PDA

View Full Version : Luke Beveridge ...

ledge
17-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Wow , we have an extremely good coach guiding this ship.
http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2016-04-16/special-feature-the-coach

F'scary
17-04-2016, 04:23 PM
He has transformed our club. Genius coach.

Eastdog
17-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Excellent video. Thanks for posting ledge.

Mantis
17-04-2016, 06:29 PM
How touching is it when Murf's little girl touches his bung knee.. If I had a heart it would have melted.

BulldogBelle
17-04-2016, 07:29 PM
How touching is it when Murf's little girl touches his bung knee.. If I had a heart it would have melted.

Brings a tear to your eye.

EasternWest
17-04-2016, 09:00 PM

That was actually tough to take.

Daughter of the West
17-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Brings a tear to your eye.

No, I promise my eyes are sweaty again, they're not tears.

Jeez, I'm just about ready to run out for Bevo after watching that.

bornadog
18-04-2016, 03:54 PM
Excellent viewing

Bulldog Revolution
18-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Its a gem, and a great insight into Bevo - and why hes doing such a good job as our coach

comrade
18-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Bevo mentioned the man love he has for Murphy. I reckon our supporter base has plenty of it for the coach too.

Flamethrower
18-04-2016, 09:01 PM
I have a man crush on Luke Beveridge.

Bulldog4life
18-04-2016, 09:37 PM
I have a man crush on Luke Beveridge.

Get in line.

LostDoggy
18-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Bromance.

LostDoggy
19-04-2016, 11:18 AM
That image of Murphs daughter was powerful.

Bevo is a great manager of men. Love the way he led a brainstorming of Murph attributes to better understand what the team was losing and give the guys a chance to step up in those areas.

always right
19-04-2016, 11:48 AM
That's a powerful video. You can actually feel how close knit this club is. It hasn't always been that way. You can sense the beginning of a special period in our history. We will have earned it.

craigsahibee
19-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Bevo says he is very lucky to be the coach of the Western Bulldogs. We are very lucky to have Bevo. How can you not want to play for him?

LostDoggy
19-04-2016, 02:23 PM
<- = Player Retention when the cap gets pushed

Ghost Dog
19-04-2016, 03:17 PM
We have seen a huge improvement in skills over Luke's tenure.
Not one single Bulldogs player in the top 20 worst clanger kickers in the AFL.

Twodogs
19-04-2016, 03:54 PM

The improvement in skills has been remarkable, apart from being a little too cute sometimes, given the low base we were coming from.

Mantis
19-04-2016, 04:16 PM

Do you believe we are a good kicking team?

The loss of Murf & JJ will greatly effect how we distribute the ball by foot and I see it as an area of real concern.

bulldogsthru&thru
19-04-2016, 04:19 PM
I think our skills have been fairly poor this season. Particularly delivering inside 50

I'd be curious to know where we rank for inside 50 marks (contested or 1 on 1) and set shot goals from marks

Twodogs
19-04-2016, 05:29 PM

The loss of Murf & JJ will greatly effect how we distribute the ball by foot and I see it as an area of real concern.

They are impossible to replace. Quite often our defensive plan seems to revolve around getting the ball in JJ's hands and making space for him. We might have been able to cover for one of them bur not both.

But we have to come up with something.

bornadog
19-04-2016, 05:49 PM
I think our skills have been fairly poor this season. Particularly delivering inside 50

I'd be curious to know where we rank for inside 50 marks (contested or 1 on 1) and set shot goals from marks

11th on marks inside 50.

boydogs
19-04-2016, 10:12 PM

Tom Boyd is right up there in clangers per disposal

jeemak
19-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Bevo isn't going to teach the guys how to kick, he's going to teach the guys as they all develop together to use the team mate in the best position to kick.

That's the key to clean and efficient ball movement. Sure, you need one or two a absolute kicking guns around the ground, but everyone else only needs to be competent with a comprehensive system guiding them what to do.

Also, as players grow older they fatigue less and use the ball better under pressure. We have a young group with that in front of them.

Ghost Dog
20-04-2016, 12:13 AM

Come a long, long way since BMac. Anyone remember our kick-ins?

Torpedo
20-04-2016, 07:49 PM
With the absence of Tory and Stew from our forward line, we seem to be falling into a' bomb it long and hope' strategy. If the remaining forwards are unable to offer leads because they aren't natural forwards (excluding Jake who is struggling with sustained opposition targeting) but really resting mids ie Wally, Libba, Dahl, Bont, Hunter, Koby, Jong, then lowering the eyes and hitting targets isn't going to eventuate. Last week we scored a majority of our goals from stoppages arising from long high bombs being retained by our defensive efforts. Just as many entries though came straight back out of the forward line. A better team would have hurt us with the rebound.

With TBoyd and Roughy not getting near the ball in those situations on Saturday, we looked less dangerous. Our mids managed enough goals but our scoring has dried up in quite a few quarters this season all ready. Big Red or TC taking marks or at least contesting like TBoyd did last year (and thus relieving Jake of some of the burden) would be good. Just shows how much we miss Tory and Crameri in particular as a mobile large/ medium forward.

Ghost Dog
20-04-2016, 09:17 PM

It's catch 22. To get it down the ground you have to play very fast footy, and take risks.
Example, Biggs is our worst rated for turnovers and I don't think he's playing badly. He takes risks.
We lack a bit of composure.We have the skills, IMO

comrade
20-04-2016, 09:25 PM
We currently sit at #1 for disposal efficiency at 77%. Can't tell you what the break down is for kicking specifically.

Sedat
21-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Biggs is a good kick - he takes risks with his kicks which can result in the occasional clanger but it also opens up the game for us. I think he can help partially fill the Bob breach in terms of damaging disposal off half-back. I'm also confident that Webb can come in and take over the previous Biggs support role.

JJ is a different story with his line-breaking ability - we don't really have anyone on our list capable of replicating his fantastic run and carry. Williams and Lynch look like two long-term prospects in this area but they aren't ready.

Kicking efficiency is a bit of a misnomer - Richmond has a high kicking efficiency because they chip it from one half-back line to the other like a crab, which is not much help when you're getting the ball inside forward 50 less than 10 times in a half.

Ozza
21-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Agree with this. Biggs, Suckling - and to a lesser extent M.Boyd, quite often look in board and kick on the 45 degree angle to a player in the middle of the ground, which opens up the play enormously (whereas Bob and JJ could break the play open by running through there).

It can be a high risk, high reward type of play. I hope we continue to have the confidence to go there.

Ghost Dog
21-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Biggs is a good kick - he takes risks with his kicks which can result in the occasional clanger but it also opens up the game for us. I think he can help partially fill the Bob breach in terms of damaging disposal off half-back. I'm also confident that Webb can come in and take over the previous Biggs support role.

JJ is a different story with his line-breaking ability - we don't really have anyone on our list capable of replicating his fantastic run and carry. Williams and Lynch look like two long-term prospects in this area but they aren't ready.

Kicking efficiency is a bit of a misnomer - Richmond has a high in kicking efficiency because they chip it from one half-back line to the other like a crab, which is not much help when you're getting the ball inside forward 50 less than 10 times in a half.

Easton Wood at full flight is not a bad replacement for JJ, although not as evasive, a bit stronger in the upper body.

Mantis
21-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Easton Wood at full flight is not a bad replacement for JJ.

Kicking the ball is one thing that Easton does poorly.. It's one of JJ's greatest strengths.

Ghost Dog
21-04-2016, 03:28 PM
Have to be well organised to cover both Bob and JJ. Massive hole and a huge challenge for the coach, for sure.
This is one of Luke's biggest challenges as a coach so far I would say. Captain down, serious outs in the side.

always right
21-04-2016, 06:04 PM
Kicking the ball is one thing that Easton does poorly.. It's one of JJ's greatest strengths.

I think you're exaggerating. Whilst not as good as JJ, Easton's kicking is fine when he passes. It's improved dramatically although he sometimes has a tendency to bomb when he is forward of centre.

Ghost Dog
21-04-2016, 10:38 PM
I think you're exaggerating. Whilst not as good as JJ, Easton's kicking is fine when he passes. It's improved dramatically although he sometimes has a tendency to bomb when he is forward of centre.
I think so too. And you ARE always right! :)
Accuracy stat please stat boffins.

Mantis
22-04-2016, 10:31 AM

He is good in a Dale Morris sense, can safely pass it to a free man, but it isn't an attacking weapon going forward, in that as stated he bombs it or kicks helicopters.

1eyedog
22-04-2016, 10:38 AM
I think so too. And you ARE always right! :)
Accuracy stat please stat boffins.

In the 41 times he's had it in his two games this season he's going at 85.7%. I would say a lot of those have been handed off to Biggs, Murph, JJ et al.

I tend to agree that the ball can take on strange shapes when he kicks it long at times.

bornadog
22-04-2016, 11:24 AM
In the 41 times he's had it in his two games this season he's going at 85.7%. I would say a lot of those have been handed off to Biggs, Murph, JJ et al.

I tend to agree that the ball can take on strange shapes when he kicks it long at times.

Mantis is correct, they both deliver the ball differently and in no way is Wood's kicking a replacement for JJ's.

Ghost Dog
22-04-2016, 11:43 AM
He is good in a Dale Morris sense, can safely pass it to a free man, but it isn't an attacking weapon going forward, in that as stated he bombs it or kicks helicopters.

Fair comment Mantis. A few years ago, even when he did have the short option he would cannon the thing and hail mary into the forward line. My couch used to take a beating in those days because of this.

ledge
22-04-2016, 12:11 PM
I thought this was about Luke Beveridge ?

Before I Die
04-07-2023, 03:13 PM
I think Bevo has been copping some unfair criticism recently. After the first two weeks, when he acknowledged that he had the structure and game plan wrong, we have won 9 and lost 4. He is the most successful coach the club has ever had. Most wins, highest win/loss percentage, most grand finals. I think that’s pretty strong evidence that he knows what he is doing and vindicates his game structures and selection choices.

The article below was published in May so is a little out of date. But gives some excellent insights.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-11/luke-beveridge-afl-western-bulldogs-resurgence/102330980

azabob
19-07-2023, 10:27 PM
Channel 7 reporting Bevo broke his hand at half time of the swans game when he punched the whiteboard!

Grantysghost
19-07-2023, 10:34 PM
Channel 7 reporting Bevo broke his hand at half time of the swans game when he punched the whiteboard!

That's a strange name for Lachie McNeil.

bornadog
19-07-2023, 10:36 PM
That's a strange name for Lachie McNeil.

So Rampe was right to get acquitted as he didn't cause the concussion :D

MrMahatma
19-07-2023, 10:38 PM

And we were winning! Imagine how he was tracking halfway through the 3rd and his busted hand was no good for bashing out the frustration?!

bornadog
19-07-2023, 10:44 PM
And we were winning! Imagine how he was tracking halfway through the 3rd and his busted hand was no good for bashing out the frustration?!

I guess we aren't the only ones frustrated by the players not performing

kruder
19-07-2023, 10:48 PM
I must say I didn't like Bevo's post match chat with the players but obviously he knows the cameras are on and it is a different era. That second quarter was a disgrace, I hope his hand is ok but there needed to be some fire considering what was on the line.

bulldogtragic
19-07-2023, 10:56 PM

We gave up a late goal and went in behind at half time.

GVGjr
20-07-2023, 12:08 AM

I believe it was the reason he wasn't at the East West club dinner.

G-Mo77
20-07-2023, 06:27 AM
What a clown. Seriously, if this was an opposition coach our supporters would be all over it but because it's Bevo it's justified. Idiotic outburst from our coach.

Mantis
20-07-2023, 06:47 AM
What a clown. Seriously, if this was an opposition coach our supporters would be all over it but because it's Bevo it's justified. Idiotic outburst from our coach.

Seems the pressure is certainly getting to Bevo, but can’t say I blame him for getting frustrated with our 2nd term… and the inconsistency within our game.

Sure he is the front man, and has to take on a fair bit of the blame, but the difference in the 1st and 2nd qtr was vast, and not all of that comes down to coaching.

G-Mo77
20-07-2023, 07:17 AM
Still doesn't justify it. If it were a player showing frustration like that they would likely miss the rest of the season due to injury. I bet we wouldn't be as forgiving. No free passes from me, stupid action on his behalf.

Mantis
20-07-2023, 07:25 AM
Still doesn't justify it. If it were a player showing frustration like that they would likely miss the rest of the season due to injury. I bet we wouldn't be as forgiving. No free passes from me, stupid action on his behalf.

You think coaches don’t get frustrated and lose their shit on occasions? Not the outcome that would be expected if you whacked something, but shit happens.

G-Mo77
20-07-2023, 07:37 AM
You think coaches don’t get frustrated and lose their shit on occasions? Not the outcome that would be expected if you whacked something, but shit happens.

Of course they do, doesn't mean he should be punching walls. I'd rather he just yell at the players and give them a dressing down but you can't do that with the current generation.

jeemak
20-07-2023, 08:05 AM
Of course they do, doesn't mean he should be punching walls. I'd rather he just yell at the players and give them a dressing down but you can't do that with the current generation.

So you'd prefer him to verbalise the players rather than take out frustration on an inanimate object? I don't know whether you've still got the high ground on this one! :)

It could have been relatively innocuous and still ended this way.

G-Mo77
20-07-2023, 08:16 AM
So you'd prefer him to verbalise the players rather than take out frustration on an inanimate object? I don't know whether you've still got the high ground on this one! :)

Yes, you don't want players taken into account if they made critical errors? You think punching a wall and breaking your hand is a better outcome? It's idiotic and an ordinary look.

jeemak
20-07-2023, 08:35 AM
Yes, you don't want players taken into account if they made critical errors? You think punching a wall and breaking your hand is a better outcome? It's idiotic and an ordinary look.

My posting history would suggest I'm all for players being held to account. I'm just saying that slamming a fist into a whiteboard during an address is something that happens all over the country in football games at all sorts of levels, and he may have just gotten a bit overzealous with it and paid the price.

GVGjr
20-07-2023, 09:43 AM

Shows how much he cares though and how like many supporters feel frustrated with a close loss.

Grantysghost
20-07-2023, 09:45 AM

Yeah, probably just side fisted it to make a point and got the wrong spot.

G-Mo77
20-07-2023, 09:51 AM
Shows how much he cares though and how like many supporters feel frustrated with a close loss.

Did you or anyone else feel the same way when Brendan Goddard knocked the teams lollies off the table. :D

GVGjr
20-07-2023, 09:53 AM
Did you or anyone else feel the same way when Brendan Goddard knocked the teams lollies off the table. :D

I don't think I minded but it was a touch on the childish side but seem to recall I thought Clarko had anger management issues when he punched a hole in a wall.

G-Mo77
20-07-2023, 10:00 AM
I don't think I minded but it was a touch on the childish side but seem to recall I thought Clarko had anger management issues when he punched a hole in a wall.

I thought it was pretty petulant as well.

Like I said, if one of our players came in at half time, whacked something out of frustration and broke their hand in the process it would be a different tune. It's a bad look, I wouldn’t be surprised someone in the media starts a story on his anger. He's opened himself up quite a bit in that regard.

bulldogtragic
20-07-2023, 10:30 AM

Like I said, if one of our players came in at half time, whacked something out of frustration and broke their hand in the process it would be a different tune. It's a bad look, I wouldn’t be surprised someone in the media starts a story on his anger. He's opened himself up quite a bit in that regard.

Pretend Barrett/Caro: Bevo can feel the pressure to resign, and as an angry man remember him at the Brownlow medal in 2015. Why else would he be punching poor, self defenceless whiteboards. He’s cracking under the pressure to resign, will he make the season out. Maybe not.

Bevo should explain what happened and take the oxygen out of it. I wonder who leaked it to the press and why?

Mantis
20-07-2023, 10:31 AM

Like I said, if one of our players came in at half time, whacked something out of frustration and broke their hand in the process it would be a different tune. It's a bad look, I wouldn?t be surprised someone in the media starts a story on his anger. He's opened himself up quite a bit in that regard.

So what if Bevo was talking about a key focus area or message that was written on the whiteboard which wasn't being followed and in making his point has flung his hand back and struck the corner of the whiteboard, and in doing so has injured his hand (the injury is on top of the hand)?

I would think that the knuckles would be damaged if you punched a whiteboard.

Sedat
20-07-2023, 10:40 AM
Bevo should explain what happened and take the oxygen out of it. I wonder who leaked it to the press and why?
I think he should make no comments whatsoever on it moving forward, as that is exactly what the bottom-feeders want to keep feeding this non-story.

What is far more important is your 2nd point. Who the fark is leaking within our club, and cut out that cancer once and for all. Shit clubs leak to the press - have a look at Gold Coast in recent weeks. This is where KW-W and Bains need to get proactive and flush the rat out. Our club should be absolutely watertight, in lock-step and unified from the top down.

azabob
20-07-2023, 10:44 AM

What is far more important is your 2nd point. Who the fark is leaking within our club, and cut out that cancer once and for all. Shit clubs leak to the press - have a look at Gold Coast in recent weeks. This is where KW-W and Bains need to get proactive and flush the rat out. Our club should be absolutely watertight, in lock-step and unified from the top down.

Who said it was from our club?

He went into hospital and had an operation on Friday. I'm surprise it took this long to surface.

The Bulldogs Bite
20-07-2023, 10:46 AM
I actually don't care.

At least it shows he cares. If anything I've wondered if he's hard enough on the group.

bulldogtragic
20-07-2023, 10:50 AM

He went into hospital and had an operation on Friday. I'm surprise it took this long to surface.

How did they know it was half time? How did they know it was a white board? How did they know it was a deliberate punch? How did they know his state of mind? (Ie anger) Not all that many would know the finer details. But the media do somehow.

Sedat
20-07-2023, 10:52 AM

That's a fair call and I hope that is the case.

We leaked in the lead-up to the 2021 GF with that "Freed From Desire" debacle that Melbourne then rubbed in our faces after they won the GF. Exposing a motivational song/theme might seem like small potatoes but I hated it - that stuff is inner sanctum and precious to team and club, and the leaker had no right to divulge anything.

azabob
20-07-2023, 10:54 AM
How did they know it was half time? How did they know it was a white board? How did they know it was a deliberate punch? How did they know his state of mind? (Ie anger) Not all that many would know the finer details. But the media do somehow.

The game was shown on the public broadcaster. As soon as you hear his hand was broken you go and look for footage. His hand blew up and bruised during the game.

They are reporting it was a whiteboard, they are reporting he was angry.

Could be true, could all be assumptions.

azabob
20-07-2023, 10:55 AM

We leaked in the lead-up to the 2021 GF with that "Freed From Desire" debacle that Melbourne then rubbed in our faces after they won the GF. Exposing a motivational song/theme might seem like small potatoes but I hated it - that stuff is inner sanctum and precious to team and club, and the leaker had no right to divulge anything.

So do I.

Yes, I did forget about the Freed from desire debacle...

Jeanette54
20-07-2023, 10:56 AM
I actually don't care.

At least it shows he cares. If anything I've wondered if he's hard enough on the group.

Totally agree. I really don't understand the angst, soul searching and hand wringing (ouch) being indulged in by certain posters on this site.

bulldogtragic
20-07-2023, 10:58 AM
The game was shown on the public broadcaster. As soon as you hear his hand was broken you go and look for footage. His hand blew up and bruised during the game.

They are reporting it was a whiteboard, they are reporting he was angry.

Could be true, could all be assumptions.

I smell a rat. Might not be malicious. But it has a ratty smell.

Grantysghost
20-07-2023, 11:03 AM
I think he should make no comments whatsoever on it moving forward, as that is exactly what the bottom-feeders want to keep feeding this non-story.

Can't wait for the next press conference.

https://media.giphy.com/media/QmcuB58dRfmZx1KW1Y/giphy.gif

G-Mo77
20-07-2023, 11:06 AM
Totally agree. I really don't understand the angst, soul searching and hand wringing (ouch) being indulged in by certain posters on this site.

By me you mean? I'm the only one who really took exception to it and debating it. Would it be better if I congratulated him on a violent outburst? Would that make you feel better? It was stupid, I'll stand by that. He should know better.

Grantysghost
20-07-2023, 11:07 AM

It's great theatre though Sedat! Although we seemed to have let that rivalry die. We should be stoking those embers Jack Watts and Tom Bugg style.... (think they said they were coming for JJ at one point - flogs).

GVGjr
20-07-2023, 11:08 AM
I actually don't care.

I've never doubt his passion or how much he hurts after a loss.

By the way wasn't his hand wrapped at the presser?

Grantysghost
20-07-2023, 11:09 AM
By me you mean? I'm the only one who really took exception to it and debating it. Would it be better if I congratulated him on a violent outburst? Would that make you feel better? It was stupid, I'll stand by that. He should know better.

Your point is valid.

I think it's at the lower end of the scale though in terms of dumb acts.

I doubt he full fisted it, probably a thump for emphasis that hit something he didn't mean to.

1eyedog
20-07-2023, 11:16 AM

I mean, a part-time trainer strapping on some ice maybe?

Grantysghost
20-07-2023, 11:21 AM
It's great theatre though Sedat! Although we seemed to have let that rivalry die. We should be stoking those embers Jack Watts and Tom Bugg style.... (think they said they were coming for JJ at one point - flogs).

Discuss.

https://i.postimg.cc/NFztLXy6/2023-07-20-10-20-38-Jack-Watts-Opens-Up-On-That-Tom-Bugg-Instagram-Post-Triple-M-Mozilla-Firefox.png (https://postimages.org/)

Rocket Science
20-07-2023, 01:52 PM
I'm sorry but too many of you are having opinions about whiteboards asking for it and not enough of you are having opinions about Napoli sauce analogies (https://7plus.com.au/the-front-bar).

bornadog
20-07-2023, 02:13 PM
You can listen to Bevo explain it here (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/1384491/luke-beveridge-it-can-t-be-too-little-too-late-?videoId=1384491&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1689820273001) - mountain made out of a mole hill

mjp
20-07-2023, 02:16 PM
You can listen to Bevo explain it...

It was CLUMSY??

I mean, I'm actually not too bothered and the bones in your hand are small and vulnerable, but if you bang a whiteboard as a point of emphasis then that isn't 'CLUMSY'. The outcome might be UNLUCKY but it isn't clumsy.

bornadog
20-07-2023, 02:19 PM
It was CLUMSY??

I mean, I'm actually not too bothered and the bones in your hand are small and vulnerable, but if you bang a whiteboard as a point of emphasis then that isn't 'CLUMSY'. The outcome might be UNLUCKY but it isn't clumsy.

The way I read into, it was clumsy in that he hit the wrong spot on the board - probably the edging which has a metal frame.

MJP - what did you make of the pause in response to a question where he had a long think then said he would rather not say?

mjp
20-07-2023, 02:31 PM
The way I read into, it was clumsy in that he hit the wrong spot on the board - probably the edging which has a metal frame.

LOL. Yeah...that's not clumsy...that's hitting a wall ON PURPOSE and injuring yourself. Clumsy is tripping when walking and spilling a drink on yourself. I think it was unlucky but have no other thoughts really...as he went on to say, sometimes players need a bit of 'something' from their coach, he was 'bringing' that something and whacked the whiteboard to emphasise a point...

MJP - what did you make of the pause in response to a question where he had a long think then said he would rather not say?

I think he was just weighing up whether to make the journo's wait for team selection and decided on balance there was nothing to gain by revealing his hand. Didn't think there was much in it...based on his reaction I don't think it's big news...

GVGjr
20-07-2023, 02:56 PM
Not worried about it in the slightest. He is fine and getting a bit animated comes with the job.

chef
20-07-2023, 03:09 PM

Do we actually even know how and what he was doing when he broke it?

He could have been throwing his hand back to point for all we know.

G-Mo77
20-07-2023, 03:22 PM
You can listen to Bevo explain it here (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/1384491/luke-beveridge-it-can-t-be-too-little-too-late-?videoId=1384491&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1689820273001) - mountain made out of a mole hill

Yes, an accident and clumsy. I stand corrected :o

He looked embarrassed and awkward answering the questions. Lesson learned I guess like the reporter said.

MrMahatma
20-07-2023, 03:59 PM
I always find him interesting when interviewed. It's sometimes hard to really understand what he's trying to say. Goes around in circles a bit. Not like he didn't know they were gonna ask the question. "Yeah, I got a little excited and hit the whiteboard to emphasise a point. I'd misjudged where I was in the room and wacked the side of the board and busted my hand. No issue. Bloody hurt though!"

merantau
20-07-2023, 04:32 PM
I am happy to see that he has that PASSION. Sorry that it took a broken hand to bring it to light. For some time I'd been wondering if his closeness, the emotional intensity, the seemingly unwavering support he gives to players reduces his effectiveness. It's reassuring to me to see that he can call a spade a spade when it's warranted.

josie
20-07-2023, 05:14 PM
I'm sorry but too many of you are having opinions about whiteboards asking for it and not enough of you are having opinions about Napoli sauce analogies (https://7plus.com.au/the-front-bar).

How far in RS? Thanks.

bornadog
20-07-2023, 05:35 PM
From the presser today:

In better news for the club, important but out-of-form midfielder Bailey Smith will return for the vital match against Essendon on Friday night after an illness.

Smith missed the trip to Sydney and has been at the centre of trade speculation, which Beveridge last week described as "disrespectful" and "pungent".

"Bailey's finding his way back to his best form. In the role that he's playing for our team, he has got the capacity to be our best player, week in, week out, and we're going to help him get there," Beveridge said.

"And that's probably why I get a little bit agitated and protective of Bailey because he's been through a fair bit.

"Even this morning (Thursday), he doesn't have to, but he came up and thanked me for the support that I give him publicly, because I love him, and I want him to be OK."

jeemak
20-07-2023, 06:06 PM
What I really enjoyed was Bevo telling everyone that it's not a secret that we don't play six forwards and that Smith is playing as a midfielder just like he did in the 2021 finals series and at the start of 2022. Also said just because you're not attending centre bounces all the time it doesn't mean you're not playing midfield and that stats reflecting centre bounce attendances are unreliable.

Rocket Science
20-07-2023, 06:27 PM
How far in RS? Thanks.

Roughly 15 minutes in with our resident head chef regaling some very amused boys with the parallels between the average Italian restaurant menu and the core of our game plan, as you do ...

https://i.ibb.co/kBt3v4d/Screen-Shot-2023-07-20-at-5-18-05-pm.png (https://ibb.co/zxz8DXk)

https://i.ibb.co/grm0hM2/Screen-Shot-2023-07-20-at-5-18-20-pm.png (https://ibb.co/yNdz7n9)

Genuinely salivating over this helping of peak-Bevo while wondering what this secret sauce of ours is, whether we've got the recipe right, or whether it's time to pivot to a Carbonara or some back-to-basics aglio-olio.

One thing I'm sure of is, Libba's absolutely buying it.

BornInDroopSt'54
21-07-2023, 02:20 AM

Like I said, if one of our players came in at half time, whacked something out of frustration and broke their hand in the process it would be a different tune. It's a bad look, I wouldn?t be surprised someone in the media starts a story on his anger. He's opened himself up quite a bit in that regard.

You are projecting he was petulant., that's your story not Bevo's.
Hissy fit over nothing.
You presume and project too much making a fool of Bevo you think but really of yourself.

BornInDroopSt'54
21-07-2023, 02:41 AM
The Age:
"When it comes to his Western Bulldogs and their premiership chances, coach Luke Beveridge will do all he can to will his side to its best form. He even has an injured hand to show for it.
Beveridge revealed on Thursday that he broke his hand during his half-time speech in the side?s narrow loss to Sydney Swans last round.

He didn?t describe the action which led to the injury but said he was trying to ?animate? his side and wasn?t speaking in an aggressive manner, rather he just did something clumsy.

?We came out at half-time with some uncertainty of how many boys were available and reading the room and mood, I needed to raise the energy,? Beveridge said on Thursday.
?It was quite innocuous, a little bit clumsy, but I carried on and it didn?t affect me.
?It?s all fixed. One day, it might be a couple of paragraphs in a book.?

Beveridge added he was controlling his emotions during the team talk and he remained convinced his side had all the makings of a premiership contender if they could find a way to earn a spot in the finals.

?I love and care for the group and the emotion around the motivation, sometimes you need the coach to be animated, it purely an accident more than anything,? Beveridge said.

?If you are worried about me emotionally, no need, I?m totally in control and as much as we have our challenges, I?m enjoying the fact there is a strong belief and resolve and really looking forward to the game this week.?

He also spoke out in defence of star midfielder Bailey Smith who returns from illness for Friday night?s clash with Essendon at Marvel Stadium and backed the star midfielder to again be a match winner as they chase a finals spot."

jeemak
21-07-2023, 03:41 AM
It all sounds very unhinged to me.

The guy goes out of his way to emphasise how much he loves the focus of his aggression, he even said it was just clumsy. I reckon he's done. They've been quiet but as soon as the Whiteboard United Advocacy for Fair Treatment of Whiteboards (WUAFFTW) group gets onto this it's going to blow up.

G-Mo77
21-07-2023, 04:10 AM
Hissy fit over nothing.
You presume and project too much making a fool of Bevo you think but really of yourself.

Oh piss off and read what I was talking about. I was talking about Brendan Goddard knocking over the lollies.

BornInDroopSt'54
21-07-2023, 01:41 PM
Oh piss off and read what I was talking about. I was talking about Brendan Goddard knocking over the lollies.
As a comparison to Bevo.

BornInDroopSt'54
21-07-2023, 01:45 PM

The guy goes out of his way to emphasise how much he loves the focus of his aggression, he even said it was just clumsy. I reckon he's done. They've been quiet but as soon as the Whiteboard United Advocacy for Fair Treatment of Whiteboards (WUAFFTW) group gets onto this it's going to blow up.

Well you are a law unto yourself.
I don't see unhinged.
I see a balalanced man handling pressure and being passionate to fire the team.
You push agendas and support them well as is your practice.
I reject that Bevo is unhinged and gone.
I do believe several here push their petulant opinions onto the club.
I learnt and studied not to be opinionated.
We know nothing, all we have are beliefs.
So when we talk of the club we project our beliefs, our anxieties and desires certainly not the truth.
So we then use logic, rationality and rhetoric to sell our beliefs!
Imposing our beliefs over the clubs is part of it.
That is what most do.
I defer to the clubs beliefs as better founded than mine. I am a bit different.
I see that as members our experience is vicarious.
Not so coaches and players, there in there doing it..i defer to that.
Sure we are the gallery and so we engage from there.
I respect you Jeemak as the personality here, you are amazing, I mean no offence. Just my view.

Mantis
21-07-2023, 02:53 PM
Hissy fit over nothing.

WTF is this about?

Drink a few too many chardonnays watching the cricket did we?

Mofra
21-07-2023, 03:26 PM

Great way to out yourself as a paid shill for Big-Whiteboardy

We're onto you!

Sedat
21-07-2023, 03:32 PM
IMO, it was an overly complicated and clumsy explanation with too much irrelevant information (Mood of the moment? Energy levels? Love and care for the players?).

Less is more. Let the gutter rats in the media continue to clutch their pearls - they will anyway.

Grantysghost
21-07-2023, 03:40 PM
IMO, it was an overly complicated and clumsy explanation with too much irrelevant information (Mood of the moment? Energy levels? Love and care for the players?).

Less is more. Let the gutter rats in the media continue to clutch their pearls - they will anyway.

I tend to agree. He kind of went in with a mindset of levity and then changed tack when the dark side engulfed him!

Give a statement, don't answer questions. I hit the whiteboard emphasising a point and hurt my hand. We move on.

BornInDroopSt'54
21-07-2023, 04:55 PM
WTF is this about?

Drink a few too many chardonnays watching the cricket did we?

Sorry if I projected someone else's anti Bevo's post. Will reread to clarify :)

BornInDroopSt'54
21-07-2023, 04:56 PM
Did you or anyone else ⁸feel the same way when Brendan Goddard knocked the teams lollies off the table. :D
Mia culpa.
Sorry I thought you were saying Bevo was like Goddard.
I now ⁹get that you were saying crying over spilt milk and joking.. peace and live bro.

jeemak
21-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Well you are a law unto yourself.
I don't see unhinged.
I see a balalanced man handling pressure and being passionate to fire the team.
You push agendas and support them well as is your practice.
I reject that Bevo is unhinged and gone.
I do believe several here push their petulant opinions onto the club.
I learnt and studied not to be opinionated.
We know nothing, all we have are beliefs.
So when we talk of the club we project our beliefs, our anxieties and desires certainly not the truth.
So we then use logic, rationality and rhetoric to sell our beliefs!
Imposing our beliefs over the clubs is part of it.
That is what most do.
I defer to the clubs beliefs as better founded than mine. I am a bit different.
I see that as members our experience is vicarious.
Not so coaches and players, there in there doing it..i defer to that.
Sure we are the gallery and so we engage from there.
I respect you Jeemak as the personality here, you are amazing, I mean no offence. Just my view.

Not sure you're picking up what I'm putting down mate.