PDA

View Full Version : Robbo Reporting 11 Collingwood Players tested Positive to Drugs in Offseason

bornadog
24-03-2016, 09:36 PM
I don't have online access to report, but Eddie responded here (http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/eddie-mcguire-responds-to-allegations-of-illicit-drug-use-by-collingwood-players/news-story/1cbda057e7ac9741044de2f1d6c334d6)

If anyone has access please post full article

Eastdog
24-03-2016, 09:55 PM
This doesn't surprise me anymore.

LostDoggy
24-03-2016, 10:14 PM
If I had to wear that Guernsey I'd be getting wasted too

Ghost Dog
24-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Robbo, like a slobbering dobber in a schoolyard, tripping over himself to look the man to his Essendon mates.

ledge
24-03-2016, 10:34 PM
Interesting he actually mentions Collingwood but won't mention the other teams, a direct hit at them.

Eastdog
24-03-2016, 10:37 PM
Interesting he actually mentions Collingwood but won't mention the other teams, a direct hit at them.

Very true ledge. No mention of the other clubs involved.

Ghost Dog
24-03-2016, 10:40 PM
I hope it ends up a falsity and the Hun is sued to the bjesus.

jeemak
24-03-2016, 11:09 PM
Whatever sells papers Ledge. Collingwood good, Collingwood bad, Collingwood indiferent it doesn't matter. The HUN will single them out in either case because they know it sells.

Just a timely reminder to woofers out there, don't think we're not next to receive this type of news. As soon as you start sniggering you'll be found out.

1eyedog
24-03-2016, 11:16 PM
Stevo mentioned interstate club at half time.

F'scary
24-03-2016, 11:21 PM
Stevo mentioned interstate club at half time.

Sounds like Rocket is losing the battle.

jeemak
24-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Just another thing on this topic, Stevo wants AFL players to be holding themselves to a higher standard than those of their age within society when it comes to this issue, as if society should reflect the standards held by the AFL in a perfect world.

The guy's a numbnut if that's his view.

The AFL is the most sheltered and out of touch professional sporting environment in this country, and it would do well to ensure its employees and management hold the values of society as a starting point. It is so far behind, hence the reason why people who loved the game are becoming less and less in touch with it.

bornadog
25-03-2016, 12:08 AM
Report from The Age:

Hair testing: Collingwood in top three clubs for positive tests during the off-season (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hair-testing-collingwood-in-top-three-clubs-for-positive-tests-during-the-offseason-20160324-gnqpz7.html)

Twodogs
25-03-2016, 12:18 AM
Just another thing on this topic, Stevo wants AFL players to be holding themselves to a higher standard than those of their age within society when it comes to this issue, as if society should reflect the standards held by the AFL in a perfect world.

The AFL is the most sheltered and out of touch professional sporting environment in this country, and it would do well to ensure its employees and management hold the values of society as a starting point. It is so far behind, hence the reason why people who loved the game are becoming less and less in touch with it.

To play the devils advocate. Because players are so well looked after financially isn't it incumbent on them to not only present themselves in pristine condition to their clubs for preseason and also to not risk the reputation of the sport, in short they don't want to kill the golden goose.

Ghost Dog
25-03-2016, 12:20 AM

I agree with this. A court of law where you get three strikes before you lose your job.
When I lived in Geelong you hear stories of all sorts of stuff their players got up to. Secret rooms above bars where anything goes.
I can't say if it is true but I can't see AFL being different to any other 'game' where money is big.

The AFL's reaction to the Essendon saga a case in point. Pathetic response.

1eyedog
25-03-2016, 12:52 AM

I thought that was an hilarious comment tbh and oh the irony making those sorts of comments with the Duck in the room. Too funny.

Stevo is indirectly implying that being an AFL player somehow exonerates one from the temptations that come with being a human being. I like Stevo because he has been a great supporter of us over the years but he's coming out with some pretty weird shite lately.

Ghost Dog
25-03-2016, 02:28 AM
All AFL players should be required to have a normal job for part of the year. Even just for a week. It's the modern equivalent of the bloke on the back of the chariot, whispering to the emperor " You are mortal".

jeemak
25-03-2016, 03:45 AM
To play the devils advocate. Because players are so well looked after financially isn't it incumbent on them to not only present themselves in pristine condition to their clubs for preseason and also to not risk the reputation of the sport, in short they don't want to kill the golden goose.

To a point. But there's more people in society who earn more than the average AFL player earns than there is players in the AFL - perhaps by a multiple of ten.

The average for the league is about $260k, it will make you sick to think that this is just a blimp on the earnings charts when you really dig into it.

Yes, they earn more than you and I and while it is a high income it's not close to the pointy end of earnings, nor should it be something we use against them to challenge their social liberties over.

chef
25-03-2016, 09:29 AM
Young adults taking recreation drugs. No surprise here.

bornadog
25-03-2016, 09:33 AM
Young adults taking illicit drugs. No surprise here.

Edited for accuracy

chef
25-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Edited for accuracy

What I said was accurate.

Young guys caught taking recreation drugs. Not a huge deal IMO.

bornadog
25-03-2016, 10:06 AM

I guess in the off season, the players can do what they want.

The Underdog
25-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Young adults taking illicit but fun drugs cut with some weird shit and with a problematic production and distribution history. No surprise here.

Also edited for further accuracy. I'm not sure of my point but this story is completely unsurprising. And considering my brief survey of 35+ yo's at Golden Plains it's not confined to young adults.

GVGjr
25-03-2016, 10:19 AM

It's actually a big deal especially given the numbers that are being quoted.

The excuse given of it being "not a big deal" and attributable to "Young people" is a poor indictment of peoples acceptance that it's inevitable.
Remember the players would be the most educated youngsters in the country of the pitfalls of drug use. To think 1 in 4 at a club have potentially just ignored the advice given or worse still think they know better is unacceptable really.

The AFL is just too accepting of drug use in the playing community and need to get back to basics. Lengthy bans might be the only solution now as educating the players isn't working.

Twodogs
25-03-2016, 12:17 PM

For me a term like recreational drugs is problematic. I don't hide the fact that I am a recovering addict (8 years last month woo hoo!) and have massive problems with all sorts of substances. I have effectively cut my life short by years.

Anyway using recreational instead of Illegal or Illicit as a descriptor for drugs make them seem more alluring in a tiny way for mine. I'd rather we called them for what they are.

Ghost Dog
25-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Speaking of Collingwood (http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/03/24/afl-club-masccots-toughness_n_9519390.html?ncid=edlinkauhpmg00000001)

Maybe traces of drugs can account for Woofa's strange behaviour in this clip with the Collingwood mascot (http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/03/24/afl-club-masccots-toughness_n_9519390.html?ncid=edlinkauhpmg00000001) some time ago.

Scroll down....

bornadog
25-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Speaking of Collingwood (http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/03/24/afl-club-masccots-toughness_n_9519390.html?ncid=edlinkauhpmg00000001)

Maybe traces of drugs can account for Woofa's strange behaviour in this clip with the Collingwood mascot (http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/03/24/afl-club-masccots-toughness_n_9519390.html?ncid=edlinkauhpmg00000001) some time ago.

Scroll down....

where?

bornadog
25-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Just to be clear, these tests do not incur a strike under the system – rather, they allow the AFL's drug testers to zero-in on players and target test them.

Under the changes urine, hair and target-testing take place for AFL players year-round.

The system incorporates a three-strikes rule. The penalty for a first strike is a $5000 suspended fine. A second strike attracts a four-game ban and public naming and shaming, while the third strike incurs a 12-match suspension.

chef
25-03-2016, 12:52 PM
For me a term like recreational drugs is problematic. I don't hide the fact that I am a recovering addict (8 years last month woo hoo!) and have massive problems with all sorts of substances. I have effectively cut my life short by years.

Anyway using recreational instead of Illegal or Illicit as a descriptor for drugs make them seem more alluring in a tiny way for mine. I'd rather we called them for what they are.

Fair enough mate, I had a fairly decent affair with rec drugs growing myself. Lost a few friends to it a long the way, but not as many to legal drugs like Smokes and booze which to me a are a far greater problem on society.

Maybe I'm a bit desensitised to it with the industry I work in and with the stories you hear about every club(form top AFL to some country clubs). It sadly is the norm for a lot of young adults nowadays.

Ghost Dog
25-03-2016, 12:56 PM
where?

Hi BAD just below. The link color is really hard to see isn't it? ( I often have this problem )
http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/03/24/afl-club-masccots-toughness_n_9519390.html?ncid=edlinkauhpmg00000001

hujsh
25-03-2016, 01:11 PM
It's actually a big deal especially given the numbers that are being quoted.

The excuse given of it being "not a big deal" and attributable to "Young people" is a poor indictment of peoples acceptance that it's inevitable.
Remember the players would be the most educated youngsters in the country of the pitfalls of drug use. To think 1 in 4 at a club have potentially just ignored the advice given or worse still think they know better is unacceptable really.

The AFL is just too accepting of drug use in the playing community and need to get back to basics. Lengthy bans might be the only solution now as educating the players isn't working.

It is inevitable. Prohibition doesn't work. People will take drugs despite education or wealth. In fact the wealth and fame of the players just makes the drugs more accessible for them. The problem will go away in the AFL when it goes away in society.

It's an arbitrary descriptor though as there's no real logic behind what's legal versus illegal.

Ghost Dog
25-03-2016, 01:45 PM
It's very sloppy reporting. "It has been reported that up to 11 players have tested positive." and then " 11 players have not tested positive ".
On a side note, it's been a tough few months for TheAge. One of their reporters had a stroke, Jesse Hogan, and I have not heard anything of his condition. Hope he is ok. Jake Niall also quit recently I think?

Twodogs
25-03-2016, 01:59 PM
It's very sloppy reporting. "It has been reported that up to 11 players have tested positive." and then " 11 players have not tested positive ".
On a side note, it's been a tough few months for TheAge. One of their reporters had a stroke, Jesse Hogan, and I have not heard anything of his condition. Hope he is ok. Jake Niall also quit recently I think?

Jesse Hogan had a stroke? He's just a kid. He wouldn't be older than mid 30s surely?

Gee I hope he's OK.

GVGjr
25-03-2016, 02:07 PM
It is inevitable. Prohibition doesn't work. People will take drugs despite education or wealth. In fact the wealth and fame of the players just makes the drugs more accessible for them. The problem will go away in the AFL when it goes away in society.

I don't agree. The problem is being managed poorly by the AFL and once it gets serious and suspends players for long periods it might grab the attention of a lot of them and start them having a rethink.

This shouldn't be accepted by the AFL or any club. 12 month suspensions for 2nd offenses should be considered.

Twodogs
25-03-2016, 02:08 PM
Fair enough mate, I had a fairly decent affair with rec drugs growing myself. Lost a few friends to it a long the way, but not as many to legal drugs like Smokes and booze which to me a are a far greater problem on society.

Maybe I'm a bit desensitised to it with the industry I work in and with the stories you hear about every club(form top AFL to some country clubs). It sadly is the norm for a lot of young adults nowadays.

I've got a 17 yo and a 14 yo and I am anything but a helicopter parent but I watch for signs of use like a hawk. I've had no cause for concern so far.

It's an arbitrary descriptor though as there's no real logic behind what's legal versus illegal.

It's a topic with not a lot of logic in it.

Ghost Dog
25-03-2016, 02:26 PM
Jesse Hogan had a stroke? He's just a kid. He wouldn't be older than mid 30s surely?

Gee I hope he's OK.

Yes, he was in a critical condition last I heard.

bornadog
25-03-2016, 02:35 PM

Thanks for the update on Hogan, didn't know he had a stroke.

Jake left The Age and is now with Fox Footy.

jeemak
25-03-2016, 04:53 PM
I don't agree. The problem is being managed poorly by the AFL and once it gets serious and suspends players for long periods it might grab the attention of a lot of them and start them having a rethink.

This shouldn't be accepted by the AFL or any club. 12 month suspensions for 2nd offenses should be considered.

G, you may have already stated your reasons for wanting to go so hard on this, so forgive me for requesting you repeat yourself if that's the case.

Is it because they're illegal that you believe the AFL should be doing more? Is it that black and white for you?

My personal view is they should be doing less and society should be approaching the issue from the opposite direction. The most concerning thing is that governing bodies from WADA to the local level only include illegal substances within their codes for the maintenance of sport's image.

My employer can randomly drug test me. Even if I'm not drug impaired I can be severely disciplined if they find traces of drugs within my system. It's overreach, and has nothing to do with my well-being.

Here's a brief but interesting take on things from Peter FitzSimmons:

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/the-fitz-files/if-afl-players-are-drugtested-then-ceo-gillon-mclachlan-should-be-as-well-20160325-gnr0s8.html

I tend to agree with him. If the AFL was serious about itself as an organisation and was so concerned over the welfare of players and their exposure to illegal drugs, then they should extend the same care to all of their employees and those of their clubs. If it's such an important health issue then this is the least they could do.

Hotdog60
25-03-2016, 05:30 PM
I'll just throw a hypothetical one out there and this is not my view on the subject but..

If the AFL had a rule that one strike and you test positive of a banned substance your career is over and see you later would that have the deterrent to not use. The key here is they have to test positive.

chef
25-03-2016, 05:39 PM
I've got a 17 yo and a 14 yo and I am anything but a helicopter parent but I watch for signs of use like a hawk. I've had no cause for concern so far.

Yeah, im the same. I have an 18, 17 and 12 year old and ive been pretty lucky so far. I was a terrible child/teen/young adult, but one benefit of that is i know most tricks and signs.

jeemak
25-03-2016, 05:46 PM
I'll just throw a hypothetical one out there and this is not my view on the subject but..

If the AFL had a rule that one strike and you test positive of a banned substance your career is over and see you later would that have the deterrent to not use. The key here is they have to test positive.

For some it would, for others it wouldn't.

People/players use illegal drugs for various reasons. Some do it for fun, others do it because of more personal reasons that can relate to mental or emotional health. Ruining careers because somebody's turned to illegal drugs, particularly in the latter case, is well over the top.

EasternWest
25-03-2016, 08:31 PM

Legend.

Twodogs
25-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Yeah, im the same. I have an 18, 17 and 12 year old and ive been pretty lucky so far. I was a terrible child/teen/young adult, but one benefit of that is i know most tricks and signs.

I must have been a rotten kid to parent :( My rebellious streak, my contrary, argumentative nature, my refusal to concede a point. And then I became a teenager! I was complaining to mum about something one of the kids had done the other day and she pointed out to me that when I was my daughters age I rang her from Sydney without having told her I was going there and when I was my sons age I went to the milk bar one evening and she didn't hear from me for two and a half weeks afterwards.

For some but not for compulsive users.

It depends on what you want your testing system to achieve. If it's to root out all the users then the one strike model is the one you'd use but you would lose a lot of players. If you want to help people to stop or educate them about the dangers then you would go with a different model.

It's a really complicated problem for some people. Even with the most draconian conditions some will find a way. When you use you are gambling with your life anyway.

Legend.

Thanks mate. Life is good.

Nuggety Back Pocket
25-03-2016, 08:54 PM

The AFL handling of the drugs issue has been pathetic eg its role in the Essendon saga being a classic example. It was wrong of MRobinson to single out Collingwood when the abuse is so wide spread. The AFL appears incapable of proper governance to ensure the game is free of the drugs scourge.Too much money invariably leads to bad habits.

bornadog
29-03-2016, 12:20 AM
Anyone watch AFL 360 tonight. It was on for young and old when Buckley came on. Scott wasn't happy with Robbo either.

Bulldog4life
29-03-2016, 12:56 AM
Anyone watch AFL 360 tonight. It was on for young and old when Buckley came on. Scott wasn't happy with Robbo either.

Yes BAD it made for good tv. :)

Go_Dogs
29-03-2016, 09:56 AM

I liked the inference that Robbo is a terrible journo who doesn't fact-check, and Robbo's response they are a "daily news service" who seemed to imply of course he does not sit on stories and ensure they are accurate before running with them.

Both coaches made some good points and highlighted their disappointment at both the story and confidentiality breach which appears to have come from a senior club official at a Collingwood rival.

LostDoggy
29-03-2016, 10:30 AM
I'm hearing whisperings that perhaps we shouldn't be overly smug towards our Magpie mates. Hope it's not true.

I'm really uncomfortable with the comparisons to the Essendon saga. In Essendon's case, it was the club implementing a program. This is completely different, this is a club/s struggling with an issue affecting society at large. Totally different in my view.

bulldogsthru&thru
29-03-2016, 10:39 AM
I'm hearing whisperings that perhaps we shouldn't be overly smug towards our Magpie mates. Hope it's not true.

I'm really uncomfortable with the comparisons to the Essendon saga. In Essendon's case, it was the club implementing a program. This is completely different, this is a club/s struggling with an issue affecting society at large. Totally different in my view.

Im hoping you aren't referring that we were one of the clubs with more positive tests.....

soupman
29-03-2016, 10:41 AM

Considering our list profile and the age groups commonly linked with experimenting with drugs i wouldn't be surprised if we were one of the higher ones.

I too find it amusing (and really quite dissapointing) that many in the media seem to be baffled as to how performance enhancing drugs are banned by the AFL but illegal recreational drugs are just a health issue, as if it should be the other way around. Can they not see the huge difference in uses in a competitive sports environment?

chef
29-03-2016, 11:14 AM
I'm hearing whisperings that perhaps we shouldn't be overly smug towards our Magpie mates. Hope it's not true..

You would think this would be a problem at probably every club in the country from top league to the bottom.

bornadog
29-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Buckley made an interesting point. During the off season, when players are on holiday, the club has no control over what they do, yet when a story like this comes out, the fingers are pointed at the club.

KT31
29-03-2016, 04:52 PM
Thought Buckley handled the issue and himself well last night.
One would be naive to think Tom is the only kid on our list who has dabbled with drugs, as my Pups hang with a semi -related crowd they have mentioned a couple of others.

Ghost Dog
29-03-2016, 05:53 PM
You would think this would be a problem at probably every club in the country from top league to the bottom.

Imagine myself, having to watch every celery stick, and lugging a GPS around on the back of my neck every other day, I'd probably need a joint or a drink to get by too.

Sedat
30-03-2016, 01:31 AM
The integrity of the actual game is not affected one iota by the use of recreational drugs in the off-season. Of far more paramount importance is to ensure the use of performance enhancing drugs is eliminated from our game, or perpetrators that are caught are punished and kicked out of the game for a number of years.

Robbo has written this story to turn the drug issue away from his shitstain of a club and onto Collingwood. And once again he has tried to blur the lines between PED use and recreational drug use - stupid people will eat it up unfortunately.

Ghost Dog
30-03-2016, 10:36 AM
The integrity of the actual game is not affected one iota by the use of recreational drugs in the off-season. Of far more paramount importance is to ensure the use of performance enhancing drugs is eliminated from our game, or perpetrators that are caught are punished and kicked out of the game for a number of years.

Robbo has written this story to turn the drug issue away from his shitstain of a club and onto Collingwood. And once again he has tried to blur the lines between PED use and recreational drug use - stupid people will eat it up unfortunately.

That would really depend on what kind of drugs we are talking about. If a group of people who play together are part of a culture whereby they are doing lines of coke in the off-season, it can't be removed from club in the public eye - although I agree this is not logical. I sympathise with Nathan Buckley's point of view.

Twodogs
30-03-2016, 11:10 AM

In the end does it matter what stupid people think?

In as much as most of them barrack for Collingwood I guess it does.;)

Rocket Science
30-03-2016, 12:07 PM

How very true. Tip in the fact that his newfound target guarantees heightened interest and the rest writes itself.

Sadly, through its wanton fecklessness on PED's the AFL's helped foment a climate that allows Robbo's ham-fisted scribblings on the matter to flourish.

bornadog
30-03-2016, 12:14 PM
At the end of the day, a new drug policy was agreed to by the AFL and the players. The players agreed as long as there is confidentiality, in particular to a first strike. Someone has leaked information to Robbo, but with half truths, and he has gone with it, without following it up and checking. All he wanted was to discredit Collingwood and deflect from Essendon as Sedat pointed out.

Bulldog4life
30-03-2016, 12:28 PM

Agree somewhat Sedat but the two Collingwood players who were suspended for taking performance enhancing drugs took recreational drugs which were laced with the other. Just by knowing this why would any player with even a little bit of common sense run the risk of ruining their career by putting something in their mouth that they are not 100% sure what is it I can't personally comprehend. They are idiots.

Twodogs
30-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Agree somewhat Sedat but the two Collingwood players who were suspended for taking performance enhancing drugs took recreational drugs which were laced with the other. Just by knowing this why would any player with even a little bit of common sense run the risk of ruining their career by putting something in their mouth that they are not 100% sure what is it I can't personally comprehend. They are idiots.

That's what they said happened. But only after the "steak with too much clenbuterol" story wasn't believed.

Bulldog4life
30-03-2016, 12:40 PM
That's what they said happened. But only after the "steak with too much clenbuterol" story wasn't believed.

Look the recreational drug topic TD is way way out of my comfort zone. However a lot of what is taken can be laced with "who knows what". That is the scarey part.

Twodogs
30-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Look the recreational drug topic TD is way way out of my comfort zone. However a lot of what is taken can be laced with "who knows what". That is the scarey part.

That is the scary one. I lost a friend who inadvertently injected battery acid into themselves once. Some bastard had accidently (maybe) laced the gear with it.

Bulldog4life
30-03-2016, 01:21 PM
That is the scary one. I lost a friend who inadvertently injected battery acid into themselves once. Some bastard had accidently (maybe) laced the gear with it.

Jesus that is horrendous.

Maddog37
30-03-2016, 02:21 PM
My thoughts are that this has simply turned Robbo from a buffoon that makes stupid comments and desperately wants to be mates with the players into an enemy of the playing group and largely despised by the general public due to his wilfully overt attempt to generate clicks at the expense of others.

Basically his good guy booze hound act is up. The beginning of the end I hope.

Greystache
30-03-2016, 03:33 PM
My thoughts are that this has simply turned Robbo from a buffoon that makes stupid comments and desperately wants to be mates with the players into an enemy of the playing group and largely despised by the general public due to his wilfully overt attempt to generate clicks at the expense of others.

Basically his good guy booze hound act is up. The beginning of the end I hope.

I'm looking forward to seeing the end of Slobbo too, even though the HS will just replace him with some just as incompetent but cheaper. It's the way the media industry is moving.

However I suspect in this case someone from a senior leadership position has given him the info in an attempt to put public pressure on their players who refuse to heed the club's message about drugs. Collingwood have 2 players sitting out doping suspensions due to recreational drugs, they were also linked heavily with players using the self-reporting loophole to avoid strikes, and their President has been very vocal about what a problem drugs are amongst players. The fact Slobbo only knew vaguely about Collingwood and no other club tells me this wasn't an accidental leak of info to the media.

Maddog37
30-03-2016, 04:18 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the end of Slobbo too, even though the HS will just replace him with some just as incompetent but cheaper. It's the way the media industry is moving.

However I suspect in this case someone from a senior leadership position has given him the info in an attempt to put public pressure on their players who refuse to heed the club's message about drugs. Collingwood have 2 players sitting out doping suspensions due to recreational drugs, they were also linked heavily with players using the self-reporting loophole to avoid strikes, and their President has been very vocal about what a problem drugs are amongst players. The fact Slobbo only knew vaguely about Collingwood and no other club tells me this wasn't an accidental leak of info to the media.

That may be right and if so Robbo has been used mercilessly which would make his potential demise even sweeter. His rhetoric on the Essendon scandal alone has been horrific when viewed from the players and players parents angle.

azabob
30-03-2016, 04:19 PM
Did anyone else hear the Herald Sun approached Caroline Wilson to be chief footy writer after Mike Sheanan retired. I heard it 3rd hand not from a media source etc. I know Caro was on Open Mike this week, but I didn't see it.

The Pie Man
30-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Did anyone else hear the Herald Sun approached Caroline Wilson to be chief footy writer after Mike Sheanan retired. I heard it 3rd hand not from a media source etc. I know Caro was on Open Mike this week, but I didn't see it.

That did come up - she said she loved The Age too much to move.

bornadog
30-03-2016, 04:44 PM

Well worth watching, I enjoyed the interview. Caro has been in a tough position, a women in a egocentric mans world, that is changing.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkIRsRp2TwI

Sedat
31-03-2016, 12:13 AM
Apparently there's a list going around of all the results from all clubs. If the list is true, we are one of the competition lightweights.

Twodogs
31-03-2016, 12:25 AM
Apparently there's a list going around of all the results from all clubs. If the list is true, we are one of the competition lightweights.

I've seen it and it doesn't pass the John Howard sniff test. I'd like it to be right but I don't think it is.

jeemak
31-03-2016, 01:59 AM
From memory we're the only club to have a smasher caught red handed in recent times......but I'm sure we're fine........

jeemak
31-03-2016, 02:31 AM
Well worth watching, I enjoyed the interview. Caro has been in a tough position, a women in a egocentric mans world, that is changing.

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkIRsRp2TwI

That was crap, and Open Mike is pretty much cooked.

There's no acknowledgement that the AFL is actually chump material and there's much more to life. Wilson talks about many fundamentals of journalism, but forgets none of what she covers actually matters.

Sorry BAD, thanks for posting.

KT31
05-04-2016, 11:22 AM

Something on FaceBook last week, but took it with a grain of salt as could have been made up by anyone.

For what little its worth we had 5 players and were pretty low on the list.
Hawthorn, Geelong and then Collingwood were well on top from memory.

Ghost Dog
05-04-2016, 11:25 AM
That was crap, and Open Mike is pretty much cooked.

There's no acknowledgement that the AFL is actually chump material and there's much more to life. Wilson talks about many fundamentals of journalism, but forgets none of what she covers actually matters.

Sorry BAD, thanks for posting.

Wilson puts herself in a difficult position quite frankly. Heck she came out trumpeting that James Hird had been sacked, then had to backtrack when she was wrong. She has clear enemies ( James Brayshaw ) and friends which bias her reporting. Emma Qualye doesn't seem to have the same issues with being a woman in a men's sport.

azabob
05-04-2016, 08:52 PM
Ghost Dog, you really dispise Wilson dont you? You never miss an opportunity to pot her. You cant compare Quayle and Wilson as they write totally different articles.

Wilson must be respected and good at her job otherwise she wouldnt have survived in the industry for so long and the herald sun would not have offered her their top job.

LostDoggy
06-04-2016, 12:26 AM
Ghost Dog, you really dispise Wilson dont you? You never miss an opportunity to pot her. You cant compare Quayle and Wilson as they write totally different articles.

Wilson must be respected and good at her job otherwise she wouldnt have survived in the industry for so long and the herald sun would not have offered her their top job.

Wilson puts herself in a difficult position quite frankly. Heck she came out trumpeting that James Hird had been sacked, then had to backtrack when she was wrong. She has clear enemies ( James Brayshaw ) and friends which bias her reporting. Emma Qualye doesn't seem to have the same issues with being a woman in a men's sport.

I agree with Ghost Dog. She trades on being the heroine, a woman standing up to the blokes, it's a nice cover for the fact she often just makes it up, is incredibly biased, and picks a fight quicker than the local pub drunk. But call her on any of that and you're a sexist misogynist.

Ghost Dog
06-04-2016, 01:12 AM

Azabob, well spotted. I'm a Hall of famer here, but probably my post count is the equivalent of half-back possessions in junk time, with about half being attributed to attacks on Caroline. I've been found out!

Personally, I think she has some dirt on someone high up in AFL and that is how she has eeked out a living.
How long has Robbo been in the industry? I believe a while, and also he works for the Hun, so that qualifies him as a good journo as well I guess hmmmm.

Anyway this is off topic. She's miles better than Slobbo I'll give her that!
This drug issue is going to be a whack-a-mole every season.