PDA

View Full Version : Interstate and cant make it - what will i do!

Throughandthrough
09-09-2015, 06:13 PM
I've got commitments in rAdelaide Saturday afternoon, but will definitely be home in the lounge (in Adelaide) watching the big match Saturday night.

Not sure what to do, I'm normally a social media tart and end up spending more time on twitter and fb reading comments about the match than watching the match while they are on.

Being in Adelaide the match is getting blanket coverage.

Basically, my plan is to turn OFF my ipad/iphone and laptop for the duration of the match.

WHEN we win I'm gonna post a simple message on facebook to tell everyone in Adellaide to get %&%%^*. Or maybe something more polite.

If we do the opposite of winning I'm gonna leave town.

OR there will be a match day thread on WOOF, I culd limit myself to reading and replying on that

What are other non-attendees doing?

#bemorebulldog

Twodogs
09-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Dunno.

LostDoggy
09-09-2015, 07:48 PM
I'm 90 mins north of Brisbane, so I sympathise with you.

I am trying to comfort myself with the notion that I will be there come hell or high water when we make the GF

azabob
09-09-2015, 08:39 PM
No offence fellow woof brothers and sisters, but i wouldn't recommend going on the woof match day thread during the game as it tends to be so negative and depressing!

LostDoggy
10-09-2015, 06:12 AM
I'm with you T&T, we just have to win this game. Cow ugly jumper bandwagon jumping, make the ball go the other way shouting, tea cosy knitting, why don't you go for an Adelaide team, I go for both Adelaide teams, the team for all with Australians, you painted your letterbox dickhead, Mark ruccuito opened another cafe, Adelaide media, Stephen Rowe, graham face like an old footy Cornes, bunch of twats.

Go_Dogs
10-09-2015, 08:16 AM
Must win game. I'm 0/3 for first week finals I've been to, but they were all QF so I'm hoping for a different outcome Saturday. Also have a few Crows friends coming along (and a number back in Adelaide) so a loss will baizcally be intolerable for 12 months.

Go Dogs.

whythelongface
10-09-2015, 12:19 PM

#bemorebulldog

Unfortunately prior committments preclude me from attending as well, thus will watch at home or see if there are other Sydneysiders that wish to watch the game at a local watering hole. Certainly will try not to log onto any social media site whilst the game is on (ok maybe at half time).

LostDoggy
10-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Stressed out all night about this game then got up, put my number 6 guernsey on and went to work.

All I need to worry about is finding out if I'm travelling to Perth or Melbourne next week.

Throughandthrough
10-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Stressed out all night about this game then got up, put my number 6 guernsey on and went to work.

All I need to worry about is finding out if I'm travelling to Perth or Melbourne next week.

I just realized that with no Adelaide teams in the finals after this weekend, flights to Melbourne for Grand Final day wont be over priced

Mantis
10-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Must win game. I'm 0/3 for first week finals I've been to.

Go Dogs.

I think I'm 3-8 for the 1st week finals attended.. We are ok at making finals, just not real good at winning them.

Hopefully that changes starting Saturday.

Ozza
10-09-2015, 05:32 PM
I think I'm 3-8 for the 1st week finals attended.. We are ok at making finals, just not real good at winning them.

Hopefully that changes starting Saturday.

Yep - same here Mantis.
On the plus side - we're 4-3 for the second week during that time!!

Throughandthrough
10-09-2015, 05:49 PM
I'm 0-2 for finals attended. #stayinghome

bornadog
10-09-2015, 06:00 PM
I have been to finals in 74,76,85,94,98,99, 06,08,09,10. Missed 92, 97 due to being overseas.

The only wins I have seen are 85 first semi, 98, 06, and the three wins in 08,09,10 second week only of course.

So as far as first final, only 06 and 98 and I missed the 92 and 97 ones. We have lost all other first finals in those above years.

My gut feeling is we will win and win well this Saturday. :)

Throughandthrough
11-09-2015, 09:14 AM
I'm 0-2 for finals attended. #stayinghome

correction, I'm 0 - 3

Murphy'sLore
11-09-2015, 11:43 AM
Confession -- this will be the first final I've attended in person. Clean record so far…!

I'm so excited.

bornadog
11-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Confession -- this will be the first final I've attended in person. Clean record so far…!

I'm so excited.
Lets get a win for you

KT31
11-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Not the best record for me, I haven't been to a final since the Hawks flogged us in 08 but my record from memory is very poor at 3 wins and 10 loses.

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 05:06 PM
By my calculations, I'm at 3-11 ouch. All Melb finals 76-97 and then the 2 late 90s Bris finals. Yuck.

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 07:54 PM
I've mixed feelings about this one......been to most finals and still having nightmares about 97, but we now live in northern NSW so not possible for me. I'm thinking perhaps you guys at the game will hear me yelling, especially if we are winning :)

bulldogtragic
11-09-2015, 08:01 PM
I've got commitments in rAdelaide Saturday afternoon, but will definitely be home in the lounge (in Adelaide) watching the big match Saturday night.

Not sure what to do, I'm normally a social media tart and end up spending more time on twitter and fb reading comments about the match than watching the match while they are on.

Being in Adelaide the match is getting blanket coverage.

Basically, my plan is to turn OFF my ipad/iphone and laptop for the duration of the match.

WHEN we win I'm gonna post a simple message on facebook to tell everyone in Adellaide to get %&%%^*. Or maybe something more polite.

If we do the opposite of winning I'm gonna leave town.

OR there will be a match day thread on WOOF, I culd limit myself to reading and replying on that

#bemorebulldog

Spending it on woof now, had to cancel. My 13yo pups bowel stopped working and the vets have picked tomorrow arvo/evening as the deadline to see whether medicine or surgery could fix it, or have a really average night. I hope all the finals goers have a ripping time and get the boys over the line so I can to the footy the next week maybe (carn wce).

Bulldog4life
11-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Spending it on woof now, had to cancel. My 13yo pups bowel stopped working and the vets have picked tomorrow arvo/evening as the deadline to see whether medicine or surgery could fix it, or have a really average night. I hope all the finals goers have a ripping time and get the boys over the line so I can to the footy the next week maybe (carn wce).

Hope all works out BT for your doggie and yourself

Twodogs
11-09-2015, 08:16 PM

Not good. Hope it works out BT and Tgat tomorrow night is a big night mate.

bulldogtragic
11-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Thanks lads. Baby sitting the pup at home watching a finals win sounds like a good outcome right about now.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-09-2015, 08:29 PM
My best wishes to you. We've experienced the full spectrum of highs with the birth of my daughter last Sunday, and the deepest of lows when we made the heart-wrenching decision this morning to put our 11 yr old Maltese-Shihtzu down. He had a debilitating back injury and after 2 weeks of being in agony and not responding to treatment we decided we couldn't let him continue to suffer. Saddest day for us in a very long time.
i really hope things have a happier resolution.

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 08:50 PM
My best wishes to you. We've experienced the full spectrum of highs with the birth of my daughter last Sunday, and the deepest of lows when we made the heart-wrenching decision this morning to put our 11 yr old Maltese-Shihtzu down. He had a debilitating back injury and after 2 weeks of being in agony and not responding to treatment we decided we couldn't let him continue to suffer. Saddest day for us in a very long time.

Congratulations and condolences YHF. Life tends to be a great leveller, but I'm sure that high will long, long outlast the low.

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Sorry o hear that Bulldogtragic, thinking of you and hope it all works out for you

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 09:42 PM

So sorry to hear this YHF, so hard to say goodbye to a loved family member. Thoughts are with you and your family xx

The Adelaide Connection
09-09-2016, 02:52 AM
Hi, does anyone know what time the team are flying in tomorrow? I am flying over in the morning and thought I would hang around a little if it going to be around my flight.

I know this doesnt really belong here, but it was the closest match I could find (and I didn't think it warranted opening a new thread).

Cheers.

azabob
09-09-2016, 07:55 AM
Hi, does anyone know what time the team are flying in tomorrow? I am flying over in the morning and thought I would hang around a little if it going to be around my flight.

I know this doesnt really belong here, but it was the closest match I could find (and I didn't think it warranted opening a new thread).

Cheers.

Check Beveridge pressa, he mentioned they were leaving around lunch time, i think.

They fly Virgin dont they?

Ghost Dog
09-09-2016, 09:07 AM
A few dogs supporters having pet woes, sorry to hear it guys.
I'm abroad, again in a place foreign to AFL and limited to internet coverage. Sucks, but what can you do.