PDA

View Full Version : Andrejs Everitt to wear No.3

aker39
28-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Just announced on SEN

LostDoggy
28-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Awesome!

Those are some big shoes to fill Andrejs, good luck:)

Go_Dogs
28-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Good decision. IMO, Everitt has almost limitless potential. He could be better than Cooney, Griffen, Higgins, all of them.

Hopefully he can do the jumper proud, I'm positive he will.

Bulldog Revolution
28-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Interesting that they both started in the #29 before moving to the #3 - nice bit of trivia for the future

GVGjr
28-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Interesting that they both started in the #29 before moving to the #3 - nice bit of trivia for the future

I think someone mentioned that was a possibility or a good trend to start a few weeks back in another discussion. I would have preferred that they retire it for a season but it's a good move.

The Underdog
28-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Best of luck to Dr Drejs.

If he's half as good as Turtle (and I reckon he'll be better than that) he'll do it justice.

He seems to deal with pressure so I think he's a good choice.

Max469
28-11-2007, 01:33 PM
I would have preferred that they retire it for a season but it's a good move.

Same, would have preferred a years rest, but young spider is going to be ok

Throughandthrough
28-11-2007, 02:16 PM

Good stat.

The young fella will be chock full of confidence now, well done to the dogs.

Topdog
28-11-2007, 02:28 PM
I think it's great news. Cooney and Griff have already made their mark with their own numbers. Spider jnr hasn't yet and will do the No. 3 proud.

LostDoggy
28-11-2007, 02:34 PM
... I would have preferred that they retire it for a season but it's a good move.

Agree. A changing of the guard. Is this a decision Grant has made?

Topdog
28-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Agree. A changing of the guard. Is this a decision Grant has made?

He announced it so you'd have to think he was involved with it.

The Doctor
28-11-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't think it matters whether the jumper is rested or not so long as Grant is happy to pass it on and the one to receive it is worthy of it. I think Adrejs Everitt is a fabulous choice.

What an honour. Good luck to him.

The Coon Dog
28-11-2007, 04:26 PM
From the club's website:

Everitt inherits famous number 3 (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=4112&newsId=53878)

hujsh
28-11-2007, 04:32 PM
i knew it woulod be about no.3 and you can all check

Bulldog Revolution
28-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I think someone mentioned that was a possibility or a good trend to start a few weeks back in another discussion. I would have preferred that they retire it for a season but it's a good move.

And there I was thinking I'd beaten everyone to the punch

LostDoggy
28-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Everitt dons famous Bulldogs jumper Fox Sports

November 28, 2007 THE No.3 jumper has been worn by three of the greatest figures in Western Bulldogs history, but retired star Chris Grant believes youngster Andrejs Everitt can live up to it.

It is a bold call, given the 18-year-old brother of Sydney veteran Peter Everitt is just eight matches into his AFL career.

The club had offered Grant the option of having the number retire with him, but the Bulldogs' games record-holder decided instead to hand it to Everitt.

The decision illustrates the high expectations the club has of the key position prospect, with the No.3 worn in the past by Bulldogs legend Ted Whitten, the captain of the club's Team of the Century.

Before that, it was worn by another former club captain and Team of the Century member Arthur Olliver, who played in the 1930s and 1940s and, like Whitten, once held the Bulldogs' games record.

Grant said he had not wanted to see such a famous jumper "kept in mothballs".

"We thought Andrejs, he's an outstanding prospect as a player, he's shown that in his first year of AFL footy," Grant said.

"More importantly, what really pleased us was the type of person he is.

"He works hard and there's no fuss about him on and off the field, he works hard and tries to get the job done and we decided it was going to go to someone who would do the number justice."

Grant said coach Rodney Eade had asked him whether he wanted to wait a few more seasons to see which of the young player established themselves.

"I preferred it to go straight into someone's hands that I thought could play a significant part in where we're going in the future and that person's Andrejs," he said.

Everitt said he was surprised, but honoured.

"At the start I didn't think I was going to play (this) year, but to see that I have played and they think of me that highly is really good, I'm looking forward to getting on with it next year," he said.

AAP

bulldogtragic
28-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Now offer Andrejs a contract extension...

bornadog
29-11-2007, 12:19 AM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/Michael%20album/Sponsor%20Night/Andrejis.jpg