PDA

View Full Version : Worst Kicks of All Time

Axe Man
18-03-2016, 10:48 AM
SEN have declared Jayson Daniels as the worst kick ever. He called into the station an accepted his 'award' - obviously has a good sense of humour. Who do you consider the worst kicks of all time, from both the Dogs and other clubs?

Daniels calls in, accepts worst kick award (http://www.sen.com.au/news/03-16/daniels-calls-in-accepts-worst-kick-award#AJzy7WHb27PgUs4d.97)

Jayson Daniels was anointed as the worst ever kick in football history on The Run Home and was good enough to call in to accept the honour.

The former Saint and Swan played 173 games in the league kicking 30 goals, but is often remembered for his disposals by foot that missed the target.

“My phone’s been running hot to ring SEN saying I’ve won a prize,” said Daniels on SEN radio.

“I was thinking most courageous, best handballer? But, no.

“I know where it stems from Harf, a couple of those games out at Waverley where I towelled you up.

“That’s obviously been eating at you all these years.

“It wasn’t my strong suit (kicking), the hand-eye coordination lacked a little bit and still does.

“I worked as hard as I could with what I had and hung in there for a few games.

“The boys up forward didn’t like it, Plugger used to always complain about the helicopters sitting in the air for a period of time.

“I either make the redheaded team, or worst kicking team, so it’s nice to be remembered, anyway.

The 45-year-old went on to give Marko and Harf the best and worst kicking moments of his career.

“If you really want to know I kicked three in one game at the MCG against Melbourne off a wing, pretty happy with that one,” laughed Daniels.

“There are a few to choose from (worst kicks), probably set shot up at the SCG, ten to fifteen metres out, slight angle, on the full.”

Of course, he was even keener to suggest a few of his own nominations for the worst kick in footy.

“I hope Dunkley was right in there, James Manson was he in there?” pondered Daniels.

“Barry Round, but he won a Brownlow so we can’t go too hard on him.”

Sedat
18-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Not enough love for Mark Komp

Twodogs
18-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Not enough love for Mark Komp

Kompy seemed to go out of his way and left no stone unturned in order to make himself the worst kick of all time. Everything about his technique and action screamed "FIX ME!!!!!!"

bornadog
18-03-2016, 01:57 PM
The worst kick in our team at the moment is Dahl

westdog54
18-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Mick Martyn anyone?

azabob
18-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Michael Talia surely is up there.

ledge
18-03-2016, 05:58 PM
I was going to say Scott Wynd but I never saw him kick.

ratsmac
18-03-2016, 06:01 PM
Shaun Hampson is terrible. He'll miss a set shot from the top of the goal square.

He has Megan Gale so what does he care!

1eyedog
18-03-2016, 07:14 PM
James Manson by a fair margin. He sort of just dropped it from one hand near his right pectorial and hoped for the best.

ledge
18-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Justin Madden

boydogs
18-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Casboult & Butcher

ledge
18-03-2016, 09:19 PM
We had our eye on butcher, pity he can't kick because he certainly has some tricks.

Ghost Dog
19-03-2016, 12:47 AM
Matty Boyd circa 2013.

LostDoggy
19-03-2016, 12:50 AM
Jarrad Grant

Ghost Dog
19-03-2016, 12:53 AM
Jarrad Grant

Hahah. Love it. Maybe not bad overall, but I would say he only missed the kicks that mattered.

Greystache
19-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Christian Howard, he could turn an out of bounds free kick into an opposition free kick for out on the full without anyone else being involved better than any player I've seen.

He did shin through a helicopter punt for a goal in the VFL grand final though!

The Doctor
19-03-2016, 02:51 PM
Andrew Dunkley wasn't great

Twodogs
19-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Christian Howard, he could turn an out of bounds free kick into an opposition free kick for out on the full without anyone else being involved better than any player I've seen.

He did shin through a helicopter punt for a goal in the VFL grand final though!

The most glorious shank I have ever seen. It could have gone everywhere but I remain convinced that bulldog throng behind that goal all inhaled at exactly the same time and dragged the ball on a stream jet through the goals.

merantau
19-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Geoff Leak from Essendon - couldn't kick over a jam tin. Ken Beck from Hawthorn was worse. Barry Round - a study in woefulness. Jayde Rawlings - cost us games. I'd like to say he had the yips bit yips can be cured. His problems were in his DNA. David Thorpe - a ball magnet who would spray it in a sort of general direction towards a target. Peter Featherby - ball magnet. Jack Dyer once said "at least when he's got the ball the other side hasn't." - says it all really. Emmett Dunne - ordinary but it didn't matter much; he couldn't get a kick in an interview room. David Polkinghorne from Hawthorn. His standard kick was a 35mt mongrel punt out of bounds. Brian Dixon - kicked with all the grace of a drunken emu. Mick Nolan - no matter how he deliberated it always went skew wiff. David Cloke - kicked with the elegance of a wart hog. Paul Kelly - sort of just hacked it forward. John Ibrahim from North. His kicking action defied the laws of physics. It took slow motion film to reveal his secret. Ron Barassi - what he lacked in skill he more than compensated for with guts and physicality. Kevin Murray from Fitzroy - could not kick to save himself but he won a Brownlow. Liam Jones - I loved it when Carlton snapped him up. Kick a pressure goal? Hell would freeze over first. Alan Daniels - missed three getable set shots in the third quarter of a prelim against Hawthorn. Garry Lazarous - from Fitzroy. Turned the simple act of kicking the ball into an arcane ritual totally beyond his understanding.

Twodogs
19-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Gary Dempsey was a woeful kick too.