Remi Moses
06-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Wow, Essendon V Port Friday night !
Can't wait :rolleyes:

Eastdog
06-04-2016, 06:17 PM

Our match would have been more suited to Friday night.

bornadog
08-04-2016, 11:24 PM

Didn't watch it but Essendon getting smashed. Another success from AFL HQ. Really what were they thinking.

Greystache
08-04-2016, 11:40 PM
Quality match again. A terrible team vs Essendon.

Can't wait to see one of the Richmond/Collingwood/Carlton combo next week :rolleyes:

bulldogtragic
08-04-2016, 11:44 PM
All I felt like tonight was a nothing decent game to just zone out on. Apparently asking for a decent match from the AFL for a Friday Night game is too much. So didn't watch the garbage that seems to have been played tonight.

Remi Moses
08-04-2016, 11:49 PM
Peptides band aside , Essendon are coming off finishing near the bottom.
Complete joke . Watched bits and pieces, and probably just posed more questions on Port

Remi Moses
08-04-2016, 11:51 PM
They'll probably have a March on the G because they had to wear a change strip

LostDoggy
09-04-2016, 12:06 AM
All I felt like tonight was a nothing decent game to just zone out on. Apparently asking for a decent match from the AFL for a Friday Night game is too much. So didn't watch the garbage that seems to have been played tonight.

Can't wait for next Friday night to see Richmond again.
FFS any chance that 2 teams that arn't a "Big Four Club" can get a Frigging look in somewhere in the first 1/2 dozen games of the season?!!

Remi Moses
09-04-2016, 12:15 AM
Can't wait for next Friday night to see Richmond again.
FFS any chance that 2 teams that arn't a "Big Four Club" can get a Frigging look in somewhere in the first 1/2 dozen games of the season?!!

Do the AFL actually friggin realise that the rest of us don't follow these teams, and just want to see a decent game with decent teams .

The Adelaide Connection
09-04-2016, 02:02 AM
I legitimately believe that our current Footscray team would beat Essendon. When Footscray play their VFL team I think it is going to be a bloodbath.

Dry Rot
09-04-2016, 02:56 AM
Adam Cooney - youngest man eligible for the old age pension on exposed from. Could get the disability pension too.

I also wonder whether Goddard thinks of sliding doors every night when he goes to sleep.

Hotdog60
09-04-2016, 07:30 AM
Sat through the first half because I was bored. I switch over at halftime and I found the discovering the history of Britain on the History channel yielded more excitement.
Didn't see the last half of the footy.

Maddog37
09-04-2016, 08:56 AM
I also wonder whether Goddard thinks of sliding doors every night when he goes to sleep.[/QUOTE]

God I hope so! He is an arrogant snot.

boydogs
09-04-2016, 10:22 AM
I legitimately believe that our current Footscray team would beat Essendon. When Footscray play their VFL team I think it is going to be a bloodbath.

Beat them by 53 in a practice match on March 26

ledge
09-04-2016, 10:54 AM

I think that was the week before the AFL season started and we only had Hamling in the squad, the rest were all VFL players.

Sedat
09-04-2016, 05:24 PM
Last Friday night now looks like the rubbish standard game by two cellar dwellars that it was. Collingwood and Richmond both getting touched up today - Pies have given up 18 goals to the team we kept to 5 last week.

jeemak
09-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Love they signed Bucks on for another few years on the back of just beating us in the NAB challenge.

Twodogs
09-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Sat through the first half because I was bored. I switch over at halftime and I found the discovering the history of Britain on the History channel yielded more excitement.
Didn't see the last half of the footy.

What history were they talking about? It would have been far more interesting than the football

With half a team. I see Footscray most weeks and I recognised maybe a dozen players.

Love they signed Bucks on for another few years on the back of just beating us in the NAB challenge.

Why not re-sign him on the strength of that win? It will still be their best win for the season by the end of the season.

Or maybe they were impressed by how well he navigated his way past me at quarter time...

ledge
09-04-2016, 05:44 PM
I go to all VFL and AFL home games,and the odd away game.
At Whitten oval I stand at the steps on the right, practically in front of where you buy pies, can't miss my boofhead.

GVGjr
09-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Good wins to Adelaide and the St Kilda today. The Saints win was particularly good considering Rooey and then McCartin were injured.

The Crows look like they will have a good season.

ledge
09-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Well I think after this round signs are Collingwood and Richmond are going to struggle , one due to a young list and a bad coach, the other a list with a coach who has taken them as far as they can go.

Rocket Science
09-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Cue the hand-wringing at Punt Road and the Lexus Centre respectively.

*grabs popcorn*

Hotdog60
09-04-2016, 06:03 PM
What history were they talking about? It would have been far more interesting than the football

They were digging up plods of dirt in the Scottish Islands to see if they could find proof that the Vikings had settled there.:)

bornadog
09-04-2016, 06:11 PM
The deliberate out of bounds going to new lows in the Sydney v GWS game. Soon we will be getting rid of boundary umpires, mark my words.

Remi Moses
09-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Adelaide deserve a lot of kudos for their great recruiting in the face of losing so many players .
Two pre-season hyped teams ( they always are) Collingwood and Ruchmond are putrid .
The worrying thing is Collingwood's lack of effort and intensity . Hard to believe Hardwick and Buckley got re-signed to be honest .
Stkilda's effort was pretty decent, and they ran Collingwood ragged and exposed their lack of defensive pressure

GVGjr
09-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Adelaide deserve a lot of kudos for their great recruiting in the face of losing so many players .

Stkilda's effort was pretty decent, and they ran Collingwood ragged and exposed their lack of defensive pressure

The Crows have been very good with their recruiting. The posses one of the best forward lines and their midfield is pretty strong as well.

I think the Saints are making good progress.

bulldogtragic
09-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Sorry to make this about us, but Adam Treloar was choosing between Richmond & Collingwood. Jesse White the year previous & Aish picked Collingwood, Yarran to Richmond. Yet they're completely sub par. I understand playing at a 'big club' might be fun, but surely winning is more fun. If we were given time slots, fixtures, a block buster game like Good Friday and Friday night games irrespective of form we'd be able to use the 'big crowds' card to recruit players.

Also, these guys are in trouble. Collingwood with Cloke & Swan near the end, and a few at Richmond too. If they're not going to do a proper rebuild, then these guys are in trouble.

ledge
09-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Problem with Collingwood is they will never do a full rebuild, their arrogance expects them to make finals every year, similar to the bombers in that regard.

Twodogs
09-04-2016, 06:59 PM
They were digging up plods of dirt in the Scottish Islands to see if they could find proof that the Vikings had settled there.:)

It's kind of obvious. The red haired locals are a bit of a giveaway.

Twodogs
09-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Sorry to make this about us, but Adam Treloar was choosing between Richmond & Collingwood. Jesse White the year previous & Aish picked Collingwood, Yarran to Richmond. Yet they're completely sub par. I understand playing at a 'big club' might be fun, but surely winning is more fun. If we were given time slots, fixtures, a block buster game like Good Friday and Friday night games irrespective of form we'd be able to use the 'big crowds' card to recruit players.

Also, these guys are in trouble. Collingwood with Cloke & Swan near the end, and a few at Richmond too. If they're not going to do a proper rebuild, then these guys are in trouble.

If it were me I would much rather go to a club where there is an opportunity to claim my own bit of history by creating something special from the ground up rather than the latest chapter of a recurring story.

All 22 players in the next bulldog premiership team will be lionised part of our history.

GVGjr
09-04-2016, 07:11 PM
Good contest between the GWS and the Swans. Scully is backing up his good game from last week.

GVGjr
09-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Swans remain undefeated and look like they will be right in the mix at the end of the season.

chef
09-04-2016, 08:33 PM
Was a good win. Giants look a goodish side too

Bulldog Joe
09-04-2016, 08:37 PM
Swans remain undefeated and look like they will be right in the mix at the end of the season.

They have started well. I thought the chance was there for GWS, but they really couldn't get forward enough.

Sydney are carried by 7 or 8 top class players and they were all the better players again.

Still feel they are vulnerable to any injury concerns as they lack depth. Richards and Grundy are still vital to their defense.

Maddog37
09-04-2016, 08:52 PM
If it were me I would much rather go to a club where there is an opportunity to claim my own bit of history by creating something special from the ground up rather than the latest chapter of a recurring story.

All 22 players in the next bulldog premiership team will be lionised part of our history.

Makes you wonder what non-football inducements they gave been offered.

Twodogs
09-04-2016, 09:44 PM
Makes you wonder what non-football inducements they gave been offered.

Probably a few but the attraction of playing in the big games against Carlton, Richmond and Essendon for Collingwood in front of huge crowds is a genuine lure. Two of those clubs are basket cases and the other two are pretty much a shower of shit between them at the moment and the games are a big deal imagine what they'll be like if Essendon ever recover and when the other three are serious contenders again.

Like I say I'd rather build that tradition at a club myself but I can see the allure of it already being there too.

GVGjr
09-04-2016, 10:39 PM
Weitering is playing at an incredible level just 3 games in to his career. He's going to be a good one to watch next week.

bulldogtragic
09-04-2016, 10:44 PM
Weitering is playing at an incredible level just 3 games in to his career. He's going to be a good one to watch next week.

On Boyd and/or Stringer? That's a fair challenge.

westdog54
09-04-2016, 11:15 PM
We haven't even reached Sunday afternoon yet and all four of the "Big 4" have had their arses handed to them this week.

What a time to be alive.

Drunken Bum
09-04-2016, 11:56 PM

I've always wondered if the club pushes that as a selling point, i really hope they do because that is the kind of thing we all dream of isn't it being the underdog and clawing your way to the top against all odds and conquering the loathsome enemies that have bullied you forever aided and abetted by the evil corporation that runs the game, being idiolised forever more, giving hope to the downtrodden, a hero forever

It's fairytale stuff every kids dream, surely we're not the only romantics left in the world

F'scary
10-04-2016, 12:11 AM
Did I hear Hardwick correctly at his post match presser? He seemed to be saying that Richmond are approaching this year as year 1 of a mini-rebuild!!!

Talk about a complete change of tune.

The press should tear him to shreds this week.

jeemak
10-04-2016, 12:12 AM
Pretty confident players and their parents/family/friends or managers just play the numbers when it comes to changing clubs, and the numbers suggest you're more chance of reaching the pointy end or getting commercial exposure if you don't play for the Bulldogs.

Callan Ward is the classic example for me. As soon as Sheedy was involved in the GWS franchise Callan was gone, his Dad was an EFC die hard with a bias against the Dogs, aside from our poor contract management the message was out of our hands because Callan's old man would have been all over him leaving to play for the pisshead.

Now that Yarraville is pretty cool, and Footscray is catching up we're not as unfavourable, but we can't discount the appeal for players living in Melbourne's inner east as an attractive option as well.

F'scary
10-04-2016, 12:30 AM
And Buckley was paying out on his players' attitude - To me, he didn't come across as taking any responsibility for the loss. When he said "we" he said it in a way that seemed to redefine the first person plural pronoun as not including the speaker. I'm sure he even qualified "we" as "our players" more than once.

bornadog
10-04-2016, 12:30 AM
Sandliands has collapsed lung - Freo looking like season shot already.

F'scary
10-04-2016, 12:34 AM
Buckley also said that Collingwood is a side that is still trying to find its style...LOL, he's had 4 years to do that.

Remi Moses
10-04-2016, 12:45 AM
What complete nonsense from Hardwick having a media black ban :rolleyes:
Reeks of being a complete sook

Dry Rot
10-04-2016, 02:45 AM
They have started well. I thought the chance was there for GWS, but they really couldn't get forward enough.

Sydney are carried by 7 or 8 top class players and they were all the better players again.

Still feel they are vulnerable to any injury concerns as they lack depth. Richards and Grundy are still vital to their defense.

Bold bit is critical.

Swans have a great forward line and midfield, but really, really thin down back if anything happens to those two.

Dry Rot
10-04-2016, 02:45 AM
Think this thread needs more love for the Suns and Rocket.

ledge
10-04-2016, 08:03 AM

Rocket is a good coach he is starting to mould this team now.

F'scary
10-04-2016, 10:22 AM

Certainly looks like he made some tough decisions in his first season and it is paying off now.

GVGjr
10-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Certainly looks like he made some tough decisions in his first season and it is paying off now.

Full credit to him. I think he got both Port and Freo to pay overs on the trades last year and he has done a fair bit about rectifying the culture that has plagued GC. Winning 3 in a row is a great start and GAJ is in great form.

They are ones to keep an eye on.

bornadog
10-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Full credit to him. I think he got both Port and Freo to pay overs on the trades last year and he has done a fair bit about rectifying the culture that has plagued GC. Winning 3 in a row is a great start and GAJ is in great form.

They are ones to keep an eye on.

Hall has come good and last night with 40 disposals, looks a real A grader.

jeemak
10-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Did anyone see Billings' game yesterday? He hit the stats sheet in a few different ways, just wondering what sort of game it was.

GVGjr
10-04-2016, 11:45 AM
Did anyone see Billings' game yesterday? He hit the stats sheet in a few different ways, just wondering what sort of game it was.

I didn't see a lot of it but a Saints mate thought his kicking into the forward line was telling for them. It would suggest that he did a bit more than just being anchored in the the 50m arc.

Ghost Dog
10-04-2016, 12:54 PM
Rocket is a good coach he is starting to mould this team now.

Yes I liked the way Rocket talked about winning in different ways. Teams not allowing you to win the same week every time, and I think we have a team that can do this.

Remi Moses
10-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Pleased for Rocket . Got rid of some damaged goods .
Great game of one day footy in Tassie . Twenty goals is usually what a Paul Roos team kicks in 4 weeks !
Norf heavily reliance on Boomer yet again

comrade
10-04-2016, 11:32 PM
Pleased for Rocket . Got rid of some damaged goods .
Great game of one day footy in Tassie . Twenty goals is usually what a Paul Roos team kicks in 4 weeks !
Norf heavily reliance on Boomer yet again

As much as I can't stand him, to dominate a game like that at his age is pretty staggering. Must have freakish genetics.

Sedat
10-04-2016, 11:38 PM
As much as I can't stand him, to dominate a game like that at his age is pretty staggering. Must have freakish genetics.
Nice to see him destroy other clubs like he used to do to ours. Fair effort to kick your biggest bag of goals in a game, 18 years after your previous biggest bag.

GVGjr
10-04-2016, 11:40 PM
The Dees bounced back from last weeks disaster and gave North a fright.

comrade
10-04-2016, 11:54 PM

Think it speaks volumes about both teams.

Both are fairly ordinary, IMO.

F'scary
11-04-2016, 09:42 PM

Could be another example of not taking opponents seriously. We have to make sure we don't fall into this trap.

Sedat
12-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Think it speaks volumes about both teams.

Both are fairly ordinary, IMO.
Norf are banking a lot of early wins though, which has them well-placed for top 4. To be fair, I reckon their win in Round 1 against Adelaide was excellent - high quality game from both teams.

KT31
12-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Could be another example of not taking opponents seriously. We have to make sure we don't fall into this trap.

After Bob's Knee and such a hard fought battle this is a concern for me against the Blue's.

Mantis
12-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Norf are banking a lot of early wins though, which has them well-placed for top 4. To be fair, I reckon their win in Round 1 against Adelaide was excellent - high quality game from both teams.

Yeah, I think Norf will be thereabouts again and could push for a top 4 spot.. Our game aginst them in a few weeks time shapes as a potential top of the table clash.

Ghost Dog
12-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Collingwood are woeful at the moment. They fluked their win over Richmond.

comrade
12-04-2016, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I think Norf will be thereabouts again and could push for a top 4 spot.. Our game aginst them in a few weeks time shapes as a potential top of the table clash.

With a team chockfull of experience, they should be thereabouts. Just feel they lack enough top end talent to really outgun the big dogs.

Having a ruckman like Goldstein does paper over the cracks, somewhat.

I'd back us to beat them and will be pretty disappointed if we don't.

LostDoggy
12-04-2016, 11:37 PM
With a team chockfull of experience, they should be thereabouts. Just feel they lack enough top end talent to really outgun the big dogs.

Having a ruckman like Goldstein does paper over the cracks, somewhat.

I'd back us to beat them and will be pretty disappointed if we don't.

Agree Comrade.
When their best player is Benjamin Button in won't be too long before they fall off the cliff.