PDA

View Full Version : Bankers and Anchors - Round 4 2016

Eastdog
10-04-2016, 10:40 PM
This is the round 4 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Carlton is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys that you we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
16-04-2016, 10:24 PM
You can Bank or Anch them

bulldogtragic
16-04-2016, 10:56 PM
B:

Suckling. Very important.
Bonts. Especially first half.
Goal kicking accuracy, despite two posters.

A:

Injuries. You bastard.
Channel 7 commentary. Just brain cell killing BS all night.
Dale Morris. You had a gold chance to score your 4th goal. Cmon man :)

Rance Fan
17-04-2016, 12:05 AM
B
Suckling awesome kicking
Bonts first half
Hunter keeps racking them up

A
Few poor field kicks
Stringer doesnt work hard enough
Adcock not up to it

LostDoggy
17-04-2016, 12:13 AM
B
Boyds falcon
First half Bonts tricks
Suckling and JJ long goals

A
Jjs long bomb hammy
We are testing our depth
Boyds Falcon (felt bad for the guy)

AndrewP6
17-04-2016, 12:27 AM
Adcock not up to it
To paraphrase my favourite movie... 'You serious, Clark?'

SonofScray
17-04-2016, 12:39 AM
B:

1. Lin Jong's goal was everything we love in our players.
2. Hunter was BOG
3. Tackling

A:
1. Strategy to deal with lack of run and carry and personnel changes.
2. Injuries
3. Scoreboard grinding to a halt after half time.

bornadog
17-04-2016, 01:31 AM
Bankers

1. Bonts three goals

2. Jong's goal

3. Daniels spectacular first quarter, he was everywhere.

Anchors

1. Injuries are cruel, especially the backline - Murph, JJ and Wood (special mention Prudden's ACL)

2. Our second half - only 4 goals.

Remi Moses
17-04-2016, 03:43 AM
Bankers- suckling , a tremendous pick up, and compliments our side
- Caleb Daniel >>>>> Liam 1.1 mil for 3 years Jones
- The first half , we were great and ran out of gas, and was interesting that Hawthorn were very flat
Anchors - injuries, it's not how many but who .
- The commentary, honestly they spent 5 minutes guessing what Nicknane Marcus Adams had, and didn't call the play .
- Carlton crowd , for a so called " big 4" that's given them 16 flags, where the f*** were they?

Ghost Dog
17-04-2016, 07:53 AM
Bankers: Dale Morris is our rock in times of trouble. Bob - your inspiration.
- At one point Bont had three or four effective kicks for three goals. Great first half.
- First goal in the Tri-color! Jeddly Deadly. Joins Tutt, and....statisticians please?

Anchors
- JJ's hamstring.
- There is a balance between mayham and plodding. We have to find it.
- Commentary, as usual. Telstra's video codec. As bad as each other.

ratsmac
17-04-2016, 08:57 AM
BANKERS

1. Hunter - his ability be in the contest all the time. He is everywhere. He has great endurance for a young man.
2. Stevens - he keeps crashing packs and let's the opposition know they have to earn their every possession.
3. Winning - much better than losing especially against Carlton.

ANCHORS

1. Injuries injuries injuries - seriously! 3 of our runners out of the backline injured. 2 of them long term. This sucks!
2. Kicking to Tom Boyd - he does need to learn how to out position his opponent and protect the ball but the kicks in to him aren't making his job easier. You could say the same for Stringer.
3. Umpire who reported Jong - I've seen chess games with more impact than that!

westbulldog
17-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Bankers
Bontempelli's 1st half.
Character, a 6 goal win after a difficult week when the going got tough.
30-13 free kicks, most were deserved and we will take that ratio every week.

Anchors
Injuries
One Fox commentator is way in front on the NACA leader board.

Bulldog4life
17-04-2016, 12:01 PM
Bankers
Bontempelli's 1st half.
Character, a 6 goal win after a difficult week when the going got tough.
30-13 free kicks, most were deserved and we will take that ratio every week.

Anchors
Injuries
One Fox commentator is way in front on the NACA leader board.

It was the channel 7 commentators last night.

bornadog
17-04-2016, 12:01 PM
Umpire who reported Jong - I've seen chess games with more impact than that!

Should be thrown out instantly.

Eastdog
17-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Bankers

Hunter - got a lot of it and was very busy

Daniel - liked his game last night

Bonti - kicked some good goals

Extra mention:

Adams - did some good things again last night. He has a great future ahead

Anchors

The injuries

Stringer - not a great game

Flamethrower
17-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Bankers

1. Lachie Hunter - picked up where he left off last year.

2. Marcus Bontempelli - quality > quantity.

3. Any win against that mob is satisfying.

Anchors

1. The crowd.....they are supposed to be a big 4 club...we drew more to our game against Fremantle on Easter Sunday at lunch time.

2. The footy gods....go pick on someone else for once. Two weeks of hell at the Kennel - Bob, JJ, Woody, Suckers, Tommy Boyd, Hrovat and Prudden all copping the wrath.

3. Passing into the forward line - kick to to Jake and Tommy's advantage for once. Poor 2 weeks in a row.

Smads57
17-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Bankers
Hunter - has been a model of consistency for some time now
Biggs - continues to earn his keep
Roughead - ultimate swingman

Anchors
Last quarter goal scoring drying up - clearly we lost our structure
Injuries to quickest players on our list

Ozza
18-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Bankers:

Dale Morris - just supreme reading of the play and work rate.
Biggs - was everywhere.
Bonti - even though he was quiet, we are struggling a bit to score, and he kicked 3 which blew the game open, all were class.

Anchors:

T.Boyd - just hopeless. Dropped marks, or ineffective in contests. Feel like I'm watching Liam Jones again, in that I'm absolutely desperate for him to do well, but have no confidence when he has a chance to mark or gets near it.
Injuries.
Lack of forward structure in much of the game.

comrade
18-04-2016, 12:54 PM
Bankers:

Dale Morris - just supreme reading of the play and work rate.
Biggs - was everywhere.
Bonti - even though he was quiet, we are struggling a bit to score, and he kicked 3 which blew the game open, all were class.

Anchors:

T.Boyd - just hopeless. Dropped marks, or ineffective in contests. Feel like I'm watching Liam Jones again, in that I'm absolutely desperate for him to do well, but have no confidence when he has a chance to mark or gets near it.
Injuries.
Lack of forward structure in much of the game.

Understand your feeling on Boyd, but Jones never rucked 30-40% of a game at 20 years old. Boyd also tackled and competed very well which you never saw with Jones. That one on Weitering was awesome. Just going to have to accept that some games he'll look good and other times he'll look like a gumby. And it'll be that way for another year or 2.

The thing I can't stand is the easy dollies he can drop. That chest mark on the wing was painful and just sets the wrong tone for the night.

Ozza
18-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Understand your feeling on Boyd, but Jones never rucked 30-40% of a game at 20 years old. Boyd also tackled and competed very well which you never saw with Jones. That one on Weitering was awesome. Just going to have to accept that some games he'll look good and other times he'll look like a gumby. And it'll be that way for another year or 2.

The thing I can't stand is the easy dollies he can drop. That chest mark on the wing was painful and just sets the wrong tone for the night.

Yep - he drops an easy dolly up on the wing once per week.

I've been trying to view Boyd's games with as rosy coloured glasses as I can up until now - but I am just getting really nervous about how far off he looks like being a footballer.

Yes, he tackles and competes - but it would be good if he occasionally showed us a glimpse of class or dominance in a contest.

At 20 years old Jones was going better than Boyd - and took the 5th most contested marks in the competition for 2011. Let's hope the trajectory of Tom's career is vastly different from here on out.