PDA

View Full Version : 2015: Your Favourite Moments

comrade
20-09-2015, 09:44 AM
2015 was easily one of the most enjoyable years I've had as a supporter, filled with plenty of thrills.

My 3 favourite moments of the year:

- Clay Smith's goal against Adelaide and the reaction of his teammates.
- Caleb Daniel's debut against Carlton and the crowd going nuts whenever he got the ball.
- The Bonti to Stringer to Wallis to Picko goal against the Roos.

What were your favourite moments?

1eyedog
20-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Stringer's 50 metre goal with 9 minutes left in the EF to put us more than a goal up and break the dead lock. Pure elation.

KT31
20-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Could go on for a while but the main ones I could think of -

- Anytime Bobs passion or captaincy came up.
- Round 19 against Port Adelaide ( I managed to get to a game and see us in the flesh)
- Defeating Swans on their own turf round 5, Dahl or Woods nail in the coffin goal especially.
- Lifting the hoodoo Essendon and North have had over us in recent years.
- Three games in row smashing Dee's, Port and Bombers
- Nearly every passage of play that involved Bonts, Dahl and Stringer.
- Round 12 Tom Boyds game against Brisbane.

comrade
20-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Crameri sticking it up his old mob was pretty satisfying.

F'scary
20-09-2015, 11:24 AM
1. Caleb Daniel debut - realising that we have got a star for pick 46.
2. Toby McLean's 3 & 4th games - again, realising that we had scored a top 10 quality player with pick 26.
3. Lucas Webb's first game - same deal, seeing that our pick 27 was a better than solid talent.
4. Tom Boyd's pack mark in the square against Hawthorn - proving that he has an excellent pair of hands.
5. Bailey Dale's games - again, likely high value for pick 45.
6. Hamling's debut
7. Zaine Cordy's 2 games - as before, looks like a F/S steal at pick 60. When he fills out he could well be a KPD who suits Bevo's style of game.

Happy Days
20-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Stringer's 5th goals against Adelaide and West Coast - watching him look at Hartigan and Hurn and saying to himself "I'm too good for you to stop me" was as good as footy gets.

Twodogs
20-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Great thread.

Being at Barkers cafe for the game against Sydney. Crammed in with at least 500 bulldog supporters and nearly lifting the roof off in celebration when Woods/Dahls goal was paid was great fun. I hugged strangers that night.

comrade
20-09-2015, 11:53 AM
Stringer's 5th goals against Adelaide and West Coast - watching him look at Hartigan and Hurn and saying to himself "I'm too good for you to stop me" was as good as footy gets.

Yep, the one against the Crows was amazing live. The roar when it went through was awesome.

Heck, you could list 10+ favourite Stringer moments this year.

boydogs
20-09-2015, 12:09 PM
The last quarter against the Gold Coast was pretty special. Some great goals in amongst that lot too

Scraggers
20-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Travelling from Perth to Sydney to see a fantastic team efforts to beat last year's grand finalist on their turf. One of the greatest wins I've seen live !!

bulldogtragic
20-09-2015, 01:07 PM
The GCS comeback win.
Bonts, Stringer, Picko goal.
Boydy's hanger.
Anything with Stringer.
Tom Boyd among others getting a rising star nomination.
Last quarters against GCS, Sydney and North. Big bags of goals from Stringer, Dicko and Crameri. Redders 4 in a quarter was good too.
Easton Wood marking everything.
Seeing all the kids, except Runty Hamilton debut this year.
Smashing teams 3 weeks by 60+ in a row for the first time ever.
Bob & Bevo hugging, I think it was the Sydney win.
Clays goal and his team mates. Also pups first goals and team mate celebrations.
Getting into finals and being in front with 5 minutes to go.
Tom Boyd. I don't care about outside noise, he's a star in the making.
Our general men of mayhem game style.
Being excited to go to the footy to watch literally anything miraculous happen.
The rise of Dicko, Grant, Wood, JJ, Dahl, Bob, Boyd and other lifting to another level.

KT31
20-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Would the Mods get shitty if I liked every post in this thread.:D

Ghost Dog
20-09-2015, 02:04 PM
1. Our first Victory against West Coast. Had many a bad experience over the years at Etihad, enduring a Kennedy and Priddis mauling. To beat them was sweet sweet candy pie.

2. To hear people say "Bulldogs are the most exciting team to watch in the AFL".

3. Matty Boyd, hanger over Harry O'Brien. Well, hanger of sorts, but there was air time.

Go_Dogs
20-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Stringer kicking 6, before being subbed out, as we belted the Crows.
Crameri kicking a big bag against the Bombers.
Crushing the then flying GWS side, being the first game against our former captain.

bornadog
20-09-2015, 03:02 PM
* The win against the Swans was the highlight of the year, although there were plenty.

* Highlight player was whenever Stringer went near the ball. He must have kicked 10 goals of the year.

Smads57
20-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Stringer's 50 metre goal with 9 minutes left in the EF to put us more than a goal up and break the dead lock. Pure elation.

I can't go past this point in time either as my absolute favourite moment - I was so proud and just felt more alive than ever....bring on 2016!

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
20-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Beating GWS and the love for Minson's return in that game

Twodogs
20-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Beating GWS and the love for Minson's return in that game

Minson's tackle on Griffen about 20 seconds in. As soon as he has tapped the ball Minson stalked Griffon around the centre square and as soon as he got his first touch Minson grabbed him and shook him until the ball fell loose. I remember that.

strebla
20-09-2015, 04:59 PM
For me is was about round 8 or 9 when I realised what a very very special group we have from Gordon to the bootstudders it is just one mindset and I love it!!!!!

Eastdog
20-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Some of mine:

- the Round 5 win against the Swans
- Beating Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood and Richmond
- Caleb Daniel I think has been great in his first year
- Stringer got heaps of great goals
- Hunter coming up

boydogs
20-09-2015, 06:38 PM
Minson's tackle on Griffen about 20 seconds in

Roughead started in the ruck against GWS

BulldogBelle
20-09-2015, 07:06 PM
- Beating the swans.
- Easton Woods intercept marks
- GC last qtr come back
- Just the excitment generated by the dogs style of play
- Stringer and Bont FULL STOP

Looking forward to next year.

Murphy'sLore
21-09-2015, 02:46 PM
What everyone else has said, but also the March to the MCG. Was so proud and excited that night.

LostDoggy
24-09-2015, 09:03 PM
The win against Sydney.
Cannot remember feeling so alive and such joy after a monumentous win ever.
My kids thought I had become possesed when Woody scooped up the ball one handed,pinged it to JJ who shovelled it to Matty as the realisation that we had just beaten last years GF finalists on their own turf.
To see their old man so joyous and with tears streaming down his face will live long in my memory forever.
This was the day I knew that we were and are going to be something special.

The Doctor
24-09-2015, 09:12 PM
The win against Sydney.
My kids thought I had become possesed when Woody scooped up the ball one handed,pinged it to JJ who shovelled it to Matty as the realisation that we had just beaten last years GF finalists on their own turf.
To see their old man so joyous and with tears streaming down his face will live long in my memory forever.

I'm with you Redders.

That win was sensational, unexpected and made of the kind of resolve that builds a premiership team. We did it with a bunch of kids and a few handy veterans. The club made a statement that day and that was also the day I thought we had a real coach.

LostDoggy
25-09-2015, 06:42 AM
The win against Sydney.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2015-06-14/watch-the-last-two-minutes-syd-v-wb

bornadog
25-09-2015, 09:54 AM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2015-06-14/watch-the-last-two-minutes-syd-v-wb

Thank you for posting, I enjoyed watching that again. How good was this young team, in the wet conditions against a team renown for the best in and under players to beat them at their own game. Easton Wood was just sensational, Stringers tackle on Buddy in the middle of the ground when they were surging forward, the work of Hrovat and many others who just didn't panic.

The Pie Man
25-09-2015, 02:32 PM
Easton Wood's last few minutes of the win in Sydney (honorable mention to Bonts mark & goal before 3 qtr time)
Feeling confident anytime Dickson got the ball inside 50
Stringer's pass to Crameri against North coming off the square
The passage of play that led to Bonts 2nd goal in the last quarter vs Gold Coast
Caleb Daniel's first goal in league footy

Twodogs
25-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Easton Wood's last few minutes of the win in Sydney (honorable mention to Bonts mark & goal before 3 qtr time)
Feeling confident anytime Dickson got the ball inside 50
Stringer's pass to Crameri against North coming off the square
The passage of play that led to Bonts 2nd goal in the last quarter vs Gold Coast
Caleb Daniel's first goal in league footy

I don't think that started out as a pass but it was one of the best things I've seen on the field. People near me were just jumping up and down in ecstasy. North supporters nodded to each other and streamed from the ground.

bornadog
25-09-2015, 02:48 PM
I don't think that started out as a pass but it was one of the best things I've seen on the field. People near me were just jumping up and down in ecstasy. North supporters nodded to each other and streamed from the ground.

I think Jake was celebrating a goal before he realised Crameri marked it.

LostDoggy
25-09-2015, 04:04 PM
My top 5 games of the year:

- R5 v SYD - Been well covered. All game we looked like boys against men in the wet at the SCG, just seemed our resistance had to crack. Still get tingles thinking about the bravery and belief they showed. Era defining. Scenes after the game (especially the look and bearhug Bob and Bevo gave each other immediately after the match) definitely amongst all time favourite Dogs memories.

- R1 v WCE - We've had some cracking R1s over the years, but this is right up there. WCE were really good, and really efficient (14.3.97) but we were just not going to be denied (94 tackles must be close to all time record). At the time the quality was obvious, but it was hard to gauge if it was 2 average teams playing out of their skins or just really good period. Thankfully it was the latter. With all the off season drama and unknowns coming into the new season, the sense of reassurance this game gave was immense.

- R22 v NM - With so much riding on this game and with our opponents in such hot form, this was a memorable performance, with arguably the 2 most exciting passages of the year to cap of an exhilarating final quarter (Stringers blistering acceleration in finding Crameri, and Bonts poise and class to Stringer to Wallis to Picken).

- R9 v GSW - The sort of game that is easily overlooked, but GWS were hot at the time and we were looking proppy. With the Griffen/Ward connection, a lot of feeling in this one. Most memorable contribution from a very fired up Minson on return as well as a career best 36 possession, 7 tackle masterclass from Mitch Wallis. Our intensity was red hot this day, 33 scoring shots t 13 was a serious drubbing.

- R15 v GCS - It's not often you kick 4 goals in 3 quarters and then 10 in the last. Overall a very patchy performance, but would've done wonders for our self belief. Will remember this match for Bonts efforts in (almost) single-handedly lifting us from the brink. His 28 disposal (18 contested), 2 goal effort reinforced his almost unbelievable leadership abilities for a teenager - when we are down he is so often the man.

westdog54
25-09-2015, 04:12 PM
The win against Sydney.

I was sitting with my young son who was sleeping and couldn't find any headphones, so couldn't listen to it on the radio or on the phone. Resorted to constantly refreshing the Game Day page on the AFL website for about a minute until the final score was confirmed.

Couldn't believe it. Never get sick of watching that 'last two minutes' video.

There's also a 'last 30 seconds' video on Youtube that captures some of the celebrations and takes in Bob's chat with Barry Hall afterwards. Well worth a look.

LostDoggy
27-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Thank you for posting, I enjoyed watching that again. How good was this young team, in the wet conditions against a team renown for the best in and under players to beat them at their own game. Easton Wood was just sensational, Stringers tackle on Buddy in the middle of the ground when they were surging forward, the work of Hrovat and many others who just didn't panic.

Yes when you look at it, it was boys against men. In their backyard in their favourite conditions It wasn't a case of us running them off their feet on a dry track, we went toe to toe with just about the best at it going around. They were battle hardened and in years gone by we would've yielded but when they hit us hard we just hit them back harder!

Glad you mentioned Jakes tackle, I don't think Buddy even believed it you can see the look on his face. Tried the don't argue which is all he has to do most times but Jake didn't buckle and down he went. If he breaks free Sydney were away, it was a big moment.

So many young blokes making critical plays! The emotion afterwards and in the song. Just a huge moment for the Club and Supporters and a day none of us will forget.