PDA

View Full Version : Three things I've learned Bulldogs V Carlton.

Twodogs
12-04-2016, 11:30 PM
Three things you didn't know before the game that you know now.

GVGjr
16-04-2016, 10:23 PM
I think 'injuries' might get a mention

bulldogtragic
16-04-2016, 10:53 PM
1. Hawthorn looked very tired today and won. So did we.
2. Happy to have Adcock now more than ever.
3. Won 3. Lost one by 3 points against the premiers. Not too bad.

Daughter of the West
16-04-2016, 11:01 PM
1. When husband gets nervous (not even for his own side), he starts cleaning! He was wiping down cupboard fronts for God's sake!
2. Someone broke a mirror in the rooms. Bob, JJ, T Boyd, Suckling off briefly and potentially back on with a jab. WTF?
3. Winning that doesn't feel so great, but it's better than the alternative.

SlimPickens
16-04-2016, 11:09 PM
1. Our blokes are human.
2. Our depth is about to be seriously tested.
3. 3 and 1 is a bloody good start.

bulldogtragic
16-04-2016, 11:19 PM
4. Still top of the ladder (North possible to jump to first tomorrow) at 171%

SonofScray
17-04-2016, 12:48 AM
1. The umpires see infringements differently based on the current narrative of the teams playing. Hawks were gifted the world last week because they're the champs and we are not. Carlton got reamed tonight because they are so poor and we are the more renowned side at the moment. No complaints from me, its been the opposite most of my life.

2. Injuries hurt, bad. We've just about wiped out our 1st choice players in the position that has really driven our form in recent history.

3. The goals dry up too quickly when things aren't on our terms.

bornadog
17-04-2016, 01:23 AM
1. We can win ugly with so many good players down.

2. Biggs is better than I thought

3. I learnt having TBoyd in the ruck and leaving Stringer as the FF doesn't work. MC sees it different, but they are wrong.:D

Ghost Dog
17-04-2016, 01:31 AM
1. Adcock - an astute decision by our recruitment team. Loved by the boys. Bob's injury calls him to repay our faith.
2. In 2 or 3 years time, Caleb Daniel will be the most important player on our list.
3. Lachie Hunter will one day captain this club.

ratsmac
17-04-2016, 01:44 AM
1. We need another target up forward desperately. Hopefully Dickson pulls up good from the VFL match because we are getting predictable.
2. Without Murphy and JJ, all of sudden we look a lot slower. Hopefully JJ's hamstring isn't as bad as what it looks atm.
3. A win is a win no matter how ugly and boring it is.

Remi Moses
17-04-2016, 03:34 AM
1. Lachie Hunter has really shocked me with his consistency
2. We're not "cursed", injuries are part of the sport .
3. Stringer needs a chopout

SquirrelGrip
17-04-2016, 09:03 AM
1. Stringer isn't fit.
2. This is definitely Matthew Boyd's last year.
3. The coach is not afraid to try things when he knows the game won't be lost (Adams up forward, Stringer more midfield, Roughead his first stint down back this year - it wasn't panic stations, it was let's see what these guys can do in case we need it in an important game).

(4. I haven't seen a team with such poor foot and decision making skills as Carlton In the first half)

GVGjr
17-04-2016, 09:15 AM
1. Stringer isn't fit.

Just before the start of the season the coach advised that Stringer hadn't missed a beat through the preseason so I'm not sure that the perception that he isn't fit can be accurate. For what it's worth, I still think he is missing having the likes of Crameri and Dickson around him and he is struggling with that.

SlimPickens
17-04-2016, 09:37 AM
3. Stringer needs a chopout

Absolutely, Dickson a must in.

SonofScray
17-04-2016, 09:46 AM
Just before the start of the season the coach advised that Stringer hadn't missed a beat through the preseason so I'm not sure that the perception that he isn't fit can be accurate. For what it's worth, I still think he is missing having the likes of Crameri and Dickson around him and he is struggling with that.

He has motioned to his lower abdomen, groin area a few times when leaping for the ball on the lead. It might be a niggle that he is struggling to deal with. His general movement and running capacity doesn't appear to have been impacted though so it seems it is only minor if it is there at all.

100% missing the players around him that you've mentioned. Playing him one out in a Pagan's Paddock scenario isn't going to work if the ball comes in like it has been. He is best in traffic or working out the back after getting high up the ground and leading into the open space, Crameri is very good at this as well. Without a bit of traffic for him to dodge, or quick ball coming in, he starts to cheat and look for everything out the back without doing the hard work first. The other component is, he is looking for body contact with the defender all the time, instead of getting up and meeting the ball. Defenders love that, its an opportunity to scrag and often get away with it.

I think I'd prefer Boyd spending more time deep in the 50 and have him work through his issues in the contest, Stringer up the field a little with an imperative to meet the ball, Dickson and maybe someone like Bailey Dale given current form providing some crumbing, lead up mid sized forward stuff.

Templeton31
17-04-2016, 10:45 AM
1. Some of our key blokes who played so well last week looked tired and 'off' the whole game - even when we were creaming them in the first half. Add to that injuries during game to JJ, Roughie, Suckers and Toyd and we were struggling.
2. We must be averaging around 90pts per game yet I still feel like our forward line not functioning well. Seems like Jake and Tom Boyd (when not in the ruck) are the only targets and neither had good games on Saturday night. Time to bring in Dickson and one of Redpath/Campbell/Minno ? Im not sure.
3. If you look back through premiership seasons you'll find the Premiers had plenty of scrappy games when they weren't on song and plenty of injuries too. Point is they kept winning. Just like we did on Saturday night. :)

G-Mo77
17-04-2016, 10:57 AM
2. We must be averaging around 90pts per game yet I still feel like our forward line not functioning well. Seems like Jake and Tom Boyd (when not in the ruck) are the only targets and neither had good games on Saturday night. Time to bring in Dickson and one of Redpath/Campbell/Minno ? Im not sure.

I was talking about this at work the other day. We are getting most of our goals from repeat entries and forward pressure. I'm like you, I don't think we've gelled there yet. Dixon coming back will help.

LostDoggy
17-04-2016, 11:13 AM
1. If you're second to the footy all night the free kick count is going the other team's way.
2. JJ is too fast for even his hammies to keep up.
3. Boyd Jr's only problem is trying too hard. Needs to clear his head a bit.

Bulldog4life
17-04-2016, 11:40 AM
He has motioned to his lower abdomen, groin area a few times when leaping for the ball on the lead. It might be a niggle that he is struggling to deal with. His general movement and running capacity doesn't appear to have been impacted though so it seems it is only minor if it is there at all.

This happened top him a few times last year each time he was asked he said cramp!

1.Suckling is proving his worth already. Love those bullet like long kicks from the backline. Has a bit of tow about him too which we need now to make up for missing Bob and JJ. This make makes him an important piece of the puzzle.

2. I like Jongy's hardness at the ball and his intercept goal was brilliant. Hope he stays in.

3. Despite injuries and not playing well we can still keep the opposition to a low score and win comfortably.

whythelongface
17-04-2016, 04:53 PM
1. Our ability to defend across the ground makes us difficult to play against. Three out of four games our opposition have scored under 50. That is sensational.
2. Our forward line needs more options. Looking forward to having Dickson back. Would also like to see Crampbell given a run.
3. Suckling. Is significantly better than our last # 1.

Smads57
17-04-2016, 06:34 PM
1. we can grind out a win
2. when some players are down, we now seem to have enough others to pull thru (Hunter, Daniel, Biggs, Macrae, Suckling)
3. missing Crameri more than I thought we would

1eyedog
18-04-2016, 12:20 PM
1. A goal against the Bulldogs at the moment is gold.
2. Hawthorn will miss Suckling this year, they simply have to after seeing what he did to Carlton on Saturday night.
3. We need to get smart about how we set up down back. We haven't got any super fast players left to play the role the way Murph and JJ do so we now need elite kicks there.

craigsahibee
18-04-2016, 01:44 PM
1. Scrappy 6 goal wins are glorious.
2. I think the umpires are jealous of Tom Boyd's contract.
3. Carlton really miss Liam Jones. When he's fit and available for selection they could be something else ;)

Templeton31
18-04-2016, 03:41 PM
3. Carlton really miss Liam Jones. When he's fit and available for selection they could be something else ;)

:D He kicked 5! (.....for the Bullants)

Flamethrower
18-04-2016, 09:15 PM
1. Keeping oppos to less than 50 points is great. Don't like watching the other mob celebrating goals against us, so teams having so much trouble scoring against us is heaven.

2. Levi Casboult is worse than I thought....Liam Jones must be really hopeless now if this dud gets a game ahead of him.

3. Matthew Suckling's foot skills are worth the price of admission!!!

LostDoggy
18-04-2016, 09:54 PM
1.Our pressure makes our opp. nervous and their mistakes are ineviatable for us to pounce and punish.

2.The ball delivery to Toyd is putrid.

3.Caleb Daniel is a Star.

bornadog
18-04-2016, 11:39 PM
3.Caleb Daniel is a Star.

A rising star

Templeton31
22-04-2016, 06:38 PM

He's fit, available and back this week! In the Blues side v Dockers.

Twodogs
23-04-2016, 12:12 AM
1. The highlight was the lack of a lot of highlights. It's good to bank a six goal with the injurys and all.
2. A smooth run from the umpires would have been nice the week before.
3. Gee that Caleb Daniel can play.