PDA

View Full Version : Players For Trade

boydogs
19-10-2015, 03:15 PM
A rumour has come out that we are talking to Gold Coast about both Steven May and pick 3

This suggests we must be prepared to offer something serious going the other way, and really starts the conversation as to who we would be willing to give up

Who are your untouchables? Who could we part with that would be of value to another club? Keeping in mind GC's best defender and pick 3 are both highly valuable, pick 11 + Minson, Talia or Hrovat may secure one of those but not both

Dancin' Douggy
19-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Untouchables?
Gee I'd have a pretty long list of them.

Templeton31
19-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Would love Steven May but can't think of anything I'd be prepared to give up (other than Pick 11 which I would think GWS would not take).

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-10-2015, 03:52 PM
It kinda scares me to think we're even talking about the possibility of trading up to pick 3 let alone 3 plus May. The only way GC entertain trading pick 3 is via the Dogs trading both our pick 11 plus someone of substantial value, of the ilk of a Macrae or a Stringer.
I just can't see us entertaining anything like that.

Twodogs
19-10-2015, 04:13 PM
A rumour has come out that we are talking to Gold Coast about both Steven May and pick 3

This suggests we must be prepared to offer something serious going the other way, and really starts the conversation as to who we would be willing to give up

Who are your untouchables? Who could we part with that would be of value to another club? Keeping in mind GC's best defender and pick 3 are both highly valuable, pick 11 + Minson, Talia or Hrovat may secure one of those but not both

To get May and pick 3

In order;

Bontempelli, Stringer, Liberatore, Wallis, Macrae and Boyd T. And last year's draftees. Maybe.

1eyedog
19-10-2015, 04:20 PM
To get May and pick 3

In order;

Bontempelli, Stringer, Liberatore, Wallis, Macrae and Boyd T. And last year's draftees. Maybe.

I'd have Wood in there between Libba and Wally as well. It would also personally destroy me if we lost Dahl but he's just the type Rocket would be into.

WBFC4FFC
19-10-2015, 06:17 PM
I'd have Wood in there between Libba and Wally as well. It would also personally destroy me if we lost Dahl but he's just the type Rocket would be into.

Hope we are not trading future picks, especially considering that this years draft is suppose to be weak.

Also, what is the view of a) picking-up Super's kid; and b) what pick we would have to give up to do so?

boydogs
19-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Also, what is the view of a) picking-up Super's kid; and b) what pick we would have to give up to do so?

Dalrymple said he is probably a 3rd rounder. Bringing he and Suckling in makes us really overstocked for HBF's and small mid/forwards, maybe it's Dahlhaus, Hunter or JJ on the table

F'scary
19-10-2015, 09:01 PM
Any suggestions as to who could you get for pick 3 either as a trade or ND recruit that would make it worthwhile exchanging pick 11 + one of our emerging (or now established) stars for pick 3 and May?

GVGjr
19-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Any suggestions as to who could you get for pick 3 either as a trade or ND recruit that would make it worthwhile exchanging pick 11 + one of our emerging (or now established) stars for pick 3 and May?

May isn't on the table and I doubt pick 3 is either.
Curnow could be a target though.

boydogs
19-10-2015, 10:10 PM

Maybe Weitering if we've got Carlton on the hook for pick 3 + Talia for pick 1 or something

GVGjr
19-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Maybe Weitering if we've got Carlton on the hook for pick 3 + Talia for pick 1 or something

So in this scenario we trade players to improve our draft position from 11 to 3 and then trade more players to move from 3 to 1?

1eyedog
19-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Dalrymple said he is probably a 3rd rounder. Bringing he and Suckling in makes us really overstocked for HBF's and small mid/forwards, maybe it's Dahlhaus, Hunter or JJ on the table

Trading these players is just crazy. We either get the key back or ruckman that we want or we keep our powder dry from here and take 11 to the draft.

boydogs
19-10-2015, 11:09 PM
So in this scenario we trade players to improve our draft position from 11 to 3 and then trade more players to move from 3 to 1?

Yeah that's what I meant. Pure speculation. Seems as though the top 2 are standouts this year followed by an even pack so not sure why we would be keen on pick 3

Scorlibo
20-10-2015, 12:15 AM
Yeah that's what I meant. Pure speculation. Seems as though the top 2 are standouts this year followed by an even pack so not sure why we would be keen on pick 3

I'd go ahead and back Dalrymple with any advice he's giving on draft position. Bontempelli wasn't considered a standout either.

kruder
20-10-2015, 03:16 AM
I think its just bigfooty boredom. Everyone seems disappointed we haven't been involved much. Um have people actually looked at our list? We don't need depth players at the club we have plenty already and if best 22 players are not available in the trade period I'm happy for the club to hold and go to the draft.

S Coast Simon
20-10-2015, 07:22 AM
I agree. We could do with a ruckman and a CHB. If there is none available that are going to slot straight into our best 22 then I wouldn't trade just for the sake of trading. For the first time in along time we seem to have a list management team that know their stuff. I'm confident they have it under control. I do get excited around trade and draft time and would love to know what they are thinking but I am comfortable they are on to it.

Mofra
20-10-2015, 11:23 AM
We may also be looking to rookie / draft in mature types, There's at least 3 KPDs doing well in the VFL (Coughlan, Hartley, Brown) we can look at if we don't take Collins.

Bandit
20-10-2015, 11:22 PM
Like most, I'm very keen on May. Does anyone believe we are a serious chance of this happening or is it just trade week bs?

bulldogtragic
20-10-2015, 11:26 PM
Like most, I'm very keen on May. Does anyone believe we are a serious chance of this happening or is it just trade week bs?

We've enquirer for the last three years. We were knocked back each time, he recontracted again a year back and is under contract in a team who have lost a lot of experience. I wouldn't put money it, but he'd be a good get. Just not likely.