PDA

View Full Version : AFL Finals 2015 Discussion Thread

Eastdog
11-09-2015, 03:15 PM
This thread is for all discussion of the finals between weeks 1 and weeks 3. Will most likely start a new thread for the GF.

Finals Week 1

Date Home vs Away Venue Local AEST TV

Sep 11 West Coast vs Hawthorn Domain Stadium 18:20 20:20 Seven

Sep 12 Fremantle vs Sydney Domain Stadium 13:20 15:20 Seven

Sep 12 Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide MCG 19:20 19:20 Seven

Sep 13 Richmond vs North Melbourne MCG 15:20 15:20 Seven

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Weather forecast hasn't improved for Perth. 95% chance of rain, increasing through the evening. 25-40 kph winds.

Nice.

bornadog
11-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Weather forecast hasn't improved for Perth. 95% chance of rain, increasing through the evening. 25-40 kph winds.

Nice.

Last time they played there were similar conditions

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 07:44 PM
When we CRUSH THE BLOWS,think we are a big chance against the loser of tonight's game with the hard slog that both teams are facing.
Heavy legs and tired bodies would all go well for us to run either team ragged next week.

SlimPickens
11-09-2015, 08:41 PM
Priddis out. Massive out for the Eagles.

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 09:28 PM
Haw/WCE fierce early as expected but where's the rain??

SlimPickens
11-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Haw/WCE fierce early as expected but where's the rain??

Saying around half time.

SlimPickens
11-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Geez west coast get the rub of the green from the umpires at home.

Webby
11-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Hawthorn look like they've all gorged themselves on Crunchy bars and vomited them all over themselves..

SlimPickens
11-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Hawthorn look like they've all gorged themselves on Crunchy bars and vomited them all over themselves..

Why the bloody hell are they wearing a blue and black jumper ;)?

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 09:52 PM
I was thinking those jerseys would make great Eurovision outfits

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Hawks R Cooked!!!;)

Mantis
11-09-2015, 10:20 PM
The Hawks are looking old.. Just hurried when in possession and can't make ground on the counter.

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 10:23 PM
I can see the headlines now.
"Clarko's Hawks out in straight sets to understudies Simpson and Bevo"
:o

Sedat
11-09-2015, 10:32 PM
The Hawks are looking old.. Just hurried when in possession and can't make ground on the counter.
They look shot. And Frawley is a spud of the highest order - Lake will surely get another 12 months.

West Coke are killing them on the spread.

bulldogtragic
11-09-2015, 10:34 PM
They look shot. And Frawley is a spud of the highest order - Lake will surely get another 12 months.

Hawks need a fall guy and I think Frawley is doing enough of SFA to be that guy.

azabob
11-09-2015, 10:38 PM

Gee Sedat, you made need a Valium next week if all goes to plan.

Dogs v Hawks

Out Frawley

In Spangher

Sedat
11-09-2015, 10:45 PM
In Spangher
Dress rehearsal for the Dogs next year :)

Remi Moses
11-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Just digressing
Craig Bellamy is a genius

merantau
11-09-2015, 10:48 PM
I want to see a brutal second half. Surely Hawthorn must lift and, if they do, a really torrid last quarter slug-out is on the cards.

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 10:52 PM
Hawks need a fall guy and I think Frawley is doing enough of SFA to be that guy.

I hope they do blame a fall guy.

Frawley Lake Gibson McEvoy Hale Hodge Mitchell Burgoyne Puopolo Lewis Roughy

Individually, mostly good players. Collectively, Old and slow.

Remi Moses
11-09-2015, 11:35 PM
West Coast's pressure in the 1st half was brilliant .

bornadog
11-09-2015, 11:52 PM
I still have a soft spot for Hill.

FrediKanoute
11-09-2015, 11:57 PM
Did Gunston do a knee for the hawks? Didn't look great on the feed?

bornadog
12-09-2015, 12:00 AM
Did Gunston do a knee for the hawks? Didn't look great on the feed?

Doesn't look good. I thought it was a calf but looks like ice pack on the knee

Sedat
12-09-2015, 12:05 AM
Scoreboard flattered Hawthorn. They were smashed tonight. West Coke the clear flag favourite now - they were awesome tonight with their team defence and quick transition out of Hawthorn's forward 50. The only team who could beat them in the PF is Freo if they lose tomorrow - Richmond, Norf and Swans (if they lose tomorrow) will get smashed by them in a PF.

Remi Moses
12-09-2015, 12:07 AM
Thought West Coast were outstanding, and hawthorn looked old .
I think Brian's Career maybe over, and hawthorns disposal effiency was just terrible .
Priddis and Masten to come in as well

comrade
12-09-2015, 12:12 AM
Geez, if we can win tomorrow night, we'd have to be a massive show next week if Hawthorn bring that sort of performance. Plenty of injuries to key players, too.

The dream is alive.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-09-2015, 12:16 AM
Geez, if we can win tomorrow night, we'd have to be a massive show next week if Hawthorn bring that sort of performance. Plenty of injuries to key players, too.

The dream is alive.

Yep. It's exciting to think about if we can get over Adelaide tomorrow night.

FrediKanoute
12-09-2015, 12:30 AM

The dream is alive.

One day at a time.....one day at a time

Twodogs
12-09-2015, 12:37 AM
Yep. Let's concentrate on getting over Adelaide.

Ghost Dog
12-09-2015, 12:46 AM
That Power rangers jumper is their kryptonite.

Sedat
12-09-2015, 12:49 AM
I think Brian's Career maybe over, and hawthorns disposal effiency was just terrible
I though Lake was terrific in the first half and saved Hawthorn on a number of occasions. They biggest problem was finding somewhere to hide Frawley - Box Hill would be my suggestion.

FrediKanoute
12-09-2015, 12:57 AM
I though Lake was terrific in the first half and saved Hawthorn on a number of occasions. They biggest problem was finding somewhere to hide Frawley - Box Hill would be my suggestion.

Frawley - overrated....how Melbourne got a 1st rounder for him are beyond me.

It suggests that Kruezer - despite being a #1 should in no way be worth a round 1 compo. On that basis Ayce Cordy is as well!

LostDoggy
12-09-2015, 01:11 AM
Basically, Melbourne got 1st rounder because Hawthorn way overpaid (and the league were probably generous in their application of the rules).

Clarkson said in presser he wasn't sure but probably an ankle for Gunston. Thought he would struggle to get up for next week.

Sedat
12-09-2015, 01:33 AM
Frawley is a big issue for Hawthorn - he still has 3 years to run on a very expensive contract and is nowhere near commanding the key defensive post for them. Playing him forward is admitting that he has been a failure as a key defender this year.

Remi Moses
12-09-2015, 01:49 AM
Just listening to Tim Gossage.
Tim, we Victorians don't care for this state of origin style sticking to you Vics.
If it's West coast v Freo, it will be one rough and ready GF.

LostDoggy
12-09-2015, 01:50 AM
Frawley is a big issue for Hawthorn - he still has 3 years to run on a very expensive contract and is nowhere near commanding the key defensive post for them. Playing him forward is admitting that he has been a failure as a key defender this year.

Agreed, particularly when their other key backs, Lake and Gibson, are getting near the end. Hawthorn's list actually has a number of issues.

jeemak
12-09-2015, 03:07 AM
He's not a defender that fits into a team defensive structure. He made his name defending in a basket case side where teams ran it into their defensive zone and banged goals from 30-40 out time and again.

He'll learn and be better next year. He's not the first high prized recruit to take time to adjust, and he's definitely no spud.

Remi Moses
12-09-2015, 03:58 AM
I think Frawley's a reasonable good defender.
Missed a lot of footy as well, but there back 6 look ageing .

Remi Moses
12-09-2015, 04:01 AM
Agreed, particularly when their other key backs, Lake and Gibson, are getting near the end. Hawthorn's list actually has a number of issues.

Given them great service, and I'll be interested in their "always Hawthorn" supporter base copes with their descent down the ladder.
If history is any guide they'll desert the sinking ship

comrade
12-09-2015, 06:58 AM
Given them great service, and I'll be interested in their "always Hawthorn" supporter base copes with their descent down the ladder.

Free Agency will need to keep them afloat, as the genuine A-grade caliber stars don't seem to be coming through to replace Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Roughead, Lake etc

Twodogs
12-09-2015, 07:19 AM

And be begging another club to merge with them within 8 years of their last flag.

Twodogs
12-09-2015, 07:21 AM
Just listening to Tim Gossage.
Tim, we Victorians don't care for this state of origin style sticking to you Vics.
If it's West coast v Freo, it will be one rough and ready GF.

Yeah. What do I care that Hawthorn lost?

We hate our neighbours far more than any interstate club.

jeemak
12-09-2015, 07:58 AM
If we manage to get through to next week nothing would make me happier than pushing the Hawks and their self entitled wanker supporters to their limit.

I've noted their hubris this year and it's getting the better of them. They remind me of Brisbane 2004, individual players with careers winding down and not knowing how to handle it.

chef
12-09-2015, 08:15 AM
I still have a soft spot for Hill.

Me too, I'm happy for him.

anfo27
12-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Is it just me or does Xavier Ellis look like a young Brendan McCartney?

Sedat
12-09-2015, 04:52 PM
Wow, that was a brutal 1st quarter of football. Freo players look like they've been fed nothing but red meat all week. Swans did well to handle the barrage of pressure but they butchered so many easy goals.

Remi Moses
12-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Freo been saving themselves for this, but Sydney not hitting the scoreboard with the wind

Sedat
12-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Freo been saving themselves for this, but Sydney not hitting the scoreboard with the wind
Yep, Sydney's misses have been so costly. Other than that, they've done really well to stem the tide this qtr.

Remi Moses
12-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Sydney still in this, Reid injury massive .
Wonder if Buddy will be back next week

bulldogtragic
12-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Jetta doing his normal feats of invisibility in finals matches.

bulldogtragic
12-09-2015, 06:48 PM
I'd hate to be a Sydney bandwagoner. Pissed away a home prelim and nearly certain GF spot, they should be absolutely gutted by this loss.

Sedat
13-09-2015, 01:55 AM
I'd hate to be a Sydney bandwagoner. Pissed away a home prelim and nearly certain GF spot, they should be absolutely gutted by this loss.
I know how they feel :(

Sydney were quite magnificent today - no Buddy, no Reid, no Parker, no Jack, no Nick Smith. And yet they dominated a well rested Freo on their home deck for 3 qtrs, only to fritter away their opportunities in front of goal. Kennedy and Hannebery were massive. Even Tippett paid his way today. They are struggling with injuries but I still think they'll beat Norf or Richmond next week.

Remi Moses
13-09-2015, 02:42 AM
Sydney will knock over Richmond or Norf next week.
They (like us) should have won that game

The Bulldogs Bite
13-09-2015, 02:47 AM
Have to be up in a few hours to work the Rich/Norf game.

Last thing I wanna do after last night.

bornadog
13-09-2015, 11:05 AM
Have to be up in a few hours to work the Rich/Norf game.

Last thing I wanna do after last night.

Hope you enjoy meeting all the wankers.:D

Hotdog60
13-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Footy season for 2015 finished last night.
I may take in the GF but interest is fairly low.

Remi Moses
13-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Just having the radio on you'd swear Richmond were the only club playing this game .

bulldogtragic
13-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Scary similarities, north 10 more shots and all behinds. Gave up a crucial red time goal at three quarter time...

Rocket Science
13-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Richmond's fate helping me feel a teeny, weeny bit better about things...

bulldogsthru&thru
13-09-2015, 07:16 PM
So does north winning now mean we finish 8th in terms of draft picks and draw next year?

bulldogtragic
13-09-2015, 07:17 PM
So does north winning now mean we finish 8th in terms of draft picks and draw next year?

Pick 11 before compo's to anyone. Middle tier in draw challenges.

bulldogsthru&thru
13-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Pick 11 before compo's to anyone. Middle tier in draw challenges.

Thanks. A consolation of sorts I guess

bulldogtragic
13-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Thanks. A consolation of sorts I guess

Silver lining, yep.

Ghost Dog
13-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Would it have been lower if Tigers had won?

comrade
13-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Would it have been lower if Tigers had won?

No, North would have finished the season 8th. As it stands, we will finish 8th, Tigers 7th.

merantau
13-09-2015, 07:59 PM
Football for me is over for a few months. Being an atheist I think of it being akin to a highly religious person getting an email saying: "God has gone on holiday and will NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS."

Sedat
13-09-2015, 11:14 PM
Wow that was a dreadful performance by Richmond's senior players today. Cotchin, Deledio and Chaplin especially were liabilities. For them to be smashed by almost 40 in CP's is a savage indictment on their willingness to get down and dirty, especially considering Norf laid far more tackles. Richmond really are at the crossroads.

Bulldog4life
13-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Losing 3 Eliminations in a row must be a worry for Richmond
Poor Kevin Barlett:)

The Bulldogs Bite
13-09-2015, 11:50 PM
At least we can say we aren't Richmond.

That must really, really hurt them. Cotchin especially with just 9 touches, Riewoldt looked devastated too. Footy's a cruel game for some of us.

Remi Moses
14-09-2015, 12:28 AM
Losing 3 Eliminations in a row must be a worry for Richmond
Poor Kevin Barlett:)

Old man KB said the tiges were the second best team in it a while back:rolleyes:
Clearly a seniors moment.
Cotchin Deledio and their senior players were pathetic.
I thought leaving Batchelor on Waite for to long was costly, but North just had to much grunt for the tiges.
Honestly that first half of last week showed North had Richmonds measure, and added in the " Deer in the headlights" look about the Tiges after half time, it's not surprising they got rolled .
Fair play to Harvey ( a germ of a bloke ) he was pivotal in victory.
Massive question mark on Hardwick now

comrade
14-09-2015, 08:34 AM
How a team with players like Batchelor, Grigg, Houli, Hunt, Lambert, Conca, McIntosh etc could ever be seriously considered a threat is beyond me.

They're like a poor man's version of the late 2000s St Kilda. Top dozen are good, the rest are just list cloggers.

Mantis
14-09-2015, 09:11 AM
How a team with players like Batchelor, Grigg, Houli, Hunt, Lambert, Conca, McIntosh etc could ever be seriously considered a threat is beyond me.

They're like a poor man's version of the late 2000s St Kilda. Top dozen are good, the rest are just list cloggers.

Agree and when more than half of their top liners (Cotchin, Edwards, Ellis, Lids, etc) don't perform you get a performance like that.

azabob
14-09-2015, 09:56 AM
I thought Martin was also very poor. May have got a bit of the footy but didn't impact the game at all.

Sedat
14-09-2015, 10:55 AM
If they were any more of a poor man's late 2000's St Kilda, they'd be standing on the street with a cup in their hand. That St Kilda team might have had plonkers like Brett Peake, Robert Eddy and Andrew McQualter, but their best 10-12 players were top-shelf elite (as we only know too well from experience).

Richmond's list management decisions have been puzzling in the last couple of years. Actually they have been not dissimilar to some of our decisions in 2009-10. There are so many players in that team who have questions marks on them - there are simply too many holes on their list for them to contend with the current core. They might have to bite the bullet and clear out some of the mid-age dead wood, and take a step back to go 2 steps forward. Does Richmond have the bottle to make that tough call?

It was really the perfect result yesterday. Norf will feel vindicated by their off-season topping up decisions and think they are closer to a flag than they really are - the reality is that their best player yesterday was a 37yo 400 gamer (he was awesome by the way). They might even load up on another couple of older types before it all comes crashing down next year when Dad's army all retire en masse.

LostDoggy
14-09-2015, 11:10 AM
How do people see next weeks matches - Haw v Ad @ MCG and Syd v NM @ Sydney?

On the one hand Haw & Syd are looking decidedly beaten up, old and slow, on the other they are the proven finals pros.

In the 2nd week of finals a lot of years, people get excited by the elimination final winners, but usually it's the top 4 teams who prevail.

Webby
14-09-2015, 11:21 AM
I think Adelaide will run Hawthorn pretty close and that Sydney will touch Norf up.

Sedat
14-09-2015, 11:25 AM
How do people see next weeks matches - Haw v Ad @ MCG and Syd v NM @ Sydney?

On the one hand Haw & Syd are looking decidedly beaten up, old and slow, on the other they are the proven finals pros.

In the 2nd week of finals a lot of years, people get excited by the elimination final winners, but usually it's the top 4 teams who prevail.
Reckon Hawthorn and Sydney are good things next week. Adelaide were ruthlessly efficient against us but they still conceded 65 inside 50's - if they do that next week they will lose by 10 goals. They will have to smash Hawthorn in the rucks and clearances to have any chance of getting close. They were also smashed on the spread against us, which is generally an area of strength for Hawthorn (although Smith is injured and Brad Hill is in horrible form). Hawks have sufficient defensive cover to keep Adelaide's tall forwards under control, but Betts and Cameron might pose a problem or two for their small defenders. Hawks by 4-6 goals easing up is my prediction.

Swans were exceptionally good against Freo in a hostile away environment - their engine room (Kennedy and Hanneberry in particular) have raised their game to even higher levels, if it was at all possible. Tom Mitchell has stood up too. I doubt very much that Jacobs will be able to do a shut-down job on a Kennedy or Hanneberry that he was able to do on Cotchin yesterday. Their defenders suddenly became reliable one-on-one again - guys like Richards and Grundy have looked vulnerable at times this year but they were great on Saturday. Tippett really stepped up for them both in the ruck and up forward, and he'll need to again next week. Even with no Franklin, Reid, Jack, Parker and Smith, Norf simply don't have enough talent to trouble the top 4 teams in September. Sydney hardly give their depth players much of a chance but the likes of Dean Towers showed plenty when given the opportunity. Swans by 3-5 goals for me.

Remi Moses
14-09-2015, 03:15 PM
If North load up with the same back six, look to Sydney having a smaller mobile front half Saturday night.

Happy Days
14-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Gotta say, Jarrad Waite might be an incredulous brain-dead knob, but jeez he knows when to turn up.

comrade
14-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Gotta say, Jarrad Waite might be an incredulous brain-dead knob, but jeez he knows when to turn up.

Speaks like a cretin but can take a grab.

Sedat
15-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Speaks like a cretin but can take a grab.
Sounds like the Duck, whose ability to take a strong 'grab' was as consistent in the front of nightclubs in the wee small hours of the morning as it was on the footy field ;)

Happy Days
15-09-2015, 01:45 PM
Sounds like the Duck, whose ability to take a strong 'grab' was as consistent in the front of nightclubs in the wee small hours of the morning as it was on the footy field ;)

I wonder if the prosecutors in the US brought up his contested marking stats as evidence as to why he should be able to hold on to a wine glass?

BornInDroopSt'54
18-09-2015, 03:22 PM
The granny this year is up for grabs. Pity we couldn't get across the line last week, we may have been able to pinch one against the odds.

Murphy'sLore
18-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Thanks BIDS54. I feel so much better now :(

1eyedog
18-09-2015, 03:52 PM
The granny this year is up for grabs. Pity we couldn't get across the line last week, we may have been able to pinch one against the odds.

Well that's just great.

Remi Moses
18-09-2015, 03:56 PM
I don't think we were any chance to be honest.
Bring that lack of defensive pressure in the first half, and we'd be murdered by Hawthorn .

chef
18-09-2015, 06:31 PM
I don't think we were any chance to be honest.
Bring that lack of defensive pressure in the first half, and we'd be murdered by Hawthorn .

Yep, it would have been nice to snag a final but we weren't winning the flag this season.

Sedat
18-09-2015, 09:30 PM
I'm more pissed off now than I was last week. Adelaide are nothing more than a middle of the road team and we made them look like millionaires.

Betts zero possessions - amazing what having an opponent can do.

The Underdog
18-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Hawks slaughtering the Crows at this point. Total lack of pressure from the Crows. Hawks look like they brought their own footy

Murphy'sLore
18-09-2015, 09:32 PM
I hate Hawthorn.

bulldogtragic
18-09-2015, 09:34 PM
Not sure how I'd feel if it were us 64-14 right now. I'd probably be in the car park taking advantage of a quick exit.

chef
18-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Not sure how I'd feel if it were us 64-14 right now. I'd probably be in the car park taking advantage of a quick exit.

May be better preseason wise going out like we did rather than getting destroyed by the Hawks.

lemmon
18-09-2015, 09:43 PM
I'd like to think we wouldn't allow to have three Hawks lining up in the middle at the very least

1eyedog
18-09-2015, 10:03 PM
May be better preseason wise going out like we did rather than getting destroyed by the Hawks.

Was thinking the same thing. We're not ready yet, but we're close.

Remi Moses
18-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Lack of pressure from the Ravens, and it's a difficult gig for a small forward when he's under pressure like Betts is.
Noticed hawthorn have pushed back hard to help their defenders as well.

jeemak
18-09-2015, 10:25 PM
Lack of pressure from the Ravens, and it's a difficult gig for a small forward when he's under pressure like Betts is.
Noticed hawthorn have pushed back hard to help their defenders as well.

It's amazing what team defence can do for a side. Ours was pretty ordinary for much of the game last week and we let them take advantage of us and get their tails up.

Hawthorn are closing out the MCG perfectly.

Twodogs
18-09-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm more pissed off now than I was last week. Adelaide are nothing more than a middle of the road team and we made them look like millionaires.

Yep. It's frustrating watching the lack of almost everything they bought last week.

Dry Rot
19-09-2015, 12:29 AM
How would we have gone v Hawks tonight?

Dry Rot
19-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Yep. It's frustrating watching the lack of almost everything they bought last week.

Saw them v Swans @ the SCG. They were utter crap that night on every level.

Seem very inconsistent.

The Underdog
19-09-2015, 12:32 AM
How would we have gone v Hawks tonight?

I'd imagine we'd have been beaten by 40-50 points. We'd have been better than the Crows but I can't see we'd have got close to the Hawks in that sort of form.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-09-2015, 12:43 AM

Yep - Hawthorn showing us how average Adelaide are when you actually apply some defensive pressure. A notion that we took on board earlier in the year, but for whatever reason, failed to grasp last week.

Still not sure who to blame re: Betts playing by himself. Morris? Coaching? Either way it was damn ridiculous.

ledge
19-09-2015, 01:16 AM
Yep - Hawthorn showing us how average Adelaide are when you actually apply some defensive pressure. A notion that we took on board earlier in the year, but for whatever reason, failed to grasp last week.

Still not sure who to blame re: Betts playing by himself. Morris? Coaching? Either way it was damn ridiculous.

I don't blame anyone, we thought we could beat them in a shoot out and should have, we missed goals we should have got and stuffed up when we had the chance in other areas.
A young side on the big stage a good experience and sometimes you learn more losing than winning.
I am every proud how our team Didnt get over roared by finals football and went for it.
I love the idea of score and win, back yourself and instincts than the defensive style of players trying to change their natural instinct and losing total confidence, not enjoying the game and ending up
Like Melbourne.

Sedat
19-09-2015, 01:36 AM

The only saving grace for me is that tonight shows we are still a long way from the top 4, and losing in week 1 of the finals will not give us a false sense of where we currently are, which a week 2 loss or a PF appearance might do.

We know we are miles off the top 4 pace and have an enormous amount of hard work to do to get to that level in the future.

comrade
19-09-2015, 09:36 AM
A stinging, heart wrenching loss in a game we were in for 100% of the time or a demoralising flogging at the hands of a brutal, mature team. Which would you rather have in the back of your mind as you take on pre-season?

1eyedog
19-09-2015, 10:17 AM
A stinging, heart wrenching loss in a game we were in for 100% of the time or a demoralising flogging at the hands of a brutal, mature team. Which would you rather have in the back of your mind as you take on pre-season?

I'm happy where we're at but there's just this niggling thought in the back of my head that keeps saying what if we brought our best against Hawthorn. What if goes hand in hand with our finals experiences unfortunately.

What is super annoying right now is that Hawthorn have been up and about every since they won that GF in 08. It's sickening.

Sedat
19-09-2015, 10:35 AM
You take the extra game's experience at the MCG in a final every day of the week.

1eyedog
19-09-2015, 11:02 AM
A blowout against the Hawks would have at least given us the balance of where we are and where we need to be. Not sure if that is the right lessson though yet with such a young team. But yes you of course take the extra final.

Happy Days
19-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Nah I'm preeeeeety sure we would have smashed them.

Rocket Science
19-09-2015, 08:50 PM
C'mon Bloods...if only for the lulz from Brad Scott's parade of emoji expressions.

SlimPickens
19-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Apparently Luke McDonald was a late inclusion ��. This commentary is bloody awful!

bulldogtragic
19-09-2015, 09:29 PM
I must be stupid. I don't see a back to back pre-lim final team, but they're that potentially soon. How do they do it? I just don't understand how their list has done it.

azabob
19-09-2015, 09:30 PM
I must be stupid. I don't see a back to back pre-lim final team, but they're that potentially soon. How do they do it? I just don't understand how their list has done it.

Still a false dawn though. Cannot see them getting near West Coast.

lemmon
19-09-2015, 09:54 PM
I've always thought of Cunnington as an honest plodder but I'd love him in our side. Easily North's best player

The Underdog
19-09-2015, 09:58 PM
The Swans have been awful but man Heeney is going to be a ripper.

azabob
19-09-2015, 10:23 PM
I've always thought of Cunnington as an honest plodder but I'd love him in our side. Easily North's best player

What does he offer?

Tippet should come to the Whitten Oval.

bulldogtragic
19-09-2015, 10:24 PM
Jetta with another feat of invisibility.

The Underdog
19-09-2015, 10:31 PM
Man I'll be barracking hard for West Coast next week

azabob
19-09-2015, 10:31 PM
Apparently Luke McDonald was a late inclusion ��. This commentary is bloody awful!

Not sure if the game or commentary is worse.

jeemak
19-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Rowan and Petrie clash was a big one.

I don't see how they could both exit the ground on their feet after that.

hujsh
19-09-2015, 10:41 PM
Sydney doing their part to ensure North get stuck with Scott a while longer.

They've had a good finals campaign but they'd be disappointed with the H&A season which I suspect is the true indicator of their list's position.

Remi Moses
19-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Gee Sydney looked cooked.
The result flattered them, and fair play to Norf .
Pretty good time to get Sydney to be honest, and you'd imagine West Coast would win next week.
Lewis Jetta's checked out.

Sedat
20-09-2015, 12:16 AM
That was crap game for the neutrals. Stoppage after stoppage. Scrubby kicks out of congestion to no-one in particular. Rinse and repeat.

And the commentary was even more pitiful than the game, but that was no surprise.

LostDoggy
20-09-2015, 12:42 AM

Cunnington is just about the most underrated player in the comp. Would walk into any team but hardly anyone recognises him.

Twodogs
20-09-2015, 02:20 AM
What does he offer?

Tippet should come to the Whitten Oval.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one thinking that Tippet would be handy for us. Sydney might be amenable to the idea.

When he and Buddy play together they seem to get in each other's way a lot. I think it's hard to see both of them in the same forward line. Maybe it would be better for the player and the Swans if Tippet moved on. Theyd have to pay some of his salary.

Cunnington is just about the most underrated player in the comp. Would walk into any team but hardly anyone recognises him.

boydogs
20-09-2015, 02:58 AM
When he and Buddy play together they seem to get in each other's way a lot

There was a rumour Buddy's absence has something to do with not getting along with Tippett. Grain of salt etc. but it's possible one of the two may shift clubs if accurate

hujsh
20-09-2015, 05:11 AM
There was a rumour Buddy's absence has something to do with not getting along with Tippett. Grain of salt etc. but it's possible one of the two may shift clubs if accurate

Heard it was worse than not getting along. Won't post the rumour or hint at it since I'm sure it would be deleted but keep in mind the source is someone knows someone who's friends a former AFL player's wife and the former player isn't involved at the Swans but is at another AFL club.

So it's a pretty great source

However if the rumour's true there's no way they'll play together again

ledge
20-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Heard it was worse than not getting along. Won't post the rumour or hint at it since I'm sure it would be deleted but keep in mind the source is someone knows someone who's friends a former AFL player's wife and the former player isn't involved at the Swans but is at another AFL club.

So it's a pretty great source

However if the rumour's true there's no way they'll play together again

Well whatever the rumour is it doesn't seem to have effected Tippet he is playing okay.

Go_Dogs
20-09-2015, 09:16 AM
Injuries caught up with Sydney, as did a lack of viable options to score goals. They were robbing themselves by needing to play Tippett in the ruck when he was the only forward who looked capable of taking a mark.

When you add back Franklin, Parker and Jack x 2, suddenly they have a lot more going for them. They're in need of a genuine ruck who can rest forward, another key defender and some outside pace.

North are surprising. I didn't think they'd make it as far as they have. Credit where it's due, Waite and Higgins have both really delivered for them this year and are having strong finals series. Whilst they have a workman like midfield, it's proving capable of grinding out finals wins.

I don't think they have the outside pace and defensive nous to beat WC, but their forward line will be a huge challenge for the undermanned WC defence. It could actually be a very good game, particularly if Goldy can limit NN's influence around the contest.

Should be two cracking finals next week.

ledge
20-09-2015, 10:14 AM
A lot of nth supporters hate their coach, been whinging a lot all year, now it's a prelim I wonder what their thoughts are now?
In saying that I can't see them beating WC and as much as they might say that's why he has to go, I'm not sure any teams can beat WC the way it's panning out.

jeemak
20-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Certainly not WCE in Perth ledge, I agree.

The bottom four of the eight were all capable of beating each other, and with Sydney's injuries/outs through the middle and up forward they were ripe for the taking last night and easily the preferred semi final opponent of the top four sides. Full credit to Norf and their coach they got it done through grinding an undermanned midfield into submission.

I can see a big win to WCE coming up if their midfield can get on top early. Norf's tall forwards may challenge, though a week or so ago we thought the WCE defenders were going to be up against it with a strong Hawthorn forward line to contend with and it didn't seem to matter.

comrade
20-09-2015, 11:56 AM
I would LOVE West Coast to flog the Roos, meaning they've yet again fallen short but have progressed far enough to extend Scott's contract.

Perfect result.

Rocco Jones
20-09-2015, 03:26 PM

You're right. But the reality is, even if we are better than them, it's not by much. We are 1-6 from our last 7 games away from Etihad Stadium. Even more damning is that 5 of the 7 games were against non-finalists.

whythelongface
20-09-2015, 09:22 PM
That was crap game for the neutrals. Stoppage after stoppage. Scrubby kicks out of congestion to no-one in particular. Rinse and repeat.

And the commentary was even more pitiful than the game, but that was no surprise.

It was an extremely ordinary game. As much as I dislike Norf, I detest the Swans and what they offer the game, thus I am glad they are gone and on a downward spiral.

As for the Swans supporters. Talk about fair weather. 31K on a coolish but clear Sydney night. Very poor showing.

The bulldog tragician
20-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Watching this game I realised why the footy world loves our style of play. It was a slow plodding grinding snore fest. the number of times players did slow chains of handballs backwards instead of taking the time made me continually look for a JJ to run past or Murph to find the corridor.

Sydney look like their era is over, both their personnel and game style are over the hill. I would have loved to face them on Saturday night. I think Nth are in for a belting over there. Should be entertaining seeing the King of Surly, B Scott, in the box with his trademark aghast and horrified expression all night.

Rocco Jones
20-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Our style is entertaining largely because of our strengths but also some of our weaknesses. I think we are almost naive at times with our disposal and positioning. This can be beautiful but also really hurt us.

ledge
20-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Our style is entertaining largely because of our strengths but also some of our weaknesses. I think we are almost naive at times with our disposal and positioning. This can be beautiful but also really hurt us.

Well it was our first year at doing it and we are young, I believe we are learning as we go and Luke coming from the Hawks will no doubt tighten our back line as the next step.

Rocco Jones
20-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Well it was our first year at doing it and we are young, I believe we are learning as we go and Luke coming from the Hawks will no doubt tighten our back line as the next step.

Absolutely. Make no mistake, I am delighted with our progress. Bit by bit. We have a particular style and can beat anyone at home. Think about our inexperience already and then think how little those kids have played away from Etihad. I am very happy!

comrade
20-09-2015, 10:25 PM
Should be entertaining seeing the King of Surly, B Scott, in the box with his trademark aghast and horrified expression all night.

He squeals every time a free is paid against the Roos. Hope his assistants have ear plugs in next weekend.

Rocket Science
20-09-2015, 11:07 PM

Agreed, we very much live by the sword, die by the sword at the moment.

Witness last week's game when too often our rapid-fire gives ended up in the wheelhouse of a teammate who was either stationary, poorly positioned or had a close checking opponent for company. Sometimes we were able to keep blazing our way out of it, but we also buggered up otherwise promising possession chains, often turning the ball over. When everyone's run off their man to support the chain and we do that, we saw what happens...easy opposition counters with a high conversion rate.

We'll learn.

bornadog
23-09-2015, 11:31 AM
I thought this was very funny

A guide to Perth for Hawks and Kangaroos fans (http://titusoreily.com/a-guide-to-perth-for-hawks-and-kangaroos-fans/)

This week, North Melbourne and Hawthorn fans will travel to the mystical city of Perth to watch their teams play.

As a Victorian footy writer, I’m the perfect person to provide a guide to Perth because like most Victorian footy writers I barely know it exists.

Just like the the majority of Eastern states’ media coverage of the Western Australian teams, my guide is light on insight and facts. Here’s what you need to know:

‘Perth’ is located in a country called ‘Western Australia’ so named because it is located to the west of Australia

• It is basically a giant open cut mine
• A coffee costs about $17 in Perth
• The big tourist attraction in Perth is the ‘Colin Sylvia basket’
• Western Australia is at war with sharks and has been for several years
• Apart from mining, other major industries include Little Creatures beer and… that’s it actually
• Residents of Perth are referred to as ‘Persians’
• Perth is one of the most isolated cities in the world. The movie Mad Max: Fury Road tells the story of a group of Western Bulldogs fans making their way to the 2006 Semi Final against West Coast.
• The most popular hobby in Perth is booing
• Never try to introduce a mining tax in Perth
• Unlike Melbourne, Perth has a pleasant climate with regular bouts of something called ‘sunshine’
• While AFL is the biggest sport, Perth is also the last place in Australia where the NBL is still relevant
• A large amount of residents in Perth have English or South African ancestry but are still nice people
• Perth is often referred to as the ‘Gateway to Rottnest Island’

So enjoy Perth, Hawks and Kangaroo fans and remember to get the proper vaccinations for cholera and typhoid.

soupman
23-09-2015, 11:42 AM
The vast majority of Titus' stuff is very funny.

Rocco Jones
23-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Yep, love his work.

bornadog
23-09-2015, 12:02 PM
The vast majority of Titus' stuff is very funny.

Most of what he says about Perth is true ( sorry WA Woofers) :D

Remi Moses
23-09-2015, 03:00 PM
A lot of nth supporters hate their coach, been whinging a lot all year, now it's a prelim I wonder what their thoughts are now?
In saying that I can't see them beating WC and as much as they might say that's why he has to go, I'm not sure any teams can beat WC the way it's panning out.

Like we did in 2010, Norf have recruited for a tilt at the big one ( fair enough)
If they come up short, it's a fail .

jeemak
25-09-2015, 09:45 PM
The game was exciting for five minutes.

Great atmosphere, good hard contest and a bit of niggle.

Then the umpires stepped in and handed two soft frees to the Hawks and now it's gone into invasion/transition and slow football which was pretty much expected from the get-go.

jeemak
25-09-2015, 10:08 PM
The AFL is dead keen to see one Melbourne team in the GF if the umpiring is anything to go by.

G-Mo77
25-09-2015, 10:11 PM
The AFL is dead keen to see one Melbourne team in the GF if the umpiring is anything to go by.

Disgusting isn't it. The non call against Lake for holding the ball was laughable.

jeemak
25-09-2015, 10:25 PM
Disgusting isn't it. The non call against Lake for holding the ball was laughable.

That's the one that triggered my post.

When that sort of thing isn't being called you know there's shenanigans afoot.

LostDoggy
25-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Cracking finish coming up.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2015, 11:41 PM
Great footy. I want Duryea.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2015, 11:42 PM
Walters & Ballantyne are just the most ineffectual players in big games ever, and I include Jetta.

#wasteofspace

Remi Moses
25-09-2015, 11:42 PM
Freo have just self combusted .
You'd swear it was like watching us in a prelim.
The back half just cough the ball up to often. Mitchell the catalyst, and Freo have looked cooked a long way out.
Gotta love the hawk fans they had a lean year once, and they're very loyal.

LostDoggy
25-09-2015, 11:46 PM
Feel a bit for Freo. They've done a lot right. Hawthorn are just so brutally efficient. 15.3.

whythelongface
25-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Great footy. I want Duryea.

He was very good.

G-Mo77
26-09-2015, 12:06 AM
Walters & Ballantyne are just the most ineffectual players in big games ever, and I include Jetta.

#wasteofspace

Really. Thought Walters looked like the only one capable of scoring at times. Thought he played well.

bornadog
26-09-2015, 12:07 AM
Sick of Hawthorn

bulldogtragic
26-09-2015, 12:12 AM
Really. Thought Walters looked like the only one capable of scoring at times. Thought he played well.

Didn't realise he kicked 3, so maybe a little harsh on him. But HB is poo.

LostDoggy
26-09-2015, 12:19 AM
Didn't realise he kicked 3, so maybe a little harsh on him. But HB is poo.

Walters pushed deep at times too. He was good.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-09-2015, 12:20 AM
HB is crap, Walters is a gun but had a few poor moments. Still thought he was good.

Freo's gameplan is atrocious. Their propensity to continually kick the ball backwards, even when there's no sight of a switch, is absolutely ridiculous. It repeatedly puts them under pressure, which inevitably will lead to mistakes in big games (ie. The two howlers late) whilst robbing them of any chance to score.

Lyon should receive some serious heat.

Sedat
26-09-2015, 01:40 AM
Thought the umpiring was equally poor on both sides. Hawks got the good run early but Freo got a great run wth the umps later on.

Was very happy to see the Freo game plan safely tucked away for another finals campaign. There are no winners if a Ross Lyon coached team ever salutes in a GF.

Hawks are an outstanding team - I can't think of any other team that could win a PF in hostile enemy territory like Perth, 2 weeks after travelling there for a final. They have no duds (even Shoey knows and understands his role in the overall structure) and there are another 10 players who could come in and seamlessly perform a role if needed. Very happy to have a Clarkson disciple steering our ship.

Oh and Wayne Carey, Sammy Mitchell proved once again tonight what a complete fool of a special comments man you are. That's why you fit in so well at Ch.7

Sedat
26-09-2015, 01:43 AM
Sick of Hawthorn
Give me Hawthorn's game plan every day of the week over the Ross Lyon abomination.

KT31
26-09-2015, 02:09 AM
Sick of Hawthorn

Sick of my in-laws, I hope they get walloped.

Webby
26-09-2015, 08:28 AM
Thought the umpiring was equally poor on both sides. Hawks got the good run early but Freo got a great run later on

I've got to say that Freo were crucified by the umpires early on. I acknowledge that Freo were looked after later on, but that was with free kicks at half back etc. Hawthorn, on the other hand, were awarded some inexplicable free kicks straight in front of goal. The one against Ballantyne in the first quarter was borderline scandalous!

I thought those kicks really halted Freo's momentum - not that I'm not displeased to see their crap style of footy bomb out. I think Norf will get flogged tonight and next week will provide an interesting GF for neutrals like us.

jeemak
26-09-2015, 10:54 AM

Agreed. He was the only forward who looked dangerous for the game.

GVGjr
26-09-2015, 11:02 AM
I know football is supposed to be a passionate game but that 'fan' who tried to intimidate Smith can't be allowed back into a footy ground can he?

jeemak
26-09-2015, 11:05 AM
I've got to say that Freo were crucified by the umpires early on. I acknowledge that Freo were looked after later on, but that was with free kicks at half back etc. Hawthorn, on the other hand, were awarded some inexplicable free kicks straight in front of goal. The one against Ballantyne in the first quarter was borderline scandalous!

I thought those kicks really halted Freo's momentum - not that I'm not displeased to see their crap style of footy bomb out. I think Norf will get flogged tonight and next week will provide an interesting GF for neutrals like us.

I agree, and Ballantyne was actually up and about until that one was called against him.

Like others I'm glad the Fremantle style isn't going to win a premiership again. I don't like the Hawks, I don't like how wankers like Bruce gush over their thug stars and I don't like their supporters or their self entitled cashed up bogan attitudes, but I admire their ability to play football.

On the supporter note, what a horrible bunch of lunatics some of the Fremantle crowd members seem to be. Physical intimidation of opposition players and a woman chinned for standing up to a drunk dickhead the lowlights. Disgraceful, particularly the latter incident (caught on camera too).

bulldogtragic
26-09-2015, 12:30 PM
I know football is supposed to be a passionate game but that 'fan' who tried to intimidate Smith can't be allowed back into a footy ground can he?

Life ban for that person and the Freo bloke who punched a hawthorn supporter lady in the face. Disgusting all round.

Bulldog4life
26-09-2015, 12:54 PM

No and what about that idiot who lent over the fence to give Breust a gobful when he collided into the fence. Got some feral ones over there.

anfo27
26-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Watching these two teams last night made me think we are closer to a flag than i thought. Freo are never going to win a flag with a forward line as poor as that, hopefully Pavlich & McFarlane go on. The hawks are declining but Freo just didn't have the firepower to hurt them last night.
North are rubbish, lets be honest. Rubbish coach who thinks they are close when really they are miles off it. Getting to another prelim will mean they will hopefully top up again.
West Coast is a good team but without Nic Nat we have them covered i reckon.
If we can pick up Carlisle and sort out our ruck situation then we are good enough to go all the way. The talent is definitely there but teams will spend more time trying to pull apart our gamestyle next year so it will be interesting to see how we go.
There is no way we are miles off these top 4 teams.

KT31
26-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Life ban for that person and the Freo bloke who punched a hawthorn supporter lady in the face. Disgusting all round.

Hope he gets more than a life ban, throw the book at the *&%$@# a grade feral.:mad:

LostDoggy
26-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Hope he gets more than a life ban, throw the book at the *&%$@# a grade feral.:mad:

Agreed. Should be facing a Court, not just banned from the footy.

Wild scenes last night, uncomfortable viewing.

Watching footy in a venue where 99% of the crowd barrack for the same team is a totally different atmosphere to a game between 2 local teams. The crowd can become more like a lynch mob, particularly at night when the rowdier element are drunker, with the uglier fringe coming to the fore too readily.

I've never watched footy in Perth, but they do seem particularly feral. Having only watched live Dogs games in Brisbane (mainly) and Sydney in the past 15 years, I can't emphasise enough how superior the experience is when the crowd is relatively even.

Twodogs
26-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Where were you watching PP and who did most of them support?

LostDoggy
26-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Where were you watching PP and who did most of them support?

Mostly v Lions at the Gabba. A lot of them in the Lions glory years. Awful, 90% of crowd were bandwagon riders who knew SFA about AFL but were riding the wave with the Lions. If their team is winning, they're all experts. Have seen a couple in Sydney, crowd there are a little more bearable (relatively speaking). Only ever go to Doggies games against the locals.

If you meant last nights match, I just watched it at home.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2015, 05:14 PM

I'd be confident the police will charge the f*** knuckle. But the AFL can ban them for life on their own.

The bulldog tragician
26-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Watching these two teams last night made me think we are closer to a flag than i thought. Freo are never going to win a flag with a forward line as poor as that, hopefully Pavlich & McFarlane go on. The hawks are declining but Freo just didn't have the firepower to hurt them last night.
North are rubbish, lets be honest. Rubbish coach who thinks they are close when really they are miles off it. Getting to another prelim will mean they will hopefully top up again.
West Coast is a good team but without Nic Nat we have them covered i reckon.
If we can pick up Carlisle and sort out our ruck situation then we are good enough to go all the way. The talent is definitely there but teams will spend more time trying to pull apart our gamestyle next year so it will be interesting to see how we go.
There is no way we are miles off these top 4 teams.
That's an interesting viewpoint anfo, I actually felt a reality check about where we're at watching these two. There was an awful lot of brutal footy and hard mature bodies crashing in that I think we are a bit off being able to stand up to especially in a feral atmosphere like Perth. Then again I think Freo like a lot of Ross Lyon sides has a pretty woeful bottom six players who get exposed in finals. I'm so glad we have a coach who is teaching us the Hawthorn way of attacking footy instead of Misery Guts Lyon's ugly and fruitless style.

Ps. Also sick of Hawks. The female Hawks fan in the cheer squad crying for joy?!

Twodogs
26-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Mostly v Lions at the Gabba. A lot of them in the Lions glory years. Awful, 90% of crowd were bandwagon riders who knew SFA about AFL but were riding the wave with the Lions. If their team is winning, they're all experts. Have seen a couple in Sydney, crowd there are a little more bearable (relatively speaking). Only ever go to Doggies games against the locals.

If you meant last nights match, I just watched it at home.

I got into an argument with a Sydney fan in Sydney once who was insisting that hitting the post was worth 7 points.

Topdog
26-09-2015, 08:38 PM

Agreed and that is why i was so passionate when saying what goodes did against Carlton was wrong.

LostDoggy
26-09-2015, 08:57 PM
Gee North have started well. 6 Clearances to 1, 11 tackles to 5. Wouldn't it be bizarre if 2 Perth teams get home prelims and both lose?

G-Mo77
26-09-2015, 09:20 PM
North killing them. West Coast can't get a decent entry, looking very shaky.

LostDoggy
26-09-2015, 09:22 PM
North killing them. West Coast can't get a decent entry, looking very shaky.

That undersized defence looking very vulnerable too. Perfect match ups for NM. Not a Brad Scott fan, but he is smashing it this finals series.

Rocket Science
26-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Jeezus I detest Scott Thompson.

jeemak
26-09-2015, 09:53 PM

It was only possible for Kennedy to kick his first goal when Thompson tried to be clever and lay prone across Kennedy's body to hold him up, but failed miserably to do so.

He's just a wanker, and there's nothing more to it. I mean when Brad Scott has to tell you to stop being a wanker - as he did after the Hall incident - you must suffer from severe wanker.

Rocket Science
26-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Anyone noticing Darcy praising Callum Sinclair in a vaguely pointed way?

I wonder if we're into him.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Fair goal Higgo. Touché.

SlimPickens
26-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Josh Hill has been awful.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2015, 10:25 PM
Josh Hill has been aweful.

Is that like awful, but leaving us in awe of how awful he's been? Hence, aweful.

cinder
26-09-2015, 10:26 PM
Josh Hill has been aweful.

Yeah he only has good games against us...

SlimPickens
26-09-2015, 10:28 PM
Touché Jerk ;)

bulldogtragic
26-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Touché Jerk ;)

I agree though, it should be a thing/word, as he's leaving me in awe of bad he plays against good opposition. :D

azabob
26-09-2015, 10:31 PM
Josh Hill has been awful.

He has been slightly better than the umpiring though. Too many soft frees being paid.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2015, 10:41 PM
For f*** sake, why isn't the Etihad roof shut? We would be leading, this is a disgrace. We have a roof so why not shut it. I don't know what the AFL is doing.

LostDoggy
26-09-2015, 10:49 PM
How good was that Shuey goal?

bulldogtragic
26-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Well, I guess North are going to top up on free agents again now.

This commentating is really shitehouse. 2.8 since quarter time yet the narrative is umpiring...

azabob
26-09-2015, 11:03 PM
Im still bemused about how royaly screwed norf have been with the umpiring.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2015, 11:08 PM
North have kicked 5 goals to half way through the last quarter. Can't win prelims scoring 5 goals for nearly the entire game.

This could get to emabassing proportions.

LostDoggy
26-09-2015, 11:20 PM
17.32 for the match and some complete misses. Ordinary.

jeemak
26-09-2015, 11:46 PM
Im still bemused about how royaly screwed norf have been with the umpiring.

Some of the soft frees that have been paid this weekend have been Diver vs Lake like in their softness.

Good showing from Norf this September. All in all they were a bit lacking in polish when it counted and it was reflected in the scoreline.

azabob
26-09-2015, 11:49 PM
Some of the soft frees that have been paid this weekend have been Diver vs Lake like in their softness.

Good showing from Norf this September. All in all they were a bit lacking in polish when it counted and it was reflected in the scoreline.

Spot on Jeemak. It will be interesting to see how Petrie, Thomas and Thompson perform next season.

Remi Moses
27-09-2015, 03:08 AM
The umpires were rubbish, and Norf got the raw end, but from halfway through the second the Eagles dominated.
The result flattered them .
Norf's lack of run, and the fact they started bombing into 50 worked in West coasts favour .
They should have been further up at quarter time, but the Eagles mids got right on top.
I'm afraid we'll have another tedious flag won by the masters of self entitlement , hawthorn .
Celebrations will go well into the afternoon

Remi Moses
27-09-2015, 03:10 AM
Spot on Jeemak. It will be interesting to see how Petrie, Thomas and Thompson perform next season.
Added in is the age demographic of the team
It's of dads army proportions .Massive risk and almost derelict in his duty if Scott goes with more ageing players.

GVGjr
27-09-2015, 07:27 AM
Agreed and that is why i was so passionate when saying what goodes did against Carlton was wrong.

I saw it the same way.

comrade
27-09-2015, 08:04 AM

And Firrito.

And Waite.

And Harvey (though he's still bloody good!).

Full of ****heads.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2015, 09:06 AM
I'd be confident the police will charge the f*** knuckle. But the AFL can ban them for life on their own.

Said f*** knuckle remanded and venue banned him for life (hopefully the new venue and WACA too). AFL have a chance to make a positive statement about violence at sport and violence against women. I hope they take it.

KT31
27-09-2015, 09:14 AM
And Firrito.

And Waite.

Full of ****heads.

You've forgotten to add in a leader in the category - Lindsay Thomas.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2015, 09:17 AM

And Nahas.

SonofScray
27-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Just saw that North were defeated by WCE. Good.

ledge
27-09-2015, 10:44 AM
I remember watching Nahas in the VFL can't believe he has got a gig at two AFL clubs.
Should only be picked if the rest of the list is injured.
I think if you whispered "I'm behind you"in his ear he would be spooked for 6 weeks.

soupman
27-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Geez some atrocious umpiring last night. Ben Jacobs was screwed twice.

Pleased West Coast won though, I couldn't stand having to see one of the two most dislikable lists in the leagues play off against eachother.

Sedat
27-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Said f*** knuckle remanded and venue banned him for life (hopefully the new venue and WACA too). AFL have a chance to make a positive statement about violence at sport and violence against women. I hope they take it.
They didn't in the Dogs v Collingwood game earlier this year. In fact, you couldn't have swept that incident under the carpet any better.

Norf need to top up with another couple of old farts - come on Brad, you know what to do ;)

bornadog
27-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Norf are a very slow team, and move the ball too slowly. They also rely too much on a big mark in the forward line, constantly bombing to Petrie, Waite and Brown, Last night WCoast were on to this and didn't let them mark much in the forward 50.

Talk about game plans, Brad needs to change quickly and get the right players in the team. However, having one of the oldest playing lists, this will take time.

Twodogs
27-09-2015, 03:29 PM
They give away so many stupid free kicks for head high tackles. A sneaky bastard like Milne would have kicked 10 from free kicks alone.

I noticed it against us too.

Twodogs
27-09-2015, 03:35 PM

And Firrito.

And Waite.

Full of ****heads.

And Nahas.

And Brad Scott.

LostDoggy
27-09-2015, 03:36 PM
They give away so many stupid free kicks for head high tackles. A sneaky bastard like Milne would have kicked 10 from free kicks alone.

I noticed it against us too.

They're not a great tackling team generally. Watching Shuey break a string of tackles to kick a pivotal goal last night reminded me of Bont & Stringer when we played them. Was hoping for the shot of BS in the coaches box mouthing 'that was embarassing'.

Rocket Science
27-09-2015, 03:41 PM
And Brad Scott.

http://youtu.be/eLeck5T5048

Grab some popcorn and enjoy.

Topdog
27-09-2015, 07:07 PM
They didn't in the Dogs v Collingwood game earlier this year. In fact, you couldn't have swept that incident under the carpet any better.

Unless its caught on camera the AFL are very happy to say it doesn't happen in their game.

Ghost Dog
27-09-2015, 07:45 PM
What can we learn from the finals series in regards to our team?

* In another thread, suggestion of the interest in seeing how far WC can go with an undersized defence.
* Even though they got one week deeper, I think our team balance is better than North.
* Some recycled players doing pretty well. Schoenmaker, Higgins, Wellingham all doing well in finals. Who is out of contract we might be able to turn around?
* Watching how Hawthorn move it, some similarities to us. Heartening, and not surprising, given the coach's lineage.

bornadog
27-09-2015, 11:31 PM
* Some recycled players doing pretty well. Schoenmaker, Higgins, Wellingham all doing well in finals.

Schoenmaker is not recycled, he was draft by the Hawks

Ghost Dog
28-09-2015, 12:44 AM
Schoenmaker is not recycled, he was draft by the Hawks

Sorry, I should have added 'second tier'. He was woeful a year or so ago.The whipping boy of Hawthorn supporters.

LostDoggy
28-09-2015, 10:07 AM
Just reading about how Nathan Fyfe was the leading clearance player (9) on Friday night despite playing nearly the entire match with a broken leg (fractured fibula). Fair effort. Fair player.

Twodogs
28-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Just reading about how Nathan Fyfe was the leading clearance player (9) on Friday night despite playing nearly the entire match with a broken leg (fractured fibula). Fair effort. Fair player.

Wow, talk about determination.

Hotdog60
28-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Has Barrett had a go at Freo for playing Fyfe with a fractured leg?

aker39
28-09-2015, 12:51 PM
As many of you are aware I have not regularly posted on here for 4 years due to my role with the AFL.
I have been lucky enough to be appointed to timekeep the Grand Final. Looking forward to the big day.

bornadog
28-09-2015, 01:06 PM
As many of you are aware I have not regularly posted on here for 4 years due to my role with the AFL.
I have been lucky enough to be appointed to timekeep the Grand Final. Looking forward to the big day.

Well done, that is a real honour for you.

hujsh
28-09-2015, 02:13 PM

Hence your old username not being updated ;)

ledge
28-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Congrats mate hopefully you can enjoy it.

Twodogs
29-09-2015, 12:22 AM

Great stuff. I hope you enjoy it.

KT31
30-09-2015, 10:46 AM

Congrats and enjoy the experience aker39.
In the Granny next year with us in front with a few minutes to go, could you just possibly slip and sound the siren a little early ?;)