worked a treat for me...you can even download the matches onto your tablet or phone after watching! The quality is entirely reliant on the internet connection, but I haven't had any concerns.

I'm planning to do some research for a pub in London that will be showing the game...I'm a bit sick of lying in bed at 5am watching it on the iPad!! Are any other woofers over here?

FrediKanoute
08-09-2015, 09:07 PM
AFL global pass has worked a treat for me...you can even download the matches onto your tablet or phone after watching! The quality is entirely reliant on the internet connection, but I haven't had any concerns.

I'm planning to do some research for a pub in London that will be showing the game...I'm a bit sick of lying in bed at 5am watching it on the iPad!! Are any other woofers over here?

My cousin and I were going to head out to either the Walkie at Temple or another bar (name escapes me) around Great Portland Street. Problem is my wife has a course on Saturday mornings so I have to watch at home.

jazzadogs
09-09-2015, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the tips Fredi. I was hoping for something out Fulham way, but a quick Google hasn't found anything.

Have you ever been to Jetlag bar? The only guy who's shown any interest in coming with me is a crows supporter, so I might be better off watching it at home as well!