PDA

View Full Version : Who are you looking forward to seeing most?

The Bulldogs Bite
11-09-2015, 02:47 PM
We're all looking forward to seeing Jakey Stringer running out onto the hallowed MCG turf in his first final, dreaming of what he may do - and we're not alone - the media/radio stations have been harping on about it all week.

But who are YOU looking forward to seeing?

Stringer aside, my massive man crush for Bontempelli may reach a new level if he drags us over the line tomorrow night. Love that he is such a big moment player - in fact, in just about all our big moments this season he's been involved. Whether it's crucial goals (ie. v Sydney) or sublime passages of play (ie. v North) Bonti rises to the occasion and it's something we've lacked in finals previously.

Stringer/Bonti are of course the obvious ones, but I'm also looking forward to seeing Dahlhaus go to work. Kicking at goal issues aside, he's an absolute terrier and plays with so much heart. I can't wait to see him represent the Red, White & Blue on the big stage. His manic desperation style will translate well to finals, his ability to work himself into the ground, pressure the opposition, dive into packs and then work hard offensively will be pivotal to our success.

With just over 24 hours to go, what's yours?

Bulldog4life
11-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Actually I am looking forward to seeing big Jack batter and bruise a few opponents. Listening to him this week he is like a little kid in a lolly shop. Like to see Jack throw his weight around the forward line letting our guns down there do what they do with ease. Then to bash and crash into Jacobs would be the icing on the cake. Go Big Jack do your stuff son.

ratsmac
11-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Will Minson - I want to see him answer his critics with a big game. I want to see the all australian ruckman again.

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Bonts the obvious one, like Jake he just seems made for the big stage.

There are so many who look like they could take a huge step here.

Arguaby, the player with the most say in the outcome is Wallis. If he controls the clearances, he will show himself to the wider football community to be the gilt edged A-grader we know him as already.

bornadog
11-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Bob Murphy leading the team to victory

Eastdog
11-09-2015, 03:11 PM
- Looking forward to seeing how Minson goes.

- Looking forward to our mids Wallis, Bonts, Hunter, Dahl etc tear it up.

- Would love to see a great partnership between Stringer and Crameri up forward

- Im guys like Easton Wood and Joel Hamling have a great games.

Mantis
11-09-2015, 03:43 PM
As much as I'm salivating at watching Stringer & the Bont go about their work I'm going to give the shit boring response and say the team.

There is a different feeling with this group and I'm just really keen to see how we go in our first foray on the big stage.. Whilst the 'old guard' have some bitter memories from this time of the year the rest of the group is raw and can attack the game with all it has.

Can't wait to see how we go.

Happy Days
11-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Looking forward to seeing the two Kyles, Hartigan and Cheney, strutting (?) their stuff against our forward line.

Greystache
11-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Looking forward to seeing the two Kyles, Hartigan and Cheney, struggling (?) their stuff against our forward line.

EFA. Damn autocorrect!

Go_Dogs
11-09-2015, 06:28 PM
There are a number of players I'm looking forward to seeing, but I think the two that spring to mind are:

Wallis - Has carried this side at times with his inside work, ability to win a crucial contest, take a big overhead mark and convert with an excellent finish. There's no questioning his intent and loyalty to this great club, and how much it means to him and his family. He's a bloke who is going to relish the fierce, competitive nature of September and cement himself as a big game, big moment player.

Macrae - He has almost become an unheralded player in the back half of the season, where his inside work is now some of the best in our side. Given we have no Liberatore, no Stevens, Macrae having a good game on the inside and preventing the Crows is going to be very important. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he deals with the occasion and whether he can stamp himself as an inside-out midfielder who is comfortable leading this team.

AndrewP6
11-09-2015, 07:34 PM
I thought for a moment this thread was about the GF pre match "entertainment"...

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 07:43 PM
I'm looking forward to my team winning on the big stage and hearing that Jake 'the package', the Bont, and Wallis had the ball on a string, that Easton took 15 goal saving marks, big Wil hit his straps.........oh, I could go on and on! Go Dogs!!

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Actually I am looking forward to seeing big Jack batter and bruise a few opponents. Listening to him this week he is like a little kid in a lolly shop. Like to see Jack throw his weight around the forward line letting our guns down there do what they do with ease. Then to bash and crash into Jacobs would be the icing on the cake. Go Big Jack do your stuff son.

I want to see Jack put on a few Mancrushe's.
Release the wrecking ball!

chef
11-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Easily The Package. He is made for September.