PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back Libba 2016

w3design
11-01-2016, 03:16 PM
76 days to go...
Gosh I'm excited this year

Three NAB cup games coming up soon to give us a little taste.. let's hope it's a season filled with outstanding talent and an awesome game plan... Go Dogs xxx

F'scary
11-01-2016, 03:21 PM
If Libba jnr picks up where he left off, we'll have the luxury of being able play Dahlhaus as a forward!

LostDoggy
11-01-2016, 03:42 PM
When I think of Libba's levels as a 21-22 yo in 2013 and 2014, it's scary to think what he could be under Bevo's coaching as a 24 year old with a more experienced Wallis, Bontempelli & co as support.

A lot of people have forgotten how seriously good he was. His stats were insane, better than any player we've ever had in terms of clearances and tackles, but it's his love of the contest and the vision and incisiveness of his disposals as well. Once the likes of Bont, Macrae, Hunter, Dahlhaus, Stringer etc get some chemistry with him and learn where to run, I can see Libba's offensive capabilities as being off the charts in this team

First step is to show he is 100% (or nearly) recovered from the knee - hopefully the old man's genes have been passed on.

Like you DS, I am just counting down the days for this season to start. So many exciting aspects to look forward to.

Eastdog
17-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Yep will be great to have Libba back as PP said he was great before he injuries his knee. Will be great to see the development of the 2nd years players and see how the newbies go.

LostDoggy
17-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Hmm can't wait for the footy to start really hope Libba is doing good. Hope his knee is doing OK as well.

Eastdog
17-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Hmm can't wait for the footy to start really hope Libba is doing good. Hope his knee is doing OK as well.

Yep we need to make sure his knee is 100% before he does anything but he is definitely right into training now.

bulldogtragic
27-03-2016, 04:03 PM
Yes, welcome back!

bornadog
27-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Loved watching him out there and will get better

Mantis
27-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Didn't miss a beat.. As was expected.. #Gun

comrade
27-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Love the guy. Just about teared up when the boys got around him.

GVGjr
27-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Didn't miss a beat.. As was expected.. #Gun

When Freo were trying to rally in the last quarter he got to some contests and of course shut them down.

Mantis
27-03-2016, 05:27 PM
When Freo were trying to rally in the last quarter he got to some contests and of course shut them down.

His ability to stifle a contest is amazing.. Such a competitor, with a deft touch.

GVGjr
27-03-2016, 05:30 PM
His ability to stifle a contest is amazing.. Such a competitor, with a deft touch.
Opposition players dont get it easy when Libba makes his way to a contest.

Remi Moses
27-03-2016, 05:31 PM
What a wonderful comeback
Not a shock to be honest, as dad won the B+F coming off a knee reco

F'scary
27-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Played as if nothing had happened. Well done and obviouly so professional in managing his comeback.

josie
27-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Some of his and our other players handpasses were so quick today I missed them. Great to have him back and loved the banner and big cheer when it was displayed. Grit and class combo-Go Libba!!

Twodogs
27-03-2016, 08:51 PM

A lot of people concentrate on the competitive aspect of Libba and overlook how skilled his touch is. He has really quick hands, is a decent shot for goal and has the classic left foot-takehalfastepbeforeyoukickit-gait. Tom certainly comes across as someone who grew up with a footy in his hands.

SlimPickens
27-03-2016, 09:03 PM
A lot of people concentrate on the competitive aspect of Libba and overlook how skilled his touch is. He has really quick hands, is a decent shot for goal and has the classic left foot-takehalfastepbeforeyoukickit-gait. Tom certainly comes across as someone who grew up with a footy in his hands.

I often say and strongly believe that Tom has the best offensive handball since Greg Williams. Just brilliant to watch. I thought he and Mitch linked up really well at stages today.

comrade
27-03-2016, 09:11 PM
After a year off, I forgot whether he was a natural right or left footer.

Then he kicked that running goal on his right, before having a set shot on his left. The guy is just a footballer, through and through.

Eastdog
27-03-2016, 09:11 PM
Welcome back TL.

bornadog
27-03-2016, 09:54 PM
After a year off, I forgot whether he was a natural right or left footer.

Then he kicked that running goal on his right, before having a set shot on his left. The guy is just a footballer, through and through.

My mate said the same, he asked me why he had the set shot on the left.

Hotdog60
28-03-2016, 12:43 AM
Opposition players dont get it easy when Libba makes his way to a contest.

Sounds like his old man;)

ratsmac
28-03-2016, 01:47 AM
Sounds like his old man;)

Doesn't it just!

Welcome back Libba. I missed you.

strebla
28-03-2016, 01:57 AM
Better footballer than his dad who I loved is just an out and out gun. His dad willed himself to champion status Tom is just one out of the box.

Ghost Dog
28-03-2016, 02:12 AM
Wallis and Liberatore MK II linking up - magical. Growing, supporting each other through adversity. Tom's injury - forced Mitch to step up a level. Once Tom gets full confidence back these two are going to maul opposition midfielders with their hunger and psychic Bulldog will-to-power.

Ghost Dog
28-03-2016, 02:33 AM
Better footballer than his dad who I loved is just an out and out gun. His dad willed himself to champion status Tom is just one out of the box.

That's a bit unfair. Different era, with less resources at the club, no altitude sleepovers in hotels, Victoria University sports science boffins, and less cm on our beloved Tony. I would say Tom has a long way to go before he gets as much out of himself as his Dad did.

Ghost Dog
28-03-2016, 02:34 AM

That's a bit unfair. Different era, with less resources at the club, no altitude sleepovers in hotels, Victoria University sports science boffins, and less cm on our beloved Tony. I would say Tom has a long way to go before he gets as much out of himself as his Dad did.

strebla
28-03-2016, 03:26 AM
This is by no way a slight on Tony just that I believe Tom is more naturally talented that is all

Bulldog Revolution
28-03-2016, 08:47 AM
This is by no way a slight on Tony just that I believe Tom is more naturally talented that is all

Perhaps more naturally talented Strebla and we know where you are coming from but there have been few more inspiring bulldogs than Tony - he was almost the living embodiment of what it means to be a Bulldog

Personally, hes among the most inspiring footballers I've ever seen - He'd been told so many times what he couldnt do - he had no right to consistently influence football games at his size, and opposition players feared him.

Bulldog4life
28-03-2016, 02:18 PM
Perhaps more naturally talented Strebla and we know where you are coming from but there have been few more inspiring bulldogs than Tony - he was almost the living embodiment of what it means to be a Bulldog

Personally, hes among the most inspiring footballers I've ever seen - He'd been told so many times what he couldnt do - he had no right to consistently influence football games at his size, and opposition players feared him.

Well put BR. One of my favourite players ever in the red white and blue is Tony. I loved watching him play. Plus he won medals for the B & F for the whole league in the thirds, ressies and seniors. A very special player. Tom is great too and might eclipse his old man by the time he retires. Time will tell.

LostDoggy
28-03-2016, 10:30 PM
I for one am just happy that Tom is ours.

strebla
28-03-2016, 11:38 PM

You will not get an argument from me on that. I have been a member since 83 ant he is high in my top ten but young Tom is knocking on the door himself already. Never have so many youngsters made me salivate as our current crop but Tom is my favourite.

The Bulldogs Bite
29-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Fantastic to see Libba back. Such a great player - can't be understated.

Mofra
29-03-2016, 10:17 AM
Fantastic to see Libba back. Such a great player - can't be understated.
How much do his teammates love him? He seems like one of the most popular blokes at the club

Mantis
29-03-2016, 10:45 AM
How much do his teammates love him? He seems like one of the most popular blokes at the club

I would walk a little taller knowing Libba has my back.. He goes to war everytime he steps onto the field.

Ozza
29-03-2016, 12:33 PM
How good was his pass to Stringer in the last quarter. Didn't kick to Stringer, kicked it to where Stringer would be. It was perfection.

During last season, one of our flaws as a team was that teams got run ons against us at times and put together successive goals. I think Libba will have a big say in us improving this/stamping this out. He is just so ruthless around the contest - just wants to win as much as anyone I've seen.

craigsahibee
29-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Well put BR. One of my favourite players ever in the red white and blue is Tony. I loved watching him play. Plus he won medals for the B & F for the whole league in the thirds, ressies and seniors. A very special player. Tom is great too and might eclipse his old man by the time he retires. Time will tell.

Both will be greats of our club. Tom might just shade his Dad when it comes to team success.

chef
29-03-2016, 01:52 PM
How olds Oliver?

Imagine having two Libbas running around for us. Going to be a nightmare for the opposition.

Webby
29-03-2016, 02:18 PM
How olds Oliver?

Imagine having two Libbas running around for us. Going to be a nightmare for the opposition.

14 I think.

chef
29-03-2016, 02:24 PM
14 I think.

4 more seasons hey.

Maddog37
29-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Tom is a much better player and I think Tony would be absolutely as proud as punch of him. We all want our kids to be better than ourselves don't we.....

bornadog
29-03-2016, 03:10 PM
How olds Oliver?

Maybe three :D

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2014/04/15/1226885/401635-1aa47d96-c465-11e3-b68a-f6104b7c1796.jpg

bulldogtragic
24-04-2016, 12:51 PM
I loved Libba back, I've also loved a few times this year he's kicked goals off one or two steps, like an NFL punter. With so many players able to play on the inside, I like Libba resting forward especially being able to do the above well and quickly in heavy traffic. It could be such a dangerous option to add into the forward mix.

Bulldog4life
24-04-2016, 02:24 PM
He even played across half back for a while in the last half. A versatile player now is Tom.

bulldogtragic
07-05-2016, 08:50 PM
I loved Libba back, I've also loved a few times this year he's kicked goals off one or two steps, like an NFL punter. With so many players able to play on the inside, I like Libba resting forward especially being able to do the above well and quickly in heavy traffic. It could be such a dangerous option to add into the forward mix.

And again just now. He's fast becoming the expert punter off one or two steps.

bulldogtragic
08-09-2016, 09:49 PM

Brilliant one step goal kicker. I just marvel he can do it at nearly 100% this year, and keeps doing it under pressure.

AndrewP6
15-10-2016, 08:49 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this...Libba cutting loose at the Asian Football championships! "Playing" for the Macau Tigers...he had a prematch haircut too..:cool: ;)

https://www.flickr.com/gp/101058237@N05/h283fD

LostDoggy
15-10-2016, 09:23 PM
The old Monk haircut!

LostDoggy
16-10-2016, 12:22 AM
Oh my godddd hahahahahaha only Libba!

Twodogs
16-10-2016, 03:36 AM
The old Monk haircut!

I think it's called a tonsure.

MrMahatma
16-10-2016, 10:59 AM
He's one of a kind.

AndrewP6
17-10-2016, 01:14 AM
So... He actually played... Dunno for how long, but it included a ruck contest, handball receive and a goal!!!
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2016/10/libba-kicked-an-absolute-ripper-in-that-game-in-vietnam-after-his-haircut

The Adelaide Connection
17-10-2016, 03:03 AM
So... He actually played... Dunno for how long, but it included a ruck contest, handball receive and a goal!!!
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2016/10/libba-kicked-an-absolute-ripper-in-that-game-in-vietnam-after-his-haircut

I wonder if the club are ok with this.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-10-2016, 07:52 AM
I would've thought this would not receive sanction from the club.

comrade
17-10-2016, 08:30 AM
I would've thought this would not receive sanction from the club.

Probably not, but geez I hope they don't go too hard on him.

chef
17-10-2016, 08:38 AM
Yeah, i saw this on facey the other day and laughed. Love little Libba so much.

Cant see it being that big of a deal.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-10-2016, 08:56 AM
Yeah, i saw this on facey the other day and laughed. Love little Libba so much.

Cant see it being that big of a deal.

Look it obviously turned out ok. But how would we be feeling right now, if he's slipped on a shoddy surface and re-did his knee?
I don't mean to be Captain Killjoy, but it really does further highlight the level of restrictions placed on a person who pursues and accepts a career in AFL football.

Topdog
17-10-2016, 09:10 AM
Agree with YHF to an extent, it's harsh on the players but that's why they are paid $500k a year

chef
17-10-2016, 09:17 AM
Look it obviously turned out ok. But how would we be feeling right now, if he's slipped on a shoddy surface and re-did his knee?
I don't mean to be Captain Killjoy, but it really does further highlight the level of restrictions placed on a person who pursues and accepts a career in AFL football.

You'd be shocked by the amount of footy players who come up here water skiing then, which is much more unforgiving on knees.

Players do lits of stuff over the off season which is as injury causing as playing footy. Cant wrap them in cottonwool.

GVGjr
17-10-2016, 09:24 AM

I can see the funny side of Libba's antics on his break but I don't really enjoy seeing him in this sort of condition and agree the support he is getting from the some of the folk here might be very different if he copped an injury. If the club can fine players for coming back from breaks in less than acceptable condition ie overweight then I suspect they wouldn't be chuffed with what we are seeing.

bornadog
17-10-2016, 09:43 AM
I can see the funny side of Libba's antics on his break but I don't really enjoy seeing him in this sort of condition and agree the support he is getting from the some of the folk here might be very different if he copped an injury. If the club can fine players for coming back from breaks in less than acceptable condition ie overweight then I suspect they wouldn't be chuffed with what we are seeing.

Playing Footy in some social competition is not good. The first thing I thought about was injuries.

GVGjr
17-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Playing Footy in some social competition is not good. The first thing I thought about was injuries.

Having a social kick of football to me is OK but having a kick of footy when you are drinking isn't.

bornadog
17-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Having a social kick of football to me is OK but having a kick of footy when you are drinking isn't.

agreed, when I saw the video footage, the football looked a bit more serious though than a social kick around.

GVGjr
17-10-2016, 09:58 AM
agreed, when I saw the video footage, the football looked a bit more serious though than a social kick around.

Thats true. I'm sure some of the other players would go a bit harder at him as well just because they want test themselves against an AFL player

jazzadogs
17-10-2016, 10:41 AM
Thats true. I'm sure some of the other players would go a bit harder at him as well just because they want test themselves against an AFL player

I think you're overestimating the social overseas comps. They tend to be a bunch of people who just love footy, and miss it while overseas.

The official rules strictly state that Libba would be ineligible (which I assume is the reason behind the haircut), but the fact the opposition were happy for him to play shows how relaxed the whole set up must have been.

He was no more at risk in that game, than he would have been at training on Whitten Oval.

bornadog
17-10-2016, 10:46 AM
I think you're overestimating the social overseas comps. They tend to be a bunch of people who just love footy, and miss it while overseas.

The official rules strictly state that Libba would be ineligible (which I assume is the reason behind the haircut), but the fact the opposition were happy for him to play shows how relaxed the whole set up must have been.

He was no more at risk in that game, than he would have been at training on Whitten Oval.

Did you see the footage? Also as GVGjr stated, beer also involved.

jazzadogs
17-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Yeh I saw the footage. Did you see his 10cm jump at the ruck contest, completely avoiding contact with the other ruckman? Or him immediately run to the outside of the pack to receive the handball?

I'd say 90% of the things Libba has done in the past few weeks have been with drink or other things involved. But I don't have an issue with it.

The Pie Man
17-10-2016, 11:01 AM
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the footage....so I did both.

One of my very good mates is an acquaintance of Tom, and paints a predictable picture - loose, tripper, good bloke.

Yes, I'd be spewing if he got injured, but I don't want him to change. Just hope that he's got his lifestyle in balance.

GVGjr
17-10-2016, 11:21 AM

I think the fact that people are drinking is what concerns me. I mentioned previously that it really isnt an issue with it being a social game

Bulldog4life
17-10-2016, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=The Pie Man;530123]I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the footage....so I did both.

One of my very good mates is an acquaintance of Tom, and paints a predictable picture - loose, tripper, good bloke.

Yes, I'd be spewing if he got injured, but I don't want him to change. Just hope that he's got his lifestyle in balance.[QUOTE]

That is the key.

comrade
17-10-2016, 11:23 AM
This just adds to the legend of Libba.

He is who he is, no point trying to change him.

Mantis
17-10-2016, 11:28 AM
What a loose piece of work Libba is.. Good on him for having a bit of fun whilst he is on his break.. Sure we don't want him to get injured, but we also have to allow for some R&R.

Saw a pic of the Bont on holiday in Italy, would we be outraged if a jumped off a boat into the water and broke his leg?

Whilst we want the players to take care, we also need to allow them to have some freedom and trust that they make informed decisions in the activities they partake in.

Ozza
17-10-2016, 12:24 PM
When I saw the footage of Tom actually playing - my immediate thoughts were 'oh no...that's not a good look'. But now I'm just thinking that I hope the club doesn't make a statement or reprimand him.

I think the best way to address it would just be Bevo giving him a ring and telling him that it probably wasn't a great look, enjoy yourself but make sure you come back in good nick....and leave it at that.

LostDoggy
17-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Remember he's 24- he's allowed to have a life outside of footy. Especially on the off season.

Happy Days
17-10-2016, 01:30 PM
That was a pretty serious snag just quietly.

AndrewP6
17-10-2016, 07:26 PM
I think the fact that people are drinking is what concerns me. I mentioned previously that it really isnt an issue with it being a social game

From the pics, it looks like the drinking was post match. Players are barefoot and shirts off.

AndrewP6
17-10-2016, 07:27 PM
Yeh I saw the footage. Did you see his 10cm jump at the ruck contest, completely avoiding contact with the other ruckman? Or him immediately run to the outside of the pack to receive the handball?

I'd say 90% of the things Libba has done in the past few weeks have been with drink or other things involved. But I don't have an issue with it.
Spot on. His 'ruck' work was, as they say, bruise free. :D

AndrewP6
17-10-2016, 07:34 PM
I wonder if the club are ok with this.

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Bevo ticked this one off. He lets them have a human side, we've seen that plenty. The footage of him playing is all of 20 odd seconds, there's nothing that says he played a full match, or that it was any more intense than a short run at a ruck (where it is clear he was avoiding contact), a handball receive and one kick for goal. I think some here are overreacting.

azabob
17-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Luke Dahlhaus is also over there with Liberatore. He is just clever enough or quiet enough not to be photographed.

AndrewP6
17-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Luke Dahlhaus is also over there with Liberatore. He is just clever enough or quiet enough not to be photographed.

Not photographed playing or getting a haircut, anyway! He's in a couple of pics with Libba.

ratsmac
17-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Libba is the loosest footballer since.... Ever

I love it!

LostDoggy
17-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Not photographed playing or getting a haircut, anyway! He's in a couple of pics with Libba.

Dahl appointed by Bevo as Libba's Welfare Officer ;)

MrMahatma
17-10-2016, 10:43 PM
I say bring it on. Shows he loves the game. Loves playing it. And it's his time off. At least he's keeping fit :)

But honestly, these guys are young male athletes. They'll want to do all sorts of stuff. Is playing this game any worse than Dangerfield surfing every week? Or players that skateboard? Or go back and help the old man on the farm over Christmas?

At the end of the day, these blokes need to blow off steam. Libba just seems better at it than most.

1eyedog
17-10-2016, 10:50 PM
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2016/10/tom-liberatore-gives-the-loosest-interview-during-his-lap-of-honour/

Rocco Jones
17-10-2016, 10:54 PM
I love Libba. It's' a whole package. His team voted him most courageous player in a team full of courage. Look at how he came back from that ankle. Such a hard nut who is totally team orientated. Off the field he is as loose an unit as it gets.

He doesn't do normal. Whether it's commitment to our footy club or how he spends his social hours. I'll cop that package.

Webby
17-10-2016, 11:05 PM
A man's not a robot and a man's gotta live!

Good luck to him. Harmless fun.

I just love that he loves the game so much that he plays it on his holidays. Also, if his body's conditioned to playing anything relatively risk-free, it's Aussie Rules footy! He'd be at more risk doing a spot of rock fishing or body surfing - to which no one would batter an eyelid..

LostDoggy
17-10-2016, 11:25 PM
I just wanna know where he got those shorts from. Libba is as milky slack nang as it gets. Respect.

comrade
17-10-2016, 11:27 PM
I just wanna know where he got those shorts from. Libba is as milky slack nang as it gets. Respect.

I wonder if he gave off any soaring eagle shepherds? I have no doubt he did.

AndrewP6
17-10-2016, 11:36 PM

I'm now going to pretend I know what that means!

1eyedog
17-10-2016, 11:48 PM
Passive energy.

AndrewP6
18-10-2016, 12:02 AM
Passive energy.

Riiiight. I must be getting old.:D

Twodogs
18-10-2016, 12:18 AM

Yep it would have looked bad if Tom had another leg injury playing social footy on holiday. But Tom Williams injured himself when he fell of the trampoline at his first family day and missed most of the preseason.

He looks a bit rough in a couple of shots. Then again I usually looked a bit rough my self at his age.

comrade
18-10-2016, 12:20 AM
Just getting an early start to his pre-season whilst promoting the game in Asia.

jeemak
18-10-2016, 12:56 AM
Libba's version of being loose needs to be viewed in a relative context. Whilst I think he's going over the top given his profession, the potential negative consequences to him and the club if something goes wrong, I've no doubt he's keeping it within a set of boundaries that aren't going to be breached.

The way he behaves publicly with the things he says and the images he's allowing to be portrayed within aren't that serious to me in the broader context of being loose, they're just his way of expressing himself with limited tools for doing so.

AFL players are pussy cats, there's AFL loose and legitimate loose, and Libba's not touching the latter by a stretch. It's a shame the AFL community is so sheltered it over hypes this stuff at the time.

GVGjr
18-10-2016, 08:25 AM
Jason McCartney didn't think it was a good look to see Libba playing and would think he will be talked to if he hasn't already.
He was fairly clear that this wasn't something a player should be doing.

1eyedog
18-10-2016, 08:40 AM
Jason McCartney didn't think it was a good look to see Libba playing and would think he will be talked to if he hasn't already.
He was fairly clear that this wasn't something a player should be doing.

So no sports in the off season? My thoughts are you can break a leg hiking up a mountain or come off your bike on a bike tour just as easy do a knee in what look to be a very bruise free game of footy.

GVGjr
18-10-2016, 08:46 AM
So no sports in the off season? My thoughts are you can break a leg hiking up a mountain or come off your bike on a bike tour just as easy do a knee in what look to be a very bruise free game of footy.
I didn't hear him say that. He did mention that Libba was coming of a knee reco.

1eyedog
18-10-2016, 08:51 AM
I didn't hear him say that. He did mention that Libba was coming of a knee reco.

And a dodgy ankle.

GVGjr
18-10-2016, 09:01 AM

I had another listen and he did mention that the club does support the boys playing other sports and that Bevo thinks it's a good thing but he also calmly mentioned about 3 times he shouldn't have been playing. The other boys there knew better.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-10-2016, 09:03 AM
I think we all admire the spirit of Libba, and in the glow of a way overdue premiership win, would like to think the world can revert to a more simpler time when players weren't restricted by the professionalism that does unfortunately bind them.
It comes down to risk mitigation. What is the likelihood of him getting hurt doing a given activity, and what is the consequence.
Likelihood of him hurting himself playing a game of footy, possibly having had many beers?...You might say it's relatively low...but what is the potential consequence should something go wrong? What if he does his knee? What if he did the same knee he already has done. A second knee at that...

How does that position our club in 2017? They still have to pay Tom's contract... but we're now down one of our best players...
Yes he could do a knee tripping over on his way to the shops.. or riding a bike...but the likelihood of that occurring is significantly lower than even the softest game of football.

We'd all love for footy to be nice and simple. but the cold reality is it isn't. Restrictions on players as to the activities they should and shouldn't do are a real condition of employment. These are the things guys like Cooney have come out and said they won't miss about footy.

And I can't reiterate enough that whilst I am coming across as a real killjoy here - I still had a smile on my face as I watched the video, and I admire the traits of Libba that made them want to get involved in this activity in the first place.

I just also understand the environment they work in, and the conditions of employment they accept, when the decide to play professional footy.

Twodogs
18-10-2016, 10:47 AM

Just looking at the surface they were playing on I wouldn't have been happy walking on that let alone playing on it if I had done a knee in the last couple of years. Then again I'm not Tom Liberatore but I kind of understand that idiosyncratic nature a bit. It took me years to learn how to walk away from an argument or a fight on the basis that I would rather suffer a physical beating than thinking "what should I have done" for the next few days.

Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

choconmientay
18-10-2016, 11:42 AM
TheAge is running a short article about this. LINK (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tom-liberatores-vietnam-swans-cameo-has-the-western-bulldogs-snarling-20161017-gs4kmh.html)

Tom Liberatore's Vietnam Swans cameo has the Western Bulldogs snarling

Fun-loving Tom Liberatore's cameo for the Vietnam Swans has earned the ire of his club the Western Bulldogs.

The premiership-winning midfielder unexpectedly took the field at the weekend while on holidays in the south-east Asian country, reportedly booting a goal and spending time in the ruck.

"It's not ideal. Hopefully they (the Vietnam Swans) had some good insurance," Bulldogs list manager Jason McCartney joked with Melbourne radio station RSN on Tuesday.

Liberatore, as well as travelling companion and Bulldogs teammate Luke Dahlhaus, was named as a emergency in the Vietnam team's AFL Asia Championships campaign.

Dahlhaus stayed on the sidelines, but Liberatore was less eager to occupy the pine.

Liberatore was also snapped drinking beers on the sideline with an odd new haircut - dubbed the "Friar Tuck" for the lack of hair on the top of his scalp.

http://www.theage.com.au/content/dam/images/g/s/4/l/c/r/image.related.articleLeadNarrow.300x0.gs4kmh.png/1476747211401.jpg
Tony Liberatore gets a haircut on the sidelines during a match with the Vietnam Swans. Photos: Facebook

McCartney expressed concern about Liberatore playing in the off-season considering the star 24-year-old missed the 2015 season with a ruptured ACL.

"Young Tom shouldn't be doing those things," he said.

"You can't put yourself at risk.

"He loves a good time, but yeah, you probably need to be a touch smarter."

McCartney said the club would make contact with him even though he was still overseas to tell him "no more footy".

AAP

LostDoggy
18-10-2016, 11:48 AM
i just wanna know where he got those shorts from. Libba is as milky slack nang as it gets. Respect.

Yesss! Fresh haircut energies.

1eyedog
18-10-2016, 11:54 AM
Riiiight. I must be getting old.:D

I'm pretty sure I'm older than you :p
It was posted up on here from a Facebook page a few weeks ago by Sophie - funny stuff.

westbulldog
18-10-2016, 02:51 PM
Storm in a teacup. Let the young bloke enjoy his holiday after all he has been through to get back on the park and make a major contribution to our premiership. Unless his contract specifically precludes something then lets not be too PC.

Remi Moses
18-10-2016, 03:00 PM
Just being cautious with a massive asset .
I agree with others that you can get injured doing anything
Cleveland Indians starting pitcher Trevor Bauer has just been taken out of the game with blood streaming from a finger .
He injured it playing with his drone

comrade
18-10-2016, 03:03 PM
If the worst thing Libba gets caught doing this off season is kicking ridiculous goals in an Asian footy game, I can live with that.

ledge
18-10-2016, 03:12 PM
If the worst thing Libba gets caught doing this off season is kicking ridiculous goals in an Asian footy game, I can live with that.
The haircut beats that by a mile .

comrade
18-10-2016, 03:14 PM
The haircut beats that by a mile .

I hope he keeps it. Attendances will be up on that alone.

ledge
18-10-2016, 03:28 PM
I hope he keeps it. Attendances will be up on that alone.

It's all about being diverse ., huge increase in monk membership