PDA

View Full Version : 78 days feels like a lifetime when you're missing something

w3design
07-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Being a mother of three children, the final stages of my pregnancies were always the longest and the most painful .. That's how I would compare the next 78 days until round 1.. Agonising xxx

Twodogs
07-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Being a mother of three children, the final stages of my pregnancies were always the longest and the most painful .. That's how I would compare the next 78 days until round 1.. Agonising xxx

Good analogy. Each season is like waiting for a kid to pop.

LostDoggy
07-01-2016, 11:46 PM
Agree 78 days feels like way too far. It is 7 weeks today to our first NAB challenge match and first look at a few of our recruits. Counting down the days....

Eastdog
08-01-2016, 12:47 AM
Yep it is still a while away. Really looking forward to the NAB Challenge matches and then the upcoming season. As PP said I too look forward to seeing our new recruits in action along along with our developing youngsters.

Axe Man
08-01-2016, 10:35 AM
Our second child is due in early April so it's a double up of anticipation here. Although dealing with one crazy toddler is enough of a handful, I can wait to add a baby into the mix.

Twodogs
08-01-2016, 10:46 AM
Our second child is due in early April so it's a double up of anticipation here. Although dealing with one crazy toddler is enough of a handful, I can wait to add a baby into the mix.

How many years between children will it be?

Mantis
08-01-2016, 10:53 AM

It's fun... Sometimes.

And yes rd 1 seems so far off, but I'm sure it will come by quickly, especially when training ramps up.

Axe Man
08-01-2016, 10:54 AM
How many years between children will it be?

Number 1 will be 2.5 and will at least possess some level of independence. I don't know how parents who only have a 12 month gap between kids do it!

LostDoggy
08-01-2016, 11:25 AM
Number 1 will be 2.5 and will at least possess some level of independence. I don't know how parents who only have a 12 month gap between kids do it!

There are advantages though. My brother and his wife have 6 kids, spread over 21 years - sometimes I just laugh at him, mostly I sympathise. I'm happy with just the 2, born 2 years apart to the day.

w3design
08-01-2016, 03:53 PM
I have a 22 year old and a 21 year old... And fell pregnant unexpected with my third daughter only 11 years ago... So big gap.. all doggies supporters and all three gifts from God xxx

Twodogs
08-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Cheers guys. I have two that are three years apart to the day before. My baby boy got a baby sister for his third birthday.

LostDoggy
08-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Cheers guys. I have two that are three years apart to the day before. My baby boy got a baby sister for his third birthday.

Big joint birthday parties I take it :)

Twodogs
08-01-2016, 05:52 PM

Some years. Not really big on birthdays.

Bulldog4life
09-01-2016, 02:18 PM

What joints are we talking about PP?;)

Twodogs
09-01-2016, 03:54 PM
What joints are we talking about PP?;)

The joint. It's where PP and I first met.

BornInDroopSt'54
11-01-2016, 03:48 PM
There are advantages though. My brother and his wife have 6 kids, spread over 21 years - sometimes I just laugh at him, mostly I sympathise. I'm happy with just the 2, born 2 years apart to the day.

Wow that's what happened to my brother and me. I was his second birthday present. It impacted my whole life. Just like our first premiership in our living memory will. We are going to have to wait before we give birth to that one. Most of the other clubs have had quick caesars after test tube conceptions from overpaid stud fathers.

LostDoggy
11-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Wow that's what happened to my brother and me. I was his second birthday present. It impacted my whole life.

That's amazing BIDS54. My 2 boys are very close, even by normal brotherly standards - like twins even though they are 2 years apart (the younger one is physically bigger, they often get mistaken for twins. To top it off, they were born in early June - Gemini!). I am aware that having the same birthday has had an impact on them but it's hard to fully get it unless you are directly affected.

ledge
11-01-2016, 05:23 PM
It's been a terrible summer cricket wise, I think that's made an impact in wanting some sort of competition.

bornadog
11-01-2016, 05:41 PM
It's been a terrible summer cricket wise, I think that's made an impact in wanting some sort of competition.

Tennis is coming :D

Twodogs
11-01-2016, 05:48 PM
That's amazing BIDS54. My 2 boys are very close, even by normal brotherly standards - like twins even though they are 2 years apart (the younger one is physically bigger, they often get mistaken for twins. To top it off, they were born in early June - Gemini!). I am aware that having the same birthday has had an impact on them but it's hard to fully get it unless you are directly affected.

Yep, it's a weird one all right. My two kids are particularly close as well. My son is a real "big brother" type brother and my daughter dotes on him. But boy can they argue.

Tennis is coming :D

Mm. Tennis and the Grand Prix (especially the GP) are the things I impatiently wait to finish knowing that the footy isn't far off when those are over.

LostDoggy
11-01-2016, 05:55 PM
I've already watched The Ride four times since Christmas Day.