PDA

View Full Version : Future sponsorship?

Pages : [1] 2

bulldogtragic
12-09-2015, 08:50 PM
Richard Branson at the footy tonight in a Bulldogs Jumper!!

Give generously Sir Richard.

Twodogs
12-09-2015, 11:55 PM
I feel like we've let sir Richard down.

bulldogtragic
12-09-2015, 11:57 PM
I feel like we've let sir Richard down.

He said at 3/4 time his flight might mean he needed to leave early. Hopefully we were in front by then and he doesn't see the end result.

AndrewP6
13-09-2015, 01:14 AM
The Virgin Mission Western Bulldogs... that has some merit, I think.

FWIW, a rumour on The Book Of Faces has us possibly doing business with Honda. No idea if there's anything in it, but it gives us something to talk about now :(

bulldogtragic
13-09-2015, 01:17 AM

FWIW, a rumour on The Book Of Faces has us possibly doing business with Honda. No idea if there's anything in it, but it gives us something to talk about now :(

The Victoria Uni, Worksafe, Honda, Slater & Gordon, Ballarat, Virgin, Mission Bulldogs?

Catchy. :)

Twodogs
13-09-2015, 04:43 AM

We may have to take a Virgin Mission position.

bornadog
13-09-2015, 10:57 AM
How did we get him to the game? I hope he puts some big bucks in, I would even change the name of the team to Virgin Western Bulldogs if he tipped in Millions. :D

Bulldog4life
13-09-2015, 02:17 PM
How did we get him to the game? I hope he puts some big bucks in, I would even change the name of the team to Virgin Western Bulldogs if he tipped in Millions. :D

Yes C'mon the virgins. Sounds great.

Cyberdoggie
14-09-2015, 10:32 AM
I'm guessing he was here due to the many Virgin business class ads they have been spruiking during the finals featuring the coaches of the team pretending they fly virgin business class.

I think he just had time to see our game and picked the home side to barrack for.

Would love for him to jump on board though.

Doesn't virgin sponsor one of the other clubs already?

bornadog
14-09-2015, 12:48 PM
I'm guessing he was here due to the many Virgin business class ads they have been spruiking during the finals featuring the coaches of the team pretending they fly virgin business class.

I think he just had time to see our game and picked the home side to barrack for.

Would love for him to jump on board though.

Doesn't virgin sponsor one of the other clubs already?

I don't think they sponsor a club, but are the official airline of the AFL.

azabob
14-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Did anyone else read the Rumour about Honda being a potential sponsor?

Twodogs
14-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Did anyone else read the Rumour about Honda being a potential sponsor?

I did read that somewhere. It might have been WOOF now that I think about it...

Mantis
14-09-2015, 04:33 PM
I don't think they sponsor a club, but are the official airline of the AFL.

Don't they sponsor GWS?

Pretty sure the Virgin logo is on their jumpers.

bornadog
14-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Don't they sponsor GWS?

Pretty sure the Virgin logo is on their jumpers.

Yes, you are right.

bornadog
01-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Geelong Travel on board (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-09-30/geelong-travel-on-board)
Have been sponsors for over 15 years and now are the club’s official Member Partner for season 2016.

Dancin' Douggy
06-10-2015, 11:48 PM
I would love the dogs to be sponsored by MACK trucks.

Doggy
05-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Not sure if Slater and Gordon are a sponsor. If they are they could be down grading their support going on today's HS article.
On that, what is Peter Gordon's position at that firm. I know the name Gotdon does not refer to him, but am wondering what his position is?

GVGjr
05-12-2015, 06:48 PM
Not sure if Slater and Gordon are a sponsor. If they are they could be down grading their support going on today's HS article.
On that, what is Peter Gordon's position at that firm. I know the name Gotdon does not refer to him, but am wondering what his position is?

Slater and Gordon was one of the images on our media backdrop. I'm not sure if they will stick with that going forward.

Peter worked at S&G but has had his own business for a while now.

Doggy
05-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Thanks

Twodogs
05-12-2015, 09:01 PM
The original Slater from the title was piloting a plane that was shot down over France in 1917.

I think S&L sponsored the signage on the coaches' box window or something to do with the coaches that would be seen when the coaches were on screen. The backs of the laptops that face the camera maybe or the backs of clipboards. Something like that.

GVGjr
05-12-2015, 09:29 PM
The original Slater from the title was piloting a plane that was shot down over France in 1917.

I think S&L sponsored the signage on the coaches' box window or something to do with the coaches that would be seen when the coaches were on screen. The backs of the laptops that face the camera maybe or the backs of clipboards. Something like that.

Yep, even Bevo's polo shirt had the S&G sign on it. Basically match day and media exposure.

Greystache
05-12-2015, 09:50 PM
S&G are the coaches sponsor. So they are on anything coaching related.

bornadog
22-03-2016, 06:13 PM
Allied Express Transport has signed as the Western Bulldogs' newest Platinum Partner.

As part of the new partnership, the Allied Express logo will be featured on the Western Bulldogs’ media backdrop and change room signage for the upcoming season, commencing from Sunday’s season opener at Etihad Stadium.Allied Express Managing Director, Michelle McDowell said the transport company was thrilled to be partnering with the Bulldogs.
“Allied Express is extremely excited about our partnership with the Western Bulldogs,” McDowell said.
“We feel the synergy between the club’s core values and Allied’s commitment to our customers will see an extremely successful relationship in 2016 and beyond.”

Twodogs
22-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Platinum? Sounds flash!

Dancin' Douggy
22-03-2016, 07:46 PM
I wish we were sponsored by Mack trucks.

SonofScray
23-03-2016, 12:08 AM
I wish we were sponsored by Mack trucks.

They had some sort of sponsorship a few years ago, for the Tough Play of The Week. I won a pair of Mack Truck branded work boots from it.

Twodogs
26-03-2016, 08:01 AM
They had some sort of sponsorship a few years ago, for the Tough Play of The Week. I won a pair of Mack Truck branded work boots from it.

Pretty sweet.

I'm pretty sure they had a minor sponsor role years ago. 20 or 30 years ago.

strebla
30-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Allied express and the Western Bullogs
We deliver

LostDoggy
30-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Allied express and the Western Bullogs
We deliver

With the Package. ;)

Twodogs
01-04-2016, 12:49 AM
With the Package. ;)

From a package to a specimen (it's a new line, but it's going well) we deliver.

The Adelaide Connection
07-03-2017, 11:16 PM
As the current gold logo wearing, all conquering team in the league should we be giving TAC a quick call after they dumped the Cats today? Seems like easy money and they do like to have league representation.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-07/tac-ends-cats-deal-after-selwood-indiscretion

bulldogtragic
07-03-2017, 11:34 PM
As the current gold logo wearing, all conquering team in the league should we be giving TAC a quick call after they dumped the Cats today? Seems like easy money and they do like to have league representation.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-07/tac-ends-cats-deal-after-selwood-indiscretion

I was thinking that myself, the dollars would be great. But with us already receiving WorkSafe dollars I'm not sure how the political winds would be if we also had TAC dollars.

The Adelaide Connection
08-03-2017, 12:13 AM
I was thinking that myself, the dollars would be great. But with us already receiving WorkSafe dollars I'm not sure how the political winds would be if we also had TAC dollars.

I smell a campaign:

"Safe at work + Safe on the road = Not a bloody idiot."

LostDoggy
08-03-2017, 02:23 AM
Good stuff!

LostDoggy
08-03-2017, 02:24 AM
I smell a campaign:

"Safe at work + Safe on the road = Not a bloody idiot."

The only risks we take are on the field.

GVGjr
08-03-2017, 04:03 AM

Brian Cook as good as confirmed today the sponsorship was around $200K

We might be a good candidate but perhaps it's a huge ask to assume we don't have a player or two with similar indiscretions as Selwood.

Topdog
08-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Brian Cook as good as confirmed today the sponsorship was around $200K

We might be a good candidate but perhaps it's a huge ask to assume we don't have a player or two with similar indiscretions as Selwood.

We may, as may every other club in the league. No reason not to start the conversation with them.

comrade
08-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Have we signed on anyone new since winning? Would have thought we'd be knocking sponsors back with a stick given the goodwill around our brand.

KT31
09-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Have we signed on anyone new since winning? Would have thought we'd be knocking sponsors back with a stick given the goodwill around our brand.

I'm happy with us looking after the sponsors who have done the hard yards with us first, with the trajectory we are on new sponsors will come.

bornadog
09-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Dogs sign three key partners (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-03-09/dogs-sign-three-key-partners-)

Following on from a historic 2016 season the Western Bulldogs have announced the re-signing of three key partners today, in EML, White King & VicHealth.

EML joined the Club last season and have decided to extend their association as Coaches Partner as well as aligning with the Club’s men’s health program, Sons of the West.

The partnership will see EML continue to be on all of the 2017 AFL coaching panel’s apparel, including senior coach Luke Beveridge.
EML CEO Mark Coyne said his organisation was excited to extend their partnership with the Bulldogs.

“It is this proud heritage of ‘giving back’ which runs deep in the partnership we have forged between the Western Bulldogs and EML, and we look forward to working together again in 2017 across both AFL and AFLW and beyond.”
In addition, EML has been joined by VicHealth as partners of the Club’s AFLW team.

VicHealth have partnered with the Club over several years through a range of different initiatives, and the latest will see VicHealth on all of the 2017 AFLW coaching panel’s polos, including inaugural coach Paul Groves.

They’ve committed for the AFLW Season to coincide with the Launch of the Change Our Game Campaign which aims to raise the profile of women in sport and gender equality in sport for women and girls.

VicHealth CEO Jerril Rechter said she was proud to be launching the partnership with the Club and stated that “we all need to work together to Change Our Game for the better”.

In further sponsorship news, long-time partner White King have extended their partnership with the Club into a fourth season.
White King will also be aligned with Beveridge through coaches’ box signage throughout the 2017 season.

bulldogtragic
09-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Good news, but there's no 'big sponsor' in this news. Hopefully there's more coming with so many Thursday/Friday/Saturday night games and the exposure of same.

Prince Imperial
09-03-2017, 03:39 PM
It's all commercial in confidence, but you'd reckon the EML and White King deals would now be significantly higher given our premiership and much better TV coverage.

Re-signing sponsors at increased levels is just as important as finding new ones.

The Slater and Gordon one though is looking very dodgy given their ever worsening financial circumstances.

comrade
09-03-2017, 06:05 PM
It's all commercial in confidence, but you'd reckon the EML and White King deals would now be significantly higher given our premiership and much better TV coverage.

Re-signing sponsors at increased levels is just as important as finding new ones.

The Slater and Gordon one though is looking very dodgy given their ever worsening financial circumstances.

You'd hope the deals are much bigger in 2017 & we are doing some serious work to replace Slater & Gordon.

bornadog
15-03-2017, 02:39 PM
People’s Choice Credit Union on board as new Platinum Partner (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-03-15/peoples-choice-credit-union-on-board-as-new-platinum-partner)

The Western Bulldogs have today announced that People’s Choice Credit Union has signed on as a new Platinum Partner.

People’s Choice is one of Australia’s largest and most successful credit unions, helping its 350,000 members across Australia to save, borrow, protect and plan for their future.

“We’re looking forward to joining forces with another like-minded organisation that really cares for its people and members,” said Western Bulldogs CEO, Gary Kent.

“With People’s Choice recently named Building Society/Credit Union of the Year by Roy Morgan, it’s clear we share a common goal in striving to be at our best.

“We thank People’s Choice for the support and look forward to working with them in 2017.”

Among other advertising activity, People’s Choice’s distinctive lime green and red logo will feature on the media backdrops of pre and post game interviews, and in the change rooms of the Bulldogs.

“This sponsorship is an exciting initiative for People’s Choice to support our national expansion,” said People’s Choice’s CEO, Steve Laidlaw.

“Along with the alignment in our growth strategies, both organisations have strong values and an unwavering commitment to the community,” Mr Laidlaw said.

The deal follows the recent expansion of People’s Choice’s home loan offering in Victoria.

In addition to the nine branches throughout the state, a purpose-built Home Loan Centre is now delivering a more supported model for lenders and members in Cranbourne, and a growing fleet of Mobile Home Loan Advisers are on the road servicing the greater Melbourne area.

bulldogtragic
15-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about. New money.

Now give a three game membership to every new customer and get us to 80,000 members this year.

Ozza
15-03-2017, 04:26 PM
I was surprised to see People's Choice as a sponsor. I've had a bit to do with People's Choice through work, and although they have branches & offices nationally, I definitely see them as a South Australian company.

Great to see them backing us!

Cyberdoggie
22-03-2017, 06:56 PM
I was surprised to see People's Choice as a sponsor. I've had a bit to do with People's Choice through work, and although they have branches & offices nationally, I definitely see them as a South Australian company.

Great to see them backing us!

The media grab says they have recently expanded into Victoria and are looking at developing further, so that would explain their sponsorship of a Victorian club.

Ozza
23-03-2017, 02:48 PM
The media grab says they have recently expanded into Victoria and are looking at developing further, so that would explain their sponsorship of a Victorian club.

Yes, they have branches in a number of states/territories.

Prince Imperial
23-03-2017, 03:17 PM
Allied Express seem to have dropped off as a platinum sponsor (and been replaced by People's Choice) even though they are still listed as such on the club's website.

Latest club video with Bevo shows they have been replaced on the back signage by People's Choice and their website states that they were a sponsor of the club in 2016 and are current sponsors of the West Tigers.

http://www.alliedexpress.com.au/about-allied-express/our-sponsorships

ledge
23-03-2017, 05:25 PM
Allied Express seem to have dropped off as a platinum sponsor (and been replaced by People's Choice) even though they are still listed as such on the club's website.

Latest club video with Bevo shows they have been replaced on the back signage by People's Choice and their website states that they were a sponsor of the club in 2016 and are current sponsors of the West Tigers.

http://www.alliedexpress.com.au/about-allied-express/our-sponsorships

Well that's a backward step .. Why wouldn't you stay with the premiership side ? Would have thought the year after is when you reap the rewards .

Throughandthrough
23-03-2017, 06:19 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-23/slater-and-gordon-investors-lose-hope-of-recovering-money/8379948

GVGjr
23-03-2017, 07:44 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-23/slater-and-gordon-investors-lose-hope-of-recovering-money/8379948

They've already finished their sponsorship with us.

Twodogs
23-03-2017, 11:33 PM
Well that's a backward step .. Why wouldn't you stay with the premiership side ? Would have thought the year after is when you reap the rewards .

Wests have just sacked their coach three rounds into the season. I watched their game on the weekend against Canberra. One stat that stuck in my head was that one Canberra player, Jarryd Croker, has scored 54 points himself in 3 games while West's Tigers have only scored 22 points between them in 3 games.

Prince Imperial
24-03-2017, 12:29 AM
They've already finished their sponsorship with us.

Are you sure? The club said last year they had a three year agreement beginning in 2016 and they still have branding on the front page of our website.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-04-21/club-statement-slater-gordon

ledge
25-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Plenty of others lined up to sponsor us if others drop off I would say .. A long way from the first mission deal where we couldn't find a decent sponsor .. Glad we are paying mission back and they have stuck with us .. No band wagon sponsor that's for sure .

bulldogtragic
31-03-2017, 11:38 PM
PG on TV just said Mission signed on for another 3 years, at millionS a year.

GVGjr
31-03-2017, 11:49 PM
Great news. They have been an exceptionally loyal partner.

bulldogtragic
31-03-2017, 11:51 PM

The clubs longest ever major sponsor so says PG. Signed in Mexico last week.

comrade
01-04-2017, 12:40 AM

Nice recognition for their CEO to be included in our flag unfurling.

ledge
01-04-2017, 02:08 AM
The money just keeps coming .. 108,000 attendance At our first two games, that's a long way from 15000-20,000 we used to get not so long ago.

KT31
01-04-2017, 10:47 AM
PG on TV just said Mission signed on for another 3 years, at millionS a year.

Mission came on board before we were fashionable, so now both parties reaping rewards with a long term relationship.

Twodogs
06-04-2017, 02:23 PM

As part of the ceremony the whole of the factory workforce got to watch the grand final win. Can't help wondering what a Mexican factory worker watching AFL for the first time made of it.

Webby
06-04-2017, 03:06 PM

Perhaps naively, but I've always associated seeing the same sponsor on a club's jumper as a sign of financial strength and stability...

Ford with Geelong, Penfolds with St George back in the day, SGIO with the Weagles and QBE with the Swans. It's probably more cosmetic than anything - or perception winning out over reality. Nonetheless, it's a feeling I get.

In fact, I don't think the Weagles have moved away from wearing Puma and having SGIO on their guernseys for 30 years, now!

Bulldog4life
13-04-2017, 03:57 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-04-13/bulldogs-and-powercor-establish-community-partnership

Bulldogs and Powercor establish community partnership

The Western Bulldogs and Powercor, one of Australia’s largest electricity distribution networks, have established a unique three-year community partnership focused on diversity and inclusion.

Powercor will become the naming rights partner of the Bulldogs’ Next Generation Academy, as well as being a key support partner of the Club’s three flagship community programs and its AFLW team.

Western Bulldogs CEO Gary Kent said the Club is excited about working alongside a company which shares similar values.

“With Powercor having a focus on diversity and inclusion, this partnership is a perfect fit for the Western Bulldogs, which has similar core values and is focused on making a difference in the West of Victoria,” he said.

“Finding like-minded partners is a key focus for the Club and we couldn’t be more delighted to welcome Powercor as a new partner for the next three years.

“Grassroots and community engagement programs in the West of Victoria are a key focus for both Powercor and the Western Bulldogs, and it’s great that we can work together to create a more diverse and healthier community.”

Powercor GM of Regulation and Diversity and Inclusion Working Group leader Renate Vogt said the partnership with the Western Bulldogs will offer the chance to support a broad range of community initiatives which extend beyond sport and AFL.

“At Powercor we recognise the communities in which we operate are represented by diverse backgrounds and cultures,” she said.

“The three-year partnership is a way to help celebrate that by supporting community development in a range of areas, and at the same time raising awareness within our own company.

“Our investment will support the economic and social development of communities across Western Victoria which supports female role models, builds the next generation of community and business leaders, and develops a pipeline of athletes from a range of backgrounds.

“We’re confident the programs offered by the Western Bulldogs ensure that young people, regardless of their gender or background, will have more opportunity to take advantage of growing up in this great region.”

The CitiPower and Powercor distribution networks are the most reliable in Victoria and stretch from central Melbourne, west to the borders of South Australia, and north to New South Wales, delivering every day to almost 1.1 million Victorian

bulldogtragic
13-04-2017, 10:08 PM
More Cha-Ching.

Giddy up!

Twodogs
13-04-2017, 10:23 PM
More Cha-Ching.

Giddy up!

Great public relations too. The sponsor pours the money into the community stuff the club was funding. That means that money the club was spending can go back into more tradional football spending.

Our brand new community partner looks squeaky clean because they are funding community health programs and womens' footy and the club suddenly have funds available they had allocated elsewhere to spend on something else.

bulldogtragic
13-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Great public relations too. The sponsor pours the money into the community stuff the club was funding. That means that money the club was spending can go back into more tradional football spending.

Our brand new community partner looks squeaky clean because they are funding community health programs and womens' footy and the club suddenly have funds available they had allocated elsewhere to spend on something else.

Ain't nothin quite like a win-win. These are the deals that stick traditionally for the longer term. We've had (perhaps among others recently) Bonds & Slater & Gordon go poorly on us, so good to get some more longer term potentials on board.

Eastdog
13-04-2017, 10:45 PM
More good news off field. Now to get back to it on field tomorrow.

Throughandthrough
30-04-2017, 02:11 PM
I note that Slater & Gordon now key sponsors at GWS!

comrade
03-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Looks like Shane Delia has let the cat out of the bag and then deleted his FB post. Welcome Mercedes Benz Vans as our new sponsor!

Murphy'sLore
03-05-2017, 04:02 PM
At last, a car sponsor!

bornadog
03-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Looks like Shane Delia has let the cat out of the bag and then deleted his FB post. Welcome Mercedes Benz Vans as our new sponsor!

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=854&stc=1

Shane is also some sort of ambassador with Mercs.

Daughter of the West
03-05-2017, 04:17 PM

Yikes!

Take that Hawforn and you're Audi deal :p

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Bye-bye debt. And, never, ever *!*!*!*!ing show your face at our club again!! You're not welcome.

comrade
03-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Bye-bye debt. And, never, ever *!*!*!*!ing show your face at our club again!! You're not welcome.

Given we're not replacing a major sponsor and just adding Mercedes to the overall mix, the deal is just gravy in terms of revenue.

Where should we spend the extra cash?

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 04:37 PM
Given we're not replacing a major sponsor and just adding Mercedes to the overall mix, the deal is just gravy in terms of revenue.

Where should we spend the extra cash?

On me, I think I deserve it!

Scoreboard at WO, and upgrades to attendee facilities and players facilities. Make it the stand out boutique AFLW venue, more AFEL pre-season games for various clubs, try to get VFL finals there and anything else we can get a hold of. Then we've got venue hire, tickets, food & grog sales etc.

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 04:38 PM
I guess we can count on photo opportunities with Lewis Hamilton once a year too. Nice PR.

comrade
03-05-2017, 04:40 PM
On me, I think I deserve it!

Scoreboard at WO, and upgrades to attendee facilities and players facilities. Make it the stand out boutique AFLW venue, more AFEL pre-season games for various clubs, try to get VFL finals there and anything else we can get a hold of. Then we've got venue hire, tickets, food & grog sales etc.

I also think more investment should be made in WO and the VFL set up in general.

Would a live stream with commentary be too much to ask each week? Or even just at every Whitten Oval game?

ledge
03-05-2017, 04:48 PM
I'm always into our facilities manager about a scoreboard , he must be sick of hearing it !
I was at the Melton v Melton Sth game they had a nice little digital scoreboard, can't be that much of a cost.
And also being a council owned venue wouldn't they put some money into it too ?
Don't we only have a 2 mil debt now ? If so that will be gone at the end of the year.
Will be interesting to see what our cut of the AFL profit is with the AFL taking over Etihad and the new player EBA.

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 04:52 PM
I'm always into our facilities manager about a scoreboard , he must be sick of hearing it !
I was at the Melton v Melton Sth game they had a nice little digital scoreboard, can't be that much of a cost.
And also being a council owned venue wouldn't they put some money into it too ?
Don't we only have a 2 mil debt now ? If so that will be gone at the end of the year.
Will be interesting to see what our cut of the AFL profit is with the AFL taking over Etihad and the new player EBA.

No doubt the debt is bulldozed finally. Hopefully we can't make some shrewd investments to generate new income streams to help us long term. No more Edgewater nooses.

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 04:56 PM
I know there's timing issues, but since the GF we've moved to Asics as the apparel sponsor, renewed the Mission major sponsorship, got Powercor on board for community programs sponsorship, picked up PCU and now Mercedes as bigger sponsors. That's an excellent 7 months in anyone's language for those charged with making the club sponsorship money.

ledge
03-05-2017, 05:01 PM
I know there's timing issues, but since the GF we've moved to Asics as the apparel sponsor, renewed the Mission major sponsorship, got Origin on board for community programs sponsorship, picked up PCU and now Mercedes as bigger sponsors. That's an excellent 7 months in anyone's language for those charged with making the club sponsorship money.

Is that Gary Kent ?
He wasn't a guy with the high profile like the last .. Seems to be doing the position well though.

bornadog
03-05-2017, 05:09 PM
No doubt the debt is bulldozed finally.

According to Peter, Net Debt will be erased by end of year.

Net debt can be expressed as a metric that indicates the overall debt situation of a company by netting the value of the liabilities and debts of a company along with its cash and other similar liquid assets. To put it simple, net debt refers to the total debtof a company minus cash on hand.

However, that doesn't mean we don't still have bank loans.

Prince Imperial
03-05-2017, 05:18 PM
Is that Gary Kent ?
He wasn't a guy with the high profile like the last .. Seems to be doing the position well though.

David Stephenson takes credit for the Asics sponsorship on his Linkedin page which does seem likely given these things are often signed and negotiated well in advance.

The Whitten Oval needs a scoreboard, more powerful lights and permanent toilet facilities. Hopefully with women's football and other matches we can get further funding from the state and local governments and AFL for this but we may need to chip in some of the money.

Axe Man
03-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Feels like we have just upgraded from a clapped out 84 Ford Econovan. Nice!

comrade
03-05-2017, 05:26 PM
David Stephenson takes credit for the Asics sponsorship on his Linkedin page which does seem likely given these things are often signed and negotiated well in advance.

The Whitten Oval needs a scoreboard, more powerful lights and permanent toilet facilities. Hopefully with women's football and other matches we can get further funding from the state and local governments and AFL for this but we may need to chip in some of the money.

Upgraded toilet facilities is spot on. Ends up in a disgraceful state after a VFL match.

ledge
03-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Yes I knew that, but I presume the ones after that are Garys work.

Not sure if you have been to whitten oval lately but the lights are new and they only turn on what's needed , I believe they can turn them fully on and brighter if needed.
Also have had concrete laid around the ground and no more walking on wet stone dust when it rains .. Things are getting done don't worry, but I agree The scoreboard should be the main concern, it's a little embarrassing when inter clubs play there and see it .
Personally I wish we built the new one as close as possible to what the old one looked like but with LED scores . That was an iconic symbol of history at the club.

jeemak
03-05-2017, 05:32 PM
I'd like a reduction in poker machine numbers representative of the annual return of the sponsorship.

It's a long shot, but those things are no good.

bulldogtragic
03-05-2017, 05:35 PM
I'd like a reduction in poker machine numbers representative of the annual return of the sponsorship.

They're evil. But didn't we just write off all our Pokies licence rights last financial year from Edgewater, so in effect our numbers would be much lower?

Daughter of the West
03-05-2017, 05:36 PM

Agreed. They fly in the face of our claim to be a "community club".

And don't get me started about the AFL and normalising punting on the game.

ledge
03-05-2017, 05:40 PM

I think the AFL is getting clubs to get rid of them, it's all a bit suspect . They claim it's no good but Sportsbet isn't.
I'm not into all this political betting and gambling thing but it seems the afl/government tells you it's all no good but advertise it and have sportsbet as A major sponsor . All about the money . Hypocrites? Sure are.
Obviously the afl make more money and have more control with Sportsbet than they do with clubs having pokies.

Prince Imperial
03-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Not sure if you have been to whitten oval lately but the lights are new and they only turn on what's needed , I believe they can turn them fully on and brighter if needed.

They had to bring in additional temporary lighting structures for the women's matches (no doubt at considerable cost) for the matches to be broadcast.

I attended the Werribee match and found it pretty dark and difficult to see the play - if they can make the existing ones brighter, I wish they would!

hujsh
03-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Agreed. They fly in the face of our claim to be a "community club".

And don't get me started about the AFL and normalising punting on the game.

GAMBLE GAMBLE GAMBLE GAMBLE GAMBLE responsibly

ledge
03-05-2017, 07:00 PM
They had to bring in additional temporary lighting structures for the women's matches (no doubt at considerable cost) for the matches to be broadcast.

I attended the Werribee match and found it pretty dark and difficult to see the play - if they can make the existing ones brighter, I wish they would!
The game was fine last week and it was a 7 pm start.

jeemak
03-05-2017, 10:32 PM
I think the AFL is getting clubs to get rid of them, it's all a bit suspect . They claim it's no good but Sportsbet isn't.
I'm not into all this political betting and gambling thing but it seems the afl/government tells you it's all no good but advertise it and have sportsbet as A major sponsor . All about the money . Hypocrites? Sure are.
Obviously the afl make more money and have more control with Sportsbet than they do with clubs having pokies.

From a government perspective they'll never tell you how much of the tax revenue from ciggies, booze and gambling is spent on the ills those industries cause within society. There's a good reason for that.

I personally view our improved circumstances as an opportunity to reinforce our values as the community club. As DOTW points out, this is our moniker and we need to do all we can to enforce its relevance.

Prince Imperial
05-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Just on the gaming front, the club has now sold off all of the unused 65 gaming machine entitlements that were slated for Edgewater.

In total 320k has been paid for them by other operators, which whilst only being a small fraction of what we paid for them from the state government, is inline with the 324k value they were listed as being in our last financial statements.

https://www.vcgr.vic.gov.au/CA256F800017E8D4/VCGLR/7090FF984EA593DDCA257B3200774DA8?OpenDocument

Happy Days
05-05-2017, 04:31 PM

Any access to the amount of revenue that these generate?

If it's less than the amount of sponsorship dollars then I'd be all for a significant reduction, if not just nixing them totally. I know this is not feasible.

bornadog
04-04-2019, 05:59 PM
Sherridon at home with the Bulldogs (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-04-04/sherridon-at-home-with-the-bulldogs)

The Western Bulldogs are proud to announce a brand-new partnership with Victorian home builder, Sherridon Homes.

Sherridon Homes is a locally owned and operated company with over 40 years of experience in the new homes industry, which aims to create stylish, versatile, flexible and affordable homes.

The company has developed a strong footprint in the north and western suburbs of Melbourne, in Ballarat, and in the state’s south-east.

Sherridon Homes will become a platinum partner of the Bulldogs, and their brand will appear on the Club’s official media backdrop and match-day signage.

“We’re excited to partner with such a dynamic, local organisation which shares a similarly strong connection to the community as the Western Bulldogs do,” said Bulldogs’ CEO Ameet Bains.

“Both the Bulldogs and Sherridon homes have a strong focus on supporting the people of the west, and we look forward to working together to create a robust and sustainable relationship.”

Sherridon Homes will be the official match-day partner for the Bulldogs’ Round 3 clash with the Gold Coast Suns at Marvel Stadium.

“Sherridon Homes has a strong connection and foundation in providing communities in the western suburbs with quality and affordable homes,” said General Manager of Sherridon Homes, Simon Mandragona.

“We saw a great synergy between the partnership of Western Bulldogs and Sherridon homes. Both parties, along with all local residents and fans, will benefit from the relationship.

“It makes perfect sense to align ourselves with a proudly western based football club that shares similar values when it comes to a sense of community and bringing people together

bulldogtragic
04-04-2019, 06:16 PM
Ain't no problem getting more money. Another good get.

GVGjr
04-04-2019, 06:25 PM
Impressive addition to our club sponsor's. We've done exceptionally well over a number of years now. Well done by the club management.

AshMac
04-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Great news.

ledge
04-04-2019, 07:15 PM
We have no debt I believe so it’s all just making the club stronger , we could very well become a very rich and prosperous club in the near future.

KT31
04-04-2019, 07:18 PM
Excellent stuff

bornadog
04-04-2019, 10:03 PM
Impressive addition to our club sponsor's. We've done exceptionally well over a number of years now. Well done by the club management.

Pasquale is a big supporter of the club. Good on him for putting his hand in his pocket. Nice guy too.

Bulldog4life
12-04-2019, 11:42 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2019-04-12/bulldogs-expand-partnership-with-the-pancake-parlour

Bulldogs expand partnership with The Pancake Parlour

The Pancake Parlour has extended its partnership with the Western Bulldogs for a further three years.
One of the Club’s foundation AFLW partners, The Pancake Parlour will continue its support of the Club’s women’s football program until at least the end of 2022.
It will see the partnership expand from the AFLW program, to also include support of the VFLW program and a grassroots relationship with the Western Region Football League.
“The Pancake Parlour have been with us from the very start of our AFLW journey, and we are delighted to have them on board for another three years,” said Western Bulldogs CEO Ameet Bains.
“Our women’s football program has grown exponentially from its beginnings in 2017, and is now a wide-reaching program that includes AFLW and VFLW programs, and a commitment to grow the game and create opportunities at grassroots level for female players.
“Investment in women’s football is vitally important, and the support of The Pancake Parlour has enabled our Club to build a strong and successful foundation in this space.
“We are excited that The Pancake Parlour has not only recommitted, but extended its partnership beyond AFLW into our entire women’s program, and are looking forward to our strong relationship continuing to grow.”
READ WHAT GOODREVIEW.COM.AU HAD TO SAY ABOUT THE PANCAKE PARLOUR
The Pancake Parlour's Managing Director, Mandy David, said they were excited to continue to support the Bulldogs and women’s sport.

"We've seen enormous growth from the debut of this wonderful initiative. AFLW has turned dreams into reality and inspired women everywhere. It’s so much more than a game of football,” David said.

"We’re beyond excited to see what the next three years has in store for our partnership. We cannot wait to share some of the new community and grassroots initiatives that will come to fruition over the next period, as well as a new Pancake Parlour out in the west (District Docklands) where we expect to see our beloved Doggies fans.
"The Western Bulldogs play a major role in the community in the western region of Melbourne, encouraging diversity and a voice for all involved. We are proud to carry that voice alongside them, inspiring our fans of tomorrow."

ledge
13-04-2019, 11:01 AM
Need more pancake parlours out west, I am in Melton and their isn’t one anywhere near us.

Twodogs
14-04-2019, 01:03 PM
Need more pancake parlours out west, I am in Melton and their isn’t one anywhere near us.

Is Highpoint the closest?

ledge
14-04-2019, 01:37 PM
Is Highpoint the closest?

Think so

Eastdog
14-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Pancake Parlour locations

https://www.pancakeparlour.com.au/locations

Looks like there is also one in Werribee.

Eastdog
14-04-2019, 04:46 PM
Great stuff with the sponsors. Great for the club financially.

bornadog
19-03-2020, 10:19 AM
Pedigree have come on board as the Coaches sponsor from today.

Great News.

bulldogtragic
19-03-2020, 10:22 AM
Pedigree have come on board as the Coaches sponsor from today.

Great News.

Income!

bornadog
19-03-2020, 10:24 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETbE0zPUwAEkLjb?format=jpg&name=large

bornadog
19-03-2021, 10:44 AM
ASICS and the Bulldogs together for five more years (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/882479)

https://resources.westernbulldogs.com.au/photo-resources/2021/02/11/492bb70c-5012-4a92-b9b7-671e5ac94b78/HERO_120211_Jumper21.jpg?width=952&height=592The Western Bulldogs and global sportswear brand ASICS have agreed to a new five-year contract extension, which will see the partnership length stretch out to at least 10 years.

ASICS began its association with the Bulldogs in 2017, which included the launch of the Club’s gold premiership logo guernsey.

To coincide with the partnership extension, ASICS launched a throwback style Bulldogs guernsey in time for the start of the 2021 season, which features a red collar and red trims on the shoulders, along with the relocating of the letters FFC from the back to the front of the players’ match-worn jumpers.

In addition to the new guernsey, ASICS have developed a new training and supporter range for 2021, heavily featuring the iconic Bulldogs royal blue. This range is available for purchase from the Bulldogs Shop and ASICS website.

“To partner with one of the most recognised sportswear brands in the world for another five years is extremely exciting for the Club and our members and fans around Australia,” said Western Bulldogs CEO Ameet Bains.

“We are very proud to be the only AFL team with an official partnership with ASICS, alongside other iconic teams including the Australian cricket team, the Wallabies and the Brisbane Broncos.”

Mark Brunton, Managing Director of ASICS Australia, said: “We are delighted to be continuing our long-standing partnership with the Western Bulldogs. It is an exciting time at the Club, with a promising young team, and we look forward to seeing the partnership go from strength to strength.

“There are great synergies between our brands and we value being in partnership with such a community orientated club, as this speaks to ASICS’ core values.”

Bulldogs’ members and fans will see the players wear the updated guernsey this Friday night for the AFL season-opener against Collingwood at the MCG.

bornadog
30-03-2021, 10:46 AM
Two more years for White King (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/893216/two-more-years-for-white-king)

Still need that main sponsor for the back of jumper to replace Mercedes Trucks.

bornadog
19-04-2021, 01:29 PM
Club still searching for back of jumper

Tweet from Club commercial manager:

With the @westernbulldogs

on top of the ladder after 5 rounds, we’re still searching for a partner to own the moment with us on the back of our Guernsey. As one of the most talked about teams in Australian sport right now, its a great opportunity for a brand

comrade
19-04-2021, 01:36 PM
Club still searching for back of jumper

Tweet from Club commercial manager:

Seems ridiculous we can’t find someone. Even for a reduced rate until the end of the season.

Grantysghost
19-04-2021, 01:39 PM
Mein gott.

How can this be? I get Covid, but now we've gone desperation stakes by putting it out there. 18k at the games doesn't help.

bornadog
19-04-2021, 01:47 PM
Mein gott.

How can this be? I get Covid, but now we've gone desperation stakes by putting it out there. 18k at the games doesn't help.

Surely the President can do something

Grantysghost
19-04-2021, 01:53 PM
Surely the President can do something

She's been a little less visible than Gordon so far hasn't she :cool:
Don't mind that but be nice to hear from her from time to time.
Disney + on the back makes sense doesn't it!

bornadog
19-04-2021, 02:00 PM
She's been a little less visible than Gordon so far hasn't she :cool:
Don't mind that but be nice to hear from her from time to time.
Disney + on the back makes sense doesn't it!

That's what I was thinking. Promote the network

jeemak
19-04-2021, 02:43 PM
No conflict of interest to worry about............nothing to see here!

bornadog
19-04-2021, 02:45 PM
No conflict of interest to worry about............nothing to see here!

How would it be a conflict of interest?

Many Presidents put money into their club, but of course she would have to convince her company.

comrade
19-04-2021, 02:51 PM
I’ve always thought Kogan would be a good sponsor for us. Online retail, focussed on affordable products. Listed company, huge growth.

jeemak
19-04-2021, 02:56 PM
How would it be a conflict of interest?

Many Presidents put money into their club, but of course she would have to convince her company.

It would be a conflict of interest on the Disney side of things.

Topdog
19-04-2021, 03:26 PM
Mein gott.

Would crowd numbers actually worry sponsors? Would have thought tv numbers, number of prime time games would be more important.

Axe Man
19-04-2021, 03:41 PM
Would crowd numbers actually worry sponsors? Would have thought tv numbers, number of prime time games would be more important.

I think it would be pretty far down the list of concerns for a sponsor. Most of the crowd would barely be able to make out the sponsors logos unless they are looking at the screen anyway.

Grantysghost
19-04-2021, 03:47 PM

It's part of the engagement package I would assume. Numbers are important, probably not the greatest indicator but it's one measure of supporter interaction and a chance to sell your service/product with promotional experiences on game day.

What shows your supporters are engaged? I'd say social media, TV numbers, attendance, membership are all part of it.

Happy Days
19-04-2021, 05:30 PM
We aren't alone in this. I've noticed Melbourne and someone else who I can't remember don't have back of jumper sponsors either.

Axe Man
19-04-2021, 06:03 PM
We aren't alone in this. I've noticed Melbourne and someone else who I can't remember don't have back of jumper sponsors either.

Melbourne had Jaguar on the lower back yesterday and something else up the top. I haven't noticed any other clubs without the main lower back sponsor.

Prince Imperial
19-04-2021, 08:36 PM
Across the League, attendances are down 27% compared to the same point in 2019 and we are as impacted as other clubs.

Really disappointing not to have signed a second major sponsor given our great form, excellent FTA coverage and marketable players such as Smith and Bontempelli. We are the only club in the competition in this position and our commercial partnership team, CEO and President have to lift their game as this is pathetic.

Mantis
19-04-2021, 10:28 PM
Across the League, attendances are down 27% compared to the same point in 2019 and we are as impacted as other clubs.

Really disappointing not to have signed a second major sponsor given our great form, excellent FTA coverage and marketable players such as Smith and Bontempelli. We are the only club in the competition in this position and our commercial partnership team, CEO and President have to lift their game as this is pathetic.

We know it's a tough economy at present, but it isn't good enough to be in this position when we're one of the most marketable teams at present with a favorable fixture ahead in terms of prime time exposure.

Given our previous back of jumper sponsor fell in their lap it's time for the team to lift their game.

comrade
19-04-2021, 10:37 PM

It's a bit embarrassing we're at the point that our commercial chief is actively prospecting for a sponsor via social media, like we have no genuine leads ready to be closed. We should be preparing to make a huge announcement of a long term sponsor ahead of our 2 Friday night games in a row, not feebly tweeting out into the void hoping for a bite.

Grantysghost
19-04-2021, 10:57 PM
It's a bit embarrassing we're at the point that our commercial chief is actively prospecting for a sponsor via social media, like we have no genuine leads ready to be closed. We should be preparing to make a huge announcement of a long term sponsor ahead of our 2 Friday night games in a row, not feebly tweeting out into the void hoping for a bite.

It does seem a little desperate unfortunately. I expect this if we are struggling not when we are flying.

Throughandthrough
20-04-2021, 07:25 PM
I’ve always thought Kogan would be a good sponsor for us. Online retail, focussed on affordable products. Listed company, huge growth.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/kogan-tops-fair-trading-complaints-register-2020-2

comrade
20-04-2021, 07:36 PM
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/kogan-tops-fair-trading-complaints-register-2020-2

Apple, Samsung and JB HiFi came in just behind them. I'd happily take any of them.

bornadog
23-04-2021, 02:38 PM
https://www.woof.net.au/forum/blob:https://www.woof.net.au/eb03f06e-d1ca-4721-9289-b26cde75e9f1Kapitol Group

not confirmed yet

Grantysghost
23-04-2021, 02:56 PM
https://www.woof.net.au/forum/blob:https://www.woof.net.au/eb03f06e-d1ca-4721-9289-b26cde75e9f1Kapitol Group

not confirmed yet

For the back of jumper?

Vred
23-04-2021, 05:37 PM

not confirmed yet

Have worked with KGroup in the past, good people.

bulldogtragic
23-04-2021, 11:49 PM
A future sponsor is missing cashing in with all eyes on 6-0 / 175.3%

The price might be going up too! :D

bornadog
29-04-2021, 04:37 PM
Bulldogs recruit Kapitol Group (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/923247)

The Western Bulldogs is thrilled to welcome Melbourne construction company Kapitol Group as a new partner of the Club to help recruit players and build career pathways post AFL.

In a Club first, Kapitol Group will become the List Management and Recruiting team partner and later this year will come on board as the Bulldogs’ Trade and Draft partner for the women’s and men’s teams.

Kapitol Group is a dynamic Melbourne based construction company providing certainty in outcomes, excellence in delivery and taking an innovative approach to growth that puts people first.

“Once we understood Kapitol’s focus on wanting to help develop our players off field, we knew we had a great brand fit that will also help fulfill our commitment to paving career pathways for our players after their careers,” said Bulldogs’ Chief Commercial Officer, Nick Truelson.

“The Club and Kapitol Group share the same guiding principles of being supportive, authentic, inspirational and driven - this synergy always acts as an important foundation when we’re forming new partnerships.”

As part of the partnership, Kapitol Group looks forward to enjoying games with its team and business partners as well as unveiling a program of interactive and educational initiatives with the Bulldogs for the 2021 season.

“At Kapitol Group, we are particularly focused on working with good people and putting their health and wellbeing first. As diehard Bulldogs fans, we were drawn to supporting the Club because of its unwavering commitment to uplifting the health and wellbeing of its players on and off the field as well as after AFL,” said Kapitol Group’s Director, David Caputo.

“We worked closely with Bulldogs for a number of months to form a partnership that aspired to mentor players and enhance their understanding of what career paths are possible in the construction sector and help them pursue new goals after footy.”

Kapitol Group has a proven track record in providing certainty and excellence in construction with $300 million worth of high quality educational, residential, commercial and technology projects under construction.

Grantysghost
29-04-2021, 04:39 PM
Hmm so not back of jumper. Great news but crikey that back of jumper real estate is primo ad space.

Axe Man
29-04-2021, 04:40 PM
Good info BAD and looks like a good partnership. Unfortunately doesn't look like the jumper sponsor we were looking for.

bulldogtragic
29-04-2021, 04:50 PM
Sam Power effectively with his own sponsor now.

divvydan
21-05-2021, 03:09 PM
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/940595

The Western Bulldogs are proud to announce a ground-breaking partnership with Australia’s largest Cryptocurrency Exchange, CoinSpot.

This marks the first time a Cryptocurrency Exchange has engaged as a premier partner with a major sports team in Australia.

For the remainder of the 2021 season, and with an option to extend, CoinSpot will feature prominently on the back of the Bulldogs’ AFL guernsey and on its media backdrop.

Happy Days
21-05-2021, 03:10 PM
Lmao no way. Hope they paid in real money (and up front).

GVGjr
21-05-2021, 03:15 PM

I know many don't like the club being placed under any scrutiny but we spend years distancing ourselves from gambling and now we strike this deal.

comrade
21-05-2021, 03:23 PM
I know many don't like the club being placed under any scrutiny but we spend years distancing ourselves from gambling and now we strike this deal.

What is the link between gambling and cryptocurrency?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-05-2021, 03:27 PM

I suspect given that its not real currency, it falls outside of regulations and therefore makes it easier for people to gamble

GVGjr
21-05-2021, 03:29 PM

I suspect given that its not real currency, it falls outside of regulations and therefore makes it easier for people to gamble

Yes, I believe it's just a different version of gambling but I admit I might be blind to it.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-05-2021, 03:31 PM
Yes, I believe it's just a different version of gambling but I admit I might be blind to it.

Not even the act of trading currency so to speak. But using crypto as a source of funds to gamble with, it can enable people to gamble more than they otherwise could do using real currency as it's not governed by the same rules and regs as hard 'real' currency is.

comrade
21-05-2021, 03:32 PM
Not even the act of trading currency so to speak. But using crypto as a source of funds to gamble with, it can enable people to gamble more than they otherwise could do using real currency as it's not governed by the same rules and regs as hard 'real' currency is.

So would it be wrong to be sponsored by a bank, as they provide the money to gamble with?

CoinSpot is an exchange where you can buy and sell cryptocurrency, it has nothing to do with gambling.

Vred
21-05-2021, 03:37 PM
I’m sorry but “Cryptocurrency is gambling” is some of the most boomer related comments I’ve heard.
I trade Crypto and stocks on various platforms including Coinspot, not once have I dealt with a gambling ad or the platform pushing anything like that on me.

Also, Crytpo these days in Australia is as regulated as the stock market, you need to show every single transaction to the ATO, and need to prove where the money was/is coming from. Like everything theirs loopholes but they close more and more every year.

This is a great partnership for the Dogs.

If people were going to get upset about us being involved with Crypto I would of thought it would be because of the environmental side of things...

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-05-2021, 03:38 PM
So would it be wrong to be sponsored by a bank, as they provide the money to gamble with?

CoinSpot is an exchange where you can buy and sell cryptocurrency, it has nothing to do with gambling.

Maybe. Just concerned that there is 100% going to be some considerable misery headed a lot of people's way with many of the cryptos out there. It's the Wild West right now I'd personally like us to remain out of it all.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-05-2021, 03:41 PM
I’m sorry but “Cryptocurrency is gambling” is some of the most boomer related comments I’ve heard.
I trade Crypto and stocks on various platforms including Coinspot, not once have I dealt with a gambling ad or the platform pushing anything like that on me.

Also, Crytpo these days in Australia is as regulated as the stock market, you need to show every single transaction to the ATO, and need to prove where the money was/is coming from. Like everything theirs loopholes but they close more and more every year.

If people were going to get upset about us being involved with Crypto I would of thought it would be because of the environmental side of things...

I don't think you need to add 'boomer related comments' as an emotive response to someone's opinion you may not agree with. How do you know if they're a boomer? I know a lot of people in finance who have many reservations about the pains that lie ahead for many who invest in cryptocurrency and they're not boomers either.

Scraggers
21-05-2021, 03:43 PM
Is crypto-currency like trading stock? Like it goes up and down in value. How do Coinspot make money? They must have a good profit margin to afford the jumper sponsorship?? (and yes, you can call me a boomer)

Grantysghost
21-05-2021, 03:44 PM

Yes it's not linked to gambling it's a Crypto Currency exchange/market that's been around since 2013 and has about a million users.
Guess you can argue the legitimacy and regulation of crypto currency but it's a pretty mainstream operation these days.
Companies like Microsoft, Starbucks etc accept bitcoin payment.
Having said that, I think the unease is warranted in part its probably a beggars can't be choosers situation in a way and not the sturdiest of companies, but I'm ok with it for now. I think.

Grantysghost
21-05-2021, 03:46 PM
Is crypto-currency like trading stock? Like it goes up and down in value. How do Coinspot make money? They must have a good profit margin to afford the jumper sponsorship?? (and yes, you can call me a boomer)

They make money by charging for use of their exchange. It's exactly like shares and someone like Commsec. They charge a commission for trades etc.

Axe Man
21-05-2021, 03:47 PM

Yep. If crypto is gambling, so is investing in shares or property. There is an element of risk in every investment. Yes crypto is riskier and more volatile than most traditional investments but adults can invest in whatever the hell the like. I have never personally dabbled in crypto but I really don't get the moral indignation here.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-05-2021, 03:52 PM
BTW I don't doubt the legitimacy of crypto. It's obviously a legit form of investment.
But its also quite controversial, and undoubtedly there are a lot of people who are going to get burned.
I just think we'd be better out of it.
And that is absolutely no indictment on Coinspot, who are providing a legitimate trading platform and service.

GVGjr
21-05-2021, 03:54 PM
They make money by charging for use of their exchange. It's exactly like shares and someone like Commsec. They charge a commission for trades etc.

I get what you are saying but the difference for me is the companies you can invest in via Commsec pay taxes

This from the ATO a while back which is why I've never looked closely at it as an investment.
Cryptocurrency has been “used to move funds within the black economy, hide money offshore and is sometimes linked to risks with unexplained wealth and undeclared taxable capital gains”

comrade
21-05-2021, 03:55 PM
I get what you are saying but the difference for me is the companies you can invest in via Commsec pay taxes

This from the ATO a while back which is why I've never looked closely at it as an investment.
Cryptocurrency has been “used to move funds within the black economy, hide money offshore and is sometimes linked to risks with unexplained wealth and undeclared taxable capital gains”

People also do all of that with fiat currency (i.e. cash).

bulldogsthru&thru
21-05-2021, 03:58 PM
Yep. If crypto is gambling, so is investing in shares or property. There is an element of risk in every investment. Yes crypto is riskier and more volatile than most traditional investments but adults can invest in whatever the hell the like. I have never personally dabbled in crypto but I really don't get the moral indignation here.

Yeah it's just another investment option that, like all investments, carries its own risk. Not much different to people mortgaging $1mil plus homes on small deposits with the risk of interest rates going up in the future. I personally won't dabble in cryptocurrency because I'm risk averse but it certainly isn't a form of gambling. The lack of regulation is not much different to what financial and property markets had 10 years ago or even have now.

My only concern is how CoinSpot was the best option for our back of jumper sponsor. Was this the best we could get?

Grantysghost
21-05-2021, 03:59 PM

It certainly isn't regulated in the same way.

I notice the IRS is looking at taxing trades over 10k in the US. I think it moved so fast everyone is catching up. (I'm no expert but friends trade it)

https://www.reuters.com/technology/us-seeks-have-cryptocurrency-transfers-above-10k-reported-irs-treasury-2021-05-20/

comrade
21-05-2021, 04:01 PM
My only concern is how CoinSpot was the best option for our back of jumper sponsor. Was this the best we could get?

An Aussie company in a fast growing industry, I like it.

GVGjr
21-05-2021, 04:02 PM
Yeah it's just another investment option that, like all investments, carries its own risk. Not much different to people mortgaging $1mil plus homes on small deposits with the risk of interest rates going up in the future. I personally won't dabble in cryptocurrency because I'm risk averse but it certainly isn't a form of gambling. The lack of regulation is not much different to what financial and property markets had 10 years ago or even have now.

You would have to think it was the best we could get for this year. Nothing ventured I guess

Grantysghost
21-05-2021, 04:02 PM
Yeah it's just another investment option that, like all investments, carries its own risk. Not much different to people mortgaging $1mil plus homes on small deposits with the risk of interest rates going up in the future. I personally won't dabble in cryptocurrency because I'm risk averse but it certainly isn't a form of gambling. The lack of regulation is no different to what financial and property markets had 10 years ago or even have now.

Yes I feel the same.
There is a tinge, a wee tad of desperation about it, and seems like it might be short term.
Mercedes to a Crypto exchange...
But revenue is revenue I guess, we were losing money every week without a sponsor.

Axe Man
21-05-2021, 04:03 PM

Given we are almost halfway through the season I am guessing our options were limited.

bornadog
21-05-2021, 04:03 PM
Yes I feel the same.
There is a tinge, a wee tad of desperation about it, and seems like it might be short term.
Mercedes to a Crypto exchange...
But revenue is revenue I guess, we were losing money every week without a sponsor.

If it was a stockbroking company would you be concerned?

I can't believe the word gambling has been mentioned in this thread. This is not gambling.

Grantysghost
21-05-2021, 04:05 PM

I can't believe the word gambling has been mentioned in this thread. This is not gambling.

It's a good question bad. Probably not to be honest. I guess it's the unknowns around Crypto and the volatility (see BTC this week) that raises a wee concern.
Nothing major I'm happy with it.

Although it's volatile its been on the up for a while now.

bornadog
21-05-2021, 04:08 PM
It's a good question bad. Probably not to be honest. I guess it's the unknowns around Crypto and the volatility (see BTC this week) that raises a wee concern.
Nothing major I'm happy with it.

As long as they pay up the sponsorship money.

A few years ago another company involved in credit/lending sponsored us and went belly up and didn't pay the outstanding sponsorship money. That is all I would be worried about.

bornadog
21-05-2021, 04:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E14ynpOVoAIdd-Q?format=jpg&name=medium

Grantysghost
21-05-2021, 04:21 PM
My favourite part is that they put the photo description over the top of the new sponsor logo :cool:

https://i.postimg.cc/vm4rWzFj/Screenshot-20210521-151317-Chrome.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Axe Man
21-05-2021, 04:27 PM

A few years ago another company involved in credit/lending sponsored us and went belly up and didn't pay the outstanding sponsorship money. That is all I would be worried about.

Given they make their money from trades, rises and falls in the market shouldn't have any major effect on their bottom line. They have been around since 2013 and crypto is only growing in popularity. At a quick glance they seem like a solid company.

Axe Man
21-05-2021, 04:27 PM
My favourite part is that put the photo description over the top of the new sponsor logo :cool:

https://i.postimg.cc/vm4rWzFj/Screenshot-20210521-151317-Chrome.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

The Astronaught gets a rocket on his back. Synergy.

bornadog
21-05-2021, 04:37 PM
Here is a better shot

https://resources.westernbulldogs.com.au/photo-resources/2021/05/21/e08c0267-730a-4cfd-9852-602a4b7d0337/CoinSpot-Photo-ART.jpg?width=952&height=592

Happy Days
21-05-2021, 05:15 PM
the astronaught gets a rocket on his back. Synergy.

to the moon ������

Grantysghost
21-05-2021, 05:30 PM
to the moon ������

Apes together strong.

hujsh
21-05-2021, 05:39 PM

I mean it is gambling but in the same way any investment on the stock market is a gamble. As long as they aren't offering credit and doing that shit the gambling industry does to bleed people dry I don't have any issue with it.

Prince Imperial
21-05-2021, 05:55 PM

Indeed. https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/shortfall-bites-unlucky-bulldogs/news-story/da9a722d14a5df7f7758571851ba1a0a

Still, I'm disappointed that we went with this critical space being unfilled for nine matches (of which seven were on Free to Air and four were Friday night) with the team absolutely flying only to now secure a short term sponsorship until the end of year. No other AFL clubs were in this situation and from my observation of the NRL none of their clubs were in this position either.

Obviously, I don't know the dollars, but this saga is not impressive at all from the club's management.

Vred
21-05-2021, 06:09 PM
Apes together strong.

I wonder if Naughton has Diamond hands

Hotdog60
21-05-2021, 06:21 PM
The Tax man doesn't miss out on Crypto. My son just cashed some in and was hit at 47%.

comrade
21-05-2021, 06:33 PM
I wonder if Naughton has Diamond hands

You know Naughts is a HODLer

jeemak
21-05-2021, 06:47 PM
My favourite part is that put the photo description over the top of the new sponsor logo :cool:

That's just brilliant.

ratsmac
21-05-2021, 07:39 PM
Crypto is basically IOU's, it's not real!

*this is totally my uneducated opinion

Twodogs
21-05-2021, 07:39 PM
The Tax man doesn't miss out on Crypto. My son just cashed some in and was hit at 47%.

The tax man misses out on nothing.

Now if we could get the ATO to sponsor us we'd be kicking goals from all directions.

Twodogs
21-05-2021, 07:41 PM

Agreed. I see no difference between crypto and the stock exchange.

Happy Days
21-05-2021, 07:54 PM
I feel like everyone is overlooking how funny this is.

Grantysghost
21-05-2021, 07:56 PM
That's just brilliant.

Possibly the same guy who’s responsible for doing the teams.

ratsmac
21-05-2021, 10:05 PM
I feel like everyone is overlooking how funny this is.

You had one job!

hujsh
22-05-2021, 12:15 AM
Crypto is basically IOU's, it's not real!

*this is totally my uneducated opinion

Sort of. There is a supply side limitation with the computing power required to make more coins (or the code or whatever) which is why it's terrible environmentally

boydogs
22-05-2021, 02:15 AM

It's not gambling in the way that casino's, sports betting etc. are, where the house is set up to win, but it's such a volatile market that is so loosely based on fundamentals and so fuelled by hype, memes and internet culture that it's really dangerous for teens and young adults thinking it is fashionable and free money

The cartoon rocketship logo, the hipster marketing exec, it's hard to take them seriously as a sponsor but it will appeal to the younger generation who are the ones most likely in the market for a club to support, and it will help legitimise CoinSpot for the masses

angelopetraglia
22-05-2021, 11:21 AM
I choose not to invest my hard earned money in Crypto Currency, but I don't think this is a gambling sponsor or something that can be seen to be unethical. There are true believers that is a legitimate way to store wealth and trade for goods into the future.

This is a legitimate enterprise. They had revenue of $1.1B US Dollars in 2020 and employee more than 1,000 people. The company is publicly traded on the NASDAQ and has a market capitlisation of 47B dollars. Coinbase is valued higher than Woolworths, Rio Tinto, Telstra, Wesfarmers (Bunnings) etc. There are only seven companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange that are larger than Coinbase!

Grantysghost
22-05-2021, 11:54 AM
Sort of. There is a supply side limitation with the computing power required to make more coins (or the code or whatever) which is why it's terrible environmentally

Blockchain tech is almost impossible to tamper with so it is trusted to manage the data in the blocks (unit of data).

For crypto like Bitcoin, much like a bank is trusted in our society to record transactions (the ledger of transactions, eg you transferred 20 bucks to the Bulldogs for a scarf) , the block chain is trusted to maintain the ledger for bitcoin transactions, and without going into detail you can't tamper with it and its decentralised across the network (no one person has the power).

Where the environmental issue comes in is to process a block in the chain you use compute resources (think your CPU in your PC, it's called mining) to solve a complex puzzle the network provides as an entry fee; the reward for getting it right is you become the banker (process the transaction) and you receive bitcoin.

So the more processing power you have (think clusters of computers joined together all working on this puzzle to get coins) the more chance of solving the puzzle and being rewarded, and the more energy you need. If your energy is derived from fossil fuels then there's your issue.

They estimate bitcoin mining uses more power than some small countries.

But it's essential to "power" the network and process the transactions and it gets increasingly harder as the network tries to control the rate of bitcoin creation (it's finite).

Hope that makes sense?

Twodogs
22-05-2021, 01:03 PM
Blockchain tech is almost impossible to tamper with so it is trusted to manage the data in the blocks (unit of data).

For crypto like Bitcoin, much like a bank is trusted in our society to record transactions (the ledger of transactions, eg you transferred 20 bucks to the Bulldogs for a scarf) , the block chain is trusted to maintain the ledger for bitcoin transactions, and without going into detail you can't tamper with it and its decentralised across the network (no one person has the power).

Where the environmental issue comes in is to process a block in the chain you use compute resources (think your CPU in your PC, it's called mining) to solve a complex puzzle the network provides as an entry fee; the reward for getting it right is you become the banker (process the transaction) and you receive bitcoin.

So the more processing power you have (think clusters of computers joined together all working on this puzzle to get coins) the more chance of solving the puzzle and being rewarded, and the more energy you need. If your energy is derived from fossil fuels then there's your issue.

But it's essential to "power" the network and process the transactions and it gets increasingly harder as the network tries to control the rate of bitcoin creation (it's finite).

Hope that makes sense?

One thing I have always wondered/been confused about. When they talk about mining in regards to crypto currency or block chain does that mean that somebody somewhere is digging a hole in the ground or is it more of a virtual mine?

Grantysghost
22-05-2021, 01:16 PM
One thing I have always wondered/been confused about. When they talk about mining in regards to crypto currency or block chain does that mean that somebody somewhere is digging a hole in the ground or is it more of a virtual mine?

It's just a euphemism / virtual.

I assume because you get a "coin" they came up with the mining paradigm.

The Adelaide Connection
22-05-2021, 02:26 PM

Hope that makes sense?

I am not into Crypto, but I did see that Elon Musk spoke out publicly about this last week and reversed the decision to let people buy Tesla’s with Bitcoin owing to how horrific the mining of this particular coin is environmentally (which kinda goes against their ethos). This was apparently the start of some volatility and pretty huge losses across the crypto world in the last week or so.

There are apparently some much ‘greener’ alternatives to Bitcoin that use a fraction of the energy to mine. I could have this wrong, but it sounds like because it was the first (one of the firsts?), Bitcoin is a bit of a fossil and the tech is a bit outdated (works slower, needs more resources to mine, etc.).

EasternWest
22-05-2021, 03:17 PM
I am not into Crypto, but I did see that Elon Musk spoke out publicly about this last week and reversed the decision to let people buy Tesla’s with Bitcoin owing to how horrific the mining of this particular coin is environmentally (which kinda goes against their ethos). This was apparently the start of some volatility and pretty huge losses across the crypto world in the last week or so.

There are apparently some much ‘greener’ alternatives to Bitcoin that use a fraction of the energy to mine. I could have this wrong, but it sounds like because it was the first (one of the firsts?), Bitcoin is a bit of a fossil and the tech is a bit outdated (works slower, needs more resources to mine, etc.).

It's weird to me that Tesla care about the environment when Musk hates his workers.

Grantysghost
22-05-2021, 03:35 PM

Yes I think the issue with Bitcoin's system is the puzzle you need to solve becomes increasingly more complex requiring more compute requiring more power.
So at beginning (yes my friends told me and I ignored them) people were doing parallel processing (mining) with home made rigs.
A few motherboards in milk crates linked together; a home made compute cluster. They were getting Bitcoins back in 2010 doing this.
Now it would take the same rig 1000 years or something (complete guess to explain).
Newer currencies have probably learnt from this.

Grantysghost
22-05-2021, 03:37 PM
It's weird to me that Tesla care about the environment when Musk hates his workers.

Elon's workflow loop :

Buy => Endorse => Sell => Discredit

comrade
22-05-2021, 04:03 PM
Elon's workflow loop :

Funny Elon cares so much, but doesn’t mind destroying the environment and exploiting his workers to extract basalt for his batteries.

bulldogtragic
22-05-2021, 11:36 PM
Good week to buy the rear of the jumper. Stock soared.

Twodogs
23-05-2021, 12:14 AM
Good week to buy the rear of the jumper. Stock soared.

Ironically the last time that we beat St Kilda by 100+ points we had announced a major sponsorship in the week leading up to it. It was in 1978 and we had just announced the Pyrox (home heaters) sponsorship.

bornadog
23-05-2021, 10:13 AM
Ironically the last time that we beat St Kilda by 100+ points we had announced a major sponsorship in the week leading up to it. It was in 1978 and we had just announced the Pyrox (home heaters) sponsorship.

I love your stories TD, please don't change

Twodogs
23-05-2021, 12:14 PM
I love your stories TD, please don't change

There was an advert on TV showing the players in the dressing room after training all standing around a newly installed heater. I reckon that Geoff Jennings and Kelvin Templeton got speaking parts. I can only remember seeing it a couple of times.

Bulldog4life
23-05-2021, 12:33 PM
Where I live.

More than 30 businesses in Agnes Water and the Town of 1770 in central Queensland now accept cryptocurrency as a form of payment, with the beach community billing itself as Australia's first "digital currency-friendly" tourist town.

The aim is to attract a niche market of international tourists, who can pay for goods with digital currency like bitcoin that can be instantly converted to Australian dollars.

This started in 2018 and nearly all businesses accept it now.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-03/australias-first-digital-currency-friendly-town/9828306

Prince Imperial
23-05-2021, 01:55 PM
There was an advert on TV showing the players in the dressing room after training all standing around a newly installed heater. I reckon that Geoff Jennings and Kelvin Templeton got speaking parts. I can only remember seeing it a couple of times.

Same here. It was exciting as a boy to see our team on the tele as Channel 7 ignored us most of the time.

LostDog
23-05-2021, 05:23 PM
I'm into crypto can't stress enough that whilst not good at the minute XRP got 20k invested

Grantysghost
24-05-2021, 12:36 PM

That's the first sponsor I remember, classic. I remember we had KB lager maybe next?

Found this on ebay ah the memories :

https://i.postimg.cc/7LCg9yVR/dogsponsors.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Happy Days
24-05-2021, 02:13 PM
While we’re on the subject, something I’ve always wanted to know is what on earth was up with our jumper sponsors in 2002? Seemed like we had a different one each week.

Grantysghost
24-05-2021, 02:55 PM

Was it as bad as this one?

https://youtu.be/RkODFpZAff8

Grantysghost
24-05-2021, 02:59 PM
While we’re on the subject, something I’ve always wanted to know is what on earth was up with our jumper sponsors in 2002? Seemed like we had a different one each week.

Is that the year we appeared on the Footy Show cap in hand appealling to be sponsored?

We trotted out Nathan Brown and Darcy from memory begging for a sponsor.

Wasn't a high water mark.

Might've been post Vodafone ending in 2001 and we couldn't get anyone.

I think Eddie was trying to help but I'm not sure we needed the prime time humiliation in hindsight.

Axe Man
24-05-2021, 03:05 PM
Is that the year we appeared on the Footy Show cap in hand appealling to be sponsored?

We trotted out Nathan Brown and Darcy from memory begging for a sponsor.

Wasn't a high water mark.

Might've been post Vodafone ending in 2001 and we couldn't get anyone.

I think Eddie was trying to help but I'm not sure we needed the prime time humiliation in hindsight.

I think that is roughly correct. We didn't have a major sponsor in between Vodafone and Leaseplan so sold the jumper off on a weekly basis that year.

Prince Imperial
24-05-2021, 07:40 PM
We didn't have a major sponsor in between Vodafone and Leaseplan so sold the jumper off on a weekly basis that year.

This is correct. Years later, an Essendon supporter on BigFooty recalled all the 2002 weekly sponsors as these:

PS Clayton's Kitchens
1 Bob Jane T-Marts
2 Mazda
3 Barter Card
4 Barter Card
5 LeasePlan
6 LeasePlan
7 Yellow Pages
8 Yellow Pages
9 Australian Unity
10 BenQ
11 Lawson Lodge
12 Work Safe
13 LeasePlan
14 LeasePlan
15 Burbank Homes
16 BenQ
17 Mazda
18 LeasePlan
19 LeasePlan
20 BenQ
21 BenQ
22 BenQ

Bulldog Joe
24-05-2021, 09:41 PM
Elon's workflow loop :

It has been the way to manipulate markets since forever.

Rene Rivkin had it down to a fine art.

jazzadogs
24-05-2021, 10:16 PM
This is correct. Years later, an Essendon supporter on BigFooty recalled all the 2002 weekly sponsors as these:

PS Clayton's Kitchens
1 Bob Jane T-Marts
2 Mazda
3 Barter Card
4 Barter Card
5 LeasePlan
6 LeasePlan
7 Yellow Pages
8 Yellow Pages
9 Australian Unity
10 BenQ
11 Lawson Lodge
12 Work Safe
13 LeasePlan
14 LeasePlan
15 Burbank Homes
16 BenQ
17 Mazda
18 LeasePlan
19 LeasePlan
20 BenQ
21 BenQ
22 BenQ

I've got a match worn Ryan Hargrave #33 with a Yellow Pages logo. Ticks a few boxes for rarity, that one!

Twodogs
24-05-2021, 10:31 PM
I've got a match worn Ryan Hargrave #33 with a Yellow Pages logo. Ticks a few boxes for rarity, that one!

We won in it that's pretty rare for the early 2000s!

Scorlibo
24-05-2021, 11:32 PM
Not meaning to divert the discussion but I feel I can contribute a bit here.

A common misconception with blockchain-based assets is to think of them as a new asset class. They are not. The only difference between blockchain-based assets and traditional assets (shares, bonds, fiat, titles) is the medium of storage.

Traditional assets are stored on proprietary or government databases, and any transactions between these institutions need to be ratified by all parties involved. If you're an ANZ customer wanting to send money to a Commbank customer friend, ANZ needs to first verify that the person requesting to transfer money is in fact you, after which time they need to reduce the number of Australian dollars next to your name in their database as well as inform Commbank to change their database to show an increase in your friend's holdings.

A blockchain at its core is simply a database that's open for anyone to use. Anyone can store, send and receive value on a blockchain securely, but can only send money on accounts for which they have the password. In the example above, ANZ and Commbank could both use the same blockchain (database) to secure their customers' Australian dollars, subverting the need to a) trust each other to make the appropriate changes to their respective private databases and b) communicate the change.

In fact, the RBA has been researching into the possibility of issuing AUD on a clone of the Ethereum blockchain (Ethereum is the largest, most widely used blockchain globally):

https://www.afr.com/companies/financial-services/nab-perpetual-urge-rba-to-pursue-digital-currency-20210419-p57kfo

Many of the 'cryptocurrencies' that are traded are indeed without any fundamental value. Trading these is in my view worse than throwing money down at a roulette table. Often you're trading against wealthy market manipulators who have a much better grasp of how markets move than you do. They will take your money in the long run.

BUT through the mire can be found tokens (assets) with genuine fundamental value. Most of these function like equities, and unlike many tech equities they actually pay dividends.

Blockchains are still in the process of scaling up their transaction bandwidth to be able to cope with global demand. There are a few around today that can process similar numbers of transactions per second to VISA, but they do not yet have wide usage. There will come a time when it makes sense for institutions to use blockchains, and when that happens many people will use them and own cryptocurrencies without even realising it.

Hope that makes sense?

What Grantysghost has described is called Proof of Work consensus.

It's used to decide who is permitted to change entries on the blockchain (database), and to make sure that anyone given this right has skin in the game. The miner who solves the complex puzzle has by that time spent thousands on computer hardware and energy costs. If they attempt to add false transactions to the database (say, credit themselves with all of the Bitcoin), the network (everyone else) will invalidate the information they have provided, and the miner won't be rewarded with any Bitcoin. Because they have gone and spent thousands of dollars on electricity and hardware, they have a strong incentive to provide a truthful account of new transactions as requested by the network. Unfortunately it consumes a lot of energy to run this protocol.

There is a new consensus protocol called Proof of Stake being rolled out by the Ethereum foundation and already running on many other blockchains in various forms. It works in the same way to make sure that anyone updating the blockchain has skin in the game, but does so simply by requiring the miner to stake money on the truthfulness of the information they're changing. This does away with unnecessary energy usage.

Grantysghost
25-05-2021, 09:25 AM
The scale required to profitably mine BTC now is mind boggling. China looking to ban all mining pushing groups into other places like Mongolia. In the US firms have procured old power stations just to mine Bitcoin!

————
The combination of bitcoin's high price and its tremendous energy demand has pushed miners to take extreme positions. Miners in China have flocked to provinces such as Inner Mongolia, where cheap coal power makes mining more profitable. The scale of these facilities reflects how much money investors have sunk into the projects. At least one mining facility in Inner Mongolia draws more than 50 MW. Similarly large operations are popping up in the US, too. In upstate New York, a private equity firm bought and revamped an abandoned power plant just to mine bitcoin. When its data centers are completed, mining will consume 79 percent of the power plant's capacity, or 85 MW. China's warning to bitcoin miners is certain to push many operations out of the country (https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2021/05/china-advances-its-war-on-bitcoin-cracks-down-on-mining/). At least one bitcoin observer said that he anticipates miners pushed out of China will set up operations in Mongolia, Kazakhstan, and Afghanistan.

The Adelaide Connection
25-05-2021, 03:56 PM
https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/939704/demons-welcome-coinjar

So it turns out that Melbourne announced its own crypto partnership with Coinjar six days ago (two days before we announced CoinSpot).

Seems coincidental, I wonder if one mob heard the other was going to sponsor a team and the other quickly moved to do the same?

Scorlibo
25-05-2021, 11:27 PM
https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/939704/demons-welcome-coinjar

So it turns out that Melbourne announced its own crypto partnership with Coinjar six days ago (two days before we announced CoinSpot).

Seems coincidental, I wonder if one mob heard the other was going to sponsor a team and the other quickly moved to do the same?

FTX, a larger Hong-Kong based exchange, sponsored the Miami Heat with a contract worth $135m a couple of months ago. That's where they would have both got the idea I would imagine.

Not sure if anyone knows about NBA Top Shots but they are like digital collectible cards, in the form of video moments from NBA games.

https://nbatopshot.com/

They've seen a lot of attention this last year. Many top shots have sold for thousands of dollars. Now it looks like they're formatting a fantasy competition around the top shots. Not dissimilar to teamcoach but entirely online, running on the Flow blockchain.

Sports media online licensing is just getting started (love it or hate it). It's only a matter of time before the AFL go down the same road. Coinspot and Coinjar know this, and maybe the Dogs and the Dees know it as well.

boydogs
26-05-2021, 12:28 AM
I choose not to invest my hard earned money in Crypto Currency, but I don't think this is a gambling sponsor or something that can be seen to be unethical. There are true believers that is a legitimate way to store wealth and trade for goods into the future.

This is a legitimate enterprise. They had revenue of $1.1B US Dollars in 2020 and employee more than 1,000 people. The company is publicly traded on the NASDAQ and has a market capitlisation of 47B dollars. Coinbase is valued higher than Woolworths, Rio Tinto, Telstra, Wesfarmers (Bunnings) etc. There are only seven companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange that are larger than Coinbase!

Coinbase or CoinSpot?

Axe Man
06-07-2021, 01:49 PM
Nick Truelson our Chief Commercial Officer has just been appointed CEO of Melbourne United (NBL).

Nick has been CCO for over 10 years and overseen some pretty impressive sponsorship deals. Good luck to him and hopefully we find a great replacement.

Twodogs
06-07-2021, 08:06 PM
Nick Truelson our Chief Commercial Officer has just been appointed CEO of Melbourne United (NBL).

Nick has been CCO for over 10 years and overseen some pretty impressive sponsorship deals. Good luck to him and hopefully we find a great replacement.

Is he Hayden Crozier's cousin?

bornadog
06-07-2021, 09:26 PM
Yes he is

Ozza
06-07-2021, 10:49 PM
Good luck to Nick....who from the outside seemed a good fella who did a good job.

Axe Man
07-07-2021, 10:40 AM

Maybe we can trade Crozier for Jock Landale?

bulldogtragic
22-07-2021, 10:53 AM

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have poached the AFL's newly appointed head of list management and game analysis Kon Karavias.

Karavias, who has spearheaded the League's strategy team, took on the job last month following the departure of Josh Vanderloo to Hawthorn as its general manager of operations and special projects.

However, the Bulldogs have swooped on Karavias, who has taken on the position as the club's chief commercial and strategy officer.

The League's list management role is a crucial position in connecting with the clubs and being central to decisions and rules around the trade, free agency and draft landscape.

The AFL also hopes to expand the player movement market and has regularly discussed the concept of a mid-season trade period. It has also opened applications for its general manager of football operations job which was vacated by Steve Hocking. – Callum Twomey

bulldogtragic
22-07-2021, 10:56 AM
Everyone running out of AFL HQ.

Sounds like a good get for us. Clearly must have pedigree but also that footy industry understanding and experience sounds like an asset beyond his direct job description.

comrade
22-07-2021, 10:56 AM
THE WESTERN Bulldogs have poached the AFL's newly appointed head of list management and game analysis Kon Karavias.

Karavias, who has spearheaded the League's strategy team, took on the job last month following the departure of Josh Vanderloo to Hawthorn as its general manager of operations and special projects.

However, the Bulldogs have swooped on Karavias, who has taken on the position as the club's chief commercial and strategy officer.

The League's list management role is a crucial position in connecting with the clubs and being central to decisions and rules around the trade, free agency and draft landscape.

The AFL also hopes to expand the player movement market and has regularly discussed the concept of a mid-season trade period. It has also opened applications for its general manager of football operations job which was vacated by Steve Hocking. – Callum Twomey

I hope the AFL stays away from Sam Power.

bulldogtragic
22-07-2021, 10:57 AM
I hope the AFL stays away from Sam Power.

I hope we’ve also locked him down in an airtight contract.

Axe Man
22-07-2021, 11:09 AM
I hope we’ve also locked him down in an airtight contract.

Apparently he locked himself in a room and thrashed out a deal. He now owns Whitten Oval.

Happy Days
22-07-2021, 11:10 AM
Any of you guys ever find yourselves in a spare moment thinking how funny it is that we're sponsored by imaginary money?

comrade
22-07-2021, 11:11 AM
Any of you guys ever find yourselves in a spare moment thinking how funny it is that we're sponsored by imaginary money?

If you think deep enough, it's easy to convince yourself all money is imaginary.

Rocco Jones
22-07-2021, 11:14 AM
If you think deep enough, it's easy to convince yourself all money is imaginary.

This.

Don’t even have to think too deeply, at least the vast majority is.

Bulldog Joe
22-07-2021, 11:39 AM

We are not sponsored by imaginary money.

It is the TRADING of Imaginary Money.

They make real money by facilitating others swapping the imaginary stuff and paying for the privilege.

Twodogs
22-07-2021, 11:56 AM

Most of mine certainly is.

SquirrelGrip
22-07-2021, 01:28 PM
Everyone running out of AFL HQ.

Sounds like a good get for us. Clearly must have pedigree but also that footy industry understanding and experience sounds like an asset beyond his direct job description.

It's more attractive to be at Clubland. Not a great reflection for Gil and the culture he has developed at HQ.

GVGjr
22-07-2021, 07:58 PM
It's more attractive to be at Clubland. Not a great reflection for Gil and the culture he has developed at HQ.

I'm not sure if we can draw that conclusion with a lot of confidence. With the reduction in numbers at the HQ this might be a great opportunity to advance a career for someone with talent and a lot of ambition.

bornadog
08-09-2021, 11:05 AM
Bulldogs extend partnership with PEDIGREE® (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1014118)

The Western Bulldogs are pleased to announce that its partnership with PEDIGREE® will continue for a further two years, as a Premier Partner of the Club.

bulldogtragic
08-09-2021, 01:40 PM
Bulldogs extend partnership with PEDIGREE® (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1014118)

The Western Bulldogs are pleased to announce that its partnership with PEDIGREE® will continue for a further two years, as a Premier Partner of the Club.

What an amazing week. Abba reformed and now pedigree extends its sponsorship. Everywhere money, money, money.

Scraggers
08-09-2021, 02:29 PM
What an amazing week. Abba reformed and now pedigree extends its sponsorship. Everywhere money, money, money.

Where is the face-palm emoji ???

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-09-2021, 02:33 PM

Thank goodness you're a list management and draft guru... BT :)

bulldogtragic
12-09-2021, 10:09 AM

The Western Bulldogs are proud to announce a ground-breaking partnership with Australia’s largest Cryptocurrency Exchange, CoinSpot.

This marks the first time a Cryptocurrency Exchange has engaged as a premier partner with a major sports team in Australia.

For the remainder of the 2021 season, and with an option to extend, CoinSpot will feature prominently on the back of the Bulldogs’ AFL guernsey and on its media backdrop.

Geez, they timed sponsoring the jumper to perfection. I wonder if they will extend and put some more cash in our coffers.

Hotdog60
12-09-2021, 12:08 PM
I hope our sponsors are happy that they got on board as they will now get international coverage.

Also a shout to Mission for sticking with us for so long.

bornadog
24-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Coin Spot has extended to two years plus also supporting AFLW team

azabob
24-09-2021, 01:12 PM
Coin Spot has extended to two years plus also supporting AFLW team

Thanks Kylie, I mean BAD!

Love that coin spot are also back of the jumper sponsor for the aflw team.

bornadog
24-09-2021, 01:26 PM
Thanks Kylie, I mean BAD!

Love that coin spot are also back of the jumper sponsor for the aflw team.

You found my real identity :D

bornadog
24-09-2021, 03:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FABaWnyVEAMJh6M?format=jpg&name=large

Throughandthrough
24-09-2021, 04:19 PM

I believe Pedigree is part of the Mars group