PDA

View Full Version : New Essendon President, Lindsay Tanner, "determined to bring James Hird back into the fold"

merantau
15-12-2015, 09:12 AM
Watch this space. It's going to be the saga that keeps on giving.

Scraggers
15-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Please bring him back !!!

bulldogtragic
15-12-2015, 08:23 PM
Didn't Lindsay Tanner as a Fedeal Government Member & Minister also write a glowing reference for Tony Mokbel to get a gambling/pokies licence (presumably to launder drug cash)? (I know the answer)

I guess he's a great judge of character of people to support.

merantau
15-12-2015, 10:02 PM
I think it was a bloke called Gaspi, who once worked for Tanner, who wrote the reference for Fat Tony.

merantau
15-12-2015, 10:09 PM
Didn't Lindsay Tanner as a Fedeal Government Member & Minister also write a glowing reference for Tony Mokbel to get a gambling/pokies licence (presumably to launder drug cash)? (I know the answer)

I guess he's a great judge of character of people to support.
Wayne Carey was a character referee for Jason Moran when he was up for assault. This was well before his the fall from grace that shredded his credibility. But like a true champ Duck has bounced back from adversity and is now "back in the fold".

bulldogtragic
15-12-2015, 10:17 PM
Wayne Carey was a character referee for Jason Moran when he was up for assault. This was well before his the fall from grace that shredded his credibility. But like a true champ Duck has bounced back from adversity and is now "back in the fold".

Nah, Carey was being a solid citizen because Alphonse was pleading guilty, the dog.... I guess the demise of Alphonse & Jason saved Duck the expense of a court appearance to say it in person. I don't know why or how Carey is back in the fold, but he's the equivalent of that white stuff that accumulates on the side of your mouth when you're really thirsty. So I guess Hird being back on TV or in the general fold is realistic enough a proposition.

Twodogs
16-12-2015, 03:42 AM
I think it was a bloke called Gaspi, who once worked for Tanner, who wrote the reference for Fat Tony.

Alex Gaspi.

Dancin' Douggy
16-12-2015, 10:27 AM
What about begging for Jobe to keep his medal???

The guy's got no idea.

It's not about whether he's a good bloke. or whether he 'deserves' to keep it or whether it's not his fault he took the drugs.

If he's found guilty, he's stripped of his honours. Full stop.

Whether the AFL will have the balls to do that, I sincerely doubt it. My confidence in the AFL doing the right thing is at about 0%.

LostDoggy
16-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Watson has already acknowledged he was on the Dank programme. If it is conclusively found that banned drugs were part of the programme, it will take same very slippery dancing from the AFL to explain how he can possibly keep his Brownlow.

If they take it off him, there will be some serious head exploding from the ferals at Bomberland - I get a little chuckle just thinking about it.

Dancin' Douggy
16-12-2015, 10:56 AM
It's a pretty loose and hysterical way to open your account as the new president.

Beg for Jobe to keep his medal and say you want to get Hird back.

Both completely emotion driven blustery statements, this might be fun!

Greystache
16-12-2015, 11:06 AM
It's a pretty loose and hysterical way to open your account as the new president.

Beg for Jobe to keep his medal and say you want to get Hird back.

Both completely emotion driven blustery statements, this might be fun!

He's probably just trying to align himself with a number of his incumbent board members. You know the ones that got elected by running a social media campaign promising to keep James Hird despite having next to no professional experience in either business or sport.

Fun times ahead at Tullamarine.

Twodogs
16-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Tanner is a politicition. He knows the difference between a domestic audience and a foreign one and what sort of statements each want to hear.. That statement was made in order to shore his position up with Essendon supporters who vote for him and can vote him out tomorrow.

Sedat
16-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Didn't Lindsay Tanner as a Fedeal Government Member & Minister also write a glowing reference for Tony Mokbel to get a gambling/pokies licence (presumably to launder drug cash)? (I know the answer).
I thought it was Kelvin Thompson, former member for Wills.

KT31
16-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Ahh The Bombers, the gift that just keeps giving.:)

boydogs
16-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Tanner is a politicition. He knows the difference between a domestic audience and a foreign one and what sort of statements each want to hear.. That statement was made in order to shore his position up with Essendon supporters who vote for him and can vote him out tomorrow.

Yep. Enough in it to satisfy the crazies, without committing to anything

LostDoggy
16-12-2015, 03:00 PM
That could be an Essendon President's mission statement: "Satisfy the Crazies. Commit to Nothing." :)

merantau
16-12-2015, 11:20 PM
I thought it was Kelvin Thompson, former member for Wills.
You're right and Gaspi was also a referee but on another occasion. Tanner can't be lumbered with that one.

SonofScray
19-12-2015, 02:06 AM
As an aside, had dinner with some EFC supporters tonight, long time contributors through their affluent coterie groups etc and they have pulled the pin on Essendon for good. Great stuff.

Twodogs
19-12-2015, 09:47 AM
As an aside, had dinner with some EFC supporters tonight, long time contributors through their affluent coterie groups etc and they have pulled the pin on Essendon for good. Great stuff.

Are they looking for another AFL club to put their money into? :cool:

merantau
20-12-2015, 11:00 AM
I am really hoping that a "Get James Back" movement gets some traction then becomes a rolling juggernaut, sweeping every doubter and nay-sayer aside and restoring James to his rightful position as coach and Messiah. As for his $1.7 million legal bill, if his case against his insurers Chubb fails, a crowd funding campaign should be set in motion. I'd be happy to throw in 5 cents.

LostDoggy
20-12-2015, 11:09 AM
If half the rumours going around are true, think James has enough going on in his private life around now anyway. His life would make for a pretty good opera.

Ghost Dog
20-12-2015, 07:46 PM
If half the rumours going around are true, think James has enough going on in his private life around now anyway. His life would make for a pretty good opera.

Care to expand?
How a comma can make a difference
STAND BY HIRD or STAND BY, HIRD

Love to see him back, leading Essendon deeper into the wilderness.

LostDoggy
20-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Care to expand?
How a comma can make a difference
STAND BY HIRD or STAND BY, HIRD

Love to see him back, leading Essendon deeper into the wilderness.

GD, it's been reported that he has legal debts of $1.7mill+ and has his luxury home on the market. There is some other personal stuff that is unsubstantiated gossip that hasn't entered the media yet. Some I am assured is true, some I am dubious on, so I don't really want to detail it.