PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs 2016 Betting Odds

Bulldog4life
05-02-2016, 12:04 PM
http://www.bettingpro.com.au/category/afl/western-bulldogs-2016-betting-odds-20151212-0003/

Western Bulldogs 2016 Betting Odds - Bulldogs $5 to finish top 4 in 2016 after breakout season in 2015

The Western Bulldogs took the AFL competition by surprise in 2015, rising from the depths of the ladder in 2014 to storm into the top eight under new coach, Luke Beveridge.

In his first season at the helm, Beveridge guided the club from 14th when he took over at the end of 2014 to 6th after the home and away season, before bowing out in week 1 of the 2015 AFL Finals Series with a seven point loss against Adelaide.

The big question will be whether or not the Bulldogs can continue their upward trend in 2016. Was 2015 a flash in the pan or are the boys from Whitten Oval the real deal?

The Bulldogs have been installed as a $5 chance to make the top 4 in 2016 with CrownBet, while they are at $1.90 to make the top eight. The young pups are $17 to win their first premiership since 1961, and their second in the cub’s history.

A highlight of the Dogs play was their free-flowing style of football. They had some brilliant wins during 2015, particularly in the second half of the season and at Etihad Stadium where they won nine on the trot at the venue.

Their midfield brigade including Mitch Wallis, Luke Dahlhaus and Marcus Bontempelli stood up during the year, while Robert Murphy and Easton Wood were pivotal across halfback.

Jake Stringer developed into an exciting package in the forward line and booted 56 majors for the year, while the underrated Tory Dickson chimed in with 50.

The concerns for the Bulldogs were their lack of key position players down back, which showed up in the finals loss against Adelaide, as well as their form at the MCG, the venue of their finals loss against the Crows. The Bulldogs had earlier lost to lowly Melbourne at the home football in the middle of the year.

During the trade period, the Dogs picked up two-time Hawthorn premiership player, Matt Suckling and they will also welcome back Tom Liberatore who missed the entire 2015 season due to a knee injury.

'Libba' won the clubs 2014 best and fairest and is a $41 Brownlow chance with bet365 of emulating his father, Tony, who took out the medal in 1990, while Marcus Bontempelli is at $34.

Jake Stringer is at $21 with bet365 to claim the Coleman Medal for the competition's leading goal kicker. Stringer finished 5th in the 2015 Coleman behind West Coast powerhouse, Josh Kennedy.

Western Bulldogs 2016 Premiership odds

AFL Premiership ($17 CrownBet)
Top 4 Finish ($5 CrownBet)
Top 8 Finish ($1.90 CrownBet)
Marcus Bontempelli to win Brownlow Medal ($34 bet365)
Jake Stringer to win Coleman Medal ($21 bet365)

LostDoggy
05-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Geez with Crammers away, Jakey might be a good punt.

This time next year there may some flag bets happening.

Cyberdoggie
05-02-2016, 06:02 PM
Those odds are actually quite low. $17 for the premiership? and $5 for top 4?

I would probably think maybe $30 for the cup at best at this stage.

LostDoggy
07-02-2016, 04:26 PM

I would agree that $17 is narrow odds for a flag given our horrid record in the past 60 years and the fact that we are currently not a top 4 team.

I reckon $5 for top 4 is a fair price though, given we were close last year, have enormous upside and those currently in the top 4 look a little old and ready to be challenged.

Wouldn't go near any of the individual awards.

Both Bont and Libba are good enough to win, but both have physical queries, couldn't possibly consider betting on a Brownlow Medallist pre-season at $101 or less unless their preseason had been excptional.

I'd never consider a non-full forward as a better than $51 Coleman Medal chance - historically they just don't win it.

Bulldog Joe
07-02-2016, 04:39 PM

I have had a little nibble at $21 for the flag and $5 for top 4.
Last year I took $13 on top 8 and I think $26 top 4. I cashed out the top 4 after the West Coast in Perth with a profit on the bet.
I also too $501 for the flag and cashed that out at the same time.

ledge
07-02-2016, 06:17 PM
$1.90 for top eight that's a pretty solid bet to double your money.
Nearly put your house on it odds and have another house.
Would be a very very disappointing season if we didn't make it.
I had $50 on us making it last year with a friend, told him double or nothing for this year, he took it! Straight after he said yes I offered cash out and just give me $90 now and save yourself $10

LostDoggy
08-02-2016, 12:41 AM
$1.90 for top eight that's a pretty solid bet to double your money.
Nearly put your house on it odds and have another house.
Would be a very very disappointing season if we didn't make it.
I had $50 on us making it last year with a friend, told him double or nothing for this year, he took it! Straight after he said yes I offered cash out and just give me $90 now and save yourself $10

I'm not so confident. I do think we should make it. But there's 3 teams who missed out last year who come right into calculations. Geelong with the off season they have had, plus the draw, they make it for sure. Port Adelaide abd Collingwood 2 other sides that have potential to make it. Someone has to miss out.

Harder draw for us this year (in terms of quality of opponent) easier draw for the above teams mentioned. I wouldn't be chucking the house on it just yet!

Bulldog Joe
08-02-2016, 06:47 AM
I'm not so confident. I do think we should make it. But there's 3 teams who missed out last year who come right into calculations. Geelong with the off season they have had, plus the draw, they make it for sure. Port Adelaide abd Collingwood 2 other sides that have potential to make it. Someone has to miss out.

Harder draw for us this year (in terms of quality of opponent) easier draw for the above teams mentioned. I wouldn't be chucking the house on it just yet!

While the fixture is considered tougher for the teams we play, I believe this is compensated by the scheduling itself.
We don't leave Etihad until round 8 and our we also strike 3 Victorian opponents who are returning from interstate in that time. We even get Hawthorn after they have 2 tough opening games.

LostDoggy
08-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Geelong with the off season they have had, plus the draw, they make it for sure. Port Adelaide abd Collingwood 2 other sides that have potential to make it.

My thoughts exactly. Hard to pinpoint where we will end up.

LostDoggy
08-02-2016, 01:52 PM
While the fixture is considered tougher for the teams we play, I believe this is compensated by the scheduling itself.
We don't leave Etihad until round 8 and our we also strike 3 Victorian opponents who are returning from interstate in that time. We even get Hawthorn after they have 2 tough opening games.
I agree that the whole draw aspect shouldn't be overplayed. Last year the teams we played twice were Port, Melbourne, StKilda, West Coast and Brisbane (all of whom we beat once and lost to once for a 5-5 record).

This year we meet Freo, Collingwood, StKilda, North and Geelong - generally a good bunch, but all of whom we can take on with some confidence. If we go 6-4 or 7-3 against these teams we've beaten last year's draw of teams met twice and only one of them is an interstate team (who we play interstate last round).

Bulldog4life
16-02-2016, 10:59 AM

David King, who is a fan of ours, doesn't pick us for the 8 either which was surprising.

Cyberdoggie
16-02-2016, 02:35 PM
David King, who is a fan of ours, doesn't pick us for the 8 either which was surprising.

Yeah I don't think they really see the quality of our depth coming through. They see that we don't have a star studded defence or a gun ruckman or flashy seasoned midfielder like Ablett or Danger and think how can we win.
They don't see that we don't really rely on too many individual contributors without having someone to replace them (Stringer and Bonts aside).

I really think we'll see some changes in the ladder positions this year, some sides that have had a good run may slip and others will rise sharply. There is a new wave of sides like the Dogs, GC, GWS, Dees and Saints that will all improve. All those sides are better this year without doubt, how well they go is up to them, but if they all improve, who falls away?

LostDoggy
16-02-2016, 06:09 PM

King's sole negative argument seems to be that he doubts Murphy, Boyd and Morris can be as good this year as last.

This seems overly pessimistic as (a) they are all supremely fit and hungry and should not drop off alarmingly, and (b) the upside to our under 23 brigade would seemingly more than counteract any such drop-off, not to mention the return of Liberatore and Stevens.

I have heard King discuss our prospects and he doesn't seem to have any other knock on us. Very strange he demotes our finishing position on such a flimsy basis.

Bulldog4life
16-02-2016, 06:49 PM
King's sole negative argument seems to be that he doubts Murphy, Boyd and Morris can be as good this year as last.

This seems overly pessimistic as (a) they are all supremely fit and hungry and should not drop off alarmingly, and (b) the upside to our under 23 brigade would seemingly more than counteract any such drop-off, not to mention the return of Liberatore and Stevens.

I have heard King discuss our prospects and he doesn't seem to have any other knock on us. Very strange he demotes our finishing position on such a flimsy basis.

I actually missed him discussing us PP. Turned the radio on at the end of the segment. Just heard him giving his final 8. It surprised me as he was keen on us last year.

LostDoggy
16-02-2016, 10:08 PM
That's because nearly everyone in the media think last years effort was a flash in the pan and most if not all expect us to do a Port Adelaide and go bacjwards after a stellar rise the year before.
For as many journo's and "experts" who were all over us last year as the feel good story of last year those same people will be predicting and willing us to slide as "I told you so" moment.
LIKE HELL!
I hope we "STICK IT RIGHT UP EM!"
;)

Bulldog Joe
16-02-2016, 10:18 PM
That's because nearly everyone in the media think last years effort was a flash in the pan and most if not all expect us to do a Port Adelaide and go bacjwards after a stellar rise the year before.
For as many journo's and "experts" who were all over us last year as the feel good story of last year those same people will be predicting and willing us to slide as "I told you so" moment.
LIKE HELL!
;)

I concur.
It seems everyone enjoyed our rise even though they did not predict it and they are setting themselves to say "I knew this would happen" if we drop, while being safe to marvel at our performance as the continued feelgood if we maintain an upward trend.

LostDoggy
16-02-2016, 10:19 PM
LIKE HELL!
;)

Jeez they love that Port comparison. Aside from being lazy and irrelevant, it's just wrong - in 2013 they went from 14th to 7th (2nd week finals), and then followed it up with a narrow Prelim Final loss in 2014 - that's what those who compare us to Port are tipping for us this year.

Remi Moses
17-02-2016, 03:17 AM
I think I've heard the port comparison, and the fixture being easy at least 100 times .

Bulldog4life
27-02-2016, 01:25 PM
AFL Premiership Current Market (Ladbrokes):
Hawthorn $4.00,
West Coast $5.50,
Fremantle $8.00,
Geelong $8.00,
Sydney $11.00,
Port Adelaide $13.00,
Richmond $13.00,
North Melbourne $17.00,
Collingwood $19.00,
Adelaide $21.00,
Western Bulldogs $21.00,
Gold Coast $34.00,
GWS $34.00,
Melbourne $151,
St Kilda $151,
Brisbane $251,
Carlton $251,
Essendon $251

http://www.bettingpro.com.au/category/afl/afl-ladder-prediction-20160208-0010/

AFL Ladder Prediction - Predicting how the AFL ladder will look at the end of the 2016 season

The 2016 AFL season should be an absolute beauty and in the countdown to the home and away season we take a look at how we think the ladder will look at the end of the year.

Watch all AFL games streamed live online via CrownBet.

The obvious team to beat will be Hawthorn and while history suggests a fourth flag is nigh on impossible, it is very hard to go past the brown and gold when it comes to selecting the team to finish atop the ladder after Round 23.

Alistair Clarkson's side are all but guaranteed to have another good year and while there should be plenty of stiff competition from the 17 rival teams, none are really screaming out to end the dynasty of the brown and gold.

On last years form, the West Coast Eagles are the obvious challengers and Adam Simpson's men should be thereabouts agains, especially given they have the advantage of playing 12 games at the 'house of pain', Domain Stadium.

The Eagles local rivals, Fremantle, will also be up there but they tend to lack a killer punch and probably won't challenge Hawthorn at seasons end. There are still huge concerns about the quality of their forward line and Ross Lyon's side will just miss the top four.

The improvers from last year could very well be the Sydney Swans. While the boys from the harbour city have lost a stack of experience in the off-season they have a number of young guns that are ready to step up to fill the void.

It should also be remembered that the Swans suffered a shocking run into the finals last year with injuries to key players including Lance Franklin who was sidelined due to mental illness.

The Swans are a great club and if they have a fit squad to choose from they will be dangerous. Look for them to get off to a flyer in season 2016 and if they manage to do this they could be the main challengers.

Another club to look out for is Geelong, who have been handed a dream draw by the AFL. With Patrick Dangerfield headlining a host of new recruits at the club the Cats look set to feature deep in September.

Mitch Duncan, Joel Selwood, Josh Caddy and Steven Motlop will combine with Dangerfield to form a mare than handy midfield, while there will be plenty of interest in how the comeback kid, Daniel Menzel, fares after finally completing a full pre-season.

Other sides that should improve are Collingwood and G.W.S. The Magpies, and coach Nathan Buckley, face a make or break year. Their new recruits, and a healthy list, should ensure that Buckley avoids speculation about his position.

Looking on the flip side, sides that could take a tumble down the ladder include the Western Bulldogs and Richmond. The Bulldogs are one of the most attractive sides to watch but they are still very young and may have batted above their average last year.

Richmond could go either way but after three successive flops in the finals, it may be the wrong way for their success-starved fans.

Of the rest, the Adelaide Crows should slip down after suffering the double whammy of losing Dangerfield and copping a tough draw, while it is hard to see any of the bottom six from 2015 bridging the gap this year.

The battle for the wooden spoon will also be an interesting one. Essendon are widely tipped to be certainties for this but they may just pip Carlton for 17th position when the two clubs face off in the last round of the season.

AFL 2016 Season: Predicted Ladder:

1. Hawthorn
2. Sydney
3. Geelong
4. West Coast
5. Fremantle
6. North Melbourne
7. Collingwood
8. GWS

9. Port Adelaide
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Richmond
12. Adelaide
13. Melbourne
14. St Kilda
15. Brisbane
16. Gold Coast
17. Essendon
18. Carlton

ledge
27-02-2016, 02:28 PM
So in effect we get no credit for last year and are written off to improve but actually go down.
Not sure how that works looking at how they have judged other teams.

1eyedog
27-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Those odds won't reflect how opposition teams will approach us this year.

Remi Moses
27-02-2016, 11:54 PM
Doesn't everyone realise we're the new port Adelaide !:rolleyes:

Bulldog4life
15-03-2016, 07:57 PM
Latest Odds haven't changed much

Hawthorn 4.00
West Coast 6.00
Geelong 9.00
Fremantle 9.00
Port Adelaide 11.00
Sydney 12.00
Richmond 14.00
North Melbourne 18.00
Western Bulldogs 18.00
Collingwood 18.00
Adelaide 31.00
Greater Western Sydney 34.00
Gold Coast 51.00
Melbourne 101.00
St Kilda 101.00
Essendon 151.00
Brisbane 151.00
Carlton 251.00

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/australian-rules/afl/AFL-Premiership-Winner-2016-2186807.html

Just noticed we have come in a little.

Ghost Dog
15-03-2016, 08:35 PM
I concur.
It seems everyone enjoyed our rise even though they did not predict it and they are setting themselves to say "I knew this would happen" if we drop, while being safe to marvel at our performance as the continued feelgood if we maintain an upward trend.

Essendon may set a few records this season for points against. I think they are wrong about Adelaide who suffered the loss of Phil Walsh and maintained competitiveness. A very tough club, as we all know.

Bulldog4life
24-03-2016, 01:13 PM
After being outsiders to win against Fremantle we have now came in enormously to now being favourite.

Western Bulldogs 1.85 Fremantle 1.97

Bulldog4life
26-03-2016, 12:06 PM
Western Bulldogs $1.62 Fremantle $2.35

There has been monies on the doggies that keeps on coming.

Bulldog4life
28-03-2016, 01:10 AM
Hawthorn 4.00
WC 5.50
Sydney 9.00
Geelong 9.00
Fremantle 10.00
Port Adel 11.00
Bulldogs 12.50
Richmond 14.00
Nth Melb 16.00

Latest odds

comrade
28-03-2016, 07:07 AM
WC will shorten up in the coming weeks. So much fire power.

$12.50 seems short but then again, we're a better chance that both Richmond and North who just don't have the cattle.

1eyedog
28-03-2016, 11:30 AM
Hawthorn 4.00
WC 5.50
Sydney 9.00
Geelong 9.00
Fremantle 10.00
Port Adel 11.00
Bulldogs 12.50
Richmond 14.00
Nth Melb 16.00

Latest odds

Geelong? Because of Danger? They're a markedly better team with him playing but we should be on par with them and probably will be if the Dawks knock them off today. Would love to meet the Dawks in a Granny actually and knock them over on their 4-peat but would be equally satisfied knocking Geelong over in a Granny too.

Bulldog4life
19-04-2016, 05:52 PM
On Twitter: CrownBet.com.au ‏@crownbet 31m31 minutes ago
We've got Matthew Boyd at $26 to score 92 #AFLFantasy Pts for the 5th straight game in 2016 http://ow.ly/4mQgq3

Juicy odds for Boydy to do it again.