PDA

View Full Version : Trade updates

GVGjr
20-10-2015, 09:32 AM
A list of all the trades so far from MMM (http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/trade-free-agency2/trade-tracker/)

PLAYER MOVEMENTS

22. Jonathan Giles and pick No.62 (Essendon) traded to West Coast for pick No.57

21. Steve Johnson (Geelong) traded to Greater Western Sydney for a 2016 fifth-round draft pick.

20. Jarrad Jansen and Josh Walker (Geelong) traded to Brisbane Lions for a 2016 third-round draft pick

19. Josh Walker and Jarrad Jansen (Geelong) traded to Brisbane Lions for a 2016 third-round draft pick

18. Daniel Currie (North Melbourne) traded to Gold Coast for pick No.53.

17. Zac Smith (Gold Coast) traded to Geelong for pick No.49 and pick N0.53.

16. Tom Bell and pick No.41 (Carlton) traded to Brisbane Lions for pick No.21 and pick No.60.

15. Jacob Townsend and pick No.120 (Greater Western Sydney) traded to Richmond for pick No.70.

14. Curtly Hampton (Greater Western Sydney) traded to Adelaide for a 2016 second-round draft pick.

13. Dawson Simpson (Geelong) to Greater Western Sydney as an unrestricted free agent.

12. Jed Anderson, pick No.38 and pick No.40 (Hawthorn) traded to North Melbourne for pick No.15 and pick No.54.

11. Matthew Leuenberger (Brisbane Lions) to Essendon as a restricted free agent. Lions receive pick No.39 as compensation.

10. Jake Melksham (Essendon) traded to Melbourne for pick No.25.

9. Callum Sinclair (West Coast) traded to Sydney for Lewis Jetta

8. Lewis Jetta (Sydney) traded to West Coast for Callum Sinclair

7. Harley Bennell and pick No.22 (Gold Coast) traded to Fremantle for pick No.16 and pick No.35.

6. Lachie Henderson (Carlton) traded to Geelong for a 2016 first-round draft pick.

5. Jack Redden (Brisbane Lions) traded to West Coast for pick No.17.

4. Scott Selwood (West Coast) to Geelong as a restricted free agent. Eagles receive pick No.37 as compensation.

3. Dean Gore, pick No.9 and pick No.28 (Geelong) traded to Adelaide for Patrick Dangerfield and pick No.50.

2. Patrick Dangerfield and pick No.50 (Adelaide) traded to Geelong for Dean Gore, pick No.9 and pick No.28

1. Matthew Suckling (Hawthorn) to Western Bulldogs as an unrestricted free agent. Hawks receive pick No.39 as compensation.

whythelongface
20-10-2015, 09:52 AM
thanks for taking the time out to provide this update.

Seems to be a fair amount of player movements already with plenty more to come over the next few days.

G-Mo77
20-10-2015, 10:09 AM
With all the moaning people do at this time there is actually a fair bit of movement there.

GVGjr
20-10-2015, 10:17 AM
thanks for taking the time out to provide this update.

Seems to be a fair amount of player movements already with plenty more to come over the next few days.

It's a copy and paste so I deserve no credit ;) Thanks anyway
I will add the link

With all the moaning people do at this time there is actually a fair bit of movement there.

It's been a huge trading period and to be honest I think too many players are moving and there will be quite a few today with the GWS trade of 4 players for one draft pick in the 2nd round likely to occur

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-10-2015, 10:29 AM
It's been a huge trading period and to be honest I think too many players are moving and there will be quite a few today with the GWS trade of 4 players for one draft pick in the 2nd round likely to occur

How is that an honest trade? Plowman alone should command more than the pick Carlton are offering up for the 4 players.
Some real funny evaluations this trade period. How the Lions could get the Eagles 1st round pick for Redden is a mystery to me.

bornadog
20-10-2015, 10:39 AM
This table includes rookies, which I think is not right.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRtqQkbVAAATKOt.png:large

GVGjr
20-10-2015, 10:48 AM
It's for the total list which I agree isn't correct.

GVGjr
20-10-2015, 10:53 AM
How is that an honest trade? Plowman alone should command more than the pick Carlton are offering up for the 4 players.
Some real funny evaluations this trade period. How the Lions could get the Eagles 1st round pick for Redden is a mystery to me.

For Carlton it's a combination of GWS needing to reduce their list number and needing points for academy players plus they have a good rapport with SOS.

I'd be looking to offer our pick 30 for Plowman if we aren't confident we can get in a decent defender. While a few here don't rate him I think he would be an upgrade with our current list.

Regarding Redden, I was surprised how quickly that deal got done. Once again Brisbane need the points and yet got a better than expected deal.

Twodogs
20-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Roarke Smith signed an extension didn't he?

azabob
20-10-2015, 10:22 PM
Roarke Smith signed an extension didn't he?

Yes.

F'scary
20-10-2015, 11:18 PM
A list like that GVGjr is begging to be annotated. Here is my take:

PLAYER MOVEMENTS

22. Jonathan Giles and pick No.62 (Essendon) traded to West Coast for pick No.57 memo to Esserdon: see the Biggs deal from last year.

21. Steve Johnson (Geelong) traded to Greater Western Sydney for a 2016 fifth-round draft pick. This move suggests that Geelong thinks they are going to cut so many players in 2016 that they will need this pick. Not good. Not good. Especially when their other activity is taken into account (see below).

20. Jarrad Jansen and Josh Walker (Geelong) traded to Brisbane Lions for a 2016 third-round draft pick. Geelong, trading in futures like Lehman Brothers. 2013 draft selections 54 and 36 handed over for around pick 55 next year. Brilliant.

19. Josh Walker and Jarrad Jansen (Geelong) traded to Brisbane Lions for a 2016 third-round draft pick

18. Daniel Currie (North Melbourne) traded to Gold Coast for pick No.53. What no futures?

17. Zac Smith (Gold Coast) traded to Geelong for pick No.49 and pick N0.53. This is kind of a no win trade. Gold Cost should have been able to get a better deal than this, so not clever on their part. And Geelong, swinging away blindly in the traders ring, really need another ruckman. They must think there is a prize for fielding the tallest team. Either that, or they thought they heard there was a really late 5th round pick in 2016 on offer.

16. Tom Bell and pick No.41 (Carlton) traded to Brisbane Lions for pick No.21 and pick No.60. Carlton have been so bad at the trade table in recent years, they shouldn't risk one of their few good players for another Blaine Boekhurst brain fade. Bad move, Blues.

15. Jacob Townsend and pick No.120 (Greater Western Sydney) traded to Richmond for pick No.70. A 6th round sweetener was needed for a player valued at pick 70?

14. Curtly Hampton (Greater Western Sydney) traded to Adelaide for a 2016 second-round draft pick. Like GWS really need more picks. But you got to hand it to them for their entry into the Lehman Brothers sweep.

13. Dawson Simpson (Geelong) to Greater Western Sydney as an unrestricted free agent. Surprising they didn't match the offer so that they could bargain for another 5th round pick in 2016.

12. Jed Anderson, pick No.38 and pick No.40 (Hawthorn) traded to North Melbourne for pick No.15 and pick No.54. Good old North Melbourne. They're chumps through and through. For Hawthorn will fourpeat on this, just you wait and see.

11. Matthew Leuenberger (Brisbane Lions) to Essendon as a restricted free agent. Lions receive pick No.39 as compensation. Compo sounds like the Bumbers paid overs.

10. Jake Melksham (Essendon) traded to Melbourne for pick No.25. A triumph for Dodoro. Melbourne, you idiots.

9. Callum Sinclair (West Coast) traded to Sydney for Lewis Jetta. Won't knock this one.

8. Lewis Jetta (Sydney) traded to West Coast for Callum Sinclair

7. Harley Bennell and pick No.22 (Gold Coast) traded to Fremantle for pick No.16 and pick No.35. Not sure who wins this: the citizens of Fremantle or the citizens of the Gold Coast?

6. Lachie Henderson (Carlton) traded to Geelong for a 2016 first-round draft pick. Geelong, continuing with their Lehman Brothers impersonation.

5. Jack Redden (Brisbane Lions) traded to West Coast for pick No.17. Brisbane, putting one over West Coke. Who would have thought?

4. Scott Selwood (West Coast) to Geelong as a restricted free agent. Eagles receive pick No.37 as compensation. More brilliance by Geelong. Bring in a player who is about to retire so that you can use one of your new 5th round picks at the end of the season. Genius.

3. Dean Gore, pick No.9 and pick No.28 (Geelong) traded to Adelaide for Patrick Dangerfield and pick No.50. Still Pining for Abblett.

2. Patrick Dangerfield and pick No.50 (Adelaide) traded to Geelong for Dean Gore, pick No.9 and pick No.28

1. Matthew Suckling (Hawthorn) to Western Bulldogs as an unrestricted free agent. Hawks receive pick No.39 as compensation. So who have we delisted to make room for this young, proven dual premiership player who possesses that most rare of all commodities, the leg cannon? Win!

bornadog
21-10-2015, 02:22 PM
18 of the first 30 picks in the AFL draft have changed hands with 24 hours to go

The Bulldogs Bite
21-10-2015, 02:24 PM
18 of the first 30 picks in the AFL draft have changed hands with 24 hours to go

That really is an amazing stat.

bornadog
22-10-2015, 01:54 PM
I like this tweet:

The life of Pick 28 (so far)
1. Geelong to Adelaide
2. Adelaide to Carlton
3. Carlton to GWS
4. GWS to Collingwood
5. Collingwood to North

Bulldog4life
22-10-2015, 01:56 PM
I like this tweet:

The life of Pick 28 (so far)
1. Geelong to Adelaide
2. Adelaide to Carlton
3. Carlton to GWS
4. GWS to Collingwood
5. Collingwood to North

It is like "pass the parcel" game

bornadog
22-10-2015, 02:10 PM
42 players have found a new home so far with less than an hour for trading to go.

GVGjr
22-10-2015, 02:18 PM
42 players have found a new home so far with less than an hour for trading to go.

To put into perspective how may players are on a primary list?

bornadog
22-10-2015, 02:19 PM
To put into perspective how may players are on a primary list?

Yes so true, a whole team has been traded.

bornadog
23-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Another stat.

19 contracted players were traded. Take out free agents & Stevie J/Jack Fitzpatrick & that's more than half the total trades.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Another stat.

19 contracted players were traded. Take out free agents & Stevie J/Jack Fitzpatrick & that's more than half the total trades.

That's remarkable.

bornadog
23-10-2015, 06:04 PM
That's remarkable.

Contract not worth much these days.

I just hope we can hold on to our best players over the coming years.

GVGjr
23-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Contract not worth much these days.

I just hope we can hold on to our best players over the coming years.

If a club tries to break a contract without watertight reasons the players association would be all over them.
These contracts are weighted too heavily towards protecting the players.

azabob
23-10-2015, 08:22 PM
If a club tries to break a contract without watertight reasons the players association would be all over them.

Not necessarily the contracts, but definitely the players ability to move when out of contract, free agency and restricted free agency. Which inturn puts the players in a strong negotiationing position regardless of their contract status.

I shudder at the thought of the players union pushing for greater free agency rights.

F'scary
23-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Not necessarily the contracts, but definitely the players ability to move when out of contract, free agency and restricted free agency. Which inturn puts the players in a strong negotiationing position regardless of their contract status.

I shudder at the thought of the players union pushing for greater free agency rights.

I think the players' union just negotiated the pay rise for the train drivers.

LostDoggy
23-10-2015, 11:41 PM
It's really up to the clubs to make a stand when Player X nominates a club and ”wants to go home for family reasons”. If they won't play, sit them out. Stand tough. Until they start doing that, and accepting having a player who you know doesn't want to be there but you deal with it for the year regardless, players will hold the cards.

BornInDroopSt'54
23-10-2015, 11:51 PM
I think the players' union just negotiated the pay rise for the train drivers.
I heard on radio the train drivers are on $140,000 pa. One at my golf club drives a new Merc., I'll ask him.

westdog54
24-10-2015, 12:14 AM
It's really up to the clubs to make a stand when Player X nominates a club and ”wants to go home for family reasons”. If they won't play, sit them out. Stand tough. Until they start doing that, and accepting having a player who you know doesn't want to be there but you deal with it for the year regardless, players will hold the cards.
Which is exactly what GWS did with Cam McCarthy, and rightly so.

I can still remember the outrage in the NRL when Sonny Bill Williams walked out on a 5 year contract to play rugby in France. His interview on the Footy Show was one of the most inarticulate and garbled appearances I've ever seen from a sportsman.

ledge
24-10-2015, 10:56 AM
I heard on radio the train drivers are on $140,000 pa. One at my golf club drives a new Merc., I'll ask him.
My brother and nephew are train drivers, then again you could just ask Strebla.

KT31
26-10-2015, 10:58 AM
Have one in my family and the figure is pretty close.

F'scary
26-10-2015, 01:46 PM

That would include payments for working shifts, weekends and public holidays, wouldn't it?

KT31
26-10-2015, 05:54 PM
That would include payments for working shifts, weekends and public holidays, wouldn't it?

Correct.

GVGjr
04-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Plowman was a player I was interested in last year and the Blues supporters I know have been more than pleasantly surprised by his form. He performed well when we played Carlton
Given the right opportunities I think we could find one or two more players at GWS that could fit into our side

EasternWest
04-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Plowman was a player I was interested in last year and the Blues supporters I know have been more than pleasantly surprised by his form. He performed well when we played Carlton
Given the right opportunities I think we could find one or two more players at GWS that could fit into our side

Agreed. I reckon we could maybe squeeze Jeremy Cameron in.

bulldogtragic
04-06-2016, 01:22 PM

I've been thinking about GWS. What do they want for traded players? They really don't need any high range picks and their existing players & depth is such they don't really need players either. Is it about another 3 academy kids likely this year, so maybe only points they're after? Is that your take Mr G?

Rocco Jones
04-06-2016, 01:48 PM
I've been thinking about GWS. What do they want for traded players? They really don't need any high range picks and their existing players & depth is such they don't really need players either. Is it about another 3 academy kids likely this year, so maybe only points they're after? Is that your take Mr G?

I think sides can always do with more early picks. Like a rich dude having investment portfolio, helps them say rich. Like you said, helps with academy and points.

GWS would be smart to not go hard in retaining guys they consider fringe/not vital, save cap space and keep getting in kids. Spread their unsustainable golden era to a couple of eras. With smart football management, they could be strong for a very, very long time.

Bulldog4life
04-06-2016, 02:13 PM

I don't think Marchbank has signed beyond this year yet.

Twodogs
04-06-2016, 02:17 PM
I'd like Marchbank but I don't know how much that is to completly zip the Boyd deal up or how much it is that he's a good player and would fit in well. He's the fly in the Boyd deal ointment ATM.

bulldogtragic
04-06-2016, 02:30 PM
I'd like Marchbank but I don't know how much that is to completly zip the Boyd deal up or how much it is that he's a good player and would fit in well. He's the fly in the Boyd deal ointment ATM.

BMac said we were taking Pete Wright. I'd like him to cancel it out.

comrade
04-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Don't mind the developing ruckman from GWS, Downie. With Minno winding down, we need an extra ruck on the list.

Bulldog4life
04-06-2016, 02:38 PM
Got the following off a website. GWS Off Contract 2016: Jake Barrett...don't know much about him but I read doggies were interested in him before GWS drafted him. I think he had 34 possessions in game against Gold Coast this year but not 100%, Tom Downie, Jeremy Finlayson, Matthew Flynn, Tim Golds, Harrison Himmelberg, Jacob Hopper, Steve Johnson, Matthew Kennedy, Daniel Lloyd, Caleb Marchbank, Pat McKenna, Tim Mohr, Joel Patfull, Sam Reid, Dawson Simpson, Jack Steele, James Stewart.

Also not 100% sure if all is correct but appears so.

http://www.zerohanger.com/afl/teams/greater-western-sydney-giants/#A3Z6kdRauIOu26OI.97

GVGjr
04-06-2016, 04:24 PM

Currently I think they want a combination of early draft picks, academy points and salary cap relief. They will trade with Freo or West Coast for Cameron McCarthy's services and will probably look to trade another player or haven't established themselves in their top 22 players. That leaves a couple of opportunities for us to get involved especially when GWS players will see us as finals contenders for the next few seasons.

GVGjr
04-06-2016, 04:25 PM
I don't think Marchbank has signed beyond this year yet.

I hear there are some whispers he isn't jumping to sign a contract.

Twodogs
04-06-2016, 05:34 PM
I hear there are some whispers he isn't jumping to sign a contract.

Have heard he wants to come to Melbourne. I don't know much about him apart from he went with the pick we gave GWS. Is he a Melbourne kid?

KT31
05-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Have heard he wants to come to Melbourne. I don't know much about him apart from he went with the pick we gave GWS. Is he a Melbourne kid?

Benalla, according to a few recent articles St-Kilda and Carlton have shown plenty of interest in him.

bulldogtragic
05-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Benalla, according to a few recent articles St-Kilda and Carlton have shown plenty of interest in him.

We know Carlton will have some money when Tutt is cut and Jones $350,000 a season finishes next year, unless they can pay him out to not come back next year and include the salary this year. So they'll have some good money to get another good tall defender around Weitering.

comrade
05-06-2016, 12:28 PM
I'm a masochist but I watched most of the Freo game last night. Hill was pretty impressive with his long kicking and was also pretty astute with his quick hand balling under pressure.

bulldogtragic
05-06-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm a masochist but I watched most of the Freo game last night. Hill was pretty impressive with his long kicking and was also pretty astute with his quick hand balling under pressure.

That's why I'm keen on him with my three club trade involving GWS with McCarthy. Freo need another first rounder to help the rebuild.

comrade
05-06-2016, 01:52 PM
That's why I'm keen on him with my three club trade involving GWS with McCarthy. Freo need another first rounder to help the rebuild.

I'm warming to it.

Remi Moses
05-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Hill would compliment us perfectly.
Certainly food for thought

The Doctor
05-06-2016, 05:35 PM
Hill would compliment us perfectly.
Certainly food for thought

no he wouldn't, we have Dickson who effectively took his place and is better.

bulldogtragic
05-06-2016, 05:38 PM

Steven Hill, Dr.

Remi Moses
05-06-2016, 07:56 PM

You don't think I'm talking Josh Hill ;)

Remi Moses
05-06-2016, 07:57 PM
Steven Hill, Dr.

How about Brad Crouch ? He's injury prone, but we were keen to pick him up a few years back

The Doctor
05-06-2016, 08:07 PM
sorry boys thought we were talking Josh Hill, thought we had gone mad.

Never mind me, I'll find my own way out, go on, carry on!

The Doctor
05-06-2016, 08:08 PM
How about Brad Crouch ? He's injury prone, but we were keen to pick him up a few years back

yes please

bulldogtragic
28-06-2016, 11:20 PM
Reports are Jaeger wants $750,000 a season, with his bad knees. If someone pays that over 5 years then Barrett's head will probably explode. If North retire Petrie, Waite & Harvey they'll have the cash, so my money is on them to do it. Who does Barrett support again....

LostDoggy
29-06-2016, 05:34 PM
I'm pretty sure Dion Prestia's manager is one Marty Pask.
Any chance of us having the inside running for him if we are interested and the "Price Is Right!?"

soupman
30-06-2016, 04:25 AM
I'm pretty sure Dion Prestia's manager is one Marty Pask.
Any chance of us having the inside running for him if we are interested and the "Price Is Right!?"

Wouldn't count on it.

I think Pask was Lakes manager and the way he handled his departure didn't indicate he was in the business of giving us any favours.

Rocco Jones
30-06-2016, 05:06 AM
Pask is/was good mates with Aker too.

Twodogs
30-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Pask is/was good mates with Aker too.

Yep he wouldn't have had a rookie spot with us if it weren't for Aker.

bornadog
30-06-2016, 09:47 AM
Wouldn't count on it.

I think Pask was Lakes manager and the way he handled his departure didn't indicate he was in the business of giving us any favours.

Don't believe Pask was Lake's Manager. Can't remember his name but certainly not Pask.

Remi Moses
30-06-2016, 10:01 AM
Don't believe Pask was Lake's Manager. Can't remember his name but certainly not Pask.

I'm pretty sure it was Pask

bornadog
30-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Wouldn't count on it.

I'm pretty sure it was Pask

Apologies, you are right.

bulldogtragic
06-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Lewis Taylor demanding $500,000 a season or leaving. That Rising Star must have gone to his head...

westdog54
06-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Lewis Taylor demanding $500,000 a season or leaving. That Rising Star must have gone to his head...

Surely he's taking the piss. Since his first year his form has been indifferent at best.

I wouldn't be working too hard to retain him at that rate if I was Brisbane.

Twodogs
06-07-2016, 01:44 PM

Surely he's taking the piss. Since his first year his form has been indifferent at best.

FMD what is wrong with these people? I understand greed as well as anybody but this is just getting silly. Lewis Taylor is an ordinary footballer and if he thinks this is anyway to repay the faith that Brisbane have shown in him then he is just as ordinary a human being. I hope we give him a wide berth or tell him where he can stick his 500k

Bulldog4life
06-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Problem is that a team such as Brisbane is paying close to 100% of the salary cap comparable or just under what some of the top 8 Clubs are paying. Yet their players are inferior.

bulldogtragic
06-07-2016, 02:06 PM

Robbo said as much as this and showed how his stats and output aren't anywhere near decent enough for anything remotely close to the demanding price.

LostDoggy
06-07-2016, 05:12 PM

Extracting The Urine of the Highest Level.

azabob
06-07-2016, 06:32 PM
Forget what he's asking, who'd be silly enough to pay?

anfo27
06-07-2016, 06:44 PM
Forget what he's asking, who'd be silly enough to pay?

Carlton! The gave Jones & Tutt great deals.

LostDoggy
06-07-2016, 07:05 PM
The Filth.
RICHmond.

Bulldog Joe
06-07-2016, 07:14 PM
The Filth.
RICHmond.

Richmond had a similar position 2 or 3 years ago with a certain player demanding something in the order of $500K and deciding to test the market.

Even though he is an infinitely better player than Little Lewie, Dustin Martin still had to go back and accept the original offer (or less).

Twodogs
07-07-2016, 01:08 AM
With the rise coming in the new rights deal 500 grand probably won't be that much. I mean it's a lot of money in the real world but footy has gone insane and seems to be playing with Monopoly money.

Happy Days
07-07-2016, 01:33 AM
Lewis Taylor actually kind of sucks and I wouldn't be paying him period to play footy, let alone $500k.

bornadog
07-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Six players on the ruck role roundabout (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-07/six-players-on-the-ruck-role-roundabout?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=RSS+feed%3A+AFL+Latest+News)

HALF A dozen out-of-contract ruckmen are attracting interest from AFL clubs looking to bolster their ruck stocks at season's end.

The six players opposition clubs are hoping to entice into the annual rucking revolving door are Jarrod Witts (Collingwood), Nathan Vardy (Geelong), Zac Clarke (Fremantle), Majak Daw (North Melbourne), Tom Downie (GWS), and Tom Nicholls (Gold Coast).

Witts has been linked with the Brisbane Lions, while Vardy has reportedly attracted interest from the Western Bulldogs.

Both players have been starved of opportunities after being touted as potential stars after just a few games.

Witts attracted interest from the Giants at the end of last season but decided to stay with the Magpies, however he has only played two senior games this season after a finger injury ruined the first half of the season.

The 23-year-old could attract a second-round draft pick if he was traded, with Brodie Grundy's stronghold on the senior ruck spot and the emergence of Mason Cox limiting his chances at the Magpies.

Vardy has played 25 games since making his debut in 2011. A hip injury and a knee reconstruction have made life difficult for the 25-year-old.

He has played just one AFL game this season, but been fit enough to play nine VFL games and appears to have slipped behind Mitch Clark in the pecking order.

At his best, Vardy is an exciting ruck-forward.

Fremantle's athletic free agent Zac Clarke will attract interest from Victorian clubs, while North Melbourne is keen to retain Majak Daw but he will be in demand if he chooses to explore options elsewhere.

Downie has been in excellent form in the NEAFL for the Giants and is a solid back-up for Shane Mumford.

Carlton and Richmond are understood to have been among several clubs monitoring the 23-year-old, who has played nine games for the Giants since his debut in 2013, which was against the Tigers.

He is understood to remain a required player for the Giants, which recruited him in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft.

Another required ruckman yet to sign is Gold Coast's Tom Nicholls, although parties are understood to have been having positive discussions about his future.

Nicholls battled to cement his position as No.1 ruck early in the season after the club cleared Zac Smith to Geelong, but he has returned to good form in recent weeks.

Geelong is one of the few clubs with more than one top quality ruckman on its list, with Richmond, the Brisbane Lions, Carlton, North Melbourne and Melbourne understood to be in the market for at least a back-up ruckman.

At the end of 2015, seven ruckmen changed clubs, with Smith joining Geelong (14 games in 2016), Matthew Leuenberger joining Essendon (13), Dawson Simpson joining the Giants (no games), Callum Sinclair joining the Sydney Swans (13), Daniel Currie joining Gold Coast (four), Jonathan Giles joining West Coast (one) and Andrew Phillips joining Carlton (eight).

Hawthorn's 2008 premiership team was the most recent flag-winning combination to not have at least one ruckman recruited from another club.

ledge
07-07-2016, 09:50 PM
No mention of Minson

GVGjr
07-07-2016, 11:05 PM
No mention of Minson

And that surprises you because?

Twodogs
08-07-2016, 03:41 AM
And that surprises you because?

Still in contract next year isn't he?

Bulldog Joe
08-07-2016, 06:39 AM
Still in contract next year isn't he?

Minson is out of contract, but it would appear that everyone agrees that the game has passed him by.

jeemak
14-07-2016, 11:28 PM
What are people's thoughts on Mitch Clark, does he have the capacity to get back to the required level and keep on the level?

What would he cost, and is he the Geelong player we should be looking at?

bulldogtragic
14-07-2016, 11:33 PM
What are people's thoughts on Mitch Clark, does he have the capacity to get back to the required level and keep on the level?

I was actually thinking of this today. He's buyer beware with his injuries like Vardy. Vardy can also ruck so I'm still more towards him, but if we he low cost in salary and trade maybe worth thinking of as part or surveying all options. I'm not sure he will ever get back to what he was before the foot injuries.

Twodogs
14-07-2016, 11:56 PM

Is Mitch Clark get more hyped by the fact he keeps changing clubs or his performances on the field? When did he last play a decent stretch of good footy? I'm having trouble remembering any in the last five years.

jeemak
15-07-2016, 12:11 AM
He was pretty good in 2012, and in bits and pieces of 2013 averaging 2.6 and 1.8 goals in each season respectively, though his injury issues failed him.

As a ruck in 2009 he was putting together some excellent numbers. Plus 16 touches a game, over 22 hitouts a game and four tackles a game. But, that's a long time ago.

He's made his money for rehab these past few years, I reckon he'd come cheap now.

Axe Man
15-07-2016, 12:11 AM
Is Mitch Clark get more hyped by the fact he keeps changing clubs or his performances on the field? When did he last play a decent stretch of good footy? I'm having trouble remembering any in the last five years.

He had a good start at Melbourne in 2012 - 29 goals in 11 games in a terrible team.

Since then he hasn't looked like getting back to that level unfortunately, due to body and mind. Would be a risk and wouldn't surprise me if he isn't even playing next year.

Bulldog Joe
15-07-2016, 12:39 AM
Mitch Clark seems to high risk for me.

He will also be 29 before the start of 2017. Just think his issues really preclude him playing a meaningful role.

jeemak
15-07-2016, 01:03 AM
In all likelihood he'll move home and either play AFL cheap as chips or not at all.

But, his type of player at reasonable output is what we need.

S Coast Simon
15-07-2016, 09:08 AM
Thought he was really good in the ruck years ago then they wanted to make him a forward. Remember Croad AA CHB then freo tried to make him a forward. Back to Hawks back to CHB and back to AA. Put Clarke in the ruck

comrade
15-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Damaged goods now, you'd think. Mind and body haven't been able to cope and after waiting so long to play at AFL level again, he gets dropped after a single game. Seems odd and reckon there's more going on with him.

He's a pass for mine.

Bulldog4life
15-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Damaged goods now, you'd think. Mind and body haven't been able to cope and after waiting so long to play at AFL level again, he gets dropped after a single game. Seems odd and reckon there's more going on with him.

He's a pass for mine.

Agree that incident when he said something nasty about Duncan's girlfriend is enough for me. Not a good fit for our Club.

jeemak
15-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Agree that incident when he said something nasty about Duncan's girlfriend is enough for me. Not a good fit for our Club.

How do you feel about Will Minson?

bulldogtragic
15-07-2016, 10:33 AM
Could he build his fitness and be recruited as a ruckman/forward? That makes him more interesting on low salary, but still the injuries are the big concern. I still think Vardy's raw talent is still better.

Bulldog4life
15-07-2016, 12:29 PM
How do you feel about Will Minson?

Wasn't good. But Will was already with our Club.

bornadog
15-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Could he build his fitness and be recruited as a ruckman/forward? That makes him more interesting on low salary, but still the injuries are the big concern. I still think Vardy's raw talent is still better.

Mitch Clark and Vardy and a big no for me. Not interested in players that can't stay on the park, we have had our fair share. It is a huge risk.

bornadog
15-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Any interest
Rival clubs circling big Swan Toby Nankervis (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-15/rival-clubs-circling-big-swan-toby-nankervis?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=RSS+feed%3A+AFL+Latest+News)

Axe Man
15-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Any interest
Rival clubs circling big Swan Toby Nankervis (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-15/rival-clubs-circling-big-swan-toby-nankervis?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=RSS+feed%3A+AFL+Latest+News)

It seems like there will be a lot of ruckmen on the move at seasons end. Perhaps there should be a ruck swap meet where all the clubs can bring along their pre-loved big men and swap them for a different model?

1eyedog
15-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Any interest

Wow they'll circle anyone over 195 won't they.

He's basically Will Minson - no thanks.

bulldogtragic
15-07-2016, 07:18 PM
It seems like there will be a lot of ruckmen on the move at seasons end. Perhaps there should be a ruck swap meet where all the clubs can bring along their pre-loved big men and swap them for a different model?

A swap meet of pre-loved rucks held in the docklands car park on the 1st Saturday in October? Coffee van and hot jam donuts, walk your dog around. Sounds like a nice kitch Sunday morning. I'm in.

azabob
15-07-2016, 07:20 PM
Wow they'll circle anyone over 195 won't they.

He's basically Will Minson - no thanks.

Who?

Twodogs
15-07-2016, 08:12 PM
A swap meet of pre-loved rucks held in the docklands car park on the 1st Saturday in October? Coffee van and hot jam donuts, walk your dog around. Sounds like a nice kitch Sunday morning. I'm in.

I've been advocating for a room to be set up at Telstra with a bunch of tables during trade week and when a player is put on the table for trade he should actually get up on a table until he's traded or taken back by his original club.

ledge
15-07-2016, 08:31 PM
Wow did I just hear on fox footy their are 17 players coming out of contract at the bombers?
That's near on half the list, then again it probably includes the 12 who were replacing the dirty dozen.

Bulldog4life
15-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Wow did I just hear on fox footy their are 17 players coming out of contract at the bombers?
That's near on half the list, then again it probably includes the 12 who were replacing the dirty dozen.

Plus another 6 of the famous 12 makes 23!

Bulldog4life
15-07-2016, 09:11 PM

Doesnt include the 12

LostDoggy
16-07-2016, 09:06 AM

Probably includes all the replacements on one year contracts.

KT31
12-08-2016, 11:36 PM
Ballantyne asked to be traded to Eagles.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-12/dockers-shock-as-ballantyne-asks-for-trade-to-eagles

GVGjr
12-08-2016, 11:37 PM

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-12/dockers-shock-as-ballantyne-asks-for-trade-to-eagles
He should be stood down.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2016, 11:45 PM
Hopefully Freo go into free fall for round 23.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-08-2016, 12:53 AM

Wow.

Remi Moses
13-08-2016, 02:33 PM
Fremantle can't play Ballantyne now.
That's awful really, and it sounds like Fyfe isn't happy either

Rocket Science
13-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Looks like Barlow's heading our the door as well. Probably to us.

https://s9.postimg.org/bjd4d9ncv/Screen_shot_2016_08_13_at_3_06_46_PM.png (https://postimg.org/image/3qmglahdn/)

I jest. But a Brisbane-like exodus brewing over there ...

bulldogtragic
13-08-2016, 04:49 PM
Do we have room on the list for Barlow, or the desire? Happy to take Nat Fyffe somehow next year.

Zack Dawson the answer to our fullback question... :D

ledge
13-08-2016, 10:48 PM

He is 29 and slowing with injuries,
Would WC want him?

bulldogtragic
13-08-2016, 10:57 PM
He is 29 and slowing with injuries,
Would WC want him?

He's 100 times better than Josh Hill.

Templeton31
14-08-2016, 07:16 PM
The noises from Freo are like the noises we had pre the horrendous end of 2014 (exodus Griffen, Macca, Coons etc). Anyone from Freo we do want coz they might be gettable right now? There was a rumour at some point in last few years we were keen on Zac Clarke? Anyone else?

1eyedog
16-08-2016, 10:45 AM
The noises from Freo are like the noises we had pre the horrendous end of 2014 (exodus Griffen, Macca, Coons etc). Anyone from Freo we do want coz they might be gettable right now? There was a rumour at some point in last few years we were keen on Zac Clarke? Anyone else?

I'll have Michael Walters please.

Bulldog Revolution
16-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Balla is leaving a year early because he wants a longer contract. Freo don't want to offer it

If I had his history of soft tissue injuries Id want an extended contract also

Ozza
16-08-2016, 10:58 AM
I don't think Ballantyne has ever really recovered from his horror Grand Final.

He was flying before then - and hasn't been the same player since. Used to be a deadly goal kicker, and rarely wasted a possession - but has been just a player ever since.

I didn't mind the little pest when he was up and going. He used to serve it up to the good teams, it was fun.

bulldogtragic
16-08-2016, 11:00 AM
I'll have Michael Walters please.

GWS are apparently demanding him as part of the Cam McCarthy trade. He'd be awesome in our forward line though.

Twodogs
16-08-2016, 04:00 PM
I don't think Ballantyne has ever really recovered from his horror Grand Final.

He was flying before then - and hasn't been the same player since. Used to be a deadly goal kicker, and rarely wasted a possession - but has been just a player ever since.

I didn't mind the little pest when he was up and going. He used to serve it up to the good teams, it was fun.

Good point about his post GF footy. He has barely been the same player since.

LostDoggy
16-08-2016, 09:50 PM
Vardy being linked to us now.

bulldogtragic
16-08-2016, 10:05 PM

Anything specific on Vardy. Or is it media spitballing talls and dogs again?

GVGjr
16-08-2016, 10:11 PM
Anything specific on Vardy. Or is it media spitballing talls and dogs again?

They are saying there are 3 teams interested in him. Hawks Giants and us.

bulldogtragic
16-08-2016, 10:14 PM
They are saying there are 3 teams interested in him. Hawks Giants and us.

Ta, G. I get Hawthorn, but why do GWS want to stockpile him/players to play him in the NEAFL? I wonder (a) what is true market value is & (b) whether competition increases it a bit?

Dry Rot
16-08-2016, 10:24 PM
Ta, G. I get Hawthorn, but why do GWS want to stockpile him/players to play him in the NEAFL? I wonder (a) what is true market value is & (b) whether competition increases it a bit?

Maybe the Giants fear Lobb is going West?

Has anyone actually seen Vardy play?

bulldogtragic
16-08-2016, 10:32 PM

Yep, his raw talent is rather good. There was a game a few years back and he looked a million bucks, since then he's hardly played AFL. My concern is his body, it just breaks down with regular monotony. But if the medico's think they can manage him better and get him on the park more often than not, and the price is right, it's a good get.

LostDoggy
16-08-2016, 10:33 PM
If my memory serves me right,not for 2 years I havn't.

bornadog
16-08-2016, 10:36 PM
If my memory serves me right,not for 2 years I havn't.

All due to injury

The Bulldogs Bite
16-08-2016, 11:24 PM
I don't think I'd like us to go after Vardy.

He just can't stay on the park - he has never been able to. Unless he came dirt cheap, what's the point?

Bulldog Joe
16-08-2016, 11:38 PM
Yep, his raw talent is rather good. There was a game a few years back and he looked a million bucks, since then he's hardly played AFL. My concern is his body, it just breaks down with regular monotony. But if the medico's think they can manage him better and get him on the park more often than not, and the price is right, it's a good get.

Not sure I have any trust in our medicos based on 2016.

bulldogtragic
16-08-2016, 11:50 PM
Not sure I have any trust in our medicos based on 2016.

No. Ok, would you believe me if I said new medico's and Vardy being fit fractionally more often, with Whitten Oval surrounded by Control Agents?

ledge
17-08-2016, 01:05 AM
They linked us to him Earlier in the year , I would say it's back because Bevo practically poured cold water on the Cloke speculation so the media jump on another tall linked to the club ., odds say if they keep guessing they will get it right at some stage.. Just pick every talk with no contract or one year to go and it will come in the end.

KT31
17-08-2016, 09:44 AM

Would be a good pick up if we could keep him on the park, but that is a big if.

1eyedog
17-08-2016, 10:54 AM

I have, live, a few times as I was born down there and occasionally get dragged along by the evil side of the family. He's good when he's fit, extremely dangerous looking. Tall, strong in the air with a great leap and highly mobile. He's smart too - a natural footballer. I'm very, very into him if he can get out of the rehab room. He'd be perfect for us.

Templeton31
17-08-2016, 11:00 AM

I was at WO this year for Scray v Cats and Vardy played for Geelong. Spent most of the time in the ruck with Clark playing forward and didn't set the world on fire- Will had the better of him in the ruck and probably round the ground too. Looked a good ordinary footballer, a contrast to the memories I have of him a few years ago that others have mentioned. I certainly went away thinking there was no way Cats would pick him on that form ahead of Stanley, Blicavs, the ex-Suns guy etc

hujsh
17-08-2016, 11:20 AM
I have, live, a few times as I was born down there and occasionally get dragged along by the evil side of the family. He's good when he's fit, extremely dangerous looking. Tall, strong in the air with a great leap and highly mobile. He's smart too - a natural footballer. I'm very, very into him if he can get out of the rehab room. He'd be perfect for us.

Agreed. Looks great, could be a real Higgins for us.

The Doctor
17-08-2016, 06:17 PM
I think this guy would be worth looking into especially if we don't get Hurley. Different player but would fill a need?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-17/clubs-circle-young-bomber

bulldogtragic
17-08-2016, 06:48 PM
I think this guy would be worth looking into especially if we don't get Hurley. Different player but would fill a need?

Package Hurley & him up. :)

hujsh
17-08-2016, 07:34 PM

Possible warning sign, when you put his name in google 'jayden laverde instagram' is the 2nd suggested search. Above stats or footywire

Twodogs
17-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Possible warning sign, when you put his name in google 'jayden laverde instagram' is the 2nd suggested search. Above stats or footywire

That's a product alert.

ledge
17-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Wasnt he a western jet or was that Leiver ? I get them mixed up but they both look very very good to me.

bulldogtragic
17-08-2016, 07:42 PM

Had a look and couldn't see too much. Might be on the wrong one. Anything juicy?

hujsh
18-08-2016, 02:57 PM
Had a look and couldn't see too much. Might be on the wrong one. Anything juicy?

Nah, just found it funny that he's got more people looking for pictures of him than anything else.

kruder
18-08-2016, 07:32 PM
i'm still very keen on Hoskin-Elliot. Still not in the GWS side, can hit the scoreboard and provide significant run. Obviously there is some risk attached due to injures but worth a late first round pick for mine. The question is does GWS need any more pics?

bulldogtragic
18-08-2016, 07:43 PM

So you were saying?

Webby
18-08-2016, 08:18 PM
i'm still very keen on Hoskin-Elliot. Still not in the GWS side, can hit the scoreboard and provide significant run. Obviously there is some risk attached due to injures but worth a late first round pick for mine. The question is does GWS need any more pics?

Don't know about a first round pick (our last three first round picks have been Dunkley, Bontempelli, Stringer and Macrae), but I like Hoskin-Elliot too. He's a local kid (North Sunshine) and would likely relish the chance to come home to play.

Twodogs
18-08-2016, 08:48 PM
Don't know about a first round pick (our last three first round picks have been Dunkley, Bontempelli, Stringer and Macrae), but I like Hoskin-Elliot too. He's a local kid (North Sunshine) and would likely relish the chance to come home to play.

GWS have more western suburban kids playing for them than we do.

bornadog
19-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Roo for sale: Forgotten forward 'happy to go anywhere' (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-19/roo-for-sale-forgotten-forward-aaron-black-happy-to-go-anywhere)

bulldogtragic
19-08-2016, 10:23 AM
Roo for sale: Forgotten forward 'happy to go anywhere' (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-19/roo-for-sale-forgotten-forward-aaron-black-happy-to-go-anywhere)

I don't mind having a look at him. He's not going to be expensive trade or salary wise, and I don't mind competition in future years between he and Redpath.

Go_Dogs
19-08-2016, 10:30 AM
How has his form been in the VFL? Looked very promising a few years ago.

bornadog
19-08-2016, 10:38 AM
How has his form been in the VFL? Looked very promising a few years ago.

Not sure, he is still only 25.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-08-2016, 01:40 PM
I'd lightly consider Black.

From memory he was a lead-up forward which is what we need. Had decent mobility/agility.

Not sure what's went wrong in the last few years for him though.

LostDoggy
19-08-2016, 02:00 PM
I'd lightly consider Black.

From memory he was a lead-up forward which is what we need. Had decent mobility/agility.

Not sure what's went wrong in the last few years for him though.

Think his attitude has been queried more than once. Our due diligence on character is pretty thorough, reckon he'll struggle to meet our criteria.

Happy Days
19-08-2016, 02:15 PM
His VFL form before injury was actually pretty solid. Remember him torching pre-final form Easton Wood a few years ago too.

Still would only consider on a rookie list.

Twodogs
19-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Could Black be a stand in until Redpath comes back.

AndrewP6
25-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Jaeger O'Meara has informed GC he wants a trade.

macca
28-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Eade lookslike he has moved on and looks to see not much of a loss, for a player who has not played much over last 2 years . He has manage to unearth kids in Fiorrini, Touk, Martin and Young

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-27/suns-will-move-on-quickly-from-omeara-says-eade