PDA

View Full Version : How many Goals will Dicko kick in 2016

bornadog
29-01-2016, 06:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZ3NfakW0AAQq0X.jpg:large

azabob
29-01-2016, 06:15 PM
I think he will get to the 50 to 60 goal's again.

He will be able to build on his fitness that he achieved last season so in theory should be fitter. I also think the forward line will be more consistent this year compared to last, which should lead to more opportunities for Dickson to kick goals.

Having said all that he will have to continue to work hard up and down the ground as with Crameri not playing he will get a lot more attention.

On a side note it is great to see this poll is about how many goals he will kick rather than is he in our best 22 list, which was the vibe early on in 2015.

Greystache
29-01-2016, 06:53 PM
I think he'll play more forward and less midfield than last year given the loss of Crameri, but he'll probably get more opposition attention too, so I'll say 50ish.

He also kicked 7 against the undefeated top of the ladder team in Freo and kicked 5 in a final getting the maximum b&f votes, so let's hope he's going to be that big game player for us.

F'scary
29-01-2016, 07:43 PM
With him, 5 kicks inside the 50m arc = 4 goals. That's all he has to do with that deadly accurate goal kicking technique he possesses. But he gives heaps more. If Big Boyd and Big Jack have improved seasons, Dicko will benefit because they will often have Dicko's opponent joining in the fly for the spoil. I'm tipping another 50 goals.

BornInDroopSt'54
29-01-2016, 08:26 PM
The poll hasn't got the 40 to 50 range which is what I think he'll get. We'll get our goals from a bigger spread this year as the game plan will empower more midfielders to get on the end of the chain. Tom Boyd to kick 25+ and to create plenty more.

stefoid
29-01-2016, 11:56 PM
Hes earned respect this season and unfortunately that means they will put more work into him. Crameri out doesnt help either.

30-40

boydogs
30-01-2016, 12:32 AM
55, he'll pinch a few of Crameri's

Bulldog Joe
30-01-2016, 10:54 AM
With Dickson having just crossed the 50 game mark, he actually should be a better player than 2015.

Whether the transfers to more goals is hard to say, but he could be rivalling Eddie Betts as the number 1 small forward in 2016.

Ghost Dog
30-01-2016, 11:45 AM
Hes earned respect this season and unfortunately that means they will put more work into him. Crameri out doesnt help either.

30-40

Same as when Libba was out, the doomsdayers said we were cooked.
This time next year, we will be wondering why we worried so much about Crameri. 58

Go_Dogs
30-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Another 50+ year for Tory, without a doubt.

He doesn't waste shots on goal and he's a smart enough player to ensure he gets a number of opportunities each game. It will be interesting to see how he handles the expectation.

stefoid
30-01-2016, 09:33 PM
Same as when Libba was out, the doomsdayers said we were cooked.
This time next year, we will be wondering why we worried so much about Crameri. 58

god damn those *!*!*!*!ing doomsayers!

SonofScray
31-01-2016, 09:52 AM
30-40, teams are going to have to put more time into him given his accuracy and output last season. Hopefully the rise and rise of The Package and someone like Boyd or Redpath increasing their tallies sees him off the leash and he could easily kick another 50+ but I would expect that the forward line will look very different this season and the goal spread will shift accordingly.

GVGjr
31-01-2016, 10:00 AM
He's going to get a better defender as well with Crameri out. I'm hoping he can produce a 40 goal plus season.

Maddog37
31-01-2016, 11:43 AM
I think he will get better treatment from the umpires now that he is more well known too. One extra free kick a game could easily translate to an extra 15 goals for Tory.

LostDoggy
31-01-2016, 11:55 AM
I reckon Tory would rarely have gotten a lesser defender because of Crameri last year anyway. They are different type players and for a lot of last year, Tory would've been the more feared player, as he was kicking goals consistently whereas Stewie had no preseason and spent a good part of the year on the fringes (or out) of the team.

No doubt Crameri's absence will have some impact, but as long as the other forwards are mobile, creating space and disorder, Dickson will thrive, with his footy brain and natural goalsense creating a few opportunities every week.

If Boyd goes to another level, this could provide more opportunity as Dickson is a really good crumber who has had little opportunity in recent years to show off this aspect of his game.

Barring injury or a major drop in form, I'd reckon 40-60 is a safe bet.

LostDoggy
01-02-2016, 12:30 AM
I voted 30-40 but can also see him getting off the leash a bit more this year as well and like MD37,getting better treatment from the ump's which could eaily see him have another 50+ year.

Ozza
02-02-2016, 09:50 AM
I'd like to have had the 40-50 option!

44 goals.

bornadog
02-02-2016, 09:54 AM
I'd like to have had the 40-50 option!

44 goals.
sorry, I stuffed that up in the poll. :o

Greystache
02-02-2016, 11:04 AM
I've added it in. It's gonna need to do a Bradbury to get up though!

Mantis
03-02-2016, 02:47 PM
I think he will get better treatment from the umpires now that he is more well known too. One extra free kick a game could easily translate to an extra 15 goals for Tory.

He milks more frees than anyone else in our team.. I would think that the umps might cotton onto his antics and he may get a few less free's this year.

Anyway still has enough smarts to average 2 goals a game so I have him in the 40-50 zone, but it wouldn't surprise if he kicked a few more.

F'scary
03-02-2016, 08:40 PM
He milks more frees than anyone else in our team.. I would think that the umps might cotton onto his antics and he may get a few less free's this year.

Anyway still has enough smarts to average 2 goals a game so I have him in the 40-50 zone, but it wouldn't surprise if he kicked a few more.

I think Hunter is Mr Free Kicks in our team.

Greystache
03-02-2016, 09:15 PM
I think Hunter is Mr Free Kicks in our team.

Just give Toby McLean time, he could one day rival Goodes.

Testekill
04-02-2016, 02:11 AM

I think it's more that he's really good at drawing contact and milks the contact just enough that the umpire buys it.