PDA

View Full Version : Preseason 2016

Twodogs
30-09-2015, 11:19 PM
I was walking past the ground this morning and I could see a player running up and down the ground inside. Tom Liberatore with two trainers kicking the ball and him running after it picking it up and kicking it back. It was good to see Tom kicking the ball and being able to put a bit of pressure on his knee.

comrade
30-09-2015, 11:37 PM
I was walking past the ground this morning and I could see a player running up and down the ground inside. Tom Liberatore with two trainers kicking the ball and him running after it picking it up and kicking it back. It was good to see Tom kicking the ball and being able to put a bit of pressure on his knee.

Nice.

comrade
30-09-2015, 11:38 PM

I pray that he's pushed through the dark days of his rehab and is now ready to rip the pre-season to shreds and get back to his place amongst the absolute best in the competition. All his mates are on holidays, no doubt living it up and he's grinding away.

Observations like yours give me hope.

Twodogs
01-10-2015, 12:08 AM
I pray that he's pushed through the dark days of his rehab and is now ready to rip the pre-season to shreds and get back to his place amongst the absolute best in the competition. All his mates are on holidays, no doubt living it up and he's grinding away.

That's what impressed me. It reminded me so much of exactly what his dad would be doing. Tony would think "that's great you blokes all go on holiday and I will use that time to get a break on you by training twice as hard while you are all sitting on the beach drinking piss"

Twodogs
01-10-2015, 12:09 AM

That's what impressed me. It reminded me so much of exactly what his dad would be doing. Tony would think "that's great you blokes all go on holiday and I will use that time to get a break on you by training twice as hard while you are all sitting on the beach drinking piss"

ledge
01-10-2015, 03:54 AM
He went on holidays while the players were playing remember.

Go_Dogs
01-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Good news. It's easy to forget how important Tom is after the year we had, but we will be a significantly better side with him back.

Mofra
01-10-2015, 10:32 AM
He did his knee about as early as any player could so he's ahead of other 2015 ACL players.
I'm expecting him to play round 1.

bornadog
01-10-2015, 11:07 AM
He did his knee about as early as any player could so he's ahead of other 2015 ACL players.
I'm expecting him to play round 1.

Let's hope Koby and Clay also recover for 2016.

Twodogs
01-10-2015, 11:45 AM
Has Koby Stevens done an ACL? They had so much trouble working out his injuries last time that I missed what was actually wrong with him.

LostDoggy
01-10-2015, 11:49 AM
I thought Koby was a week or 2 away at finals time? Unless he's redone something he should be right for the start of preseason?

Greystache
01-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Has Koby Stevens done an ACL? They had so much trouble working out his injuries last time that I missed what was actually wrong with him.

He had a heel stress fracture.

bornadog
01-10-2015, 12:30 PM

He had a heel stress fracture.

I thought Koby was a week or 2 away at finals time? Unless he's redone something he should be right for the start of preseason?

Was listed as out indefinitely. Hopefully he has recovered.

Eastdog
01-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Great to hear that Twodogs. Was at the Whitten Oval that game he did his knee and that was a big downer that day but I'm hopeful Tom can get back to the best.

Tom Boyd is another who's progress I'll be interested to hear about on here.

Looking forward to pre season reports from woofers.

LostDoggy
01-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Jakey Stringer is also getting started early going by his Instagram.

Posted a video from FitCentre (James Mulligans centre I believe) putting in some serious hard yards. Loved his hashtag #striveforgreatness

Remi Moses
02-10-2015, 04:16 AM
Great that Tom is doing the right thing

Eastdog
02-10-2015, 04:23 AM
Great that Tom is doing the right thing

Look forward to seeing him play under Bevo properly.

BulldogBelle
07-10-2015, 07:59 PM
It's pretty exciting to think that we still have Libba, Clay Smith and Koby Stevens to come back on board after a long time away with their numerous injuries. I don't think that any that are expected to move on will be hard to replace from the guys we have already. Add the improvement that should come after another, or in some cases a first full pre-season, and things look good.

F'scary
07-10-2015, 09:09 PM
It's pretty exciting to think that we still have Libba, Clay Smith and Koby Stevens to come back on board after a long time away with their numerous injuries. I don't think that any that are expected to move on will be hard to replace from the guys we have already. Add the improvement that should come after another, or in some cases a first full pre-season, and things look good.

And McLean was a lock to play the rest of the season until he got injured. But we saw enough to know we have an absolute star on our list. I'll be very interested to see if he puts on a bit of muscle over the preseason.

ledge
11-10-2015, 10:05 AM
Bevo is looking around the Lorne area for a preseason camp.
He started looking and preparing the week after we lost against the crows.
He was pretty happy with how the season went.
In other news Bont was at eltham Woolworths shopping with his sister on crutches, Minor hip surgery, made the comment we are closer to a grand final than People think.
Not arrogant but obviously confident and sees the something special at this club and we are coming.