PDA

View Full Version : Bankers and Anchors - Finals Week 1

Eastdog
11-09-2015, 03:18 PM
This is the Finals Week 1 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Adelaide is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys that you we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

bulldogtragic
12-09-2015, 11:18 PM
B:

Dicko - 5 in final is great stuff
Daniel - Came on and got involved quickly.
Putting 4 quarters of men of mayhem together. They must be exhausted beyond all recognition.

A:

Goal kicking - I'm not going to single anyone out
Betts getting a bag of easy pissy goals
They're set shots. Missed one for the night I think.

FrediKanoute
12-09-2015, 11:22 PM
B:

Dicko - 5 in final is great stuff
Daniel - Came on and got involved quickly.
Putting 4 quarters of men of mayhem together. They must be exhausted beyond all recognition.

A:

Goal kicking - I'm not going to single anyone out
Betts getting a bag of easy pissy goals
They're set shots. Missed one for the night I think.

yep, about sums it up

bulldogtragic
12-09-2015, 11:25 PM
yep, about sums it up

Although I didn't notice Stew kicked 5 behinds tonight. He wasn't on his alonesome in missing.

Remi Moses
13-09-2015, 12:17 AM
B. Dickson was terrific, and it got to the stage you were hoping he'd have every kick for goal.
Hunter, resurrected his career
Dahlhaus, thought he was BOG for us
A. Getting caught out at the back . They had 6 entries for 6 goals
That's not good enough, and we have to improve our defensive efforts.
Goal kicking - not good enough, and it costs big games

always right
13-09-2015, 09:33 AM
B:
Jong stepped up and showed he has a future at this level.
The march to the ground, the electrifying start to the game, a big crowd and an intense pulsating match. Apart from the result, I absolutely loved it.
Big Will.....terrific performance.

A
The Package was more like a token gift. Apart from a couple of cameos he played his worst game of the last two months. Looked injured.
Wastefulness.....what could have been
Their ability to get out the back....we really should have had a healthy lead at quarter time with the start we had.

bornadog
13-09-2015, 10:52 AM
B:
The march to the ground, the electrifying start to the game, a big crowd and an intense pulsating match. Apart from the result, I absolutely loved it.

The atmosphere was unbelievable and I think our supporters have found their voice. When the difference was only 1 point with minutes to go and we surged forward, the noise level was deafening.

After the game, my mate from Sydney who is a mad Richmond supporter said it was the best game of the year. He was hoping we won. Just imagine if the game had the rules the old farts want to introduce to restrict stoppages, you would not have had a game like that.

kruder
13-09-2015, 10:57 AM
B:
Jong stepped up and showed he has a future at this level.
Big Will.....terrific performance.

Do we ever have any luck? Stinger had a tight hammy during the week and he play like it all night. I don't remember him going into the midfield or coming off the back of the square.
A
The Package was more like a token gift. Apart from a couple of cameos he played his worst game of the last two months. Looked injured.
Wastefulness.....what could have been
Their ability to get out the back....we really should have had a healthy lead at quarter time with the start we had.

Do we ever have any luck? Stinger had a tight hammy during the week and he play like it all night. I don't remember him going into the midfield or coming off the back of the square.

bornadog
13-09-2015, 10:57 AM

He went into the middle with minutes to go.

Ozza
13-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Bankers:

Dickson- I predicted on the "lesser lights" thread that he'd kick 5 and be the match winner. I was wrong!!
Dahlhaus- was relentless and gives his absolute all.
Bonti- I guess we will always remember the missed set shots....but his clearance work was amazing and he played like a leader. 19 years of age.

Anchors:
Morris- was well down. I know our defenders play off their opponents, but after getting caught out early, you'd expect someone of his experience to make the adjustment.
Wallis- gave everything and wasn't bad- but too many panicked kicks in the second quarter when we needed some composure.
Redpath- 2 nice goals when they hit him laces out- but playing his role, needed to be so much better in the contest.