PDA

View Full Version : The Ride

GVGjr
29-11-2015, 11:10 PM
This is on the clubs website and I was fortunate enough to get an invite to an advanced screening of The Ride

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2015-11-28/the-ride-coming-soon

I went along to a club function tonight that focused on the 2015 season. 250 or so there including the players and a lot of the staff.

It was at the Jam Factory theater and it was about a 90 minute summary of the season called 'The Ride'. Murphy, Gordon, Beveridge, Grant and Schultz do a lot of the commentating.
If you are looking to find a great present for a Bulldog mate then this DVD will be worth every cent. It goes on sale on the 1/12 so don't hesitate to order your copy.

Gordon said a few words before the show and he focused on the effort many people at the club made to get this show done.
Full credit to all involved.

Murphy's is the star and the primary focus of the show and his ability to explain the roller coaster ride we were on was sensational but most of us know that he is an excellent orator but it was also interesting to hear his wife talk about how at times Bob during the season is home but not really present. You also see him having some Macca's with his daughter after a loss. Nice touch

Bevo addressed the crowd end of the session and shared some of the experiences the other coaches have brought back from visiting other sporting organisations. The main one was around how a sporting club does talking about winning the championship, the pennant or the title but more it was focused on creating memories and experiences. Tonight will be a great memory and stay with me for a long while

I've kept things to a minimum because I don't want to spoil it for anyone but this is a must buy if not for you for someone else.
I'm sure you will be reading more about 'The Ride' soon on the clubs website so saddle up and enjoy it.

Ghost Dog
29-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Thanks for that. Sounds great.

Twodogs
30-11-2015, 12:50 AM
This is a great initiative by the club. A summary of the season just in time for Christmas. Usually it's a token effort slapped together by an editor who's mind isn't on the job.

Hopefully it becomes the present in every supporters stocking.. U

Murphy'sLore
30-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Can't wait to see this. Don't know if I can wait till Christmas... You can't tell if someone's already played a DVD before they wrap it up, can you?

strebla
30-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Can't wait to see this. Don't know if I can wait till Christmas... You can't tell if someone's already played a DVD before they wrap it up, can you?

Santa knows and he has a list !!!!

Pickenitup
30-11-2015, 05:43 PM
Cant wait to watch very jealous would have been a great event to go to

ledge
30-11-2015, 09:20 PM
I just ordered two $20 each

G-Mo77
01-12-2015, 09:43 AM
I just ordered two $20 each

Where can it be ordered? I can't find it in the Bulldogs Shop online?

bornadog
01-12-2015, 09:53 AM
Where can it be ordered? I can't find it in the Bulldogs Shop online?
You need to Call 1300 46 36 47

dadsgirl16
01-12-2015, 11:15 AM
I ordered mine last night at Social Club xmas party...can't wait to watch it judging from the snippets

bornadog
01-12-2015, 11:19 AM
I rang this morning and they wanted $10 to post it, or I could pop in from tomorrow and pick one up.

Bulldog4life
01-12-2015, 11:27 AM
I rang this morning and they wanted $10 to post it, or I could pop in from tomorrow and pick one up.

Ditto. $10 is still cheaper than the petrol I would use driving from Rosebud. I chose the postage.

bornadog
01-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Ditto. $10 is still cheaper than the petrol I would use driving from Rosebud. I chose the postage.

Good excuse for me to visit the club. :)

SonofScray
01-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Will get this. We haven't had too much media created of this nature available for purchase in my lifetime so this is terrific.

G-Mo77
01-12-2015, 01:55 PM
$10 to post it out? I'll wait until I visit the shop.

bornadog
01-12-2015, 01:56 PM
$10 to post it out? I'll wait until I visit the shop.

It is limited release, I think they have 3000 copies in total.

Cyberdoggie
01-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Will get this. We haven't had too much media created of this nature available for purchase in my lifetime so this is terrific.

Yeah what I have seen so far looks awesome, and it's supposedly limited to 3000 copies so better get in quick.

Sedat
01-12-2015, 02:46 PM
As much as I loved this season (and I did), I just can't get too wrapped up in overly celebrating the achievement of 8th place and no finals wins. From where we came from, it was a significant step in the right direction, but I would like to think it but a mere stepping stone to something far more significant and long-lasting. It would be akin to Hawthorn celebrating their 2007 season (they actually won a final that year so did better than us).

I don't want to denigrate this release, but I'm already well and truly thinking about 2016 and beyond.

LostDoggy
01-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Agree with what you're saying in part Sedat - no doubt the real hard work and major successes are still ahead of this group. I think, though, what made past year special (and worth documenting) wasn't finishing 8th, it was the way, largely through Bevo, PG and Murph's leadership, the club seemed to reconnect to it's soul.

Aside from the exciting young list and the possibility of a forthcoming golden era onfield, I reckon a lot of us are just as jubilant about last year because we just seemed to refind ourselves as a club, maybe to an extent unseen since the Terry Wheeler days. That's how it felt to me anyway and that I'm sure is a part of what the DVD will cover (like the Sons Of The West series).

Once again though, it's all only meaningful if it is built on and developed.

G-Mo77
01-12-2015, 03:08 PM
It is limited release, I think they have 3000 copies in total.

Oh. Well I guess my tight ass better fork out the $10

LostDoggy
01-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Oh. Well I guess my tight ass better fork out the $10

Get yourself a wallet too maybe? For hygiene reasons alone, that's no place to keep your notes :)

Twodogs
01-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Get yourself a wallet too maybe? For hygiene reasons alone, that's no place to keep your notes :)

Wear some gloves at least.

Twodogs
01-12-2015, 04:42 PM
So the DVD is available at the club?

bornadog
01-12-2015, 05:14 PM
So the DVD is available at the club?

Yes, from tomorrow

Twodogs
01-12-2015, 05:33 PM
Yes, from tomorrow

Thursday. I just rang.

bornadog
01-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Thursday. I just rang.

Funny they told me tomorrow and I was going to pop down there

bornadog
01-12-2015, 05:44 PM
http://image.tmclient.ticketmaster.com/lib/fe9515707d640c7871/m/5/DI011215-MemEDM_s2.jpg (http://cp.mcafee.com/d/1jWVIpdEIcf6zBxVxBcTsSztZZAQsKf9LCQrLLK8L9zDPqdTTSjhOUYCUrhK--UUCUyqejqJdfAj1nxWTMFYvgrJelosKrYfm-5fzW3tFOH3BPtQ4Sk7T7-LNEVsp7no7tuVtd5ZzAjhOztcsMDR4kRHFGTd7bfaxVZicHs3jrNJdcTsTsS 03IvaNnFGSfBY9ZelyLPlSA_zO-4xqxOr9EVhtphuojhjd7dASb847Qkmvjjhuo743hOUwwep7cTJsxG0VVx_kn 25DJgo7qXUWV3SnCmb3Di3W2dQmi6A7y0V1RyOoVVR4wr8lrxrOWbzXNEVh5 gsnd79EVosshd79EVobL3HIIK5QrLnuvobFIwExlK5LWqJzVv2vjBoHYRtFf UYKrpKYyCr3GAq6y0dxii7Nd41Hydg1Gjd40MToGva14QgjGq837X4Qg0OL6 y14SOqeju7ptK9Fs)

Bulldog4life
01-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Funny they told me tomorrow and I was going to pop down there

They told me "it should" be there tomorrow. I gathered they were not sure.

Happy Days
01-12-2015, 07:40 PM
I went today (you know, because the club said it would be available today), and they seemed to have no idea when it would be in. The best I got was "definitely by Friday".

The trip over was worth it to get a look at the saddest damn sales bin I've ever seen at the counter. Ayce Cordy/Jarrad Grant/Daniel Pearce merch going for literally $1.

Bulldog4life
01-12-2015, 07:57 PM
I went today (you know, because the club said it would be available today), and they seemed to have no idea when it would be in. The best I got was "definitely by Friday".

The trip over was worth it to get a look at the saddest damn sales bin I've ever seen at the counter. Ayce Cordy/Jarrad Grant/Daniel Pearce merch going for literally $1.

Get down there BT.

bornadog
01-12-2015, 11:44 PM

Did you watch training while you were there?

Remi Moses
01-12-2015, 11:49 PM
As much as I loved this season (and I did), I just can't get too wrapped up in overly celebrating the achievement of 8th place and no finals wins. From where we came from, it was a significant step in the right direction, but I would like to think it but a mere stepping stone to something far more significant and long-lasting. It would be akin to Hawthorn celebrating their 2007 season (they actually won a final that year so did better than us).

I don't want to denigrate this release, but I'm already well and truly thinking about 2016 and beyond.

Agree sedat , it's time we moved on .
Yes last season was a wonderful resurgence, but we finished 8th

Ozza
02-12-2015, 10:18 AM

I think we can all agree that the 'sons of the west' video series during the year were brilliant.
A great deal of footage would have been shot in order to make those videos.
To me it would appear that this is a commercial opportunity for both the club and the documentarian after putting together some great work. I don't really think its meant to be a celebration as such by the club of the 2015 season.

westdog54
02-12-2015, 02:41 PM

Our story goes so much further than our on field accomplishments, though.

The manner in which we rode the turbulence is a story in itself, and that's what's being 'celebrated' here.

Sedat
02-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Our story goes so much further than our on field accomplishments, though.

The manner in which we rode the turbulence is a story in itself, and that's what's being 'celebrated' here.
Yeah I get that - there was a real transformation throughout the entire club last year. But for mine 'The Ride' has barely begun - if 2015 ends up being the extent of it then I think we will all be feeling very short-changed.

Bulldog4life
02-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Yeah I get that - there was a real transformation throughout the entire club last year. But for mine 'The Ride' has barely begun - if 2015 ends up being the extent of it then I think we will all be feeling very short-changed.

I think there will be half a dozen parts of "The ride". This is just the first part. I am looking forward to reliving how our ride first began and looking back on it in years to come too.

Scraggers
02-12-2015, 03:48 PM

I'm not buying the DVD to relive the season (as good as it was), more to get a greater insight in the mechanics and machinations of Beveridge and co.

Cyberdoggie
02-12-2015, 03:49 PM

It's not about celebrating 8th place, it's about getting an insight into what really happens at this club we love and the emotional
rollercoaster it can take on those involved, things we are oblivious to on the outside.

I couldn't give a hoot if we finished last in the video (remember year of the dogs?) it's still a must see to give you that inside access.

GVGjr
02-12-2015, 08:22 PM
I'm not buying the DVD to relive the season (as good as it was), more to get a greater insight in the mechanics and machinations of Beveridge and co.

Yep, I see this as an investment of where it all began. The first chapter in the story of one of the great sporting achievements.

bornadog
03-12-2015, 10:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVQLTEkVAAA0Ymr.jpg:large

ReLoad
03-12-2015, 01:21 PM
I reckon id jump off a cliff if Bob asked me to.

as per above posters, this isn't about the footy (well not much) its about the heart and soul of our club, the way every flog in the press wrote us off, the traitors that left, those that really didn't bleed red, white and blue after all. The sackings, the turmoil.

Then a bunch of kids, led by the two greatest leaders we've had at our club in a long time showed the footy world that the dogs are coming and they are shit scared.

Chapter 1. The Ride.

Greystache
03-12-2015, 02:01 PM
I wonder if we can get this on download somehow. I got rid of my DVD player a couple of years ago, I haven't had a need for a physical copy of something in a long time.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
03-12-2015, 02:52 PM
You're going well I'm still copying my vhs footy tapes to dvd

LostDoggy
03-12-2015, 03:03 PM
You're going well I'm still copying my vhs footy tapes to dvd

You're doing ok INB. At least you've got vhs, I stuck with Betamax.:)

Twodogs
03-12-2015, 04:42 PM
You're doing ok INB. At least you've got vhs, I stuck with Betamax.:)

They turned out to be expensive digital clocks.

Twodogs
03-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Just been down to the club and got my copy. I managed to find a Tom Campbell fridge magnet in the dollar box too!:)

LostDoggy
03-12-2015, 05:54 PM
I managed to find a Tom Campbell fridge magnet in the dollar box too!:)

What the HELL is he doing in the $1 box.
He should at least be upgraded to the $2.50 bin.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
03-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Nobody puts Tommy in the $1 box

Twodogs
03-12-2015, 06:57 PM
What the HELL is he doing in the $1 box.
He should at least be upgraded to the $2.50 bin.

Nobody puts Tommy in the $1 box

Josh Prudden and JJ were in there too.

LostDoggy
03-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Josh Prudden and JJ were in there too.

:mad: WOT :mad:

JJ TOO!!!

Twodogs
03-12-2015, 09:10 PM
:mad: WOT :mad:

JJ TOO!!!

Yep, JJ was there. Fletch Roberts too.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
04-12-2015, 08:26 AM
Outrageous

Cyberdoggie
04-12-2015, 10:53 AM
I wonder if we can get this on download somehow. I got rid of my DVD player a couple of years ago, I haven't had a need for a physical copy of something in a long time.

Have you got one in your puter?

Twodogs
05-12-2015, 12:00 PM

My dear old dad is in the same boat. I asked him if he wanted to borrow my copy for his next dialysis session and he said "no point, I haven't got a DVD player on that TV".

bornadog
05-12-2015, 03:00 PM
My dear old dad is in the same boat. I asked him if he wanted to borrow my copy for his next dialysis session and he said "no point, I haven't got a DVD player on that TV".
Here is one for $39 that you can buy him for Christmas.

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/lg-dp132-dvd-player.html?CAWELAID=720013240000049243&gclid=CJ2K64Xdw8kCFQ4GvAodbwUC0A

Twodogs
05-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Here is one for $39 that you can buy him for Christmas.

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/lg-dp132-dvd-player.html?CAWELAID=720013240000049243&gclid=CJ2K64Xdw8kCFQ4GvAodbwUC0A

The newsagent around the corner has DVD players for fifteen bucks. Now that I think about it he has exactly the same TV as me and mine has a DVD built into it so he must have one on his telly too. Mine hasn't ever actually worked but that's a different story.

Greystache
05-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Have you got one in your puter?

I just realised I've got an Xbox 360. I'll be sorted.

comrade
05-12-2015, 05:33 PM

Definitely needs to be a digital version though, in this day and age. Costs nothing to reproduce and gives us much greater reach.

bornadog
05-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Definitely needs to be a digital version though, in this day and age. Costs nothing to reproduce and gives us much greater reach.
At minimum it should be on blue ray for the quality

jeemak
05-12-2015, 05:38 PM

I hate it when gaming consoles surprise me, sneak up on me, or just sit there in the corner waiting for me to realise they're there.

:)

GVGjr
05-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Even though I went to the advanced premier of The Ride last Sunday, I still couldn't help but pick up a copy when I was at the training session this morning. I think we are primed for great things over the next few seasons and I do believe this is a must buy as the start of something much bigger. Hopefully the club can continue to put these inner sanctum type stories together over the next few seasons.

Great Xmas present as well for any Bulldog die hard. I saw a number of people buying a copy so they could go quick.

Nuggety Back Pocket
05-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Good excuse for me to visit the club. :)

I picked up 6 copies from the Club on Thursday for family and friends. Highly recommended and would make an ideal Christmas gift.

cinder
06-12-2015, 05:42 PM
I reserved one and provided my credit card details (had no cash on me!) at the Social Club function, haven't heard a word about what's going on with my order. Guess I am heading to the Bulldogs' shop tomorrow, presuming it's open.

Eastdog
06-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Will the DVD be available on the Bulldog Online Store?

soupman
07-12-2015, 09:36 AM
I reserved one and provided my credit card details (had no cash on me!) at the Social Club function, haven't heard a word about what's going on with my order. Guess I am heading to the Bulldogs' shop tomorrow, presuming it's open.

I've found sometimes that ordering stuff from the "shop" at functions or events (particularly the East West day) doesn't always work out well. I ordered a Guernsey once and after waiting a month never received it, called up and turns out they took my money but had no record of the order ever being placed. Luckily that was one of the few occasions I kept the receipt and didn't lose it.

Having said that all my experiences with the actual shop have been very good and they were more than happy to go out of their way to exchange things I ordered online that didn't quite fit.

Ozza
07-12-2015, 10:14 AM
I picked up 6 copies from the Club on Thursday for family and friends. Highly recommended and would make an ideal Christmas gift.

I picked up a few copies on Saturday as presents also NBP. Sorted out some xmas shopping!

cinder
07-12-2015, 11:29 AM
I've found sometimes that ordering stuff from the "shop" at functions or events (particularly the East West day) doesn't always work out well. I ordered a Guernsey once and after waiting a month never received it, called up and turns out they took my money but had no record of the order ever being placed. Luckily that was one of the few occasions I kept the receipt and didn't lose it.

Having said that all my experiences with the actual shop have been very good and they were more than happy to go out of their way to exchange things I ordered online that didn't quite fit.

Yeah I was wondering that. I had no proof of the order either so I would have had a hard time other than credit card statement to prove I had an order. Luckily I picked up my DVD today and it was ready and waiting.

westdog54
08-12-2015, 03:57 PM
http://www.sen.com.au/news/12-15/andy-maher-dogs-doco-best-i-ve-ever-seen#5vVI2BZu7dJgrU05.97

Andy Maher is a big fan.

dadsgirl16
08-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Mine arrived in the post today..something to watch tonight...over and over!��

The Bulldogs Bite
09-12-2015, 11:11 PM
Anyone know if there are copies still available? Planning to head in tomorrow .

GVGjr
09-12-2015, 11:12 PM

I had a mate pick up a copy late today. You should be okay.

KT31
10-12-2015, 12:33 AM

Picked up a copy yesterday for my youngest pup to give to me for Christmas, Bulldogs shop had heaps available.

Murphy'sLore
10-12-2015, 08:57 AM
I rang the shop to reserve a couple, they said don't bother, there are plenty in stock.

cinder
10-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Really wish there was a blu ray option available. Watching on a 65" TV - the AFL footage is really grainy/blurry. Other than that, really enjoyed it.

Twodogs
10-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Really wish there was a blu ray option available. Watching on a 65" TV - the AFL footage is really grainy/blurry. Other than that, really enjoyed it.

Can you transfer it? Capture the footage onto a recorder and then burn it onto a blu Ray? The process would probably lessen the sharpness anyway and make it blurry.

LostDoggy
10-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Had my first viewing last night. I think it is a sensational insight into the psyche of the football club over the journey which was season 2015. It clearly demonstrated the pain of the 2014 debacle; the lift in the spirit of the club with the changes of coach, Murph as captain and that remarkable thing called self belief; but ensured that we the passionate supporters shouldn't believe that anyone around the club was satisfied with the outcome at the end of the season. The pain is obvious, the opportunity clear, and the message of building on 2015 into 2016 and beyond won't just happen but will require a rededication to achieving as a team, exploiting the individual talents and strengths of the players. Highly recommended viewing.

comrade
10-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Can't help but feel this is a missed revenue opportunity by the club's merchandising/marketing department.

Things I would have done differently:

- Have it available for order via the website. Understand that stock gets distributed separately from the WO Bulldogs shop when ordered online but how hard is it to send a few boxes of DVDs to the online distributor. Too much friction to have to either go into the shop or call and give CC details over the phone. It's 2015!

- Have it available for digital download. Not everyone has a DVD player these days. I don't but I'm still buying the damn thing, but others wouldn't bother.

- Have 3 tiers of pricing. Bronze: gets you the digital download for $19. Silver: gets you the digital download and hard copy for $29. Gold: some sort of limited edition version, maybe signed by the major 'players' in the doc (Murph, PG & Bevo) or production notes, behind the scenes etc for $49.

Guaranteed the club would have made THOUSANDS more this way.

On the plus side, good idea having it available for purchase prior to Christmas. We've bought multiple copies as presents.

bornadog
10-12-2015, 11:57 PM
Also, I know for a fact that it doesn't cost $10 to send a DVD. That would put off some people.

stefoid
11-12-2015, 12:10 AM
Can't help but feel this is a missed revenue opportunity by the club's merchandising/marketing department.

Things I would have done differently:

- Have it available for order via the website. Understand that stock gets distributed separately from the WO Bulldogs shop when ordered online but how hard is it to send a few boxes of DVDs to the online distributor. Too much friction to have to either go into the shop or call and give CC details over the phone. It's 2015!

- Have it available for digital download. Not everyone has a DVD player these days. I don't but I'm still buying the damn thing, but others wouldn't bother.

- Have 3 tiers of pricing. Bronze: gets you the digital download for $19. Silver: gets you the digital download and hard copy for $29. Gold: some sort of limited edition version, maybe signed by the major 'players' in the doc (Murph, PG & Bevo) or production notes, behind the scenes etc for $49.

Guaranteed the club would have made THOUSANDS more this way.

On the plus side, good idea having it available for purchase prior to Christmas. We've bought multiple copies as presents.

yes, the club should have one person dedicated to having a clue about digital technology. seriously they could get it on itunes, netflix, etc..etc..

Bulldog4life
11-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Also, I know for a fact that it doesn't cost $10 to send a DVD. That would put off some people.

I bought two with postage being $10 in total.

bornadog
11-12-2015, 12:12 PM
I bought two with postage being $10 in total.

They also charge $10 for one.

Cyberdoggie
11-12-2015, 12:23 PM
They also charge $10 for one.

The DVD is under $20, so that in combination with the $10 courier isn't a big ask. It's certainly much better value than just about all the other merchandise they sell. ie kids jumper for $90, infants jumper $70, $120 for a backpack, and $30 for an adam cooney t-shirt!

cinder
11-12-2015, 03:49 PM
Can you transfer it? Capture the footage onto a recorder and then burn it onto a blu Ray? The process would probably lessen the sharpness anyway and make it blurry.

No, can only work with the media quality you have to begin with. I would need the 1080p footage (or at least 720p).

Twodogs
11-12-2015, 04:46 PM
No, can only work with the media quality you have to begin with. I would need the 1080p footage (or at least 720p).

Email the club. Maybe they just haven't thought of a mass release but there seems to be some call. Widening the release on different media (medium?) wouldn't mean they have to press any more DVDs. It wouldn't cost anything to upload them and sell the torrents online.

bornadog
11-12-2015, 05:19 PM
Email the club. Maybe they just haven't thought of a mass release but there seems to be some call. Widening the release on different media (medium?) wouldn't mean they have to press any more DVDs. It wouldn't cost anything to upload them and sell the torrents online.

TD it will depend on how they shot the video. If they haven't shot it with High Definition then as Cinder says, you can't do much.

Cyberdoggie
11-12-2015, 05:46 PM

Really? Working in I.T. I find that interesting, so you don't have a Blu-ray/dvd player, a dvd drive on a laptop or pc, an xbox or playstation or tv with dvd drive?

comrade
11-12-2015, 10:30 PM
Really? Working in I.T. I find that interesting, so you don't have a Blu-ray/dvd player, a dvd drive on a laptop or pc, an xbox or playstation or tv with dvd drive?

Don't have a TV, so no need for a DVD player/Xbox/Playstation etc.

Have a Macbook Air with no DVD drive.

Will end up ripping the DVD on someone's PC, put it on a stick and watch it on my laptop.

Much easier if I could pay $19 to just download it (which I would do in heartbeat) and the cost to the club is negligible.

LostDoggy
11-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Well , the other option for the Club would have been having the DVD as a $10 add on to the Membership pack , maybe I,ll send off an email and suggest it

FrediKanoute
12-12-2015, 01:02 AM
Comrade's right on this point. Its 2015 (nearly 2016) - digital download of media (print, audio, video) is a fairly entrenched medium. Not tapping this is neglecting a whole market. Part of the reason booksellers and music companies went digital was the reduction in production costs. Whilst printing a book or making a CD is not significant it can at $1 to the overall cost. At the margins they operate the move to digital distribution has been a godsend!

w3design
12-12-2015, 03:34 AM
Any footage regarding our club gives me goosebumps..
But watching the ride just filled my heart with emotion.. Tears flowed..
I love bob Murphy's stories about the kennel..
I love Luke Beveridges honesty..
He never just rambles on but speaks with honesty and passion..
I bought the DVD at cheer squad night..
I loved it..
Can I suggest something..
Stupid as it may sound..
But forget the scarves and key rings in the membership packs
Make more of these DVDs annually..
And let the supporters see more "behind the scenes footage"..
And keep these DVDs as collectors items
Watch the ride
You'll fall in love with the club even more..
If that's even possible :)

Go_Dogs
13-12-2015, 10:52 AM
Picked up a copy at training yesterday and really enjoyed it. It's great to look back at some of the highlights and get some internal perspective on them, particularly after such a disappointing end to the season losing to the Crows.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic again. Bring on 2016!

The Pie Man
14-12-2015, 12:26 PM
Saw this Saturday night - found the bit where different players explained where they were when they heard about our former #16 ditching us pretty funny.

Getting closer to ESPN quality with that sort of work - well done to everyone involved.

GVGjr
14-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Saw this Saturday night - found the bit where different players explained where they were when they heard about our former #16 ditching us pretty funny.

Getting closer to ESPN quality with that sort of work - well done to everyone involved.

I've had a few mates look at it and it's been given a glowing endorsement from even the non Bulldogs AFL fans.

I don't want to say too much because maybe there is a lot of people on here who haven't watched it yet but the feedback I get is they really enjoy hearing about the love Murphy has for Schultz and the way he looks forward to the emails and Gordon's acknowledgement that perhaps he was wrong when he said Macca's and Griffen's departure wasn't a crisis for the club.

Your observation that it's ESPN type quality is well founded.

Bulldog4life
15-12-2015, 12:41 PM
I've had a few mates look at it and it's been given a glowing endorsement from even the non Bulldogs AFL fans.

I don't want to say too much because maybe there is a lot of people on here who haven't watched it yet but the feedback I get is they really enjoy hearing about the love Murphy has for Schultz and the way he looks forward to the emails and Gordon's acknowledgement that perhaps he was wrong when he said Macca's and Griffen's departure wasn't a crisis for the club.

Your observation that it's ESPN type quality is well founded.

You've got to love John Schultz. He gave so much to the Club when he played and he is still giving 50 years later.

Ozza
15-12-2015, 04:41 PM
I bought 3 copies for xmas presents....and arrived at a family xmas with them the other night, only to see that someone else in the family had also bought 3 copies as presents!

We ended up sitting down and watching it after all the non-bulldogs had left. Brilliant show.

BulldogBelle
16-12-2015, 08:33 AM
I bought 3 copies for xmas presents....and arrived at a family xmas with them the other night, only to see that someone else in the family had also bought 3 copies as presents!

We ended up sitting down and watching it after all the non-bulldogs had left. Brilliant show.

Should of made the non-bulldogs watch to see what they are missing out on.:D

Murphy'sLore
16-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Three copies sitting under our tree right now. One with my name on it. And I managed to resist the urge for a preview before I wrapped it...

KT31
16-12-2015, 01:45 PM
Should of made the non-bulldogs watch to see what they are missing out on.:D

They will get to see it for themselves when we poleaxe their sides over the next few seasons.:)

Twodogs
16-12-2015, 05:08 PM
They will get to see it for themselves when we poleaxe their sides over the next few seasons.:)

Gee that's gonna be fun.

LostDoggy
17-12-2015, 10:53 PM
My copy arrived today,hand delivered by the postie.
Swaggerd outside to meet him with my members polo on.
Fellow doggies man and told him I was expecting this "Package" ;) to arrive today.
Said he got his copy last week and would be buying a couple more for some of his ex Roy Boy's relo's to convert them to us.

God damn I freaken love this club.

LostDoggy
17-12-2015, 11:00 PM
The urge to watch it before Xmas day is killing me already :p

bornadog
18-12-2015, 12:56 AM
My copy arrived today,hand delivered by the postie.
Swaggerd outside to meet him with my members polo on.
Fellow doggies man and told him I was expecting this "Package" ;) to arrive today.
Said he got his copy last week and would be buying a couple more for some of his ex Roy Boy's relo's to convert them to us.

God damn I freaken love this club.

So your postie is Stringer :D

LostDoggy
21-12-2015, 12:50 AM
I couldn't wait for Xmas day, I'm glad I couldn't wait it's a cracking video and I'm all in!

bornadog
21-12-2015, 09:11 AM
I couldn't wait for Xmas day, I'm glad I couldn't wait it's a cracking video and I'm all in!

Put it on again at Christmas. :)

LostDoggy
22-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Just watched it, and I'm super impressed. I recognised much of the footage from the Sons Of The West series the club ran during the year, but watching the way it was all put together just made me so massively proud in our club and where it's come from.

If I was on the media team at the Dogs, I'd be selling this in a box set with Year Of The Dogs as both films should be watched one after the other. Both films perfectly capture the heart and soul, and really bookend the transformation we've all witnessed over the past twenty years.

I can't recall any athlete, anywhere in the world, opening up their life and their family like Bob did in this film. If anyone wishes to correct me, by all means, post some titles up so I can watch these as well because I just took so much raw emotion and passion away from watching Bob and his wife explain what football means to them in such a frank, personal and transparent fashion that speaks volumes of the love and respect they have for the club and its fans.

The interviews with Wallis, Schultz, Roughead, Bevo and Gordon also make this film must-viewing for any football fan, but especially the Doggies-devoted.

Go buy it. Now.

GVGjr
26-12-2015, 10:19 AM

Just got a text message from a Bulldogs mate who thanked me for his present.

always right
26-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Family watched it last night. Bob's simply a star. Will be a lot of tears when he finally hangs up the boots.

KT31
26-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Family watched it last night. Bob's simply a star. Will be a lot of tears when he finally hangs up the boots.

Marketing opportunity for the Club right there, they could sell boxes of Bobbie Tissues on the day.
Much better idea than the Teddy towels.:)

Twodogs
26-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Marketing opportunity for the Club right there, they could sell boxes of Bobbie Tissues on the day.
Much better idea than the Teddy towels.:)

We could probably rebrand all the Teddy's Towels that are left over.

ReLoad
30-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Watched it again last night.

This time tried it whilst trying to avoid the emotion.

What i didn't like was that we seemed to celebrate finishing 8th, i mean i know it was more where we came from in October last year, but still, felt a little celebrating mediocrity.

What I also didn't like was The little section with the Bonts parents, left me feeling that when the offer from another club comes - Which it will; that it will become a purely commercial decision, didn't feel any bulldog love there.

On the flip side, loved the PG moments, couldn't ask for a better el Presidento. and as for Bob, I'm "all in" alright, you sir are a bloody legend.

When we win the flag with this group of players, which we will, its going to be bigger than Jesus and the Beatles combined. In fact I think Jake stringer is the second coming.

Twodogs
30-12-2015, 05:17 PM

What i didn't like was that we seemed to celebrate finishing 8th, i mean i know it was more where we came from in October last year, but still, felt a little celebrating mediocrity.

What I also didn't like was The little section with the Bonts parents, left me feeling that when the offer from another club comes - Which it will; that it will become a purely commercial decision, didn't feel any bulldog love there.

On the flip side, loved the PG moments, couldn't ask for a better el Presidento. and as for Bob, I'm "all in" alright, you sir are a bloody legend.

When we win the flag with this group of players, which we will, its going to be bigger than Jesus and the Beatles combined. In fact I think Jake stringer is the second coming.

Yep, I'm in.

stefoid
15-01-2016, 12:14 PM
speaking of videos, its a real shame beveridge went to the saints at the end of the 95 season, if only because he missed out getting on the Year of the Dogs doing the elephant walk.

Twodogs
15-01-2016, 12:20 PM
speaking of videos, its a real shame beveridge went to the saints at the end of the 95 season, if only because he missed out getting on the Year of the Dogs doing the elephant walk.

Heehaw! I'm surprised that footage doesn't get shown more often. I don't think its even on YouTube.

bornadog
15-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Heehaw! I'm surprised that footage doesn't get shown more often. I don't think its even on YouTube.

WARNING NUDITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQivDKanDSY

bornadog
15-01-2016, 12:51 PM
The best losing speech ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMY1uKMpiRI

Twodogs
15-01-2016, 01:24 PM
I dont know about you blokes but I cant *!*!*!*!ing bear losing a game like that. Fantastic effort. What does fantastic effort mean? IT GETS YOU *!*!*!*!ING NOTHING

Tell 'em Plough.

LostDoggy
15-01-2016, 04:09 PM

Can you elaborate on the content with Bont's parents?

Ghost Dog
15-01-2016, 06:57 PM
The best losing speech ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMY1uKMpiRI

The irony is, "It means nothing" was never further from the truth. This is the best part of the film. After I watched this, at the Astor theatre I became a Bulldogs supporter.

Bulldog4life
15-01-2016, 07:31 PM

I spoke to Bevo about the doggies giving him the flick at the White Ribbon day. He was very disappointed he said as he felt his form was improving. He said once they got Romero there was no room for him.

jazzadogs
08-01-2017, 12:55 AM
I haven't heard any news on The Ride 2016, but I was wondering...whose story are you most looking forward to seeing?

I'd love a bit of a feature on past players....I wanna hear what it meant to Smith, Johnno, Darce, Libba and even other guys who were less involved.

Of the current players, I hope there is a focus on Liam Picken.

Twodogs
08-01-2017, 03:11 AM
I'd like to see a bit about Travis Cloke. What he thinks so far and how he sees his role.

bornadog
08-01-2017, 12:02 PM
I thought the club was doing something in relation to the GF as the last part of the 2016 Ride.

BulldogBelle
08-01-2017, 03:47 PM
I thought the club was doing something in relation to the GF as the last part of the 2016 Ride.

The Ride definitely needs to be finished off with a grand finally and there is no better way than what we have been all privileged to witness in 2016.

ratsmac
08-01-2017, 06:23 PM
The Ride definitely needs to be finished off with a grand finally and there is no better way than what we have been all privileged to witness in 2016.

It will be complete after we win 5 in a row and break Collingwood's record of 4 in a row! Wouldn't it be nice.

Throughandthrough
09-01-2017, 09:06 AM

I'm sure it will be released just at the same time they are ramping up membership drives in a few months

LostDoggy
21-09-2017, 06:52 PM
I'm sure it will be released just at the same time they are ramping up membership drives in a few months

Nailed It.

The Outsider's: Coming Soon :)

https://shop.westernbulldogs.com.au/western-bulldogs-outsiders-dvdpre-sale-184110.phtml

bornadog
21-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Nailed It.

The Outsider's: Coming Soon :)

https://shop.westernbulldogs.com.au/western-bulldogs-outsiders-dvdpre-sale-184110.phtml

Hopefully there s a bluray version

Twodogs
22-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Hopefully there s a bluray version

I thought you were going to say a 'blue' version there for a second. I was starting to worry about you.:)

cinder
22-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Also showing at Sun cinema in Yarraville from next Thursday, but can't see any info on their site. Also like to know what it's rated so I could potentially bring my son ... have tried to get in touch but no luck.

ReLoad
22-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Also showing at Sun cinema in Yarraville from next Thursday, but can't see any info on their site. Also like to know what it's rated so I could potentially bring my son ... have tried to get in touch but no luck.

Its 15+ some fruity language!

cinder
22-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Its 15+ some fruity language!

Yeah ok then - thanks. Maybe not then!

Twodogs
22-09-2017, 12:44 PM
Yeah ok then - thanks. Maybe not then!

You can't shield him forever. He will meet people like me eventually!:D

cinder
22-09-2017, 03:30 PM
You can't shield him forever. He will meet people like me eventually!:D

Haha!

cinder
22-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Booking Link (https://bookings.venuetickets.com.au/web_v3/booking_sessionTemplate.jsp?cinecode=11110723&movcode=1117053895&categ=11)

ledge
24-09-2017, 12:31 PM
I just ordered the DVD $35 plus $15 for post .. Pre order . Should be an amazing story , not for just AFL but for any sport and the underdog.

aker39
24-09-2017, 01:50 PM
I'm going 4.45pm Friday

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
24-09-2017, 06:09 PM
7pm Thursday taking lots of hankies for inevitable tears

BulldogBelle
24-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Heading to the 10.15am session Friday morning.

Eastdog
24-09-2017, 08:06 PM
I just ordered the DVD $35 plus $15 for post .. Pre order . Should be an amazing story , not for just AFL but for any sport and the underdog.

Considering ordering a copy as well. Great trailer.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
24-09-2017, 09:19 PM
Christmas presents

BulldogBelle
24-09-2017, 10:46 PM
Christmas presents

Good idea, a xmas present for me.

dadsgirl16
24-09-2017, 11:08 PM
5 of us going Friday 4.45 also...we are all unashamedly criers so heaps of tissues required!

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 02:29 AM

Delivery? You live around the corner from the ground. It'd take you less time to walk to the ground and back than it would for the club to take the package to the post office!:)

Give me ten and I'll pick it up and drop it at yours.

ledge
25-09-2017, 05:08 AM
Delivery? You live around the corner from the ground. It'd take you less time to walk to the ground and back than it would for the club to take the package to the post office!:)

Give me ten and I'll pick it up and drop it at yours.

Around the corner ? I'm in Melton cost $10 in petrol nowadays. :-)

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 07:27 AM
Around the corner ? I'm in Melton cost $10 in petrol nowadays. :-)

Alright. Make it 20 then.;)

Twodogs
25-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Is this the final episode of the Ride?

bornadog
25-09-2017, 10:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRKwEc4jpsE&feature=em-subs_digest

ReLoad
25-09-2017, 06:34 PM
7pm Thursday too.

I'll be wearing my Ben Hudson beard woof scarf.

Going to have more tears than a Bieber concert full of Japanese school girls.

Eastdog
25-09-2017, 06:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRKwEc4jpsE&feature=em-subs_digest

Just watched now. I'll say again what a great trailer.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
28-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Go and see it it's very moving

ReLoad
28-09-2017, 11:54 PM
Go and see it it's very moving

Was great to meet you too!

Totally agree totally moving, I felt utterly exhausted at the end of it.

No club in the universe is a club like ours.

bornadog
29-09-2017, 12:52 AM
Going on Friday morning

Happy Days
29-09-2017, 12:55 AM
Just got back. It's definitely emotionally exhausting, if not without the limitless access or the characters that YOTD had. Still a must see.

ReLoad
29-09-2017, 06:06 AM
******** Spolier Alert ***********

We win at the end

;)

cinder
29-09-2017, 01:22 PM
******** Spolier Alert ***********

We win at the end

;)

Haha - well that's a relief! ;) Off to see it 2:30 today. Can't wait. I think I will pack extra tissues.

Specifically, these ones!

https://s26.postimg.org/4yi88jcll/IMG_7619.jpgg

bornadog
29-09-2017, 03:08 PM
Loved every minute of it. Couldn't believe I was sitting there and tears were running down my cheeks.

cinder
29-09-2017, 03:22 PM
I’m queuing & it’s so packed

bornadog
29-09-2017, 03:29 PM
I’m queuing & it’s so packed

Morning session was great even though the theatre was full. As I was coming out saw some assistant coaches going in to watch it - Rohan Smith, Hansen and a couple of other guys that I didn't recognise

Murphy'sLore
29-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Just came out of the 2.30 session - bawled like a baby. Thoroughly enjoyable.

cinder
29-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Morning session was great even though the theatre was full. As I was coming out saw some assistant coaches going in to watch it - Rohan Smith, Hansen and a couple of other guys that I didn't recognise

Nice! I didn’t see anyone I recognised.

bornadog
29-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Nice! I didn’t see anyone I recognised.

How many of those tissues did you get through?

cinder
29-09-2017, 08:43 PM
How many of those tissues did you get through?

Only 1, and mostly because I have a cold. :/ I think I have cried most of my Bulldogs' tears already!

Funke disco
29-09-2017, 11:18 PM
Fantastic documentary. I spent large parts of the doco holding back tears. i loved the final scenes of the players on the G

Smads57
30-09-2017, 11:27 PM
I went to the 4.45 session and after the obligatory tears, went to the local Grill'd burger joint with a companion. As we entered the doors, I said to her "it would be good if Stringer got to see the film" (thinking it might convince him to stay), when lo and behold, there he was having a burger with a friend!

Am wondering now if he actually went to an earlier session after all. It certainly was an interesting spot to have something to eat given the proximity to the Sun Theatre and what was going on there on Friday.

When Jake left I mumbled something about him being the best number 9 to have played for the dogs....would have preferred to have said nothing after the HS article today.

Twodogs
01-10-2017, 12:28 PM
I went to the 4.45 session and after the obligatory tears, went to the local Grill'd burger joint with a companion. As we entered the doors, I said to her "it would be good if Stringer got to see the film" (thinking it might convince him to stay), when lo and behold, there he was having a burger with a friend!

Am wondering now if he actually went to an earlier session after all. It certainly was an interesting spot to have something to eat given the proximity to the Sun Theatre and what was going on there on Friday.

When Jake left I mumbled something about him being the best number 9 to have played for the dogs....would have preferred to have said nothing after the HS article today.

John Moylan easily,

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
01-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Laurie Sandilands

comrade
01-10-2017, 02:02 PM

I don't think it's a matter of Jake getting to decide whether he wants to stay or leave, now.

Twodogs
01-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Let's talk about Jake in one of the Jake threads on the Jake board.

But you're right.

ReLoad
01-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Given leaving jake to the jake thread, I re watched the original "the ride" today, there is a part in the middle with Jake and his very new family, he speaks about how much his family means to him.

Then his words and I quote directly "Wow I'm all about this club, you know this is the club you want to stay at for the rest of your life at, you don't want to move away from"

I know things change, but gosh talk about chalk and cheese.

I think that's what makes these documentaries even more amazing. Congrats again to all involved, these snapshots are incredible and very powerful

comrade
01-10-2017, 05:38 PM
Given leaving jake to the jake thread, I re watched the original "the ride" today, there is a part in the middle with Jake and his very new family, he speaks about how much his family means to him.

Then his words and I quote directly "Wow I'm all about this club, you know this is the club you want to stay at for the rest of your life at, you don't want to move away from"

I know things change, but gosh talk about chalk and cheese.

I think that's what makes these documentaries even more amazing. Congrats again to all involved, these snapshots are incredible and very powerful

You have to question if he was being genuine then or just paying lip service to the camera. This is the same person who even 12 months ago quite openly stated that he'd explore free agency when the time came.

My last word on Stringer on this thread: he's full of **** and always has been.

Prince Imperial
06-10-2017, 12:39 AM
I saw the movie tonight at the Sun and thoroughly enjoyed it. Emotional, funny and inspiring.

If you get the chance go and see it on the big screen.

I took my Richmond supporting girlfriend who thought we were going to see the 80's brat pack movie!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outsiders_(film)

Nuggety Back Pocket
22-10-2017, 06:37 PM
Doc26 and I went to see the Outsiders today at the Sun Theatre and it is brilliant. The show runs for 2 hours and is based on the 2015 season and 2016 Premiership year. This is a must see for all WB fans. The Sun will continue to run it this Mon, Tues and Wed at 1.20pm. If you can make it you will not be disappointed.

Danny the snakeman
18-11-2017, 04:01 AM
For any Perthies that dont know, dec 9th/10th warwick cinema also bunbury

https://www.grandcinemas.com.au/Movie/Outsiders

cinder
18-11-2017, 03:17 PM
I thought the DVDs were meant to be out by now?

Eastdog
18-11-2017, 03:19 PM
I think the club said they would come out in Mid November the Outsiders DVD's. My Outsiders DVD is expected to arrive on Monday. Got an email last night saying that it has been shipped and it's on the way.

bornadog
18-11-2017, 04:13 PM
I thought the DVDs were meant to be out by now?

I can't see any options for Blu-Ray? Do you know if it is released in Blu-Ray?

cinder
19-11-2017, 03:26 PM
I can't see any options for Blu-Ray? Do you know if it is released in Blu-Ray?

No blu ray :/ but I am buying it anyway ...
Thanks I chose pick-up, and will be at the club on Wednesday anyway so hopefully can grab it then.

Eastdog
20-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Got this today:

https://s33.postimg.org/ue23719d7/IMG_1460.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/ue23719d7/)

Throughandthrough
21-11-2017, 03:03 PM
$45 for a DVD including delivery?

Ouch

Will this be available in any stores?

bornadog
21-11-2017, 04:19 PM
$45 for a DVD including delivery?

Ouch

Will this be available in any stores?

Have done a search and doesn't look like it.

Throughandthrough
21-11-2017, 05:00 PM
Have done a search and doesn't look like it.

Cheers.

I might wait a few weeks....

craigsahibee
22-11-2017, 01:44 PM
Mine arrived yesterday. Watched it last night. A lot of footage from "The Ride" went into it, but as sporting doco's go, I loved it. But hey, bias may have played a part. It was hard not to get choked up at times as past heroes spoke of missed opportunities in our club's history, but no doubt the hardest part was the emotion shown by our playing group and Bevo.

I love this footy club and 2018 can't come soon enough.

Eastdog
28-11-2017, 10:34 PM
Got this today:

https://s33.postimg.org/ue23719d7/IMG_1460.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/ue23719d7/)

Plan to watch this on Friday night. Haven't had the chance to watch it yet. Gives me something to look forward to :)

Murphy'sLore
29-11-2017, 11:03 AM
Plan to watch this on Friday night. Haven't had the chance to watch it yet. Gives me something to look forward to :)

Have some tissues handy.

comrade
29-11-2017, 08:06 PM
Have some tissues handy.

For tears or... :p

Murphy'sLore
30-11-2017, 12:25 PM
Oh please. Minds. In. The Gutter.

Don't sully our spiritual experience with your filth :)

Eastdog
02-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Just finished watching 'Outsiders'. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The interviews were very good and it really takes you into the inner sanctum of the club during this great rise to our premiership success. Will definitely watch again and again. It makes me so proud being a Doggies supporter.

Scraggers
11-12-2017, 12:37 AM
Have some tissues handy.

This weekend The Outsiders was shown in Perth at the cinema. I was so thankful they did this for us (we always miss out over here). I knew what to expect with the comments here on WOOF and the extended clip on the website ... I still cried like a baby. And I wasn’t the only one. There was a sixty(ish) year old man in front of me doing exactly the same.

Great doco ... very well done !! As Molly would say “Do yourself a favour”. Great Xmas present !!

bornadog
27-09-2018, 06:43 PM
Bump

Watched the full documentary The Ride again the other night, which was basically about 2015 and Bevo's first year.

It is interesting to go back and watch it. Some of the things that are said by PG, Bob, Bevo etc. Also the style of play that year was just incredible.

KT31
29-09-2018, 01:08 AM
Bump

Watched the full documentary The Ride again the other night, which was basically about 2015 and Bevo's first year.

It is interesting to go back and watch it. Some of the things that are said by PG, Bob, Bevo etc. Also the style of play that year was just incredible.

Just finished watching it again now, tomorrow night couple of ales whilst watching the Outsiders.

kruder
30-09-2018, 10:33 AM
Bump

Yeah I still think we were a better team in 15 than 16 in the regular season, we played some of the clubs best football that year. Its interesting people kept mentioning it to me yesterday how the Bulldogs, Richmond and Collingwood came from 13th to win a flag. For some reason that season seem to get forgotten about, we should have beaten Adelaide in that first final and who knows? I'll never forget the forward line of Dickson, Stringer and Crameri it just felt like we could kick a big score week in week out.

bornadog
30-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Yeah I still think we were a better team in 15 than 16 in the regular season, we played some of the clubs best football that year. Its interesting people kept mentioning it to me yesterday how the Bulldogs, Richmond and Collingwood came from 13th to win a flag. For some reason that season seem to get forgotten about, we should have beaten Adelaide in that first final and who knows? I'll never forget the forward line of Dickson, Stringer and Crameri it just felt like we could kick a big score week in week out.

and don't forget Jarrad Grant :D

That elimination final was there for the taking. There was that moment when Hunter had the ball, and all he had to do was handball it over the top of a Crows player to Grant running into an open goal and he fluffed the handball. Then the Crows took it away, and Roberts pushed over like a two year old by Tex on the wing and the rest is history.