PDA

View Full Version : The Where To Sit Thread (and other stadium and game day related matters)

The Adelaide Connection
19-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Hi all,

Thought I would start this thread (very selfishly as I am about to come over for a string of games) because there doesn't seem to be anywhere on WOOf in particular where one can get good information about each ground. I remember seeing random posts about what bay the cheer squad are in, which side of the ground is impacted by sun, the best bar to drink before a game etc. but I thought maybe somewhere where people (like me) can ask questions (or offer information) that is all collated in one place might be handy.

I think I speak on behalf of all interstaters/non-regulars at games when I say that any advice/suggestions/warnings that anyone can give would be really appreciated. I am sure those living in other parts of the country with an intimate knowledge of their home stadiums will return the favour.

Cheers.

P.s The photo was a mate of mine who went to a game at Subiaco to find this was his seat:

bornadog
19-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Etihad Stadium to kick things off

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/seatingmaps/etihad.gif

The Adelaide Connection
19-04-2016, 04:44 PM
My first question is (roughly) what row seats start going underneath the bay above at Etihad?
I bought L1 tickets that were underneath L2 a few years ago (towards the back) and it was a weird experience with all crowd sound sort of muffled and the atmosphere was (in my opinion) really impacted.

F'scary
20-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Hi AC. I find that level 3 general admission suits me, I like the elevated view round about isle 32, 33 or 34 where it is usually not that packed out, something I prefer to a point. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but in case that's your preference There is bar, food and facilities nearby. The scoreboard is reasonably close across the other pocket.

But if you want the full-on real supporter atmosphere, level 1 on the wing (gate 5) - can't be beaten. I was lucky enough to sit there last season courtesy of 1eyedog. I don't know about tickets though.

bornadog
20-04-2016, 06:09 PM
For me level two is the best seat in the house at Etihad. My seats are around aisle 31, right on the 50metre line.

The Victory room (Bulldogs Social Club ) is located around level 1, aisle 14, 15 (on memory) if you want to be near there.

Eastdog
20-04-2016, 06:51 PM
My seat for home games is Level 1 around aisle 33 and the atmosphere around where I am is fantastic. We have a supporter who sits front row on the fence L1 Aisle 33 and when we score a goal he runs up the rows and start the Bulldog chant. Very passionate Bulldog people around here.

Eastdog
20-04-2016, 06:54 PM
But if you want the full-on real supporter atmosphere, level 1 on the wing (gate 5) - can't be beaten. I was lucky enough to sit there last season courtesy of 1eyedog. I don't know about tickets though.

Yep agree F'scary. Great area Level 1 Gate 5 where I am for home games. Level 1 Gate 7 near our cheer squad I'd imagine is very good as well.

1eyedog
20-04-2016, 07:31 PM
My first question is (roughly) what row seats start going underneath the bay above at Etihad?
I bought L1 tickets that were underneath L2 a few years ago (towards the back) and it was a weird experience with all crowd sound sort of muffled and the atmosphere was (in my opinion) really impacted.

Row K back on level 1 you're likely going to start being under the floor of the level 2 stand.

comrade
20-04-2016, 10:16 PM
Had Centre Wing tickets for the first few weeks and it's an awesome spot to watch the game.

aker39
20-04-2016, 10:26 PM
At the MCG, seats on level 1 with a double letter row (eg Row AA) are undercover.

The Adelaide Connection
21-04-2016, 02:08 AM
Thanks all for the input, that is a huge help. I have sat on the wing on both Level 1 and 2 a few times, and whilst I think the view over the ground is superior on L2 I remember the atmosphere being better on L1. If I get L1 I want to get as far back without having the overhang of L2 so thanks for that 1eyedog.

I managed to get some Level 2a seats at the Mcg for the Hawthorn v Adelaide game (which will be the first time I have sat on this level) and by this time tomorrow I should have sorted my seats for the Lions game (will probably just upgrade my membership GA tickets) and the North Melbourne game.

I might actually try to get some use out of my social club and head along before the game (had it for almost ten years and have only been to the Victory room once).

1eyedog
21-04-2016, 05:48 AM
Hi AC. I find that level 3 general admission suits me, I like the elevated view round about isle 32, 33 or 34 where it is usually not that packed out, something I prefer to a point. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but in case that's your preference There is bar, food and facilities nearby. The scoreboard is reasonably close across the other pocket.

Hope to see you back again Nick just drop me a PM. Send me a PM AC when you'll be at the game if you want to check out L1 wing.

G-Mo77
21-04-2016, 12:09 PM
Centre wing, Level 1. What a gift the WB gave me when they issued me that seat.

Eastdog
22-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Hope to see you back again Nick just drop me a PM. Send me a PM AC when you'll be at the game if you want to check out L1 wing.

I'm L1 A33 which aisle are you in 1eyedog? As F'scary said the passion of the people where I sit is great.

Eastdog
25-04-2016, 04:25 PM
For all away games at Etihad our cheer squad sit at the Coventry End around Level 1 Aisle 48.

The Adelaide Connection
26-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the offer (even though I didn't see it in time).

I ended up scoring some Medallion Club Level 2 tickets. They were in the back row in the forward pocket but was able to sneak into some middle of the ground seats after halftime. My aim is to try to get back on Level 2 for when I fly back for Friday nights game, but if not I might try to get some tickets in a bay close to the cheer squad on L1.

Eastdog
26-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Im sitting near our cheer squad Level 1 Aisle 48.

bornadog
26-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the offer (even though I didn't see it in time).

I ended up scoring some Medallion Club Level 2 tickets. They were in the back row in the forward pocket but was able to sneak into some middle of the ground seats after halftime. My aim is to try to get back on Level 2 for when I fly back for Friday nights game, but if not I might try to get some tickets in a bay close to the cheer squad on L1.

Not much left on level 2 for Friday.

The Adelaide Connection
27-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Not much left on level 2 for Friday.

Yeah I had a look today and it is getting close to capacity. Level 3 is almost completely sold out, Level 2 is down to about 4 bays worth of tickets in either pocket on the Wurundjeri Way side, and L1 is down to tickets between the arcs on either end. There are almost full bays available around our cheersquad on either side and the bay that our cheersquad is in still had probably 3/4 available (but you need an invite code to be able to purchase them). Hopefully our fans make a late rush for tickets.

I have managed to get into L2, Aisle 10 (Medallion club). Bought them off Ebay for less than it would have cost me to buy L2 via Ticketmaster.