PDA

View Full Version : Training Updates - 2016

bornadog
21-03-2016, 05:59 PM
This week's open training session will be held at Victoria University Whitten Oval on Tuesday 22 March at 4:00pm and Saturday 26 March at 10:00am. NB: Training times are approximate and subject to change.

ledge
21-03-2016, 06:46 PM
This week's open training session will be held at Victoria University Whitten Oval on Tuesday 22 March at 4:00pm and Saturday 26 March at 10:00am. NB: Training times are approximate and subject to change.

Cool, might go down to the reserves game early and watch them train on Saturday.

GVGjr
26-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Light training session this morning. I think 2 emergencies trained with the 22. I didn't notice Redpath

Tom Boyd cuts an imposing figure. Looks to be in great condition. Roughead trained without any strapping on his shoulders
In a couple of centre square type drills Stevens pace really stood out.

I might type something more a bit later

bornadog
29-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Open Training today at 4pm

LostDoggy
29-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Open Training today at 4pm

I know it's probably early,but did any woofers get to training today and if so what were your ob's?

bornadog
04-04-2016, 10:46 PM
This week's open training session will be held at Victoria University Whitten Oval on Tuesday 5 April at 4:00pm and Saturday 9 April at 10:00am.

bornadog
18-04-2016, 02:11 PM
OPEN TRAINING: There will be no training session at Whitten Oval Tuesday night. Friday's Captain's Run at 10am will be an open session.

1eyedog
25-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Is there open training tomorrow night?

bornadog
26-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Is there open training tomorrow night?

Yes at 3.30

This week's open training session will be held at Victoria University Whitten Oval on Tuesday 26 April at 3:30pm and Thursday 28 April at 10:00am. NB: Training times are approximate and subject to change.

1eyedog
27-04-2016, 10:02 AM
Yes at 3.30

Ok. I went down to training yesterday although I didn't get there until a smidge after 4 pm. Here are some of my observations.

JJ was on the bike and jogging.

Daniel was walking around unimpeded.

Suckling is walking around no problems but needs a minor clean up on the ankle as there are apparently bone frags.

Clay Smith is walking around unimpeded and did inside work. Every now and again he would run out onto the ground from inside and turn back inside again. He did this a few times. Looks bigger.

Koby Stevens spent time with Rohan Smith.

The boys were really revving TC up for the weekend, very vocal about Tom tearing Goldie a new one. It was pretty clear from this how highly they rate Goldie and how important Tom will be on Friday. I heard it was critical that Goldie did not give their mids first use.

Libba did light duties if I can call them that.

Toby McLean looked sore and walked about 5 laps but did join in with Libba for a light run through.

A few players had earphones on when kicking for goal. I was informed that they were listening to crowd simulation noises.

bornadog
27-04-2016, 10:06 AM
Thanks 1eyedog, I wonder what we can work out from your report?

* JJ to come back earlier than 9 weeks?
* Koby to play some time in the backline
* Toby McLean to be rested?

1eyedog
27-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Thanks 1eyedog, I wonder what we can work out from your report?

* JJ to come back earlier than 9 weeks?
* Koby to play some time in the backline
* Toby McLean to be rested?

Yeah that's not much in it that we didn't know. Libba being managed and yes I reckon Koby will spend some time back which I don't mind. He has explosiveness, can be covered in the midfield and is generally a nice kick. He'll also have a bit more time down there so hopefully we won't see any hospital hand passes.

bornadog
27-04-2016, 10:23 AM
Yeah that's not much in it that we didn't know. Libba being managed and yes I reckon Koby will spend some time back which I don't mind. He has explosiveness, can be covered in the midfield and is generally a nice kick. He'll also have a bit more time down there so hopefully we won't see any hospital hand passes.

I think Bevo is rotating a few mids through the backline. Libba had a stint there on the weekend.

1eyedog
27-04-2016, 10:29 AM
I think Bevo is rotating a few mids through the backline. Libba had a stint there on the weekend.

It makes sense with such a deep midfield to play ball winners back there. Stevens, Libba and Adcock all lined up off half back at one stage on Saturday night.

bornadog
27-04-2016, 10:40 AM
It makes sense with such a deep midfield to play ball winners back there. Stevens, Libba and Adcock all lined up off half back at one stage on Saturday night.

Some rumours that Libba maynot play?

1eyedog
27-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Have you heard anything? I have no idea. His current training schedule looks more about managing his load than about any niggles. He was moving freely.

azabob
27-04-2016, 11:14 AM
I'd be surprised if Liberatore was rested for this week. Surely we were better off resting him last week. I'd imagine after a year out he'd be pretty sore.

bornadog
03-05-2016, 10:23 AM
This week's open training session will be held at Victoria University Whitten Oval on Tuesday 3 May at 3:30pm and Friday 6 May at 10:00am. Thursday's training session will be closed. NB: Training times are approximate and subject to change.

Murphy'sLore
03-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Perfect weather for it today :)

always right
03-05-2016, 10:37 AM
Perfect weather for it today :)
End of the earth

bornadog
10-05-2016, 02:03 PM
This week's open training session will be held at Victoria University Whitten Oval on Tuesday 10 May at 3:30pm and Saturday 14 May at 10:00am. Thursday's training session will be closed. NB: Training times are approximate and subject to change.

LostDoggy
13-05-2016, 12:27 PM
What has JJ and Suckerz been up to on the track?

How is Clay looking?

bornadog
13-05-2016, 01:07 PM
What has JJ and Suckerz been up to on the track?

How is Clay looking?

Stringer said in an interview JJ has been running and looks really fit, but doesn't expect him back for 6 weeks. I would be surprised if it is 6 more weeks. GVGjr said Suckling mentioned at a function he is ready to come back but club is taking precautions.

bornadog
17-05-2016, 10:14 AM
Upcoming Training Sessions (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season)This week's open training session will be held at Victoria University Whitten Oval on Tuesday 17 May at 3:30pm, and at Spotless Stadium, Homebush (NSW) on Saturday 21 May at 3:30pm. Thursday's training session will be closed. NB: Training times are approximate and subject to change.

bornadog
24-05-2016, 12:05 AM
This week's open training session will be held at Victoria University Whitten Oval on Tuesday 24 May at 3:30pm and on Saturday 28 May at 10:00am. Thursday's training session will be closed. NB: Training times are approximate and subject to change.

bornadog
30-05-2016, 06:22 PM
This week's open training session will be held at Victoria University Whitten Oval on Tuesday 31 May at 3:30pm and Saturday 4 June at 10:00am and on. Thursday's training session will be closed. NB: Training times are approximate and subject to change.

Daughter of the West
31-05-2016, 12:01 PM
I'll be heading down to training with the pup this afternoon, so if any fellow woofers spy a lady pushing a green and black pram, come and say hi (I may look a bit of a mess though - small pup was up quite a few times last night...).

Twodogs
31-05-2016, 12:12 PM
I'll be heading down to training with the pup this afternoon, so if any fellow woofers spy a lady pushing a green and black pram, come and say hi (I may look a bit of a mess though - small pup was up quite a few times last night...).

Oh cool. I love babies. Especially when I can hand them back...

bornadog
31-05-2016, 01:29 PM

Take your note pad, we expect a full report on every player.:D

Daughter of the West
31-05-2016, 01:48 PM
Take your note pad, we expect a full report on every player.:D

No worries captain! But through my sleep deprived haze, it may involve commentary like, "Bevo had the boys in small groups passing cups of soup back and forth, Bonti's left arm appears to be have replaced by a knitting needle and JJ was continuing his rehab on a unicorn."

bornadog
31-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Press Conference after Training. All updates from Twitter:

• No doubt we improved in the last term Sunday, it's hard to tell the quantum of the impact the Pies injuries had.

• Koby Stevens will be out this week, he won't come back until he is over this injury. We'll be cautious with him

• Tom Boyd has been out for a while now, we won't play him at senior level until he is cherry ripe.

• We'll need to be at our best to cover the Eagles small to mid forwards, not just their bigs in Kennedy and Darling.

• We'll back our players to get the job done defensively against the Eagles...they have a lot of threats up forward.

• The Eagles have played four good teams away, they didn't make it to grand final day not playing well away. They're a quality side.

EasternWest
31-05-2016, 08:46 PM
No worries captain! But through my sleep deprived haze, it may involve commentary like, "Bevo had the boys in small groups passing cups of soup back and forth, Bonti's left arm appears to be have replaced by a knitting needle and JJ was continuing his rehab on a unicorn."

I would read that report.

Daughter of the West
31-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Drumroll please...

DOTW's Official Yet Slightly Delirious Bulldogs Training Report (TM) for Tuesday 31 May

- the coffee at the Barkery/Pound/Whatever The Hell That Cafe Is Called Now quite nice, but the shop closes at 3pm on the knocker and not a second after, so come late looking for a caffeine fix at your peril (and it's only available post 2.45pm in a takeaway cup)
- the note on the Bulldogs website that training times are approximate was accurate as the boys didn't come out until after 4pm
- a golf buggy was used to ferry drinks and equipment out (the club has a golf buggy?!?)
- Matty Suckling is really easy to pick out from a distance with his haircut/beard combo
- Tom Campbell was one of the few boys to run out without a long sleeve jumper on, which totally impressed me as I was wearing 18 layers
- The squad came out in two distinct groups, not that I could tell you what the distinction was other than one group was on the ground 5 minutes later than the other
- Grown men at football training is really not interesting to 5.5mth year olds, as the pup fell asleep after 10 minutes, so we left shortly thereafter

Special mention goes to the father who brought along his 1.5ish year old daughter and had her doing agility drills between the cones before the boys got out there. I expect to see her starring in the women's team in eighteen or so years. Please note, that the girl in question may merely have been inspecting the cones as kids do and her father supervising, and he was not actually training her in a Melanie Molitor/Martina Hingis fashion

bornadog
31-05-2016, 11:25 PM
- a golf buggy was used to ferry drinks and equipment out (the club has a golf buggy?!?)

Thanks for the update, I enjoyed the read.

Do you remember Johnno getting run over at training by a golf buggy, did his calf.

BornInDroopSt'54
01-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the update, I enjoyed the read.

Do you remember Johnno getting run over at training by a golf buggy, did his calf.

I hope the poor idiot who was driving it has learned to forgive himself because I haven't learned to forgive him.

Axe Man
01-06-2016, 01:31 PM
I hope the poor idiot who was driving it has learned to forgive himself because I haven't learned to forgive him.

I think he went on to drive the Segway that ran over Usain Bolt.

bornadog
30-06-2016, 10:49 AM
This week's open training session will be on Friday at the Sydney Cricket Ground at 3.00pm.

The next Melbourne session will be held at Victoria University Whitten Oval on Tuesday 5th July at 4.00pm. NB: Training times are approximate and subject to change.

bornadog
01-07-2016, 04:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmQaPlNUcAAFfra.jpg

ledge
01-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Clay smith you gun !

bornadog
06-07-2016, 05:51 PM
There will be open training this Friday 8 July at 10am at Victoria University Whitten Oval. NB: Training times are approximate and subject to change.

bornadog
18-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Open training on Saturday this week at 10am

bornadog
19-08-2016, 11:18 AM
Open training on Saturday this week at 10am

Changed now to closed session.

Bulldog4life
20-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Changed now to closed session.

Maybe late change. Who knows.

G-Mo77
20-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Maybe late change. Who knows.

I maybe jumping the gun B4L but......

It's this kind of rubbish that gets me frustrated. Injuries are constantly misreported publicly, 2 weeks turns into half a season, I've given up hope that Libba, Macrae and Adams will be back at all in 2016. Have confidence in the team you select on Thursday and quit the pointless games.

1eyedog
23-08-2016, 09:27 AM
The next open training session will be on Tuesday 23/8 at Whitten Oval at approx. 4pm.

I'll be going this afternoon will report on anything of interest.

comrade
23-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Looking forward to getting a report.

1eyedog
23-08-2016, 07:52 PM
Hi all, here is the minutes from this afternoon's training session.

Hamling on the exercise bike with Libba and Hunter. Did about 20 minutes and then Hunter and Hamling suited up and took no further part in training - must be sore.

Libba did bike work and then some handball drills. Moved ok but did not use his left foot while kicking. Tom Boyd and Honey mucking around heaps - great mates. McLean, Hamilton and Williams also close.

Wood made an appearance with the rehab group in a moon boot.

Prudden, MaCrae and Murph ran about 6 laps including running off line work.

The list split up into three groups and rotated through a soccer drill, a handball drill and a short kicking drill. The groups were;

Group 1: Suckers, T Boyd, Tom Campbell, Honeychurch, Adcock and Roberts.
Group 2: Jong, Rourke, Cordy, Bont, Clay, Lynch and M Boyd
Group 3: Bailey, Moz, Caleb, JJ, McLean, Declan, Minson, Williams
Group 4: Dicko, Stringer, Dahl, Biggs, Hrovat, Webb and Stevens

Seems to be a fair bit riding on the soccer drill - very keenly fought by each group.

Things of note;

As mentioned Hunter and Hamling did not train

Williams is the same height or taller than Moz

MaCrae only ran laps, did not take part in training with the main group - seems a way off still.

Moz, Suckers, Williams, Honeychurch and Campbell all trained well.

Suckers moved freely and did everything the main list did.

Why 90% of the list chose to wear sneakers rather than footy boots is beyond me. Slipping and sliding were rolled gold. Stringer went over twice, JJ went over including landing heavily on his back and Dahl went over as well. All got up laughing (ah to be young). Don't these guys realise that us supporters wince and grimace every time they fall over?

Picken spent a heap of time talking to an old lady next to the fence and Bont was the first one to start signing autographs and the last to leave = champion blokes.

The overwhelming impression was just how close these guys are. There are some pretty close mates out there but there were heaps of high fives and lots of hugs.

I have included a photo of the Bont because we can never have too many photos of the Bont. Have a look at the strength in those legs!

That's all from me.

bornadog
23-08-2016, 10:21 PM
Great stuff 1eyedog, how you remembered all that I don't know.

Williams height is surprising, I have a good feeling about his future.

comrade
23-08-2016, 10:23 PM
Great report. Sounds like Suckling is ready to go.

Bevo name checked Declan in his presser. Any indication he was training with the big boys?

LostDoggy
23-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Great report. Sounds like Suckling is ready to go.

Bevo name checked Declan in his presser. Any indication he was training with the big boys?

Mentioned as being in Group 3 in the report.

1eyedog
24-08-2016, 08:09 AM
Great stuff 1eyedog, how you remebred all tat I don't know.

Williams height is surprising, I have a good feeling about his future.

I took short hand on my phone :)

1eyedog
24-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Other thing to note was Roughie was not sighted.

Bulldog4life
24-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Other thing to note was Roughie was not sighted.

Went for scans on Monday I saw on the news.

bornadog
25-08-2016, 06:23 PM
For WA fans and anyone travelling:

Open Training

Saturday 27 August at Domain Stadium (Perth, WA) from 11:00am. Entry via Gate 26 on Subiaco Road

Bulldog4life
26-08-2016, 09:44 PM
For WA fans and anyone travelling:

Open Training

Saturday 27 August at Domain Stadium (Perth, WA) from 11:00am. Entry via Gate 26 on Subiaco Road

Yes also spoke to my cousin who is the treasurer for WA Bulldogs supporter base and they have pre game function with guest speakers Murph Webby and Prudds. If anyone needs anymore info on let me know and I will find out for you.

1eyedog
30-08-2016, 11:31 AM
Training is open at 4pm today. I'll be in attendance again in order to provide a report. Hopefully something positive about Libba / MaCrae.

bornadog
30-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Look who is running

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrFpF33VIAA6tIi.jpg

and

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrFpE65UsAEbtBo.jpg

1eyedog
30-08-2016, 07:55 PM
Ok here is this week's training report.

Drills were pretty much the same as last time with the exception of the handball drill. This week the focus was short kicking on the run using both the left and the right.

Things to note during general training were;

Clay Smith is a terrible kick, constantly missing targets from 15 metres. Not sure how he went at 14 to be honest.
Dahl doesn't have a left foot.
Dunks kicks the ball really well consistently on both feet at training.

All of Bonts, Hamling, Picken, Dickson, Tom Boyd, Matty Boyd, JJ and Dale Morris did not make an appearance on the track.
Bont, Dicko, Tom Boyd and JJ all did weights indoors.

I spoke to MaCrae who is very optimistic about playing next Thursday night. I also spoke to Easton Wood who said he'll be playing 100% no doubt about it. I spoke with Bevo who set the record straight by stating that MaCrae is very iffy and they would err on the side of caution with him. He said soft tissues are a bit different to Libba's and Wood's and they are also cautious about bringing in too many underdone players.

He was very optimistic about Libba and said he expected Wood and Libba to be right. He is pleased with what Jake has done over the past two weeks and would be selecting him to play in the Elimination Final. They will pick the team this week. I expect MaCrae will run out of time which is interesting given he did the injury over 4 weeks ago and has been running for two weeks. We'll see.

I spoke to JMac in the foyer and asked him about Cloke and they said they have met with him, have put forward an offer and both him and us are keen for him to be at the kennel next year.

I also spoke briefly with a very slim Gordo but that got cut short as my daughter took off outside when the boys came out to train.

Bevo stated that we will see a different level of intent next week.

The only other thing to note is that kids are great for getting you up close and personal with the players / coach :) and you get to ask questions while they're signing all your kids stuff.

Great session for the kiddies with Barkley the Dog making an appearance and all the players [and Bevo] coming down to sign autographs.

That's all from me.

azabob
30-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Best report ever 1eye.

chef
30-08-2016, 08:18 PM
Yep. You've even managed to cheer me up a bit (still pissed about Sunday).

Thanks.

jeemak
30-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Not enough detail 1ED!

Awesome effort mate, thanks!

1eyedog
30-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Sorry just to finish I spoke to Gordo about some memorabilia we have from the 89 fightback. My Dad and I were on the corner of Barkley and Summerhill for a week tin rattling and when we finished we just packed up all the Doggies stuff around us [supplied by Bill from the Social Club back then] and loaded it in the car. We still have a heap of it. A massive 2 metre x 1 metre sign that says 'Save Footscray' with a big bulldog on it etc. I asked Gordo about donating back to the club because that's where it should be and he gave me the number of the museum curator. He was keen as that period is close to his heart.

That was the end of my discussion with Gordo...

Roughie wasn't on the track again either...

MrMahatma
30-08-2016, 09:23 PM
Of we have Libba, Wood and Stringer as ins, things look much more positive!

The Bulldogs Bite
30-08-2016, 10:49 PM
Cheers 1eye.

Interesting on Macrae, but understandable being soft tissue.

bornadog
30-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Fantastic report 1eye - GO Dogs

Eastdog
31-08-2016, 12:26 AM
Excellent report 1eyedog.

Carn the Dogs!

jeemak
31-08-2016, 12:34 AM
Cheers 1eye.

Interesting on Macrae, but understandable being soft tissue.

It had tendon involved, but not as severe as JJ's.

Templeton31
31-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Goddam you 1eyedog you've given me HOPE! HOPE is the enemy of the Bulldog supporter. ;)

But regardless great report. :D Go Dogs!

ledge
31-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Triple love that report .. Guess Roughead will be in too , he was at the VFL game looked ok

Eastdog
05-09-2016, 04:19 PM
Looking forward to some training reports tomorrow.

bornadog
05-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Looking forward to some training reports tomorrow.

Main training was today.

Story here (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-05/star-dogs-liberatore-macrae-and-wood-all-train-ahead-of-eagles-final)

1eyedog
05-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Main training was today.

Story here (http://Star Dogs Liberatore, Macrae and Wood all train ahead of Eagles final)

Bugger. BTW BAD the link is broken.

bornadog
05-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Bugger. BTW BAD the link is broken.

Fixed - thanks

Today was a closed session, they may still do something for the fans tomorrow, but nothing on website.

Eastdog
05-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Thanks for that BAD. Yeah usually we train Tuesday afternoon but we are playing Thursday night so makes more sense that we trained today.

bornadog
06-09-2016, 11:31 AM
No open training at all, this week. May include in WA as well.

Dancin' Douggy
06-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Ok here is this week's training report.

Drills were pretty much the same as last time with the exception of the handball drill. This week the focus was short kicking on the run using both the left and the right.

Things to note during general training were;

Clay Smith is a terrible kick, constantly missing targets from 15 metres. Not sure how he went at 14 to be honest.
Dahl doesn't have a left foot.
Dunks kicks the ball really well consistently on both feet at training.

All of Bonts, Hamling, Picken, Dickson, Tom Boyd, Matty Boyd, JJ and Dale Morris did not make an appearance on the track.
Bont, Dicko, Tom Boyd and JJ all did weights indoors.

I spoke to MaCrae who is very optimistic about playing next Thursday night. I also spoke to Easton Wood who said he'll be playing 100% no doubt about it. I spoke with Bevo who set the record straight by stating that MaCrae is very iffy and they would err on the side of caution with him. He said soft tissues are a bit different to Libba's and Wood's and they are also cautious about bringing in too many underdone players.

He was very optimistic about Libba and said he expected Wood and Libba to be right. He is pleased with what Jake has done over the past two weeks and would be selecting him to play in the Elimination Final. They will pick the team this week. I expect MaCrae will run out of time which is interesting given he did the injury over 4 weeks ago and has been running for two weeks. We'll see.

I spoke to JMac in the foyer and asked him about Cloke and they said they have met with him, have put forward an offer and both him and us are keen for him to be at the kennel next year.

I also spoke briefly with a very slim Gordo but that got cut short as my daughter took off outside when the boys came out to train.

Bevo stated that we will see a different level of intent next week.

The only other thing to note is that kids are great for getting you up close and personal with the players / coach :) and you get to ask questions while they're signing all your kids stuff.

Great session for the kiddies with Barkley the Dog making an appearance and all the players [and Bevo] coming down to sign autographs.

That's all from me.

I don't know why I bother listening to sen or reading the paper or watching ANY football shows when you can get brilliant concise, first hand reports like this on WOOF.

bornadog
12-09-2016, 01:25 PM
The next open training session will be at 10am, Thursday 15 September 2016 at Victoria University Whitten Oval. This will be the only open session ahead of Friday night's semi final against Hawthorn.

1eyedog
12-09-2016, 03:48 PM
The next open training session will be at 10am, Thursday 15 September 2016 at Victoria University Whitten Oval. This will be the only open session ahead of Friday night's semi final against Hawthorn.

Thanks BAD I'll be there are will provide a report on Libba, Macrae and Wood.

bornadog
12-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Thanks BAD I'll be there are will provide a report on Libba, Macrae and Wood.

I might try and get there myself.

Ozza
12-09-2016, 04:48 PM
I usually try to get there for a bit on a Thursday....

Thursday my 'work from home' day...usually involves some 'working from whitten oval'.

strebla
12-09-2016, 05:02 PM
I usually try to get there for a bit on a Thursday....

Thursday my 'work from home' day...usually involves some 'working from whitten oval'.

Love it what time does it start as I am on leave I might head in.

bornadog
12-09-2016, 05:24 PM
Love it what time does it start as I am on leave I might head in.

Read post 77

1eyedog
12-09-2016, 06:19 PM
I might try and get there myself.

Send me a text if you make it.

westdog54
12-09-2016, 06:31 PM
I've got Thursday off so I might be able to make it down with the 4yo.

HOSE B ROMERO
12-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Hmm, think i might have to work in West Footscray rather than Willy on Thursday....

bornadog
13-09-2016, 12:34 AM
Send me a text if you make it.

No problems

Ozza
15-09-2016, 11:02 AM
Plenty here at training, will report in after.

comrade
15-09-2016, 11:09 AM
Stew in Domestique top!

comrade
15-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Suckers, JJ & Wood away from main group, not doing much at all.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Suckers, JJ & Wood away from main group, not doing much at all.

Hopefully all are good to go.

Ozza
15-09-2016, 11:19 AM
Light duties macrae, Boyd x 2 also.

comrade
15-09-2016, 11:20 AM
Light duties macrae, Boyd x 2 also.

Morris also.

comrade
15-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Kicking is looking sharp as hell.

comrade
15-09-2016, 11:29 AM
Hamling being put through a fitness test on the far side of the ground.

comrade
15-09-2016, 11:31 AM
McLean, Webb & Roarke Smith training with senior group. The VFL boys have split off and are doing drills with Hansen and Russell.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Hamling being put through a fitness test on the far side of the ground.

How does he look?

comrade
15-09-2016, 11:39 AM
How does he look?

Seemed to get through it. Stop start sprints, some jumping drills etc

Ozza
15-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Not heaps top report from training.

Plenty of supporters there - maybe 500+
Crameri led the boys out which was a nice touch - and he acknowledged the crowd.
As Comrade and I said - quite a few on light duties, but not really concerning stuff. Hrovat is the only player I can'it recall seeing at all.
Lin Jong was actually training - quite extraordinarily. Didn't really do the ball work - but running around.

Some light drills - but when they did a half ground skills drill - I don't recall seeing the footy touch the ground. They were clean and sharp.

Any questions on specific players, I'll see how I go.

comrade
15-09-2016, 01:28 PM
Not heaps top report from training.

Plenty of supporters there - maybe 500+
Crameri led the boys out which was a nice touch - and he acknowledged the crowd.
As Comrade and I said - quite a few on light duties, but not really concerning stuff. Hrovat is the only player I can'it recall seeing at all.
Lin Jong was actually training - quite extraordinarily. Didn't really do the ball work - but running around.

Some light drills - but when they did a half ground skills drill - I don't recall seeing the footy touch the ground. They were clean and sharp.

Any questions on specific players, I'll see how I go.

Hrovat was out there early on, but I think he went inside.

Did you notice Hamling doing run throughs?

1eyedog
15-09-2016, 01:31 PM
I didn't see Wood on the track at all.

edit: Sorry saw Comrade's earlier post that he was aside.

Ozza
15-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Hrovat was out there early on, but I think he went inside.

Did you notice Hamling doing run throughs?

Ok - I never spotted the rat.

Yeah I saw that Hamling at first was kicking with Bob and with Prudden - and then the run throughs on the outer side briefly.
I'd be surprised if there were any dramas with him though - otherwise Fletch probably would have been with the senior group more.

Eastdog
15-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Cheers Ozza, Comrade, 1eyedog for the reports. Great stuff on 7news with a story of our training today at the Whitten Oval.

comrade
15-09-2016, 08:30 PM
Ok - I never spotted the rat.

Yeah I saw that Hamling at first was kicking with Bob and with Prudden - and then the run throughs on the outer side briefly.
I'd be surprised if there were any dramas with him though - otherwise Fletch probably would have been with the senior group more.

Fletch not named in emergencies means Hammer is pretty much right to go.

bornadog
16-09-2016, 12:45 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsXIW7LUkAAAXcj.jpg:large

Looking pretty good

Eastdog
16-09-2016, 01:05 AM
Great to see Stewart back training.

bornadog
19-09-2016, 04:53 PM
The next open training session will be at 4pm, Tuesday 20 September 2016 at Victoria University Whitten Oval. This will be the only open session ahead of Saturday night's preliminary final against the GWS Giants.

ledge
19-09-2016, 06:06 PM
The next open training session will be at 4pm, Tuesday 20 September 2016 at Victoria University Whitten Oval. This will be the only open session ahead of Saturday night's preliminary final against the GWS Giants.

Should be a few there going by last week, I'm going to pop down I finish work at 3 in Laverton , be there by 3.30 will sort out my tickets for gf ballot hopefully, I don't understand all this paperwork rubbish.

LostDoggy
20-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Currently at training and gee there's a big crowd here. Amazing.

comrade
20-09-2016, 05:44 PM
Club has posted a video from the opening training session. Picko in the domestique jersey.

bornadog
20-09-2016, 05:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsxncCAWAAALmpx.jpg:large

bornadog
20-09-2016, 06:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsxuINGWIAYnLmQ.jpg

bornadog
20-09-2016, 06:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsxuINGXEAAIVx_.jpg

bornadog
20-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Couldn't get away from work today, but come next week, *!*!*!*! work

bornadog
20-09-2016, 06:04 PM
Great to see Jongy out there:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsxuYpvXEAAs_VR.jpg

Twodogs
20-09-2016, 06:09 PM
Who said we can't draw a crowd?

bornadog
20-09-2016, 06:12 PM
Who said we can't draw a crowd?

87,800 plus at MCG said YES WE CAN.

Eastdog
20-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Couldn't get away from work today, but come next week, *!*!*!*! work

Everyone should try their best to get along next week for training if we make it.

Eastdog
20-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Look forward to the reports. Great photos BAD.

Hotdog60
20-09-2016, 06:41 PM
How did the guys look in the training session. Were they switched on disposal wise.

Remi Moses
20-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Wow! It resembled a GWS home crowd .
Big prang on the Geelong Rd bridge just before training started . Hope everyone's ok
Just going through their paces to be honest

Twodogs
20-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Wow! It resembled a GWS home crowd .
Big prang on the Geelong Rd bridge just before training started . Hope everyone's ok
Just going through their paces to be honest

I'm sure the crowds are thronging to Spotless Stadium to watch GWS train as well.

Remi Moses
20-09-2016, 07:24 PM
I'm sure the crowds are thronging to Spotless Stadium to watch GWS train as well.

I'm sure he is enjoying training

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
20-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Didn't see Suckers or JJ at all. Wood did very little he and Hammers were kicking the ball to each other. Picko had the spotted shirt this week.

azabob
20-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Look forward to the reports. Great photos BAD.

Its not his photo.

Eastdog
20-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Its not his photo.

Yes I'm aware that there from the club. BAD just posting them up on the forum.

MrMahatma
20-09-2016, 10:00 PM
Love Libba's hair cut.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Great to see Jong out playing kick to kick at training. Sure he's not going to play again this year, but a smiling face and all-in mentality on the track is a great thing.

ratsmac
20-09-2016, 10:57 PM
Club has posted a video from the opening training session. Picko in the domestique jersey.

What is the reason behind the domestique jersey? I didn't even know that's what it was called. It's the king of the mountain jersey right?

comrade
20-09-2016, 11:05 PM
What is the reason behind the domestique jersey? I didn't even know that's what it was called. It's the king of the mountain jersey right?

The players choose their hardest working, most selfless teammate from the weekend to wear the top at training.

Named after the Domestique in cycling, the rider who works for the benefit of his team and leader.

bornadog
20-09-2016, 11:06 PM

Yes King of the mountain jersey.

I believe it is decided by the players for who they think did all the gruntwork in the previous match.

bornadog
21-09-2016, 11:50 PM
Open Training at Spotless

Friday at 3.30pm - no player autographs.

Roscoe_G
25-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Will Roughy be fit to play? Crucial player in my view..

Twodogs
25-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Will Roughy be fit to play? Crucial player in my view..

They said he will be fit on the Sunday footy shows. His eye want bleeding as badly as they thought.

And you're right he is crucial to us. One of our most improved players this year particularly over the second half of the season. He's really going for the ball with intent at the moment. Even his goalkicking is improving.

Roscoe_G
25-09-2016, 03:14 PM
They said he will be fit on the Sunday footy shows. His eye want bleeding as badly as they thought.

And you're right he is crucial to us. One of our most improved players this year particularly over the second half of the season. He's really going for the ball with intent at the moment. Even his goalkicking is improving.

He is critical from my vantage point. And Boyd didn't look near his standard last night.

Roscoe_G
25-09-2016, 03:47 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/western-bulldogs-jordan-roughead-has-hyphema-of-right-eye-in-doubt-for-grand-final-20160925-grnyz7.html

chef
25-09-2016, 03:52 PM
That sucks for Roughie.

Big game coming up for Campbell and Willy today.

chef
25-09-2016, 03:53 PM
He is critical from my vantage point. And Boyd didn't look near his standard last night.

I thought Boyd battled well, held his own and didn't get 'beaten'.

EasternWest
25-09-2016, 04:05 PM
I thought Boyd battled well, held his own and didn't get 'beaten'.

Mumford definitely got on top in the third quarter but the way Tom responded after the break was heroic in football terms.

Twodogs
25-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Mumford definitely got on top in the third quarter but the way Tom responded after the break was heroic in football terms.

That's how I see it too. Mumford got on top in the third quarter but Tom fought back well in the last and was instrumental in getting us over the line. He got to a lot more contests than Mumford as the game wore on.

chef
25-09-2016, 05:01 PM

Yep. His last quarter was epic. Played a big part in our win.

hujsh
25-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Now imagine what he'll be able to do with a preseason under his belt

AndrewP6
25-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Now imagine what he'll be able to do with a preseason under his belt

Full Shoulder reconstruction will impact that.

Eastdog
26-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Open training Grand Final Week according to our website looks to be on Thursday 29th September at 10am at the Whitten Oval.

Cyberdoggie
27-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Open training Grand Final Week according to our website looks to be on Thursday 29th September at 10am at the Whitten Oval.

Looks like it could be pretty wet and windy unfortunately. Still probably won't fit everyone in there.

Ozza
27-09-2016, 02:54 PM
Might have to get myself a seat in the EJ Whitten Stand.

Ozza
27-09-2016, 03:11 PM
My wife just took the kids down to the club a little earlier - said it was very very busy.

Twodogs
27-09-2016, 05:28 PM
My wife just took the kids down to the club a little earlier - said it was very very busy.

Everyone is desperately hoping to renew their social club membership.

bornadog
27-09-2016, 05:32 PM
Media received one of these at training today:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtVfDWmUsAAeA86.jpg

bornadog
27-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Nat Edwards (AFL Media) reporting

* Matt Suckling on the track. Seems to running fine but it's just the warm up

* Libba on the bike

* Easton not out there

Eastdog
27-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Might have to get myself a seat in the EJ Whitten Stand.

Would be a wise thing to do given the weather but I'll bring my umbrella as well if the Whitten stand is full. Any other woofers catching the train from the city on Thursday to West Footscray.

LostDoggy
27-09-2016, 11:05 PM
Would be a wise thing to do given the weather but I'll bring my umbrella as well if the Whitten stand is full. Any other woofers catching the train from the city on Thursday to West Footscray.

Yep,Brolly and Duffle Coat just like the good old days.
Sure will be Easty.
Catching train at Sandown to Southern Cross and then onto Whitten Oval.
A Flood of Biblical proportions couldn't even keep me away for Thursday's training session. ;)

EasternWest
28-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Can someone confirm if training is 10 am tomorrow?

bornadog
28-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Can someone confirm if training is 10 am tomorrow?

from club

The AFL Grand Final Week open training session will be held at 10:00am, Thursday 29 September 2016 at VU Whitten Oval.

SEN broadcasting from VUWO from 9am

EasternWest
28-09-2016, 05:24 PM
from club

Champ. Thanks bad. I couldn't find it on the website.

aker39
28-09-2016, 05:30 PM
from club

Do you know what time they are opening the gates.

Mantis
28-09-2016, 05:50 PM

Greg 'Venom' Denham will be there.. So that's what I will do with my rotting eggs. ;)

Rocco Jones
28-09-2016, 05:50 PM
How long do sessions normally go for?

bornadog
28-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Do you know what time they are opening the gates.

I guess show up early and get a coffee and wait.

aker39
28-09-2016, 06:22 PM
I guess show up early and get a coffee and wait.

It's going to be pissing down tomorrow so I want to get there early enough to get a seat in the Whitten Stand with my kids

Mantis
28-09-2016, 06:25 PM
It's going to be pissing down tomorrow so I want to get there early enough to get a seat in the Whitten Stand with my kids

It's our bloody luck isn't it.. We finally make the GF and it's going to hose it down for our open training and for the parade.

EasternWest
28-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Greg 'Venom' Denham will be there.. So that's what I will do with my rotting eggs. ;)

So will Neil Mitchell. I'm tempted to unload some union thuggery on him.

Eastdog
28-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Yep,Brolly and Duffle Coat just like the good old days.
Sure will be Easty.
Catching train at Sandown to Southern Cross and then onto Whitten Oval.
A Flood of Biblical proportions couldn't even keep me away for Thursday's training session. ;)

I'll probably go from Parliament station via the train to Whitten Oval.

Eastdog
28-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Open Training

Come down to Victoria University Whitten Oval on Thursday morning to show your support for the players as they prepare for the 2016 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

There will be family fun and activities, Barkers Cafe will be open so you can grab a snack, and you'll have the chance to see the team train before the big game on Saturday.

Date: Thursday 29 September
Time: 10:00am
Venue: Victoria University Whitten Oval

We will have plenty of activities on while the boys train, including:

- Leave a message on our fan wall for your chance to win a 2016 Team Signed Sherrin Football.
- Meet our mascots, Woofer, Barkly, Butch and Scout
- Meet our real-life Bulldogs, Sid
- Giveaways
- Face painting
- Visit the Bulldogs Shop to purchase the latest merchandise
- Membership staff will be on hand for all ticketing enquiries

*Not all players are guaranteed to be in attendance and will only be available for a limited time. Due to the expected crowd numbers we ask fans to understand that player interaction will be limited
*The car park will be closed. We highly recommend using public transport if possible, as Victoria University Whitten Oval is only a short stroll from West Footscray train station

Rocco Jones
29-09-2016, 08:33 AM
How long does a training session normally go for?

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
29-09-2016, 09:01 AM
An hour

aker39
29-09-2016, 09:39 AM
How long does a training session normally go for?

This is no normal training session

1eyedog
29-09-2016, 09:48 AM
It's our bloody luck isn't it.. We finally make the GF and it's going to hose it down for our open training and for the parade.

Care factor = zero it will keep away the bandwagon nuffies tomorrow.

jazzadogs
29-09-2016, 10:24 AM
Have not missed Melbourne public transport. Lots waiting at Southern Cross, last three Sunbury trains cancelled. I'll start running soon, if I have to!

bornadog
29-09-2016, 10:59 AM
Jam packed here at training

bulldogsthru&thru
29-09-2016, 12:26 PM
Jam packed here at training

Looked a huge turnout from the photos i've seen

bulldogtragic
29-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Photos please!!

bulldogtragic
29-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Photos please!!

Photos and videos on Twitter are amazing.

The Bulldogs Bite
29-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Amazing turnout, great atmosphere, what a morning!

At work and I am buzzing. Red White and Blue was everywhere!

Rocket Science
29-09-2016, 01:39 PM
A few snaps of the vista from the Lally Bamblett pocket at this morn's Whitten Oval carnivale...

https://s15.postimg.org/6ubrhbprv/IMG_4044.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/cv9geecdz/)

https://s21.postimg.org/hoabtae87/IMG_4057.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/8gi3cl75v/)

https://s15.postimg.org/4sahsu6gb/IMG_4058.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/67c2hk7jb/)

https://s13.postimg.org/byi6wvjtz/IMG_4062.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/9h6fplzxf/)

https://s18.postimg.org/7kk366a6h/IMG_4069.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/su7ph0qh1/)

https://s10.postimg.org/i990k89ll/IMG_4071.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/x57jrtl05/)

Rocket Science
29-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Gordo!

https://s17.postimg.org/4l59lth27/IMG_4060.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/72h0t30yj/)

choconmientay
29-09-2016, 03:04 PM
This was at the beginning. There were much more after I took these pictures.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtfjlIfUAAA4za1.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtfkbpoUAAApkdk.jpg

Ozza
29-09-2016, 03:26 PM
Was an amazing feeling to be at training.

My wife and son went to the Whitten Oval very early to get amongst the Today show, and there was giveaways etc - they got on tv a few times, including winning tickets to the Footy Show for tonight (which we've given away) doing a handball comp.

I arrived after dropping off my daughter at daycare. Would have been the best part of 10,000 people there. A huge buzz. Peter Gordon addressed the crowd passionately.

Very light session. Hard to imagine Suckling will play. Did really run at all.

choconmientay
29-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Dare to Dream. Nothing is Impossible.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ctfp2swUsAA2VJl.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ctfr5RTUEAAr1PI.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ctfr5RUVYAAh-xm.jpg

LostDoggy
29-09-2016, 03:59 PM
Huge turnout this morning.Went with my youngest daughter and she loved it.
Maybe 10 to 15k were there.
Roughy moving well and didn't seem at all hampeted by his eye.

LostDoggy
29-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Big Minnow was the very last player to walk off the ground and it looked like he was saying good-bye and thank-you to all the supporters IMHO.

Ozza
29-09-2016, 04:23 PM
His and Koby's last open training session.

angelopetraglia
29-09-2016, 05:19 PM
What an amazing atmosphere at Whitten Oval this morning. Loved every single minute.

EasternWest
29-09-2016, 06:51 PM
You must have been in front of Mr Whipping RS. About 20 feet from Scraggers and I.

Eastdog
29-09-2016, 08:30 PM
What a great morning that was at the Whitten Oval today. It was absolutely packed. The EJ Whitten Stand was packed and passionate chanting Bulldogs! Bulldogs! Saw the team run out and got some great photos that ill cherish for a while. I saw David Smorgon, Ted Whitten Jnr and Robert Walls there. Didn't get any food as it was the busiest that the Whitten Oval has ever been.

The train ride into Footscray from Flinders street was great with even the train driver going Go Doggies when I got to West Footscray station. When the Sunbury train from Flinders was ready there was a good number of cheers.

Very good weather wise as well and the rain held off for training as walking into Parliament station it was drizzling.

I plan to get back there on Sunday win or lose on Saturday for the post GF wrap up.

Rocket Science
29-09-2016, 08:53 PM
You must have been in front of Mr Whipping RS. About 20 feet from Scraggers and I.

Exact coordinates EasternWestern!

Figured the grandstand side would be full but what a stirring sight to see the whole ground chockas.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Fantastic photo's RS. Thanks so much. I'd love to have been able to go, especially with my little fella. Whilst it wasn't logistically feasible for my wife and I plus our two kids of 3 &1/2 and 1 yrs old to go to the game, I would've loved to be in Melbourne to have attended this morning's open training. It must have been a fantastic atmosphere today.

Twodogs
30-09-2016, 06:19 AM
The last time the ground was packed like that for anything other than a game would have been 1989 for the fightback rally.