Sun April 24

St Kilda v GWS Giants Etihad Stadium 1.10pm

Fremantle v Carlton Subiaco Oval 4.15pm

Melbourne v Richmond MCG 7.10pm

Mon April 25

Collingwood v Essendon MCG 3.20pm

Go_Dogs
22-04-2016, 01:43 PM
Should be a cracking game tonight, the Hawks deserve to be favourites, but I won't be surprised if the Crows get over the line.

Mantis
22-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Might take the chance to get some brownie points on Sunday & Monday.. What a bore fest!

But some good games before then starting tonight... Looking forward to seeing how the Cows go on the big stage.

Bulldog4life
22-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Might take the chance to get some brownie points on Sunday & Monday.. What a bore fest!

But some good games before then starting tonight... Looking forward to seeing how the Cows go on the big stage.

Great idea Mantis. I have a year long brownie point system. I get to choose the television shows on tv during the footy season and the good wife chooses the rest of the year. Works well except over summer sometimes I'm thinking Why am I watching this?

Ozza
22-04-2016, 03:25 PM
I'm going to the crows/hawks tonight. Potentially a cracker of a game.

Unfortunately have to miss seeing the dogs game live due to a wedding. Filthy result.

hujsh
22-04-2016, 05:21 PM
ANZAC game might be boooooring but considering sharing it around would be 'disrespectful (http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/apr/22/worsfold-calls-for-dons-and-pies-to-share-anzac-day-are-disrespectful)'

F'scary
22-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Over the top, Buckley...and don't let the Sargent Major's boot hit your arse on the way out.

Remi Moses
22-04-2016, 05:47 PM
As a mate of mine so succinctly put it, if we're going to draw comparisons between football and War , let's put a few Turkish snipers up in the stand to make it interesting . Isn't Anzac Day about Essendon and friggin Collingwood

Twodogs
22-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Should be a cracking game tonight, the Hawks deserve to be favourites, but I won't be surprised if the Crows get over the line.

Hawks have been a bit shaky the last couple of weeks and were extremely lucky to bear either us or St Kilda let alone both of us by the combined total of one goal. I know the footy gods have been doting on them for a long while now but that sort of longevity only means that the reversal of fortune will be swift and deep when it does come.

ledge
22-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Good game so far .. A shoot out.

Dancin' Douggy
22-04-2016, 09:24 PM
It's official, the umpires barrack for hawthorn.

ledge
22-04-2016, 09:27 PM
And Bruce .. Adelaide 16 points up at qtr time and Bruce states "hawks have done well here !"
My god he irks me.

Dancin' Douggy
22-04-2016, 09:34 PM
Eeeeuuuuggghhh. Macavaney is creepy

Greystache
22-04-2016, 09:38 PM
Do you think Bruce is wearing pants?

bulldogtragic
22-04-2016, 09:42 PM
It'd be a perfect neutral game to watch if not for shithouse 'commentary'.

ledge
22-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Can Bruce call a game for more than 10 minutes without mentioning Carey ?
"Carey like " Is his catch call

bulldogtragic
22-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Can Bruce call a game for more than 10 minutes without mentioning Carey ?
"Carey like " Is his catch call

I thought it was 'right Lingy?'

bulldogtragic
22-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Might turn the volume to mute. I like the noise of the game, but this is inane.

azabob
22-04-2016, 09:50 PM
To think it will only get worse when Brian Taylor joins Friday nights.

ledge
Now it's front seats at a broadway play .. Bruce shut up and Ling stop being such a leech, is Bruce paying you to back up everything he says ?
Great game, just turn off the commentary.

azabob
Ling is the worst of the lot.

Remi Moses
22-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Bruce and Cyril need to get a room

Greystache
22-04-2016, 10:12 PM

Foxtel should have press red for game only sound. It would be massively popular.

jeemak
22-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Bruce and Cyril need to get a room

What makes you think Cyril wants anything to do with it? Bruce is a depraved maniac who can barely keep it together, I can't imagine why Cyril would want to be confined to a room with him.

ledge
22-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Apparently Cyril is a very shy person and Bruce embarrasses him.

jeemak
22-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Apparently Cyril is a very shy person and Bruce embarrasses him.

That's part of the attraction for Bruce. Just like a creepy uncle who says inappropriate things at family functions.

1eyedog
22-04-2016, 10:50 PM
That's part of the attraction for Bruce. Just like a creepy uncle who says inappropriate things at family functions.

We all have one.

G-Mo77
22-04-2016, 10:56 PM
I get sick of hearing them bang on about Rioli. It's not just Bruce. Anything he does is "brilliant" A simple tap on will bring replays and oohs and ahhs from those 4 clowns. It's sickening.

1eyedog
22-04-2016, 11:21 PM
If Hawthorn win by 3 points I'll spew up.

Dancin' Douggy
22-04-2016, 11:22 PM
Umpires should wear hawthorn jumpers

1eyedog
22-04-2016, 11:27 PM
They're going to. 3 points 3 weeks in a row WTF!

Dancin' Douggy
22-04-2016, 11:29 PM
Really really really hate hawthorn

Eastdog
22-04-2016, 11:30 PM
Really really really hate hawthorn

Me too mate. I'm sick of them now.

Hotdog60
22-04-2016, 11:30 PM

I'll get the bucket.

G-Mo77
22-04-2016, 11:31 PM
At least we aren't the only team that throws matches like that. Crows choked up late in that one.

Eastdog
22-04-2016, 11:32 PM
Will get them next time.

Sedat
22-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Puopolo is a more complete player than he is given credit for. Better small forward than Breust now.

Flamethrower
22-04-2016, 11:39 PM
Always great to see Adelaide lose. It'll be music to my ears to hear their salty fans whine about the umpires when it their own players who choked big time.

Greystache
22-04-2016, 11:41 PM
When the wheel starts to turn and Hawthorn don't get every 50-50 decision going their way they are going to fall off the cliff in a huge way. They are teetering right now.

SonofScray
22-04-2016, 11:46 PM
3 wins by 3 points in the past three games, infuriating.

They just keep nailing their opportunities, some of which are gifted to them by the umpires when the opposition are not afforded the same.

Twodogs
22-04-2016, 11:47 PM
It's official, the umpires barrack for hawthorn.

I am coming very close to not bothering with football until the umpires start to take their job seriously and give other clubs apart from Hawthorn a chance at winning games. They can stick their comp up their clacker until the bullshit cheating stops.

Hawthorn are a joke.

Remi Moses
22-04-2016, 11:49 PM
Smith missing Seedsman cost them the game .

GVGjr
22-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Cracking game. If anyone had doubts about Adelaide they should have a rethink

Remi Moses
22-04-2016, 11:51 PM
I am coming very close to not bothering with football until the umpires start to take their job seriously and give other clubs apart from Hawthorn a chance at winning games. They can stick their comp up their clacker until the bullshit cheating stops.

Hawthorn are a joke.
They got the best of the umpiring as I saw it, and Smith was holding it .
The free against Tex was awful, an we're all sick of them

bornadog
22-04-2016, 11:54 PM
They got the best of the umpiring as I saw it, and Smith was holding it .
The free against Tex was awful, an we're all sick of them
I don't understand why the umpire gave that free against Tex. Certain goal for Adelaide.

Sedat
22-04-2016, 11:55 PM
When the wheel starts to turn and Hawthorn don't get every 50-50 decision going their way they are going to fall off the cliff in a huge way. They are teetering right now.
Apart from the late 90's and mid 00's, the wheels haven't come off since 1971. They need to suffer 50 years of consecutive failure for the ledger to come close to balancing out.

Twodogs
22-04-2016, 11:59 PM

Foxtel should have press red for game only sound. It would be massively popular.

I'd listen to crowd sounds rather than commentary. They could broadcast it on their other channels.

I get sick of hearing them bang on about Rioli. It's not just Bruce. Anything he does is "brilliant" A simple tap on will bring replays and oohs and ahhs from those 4 clowns. It's sickening.

I put the radio on and opit was worse.

Clean up in post number 29 please

Will get them next time.

we are better than them.

Twodogs
23-04-2016, 12:01 AM
Apart from the late 90's and mid 00's, the wheels haven't come off since 1971. They need to suffer 50 years of consecutive failure for the ledger to come close to balancing out.

They're due then.

jeemak
23-04-2016, 12:05 AM

I can't wait for their self entitled twerp fans to cop some negativity. They're genuinely disgusting white bread ignoramuses, who don't deserve what they've had come to them.

Go_Dogs
23-04-2016, 12:06 AM
Hawks have been a bit shaky the last couple of weeks and were extremely lucky to bear either us or St Kilda let alone both of us by the combined total of one goal. I know the footy gods have been doting on them for a long while now but that sort of longevity only means that the reversal of fortune will be swift and deep when it does come.

Went along tonight ad hope you're right. Let them have the close ones now and not September.

Greystache
23-04-2016, 12:11 AM

Not talking about the wheels coming off, just saying when they start to lose a few close games then all of a sudden the umpires stop trying to get them over the line and they drop like a stone. They're only a couple of goals here and there from it happening now.

Greystache
23-04-2016, 12:13 AM
I can't wait for their self entitled twerp fans to cop some negativity. They're genuinely disgusting white bread ignoramuses, who don't deserve what they've had come to them.

I was listening to a couple of them boast about the last few seasons last week to which I replied it'll nice for them to have their weekend back once they start losing. Every one of them wants to argue they've stuck by during the hard times but the "3" on their scarf makes them an easy target.

jeemak
23-04-2016, 12:24 AM
I was listening to a couple of them boast about the last few seasons last week to which I replied it'll nice for them to have their weekend back once they start losing. Every one of them wants to argue they've stuck by during the hard times but the "3" on their scarf makes them an easy target.

There's genuinely three different layers of twerps among them.

The first layer came along with Kennett, the second with 2008. The third and biggest through Buddy, Hodgy and premierships 2013-2015.

What really sickens me though is the fact that any argument with these twerps is always headed off with a retort about premierships won and supporter sophistication because of it. They actually think they know more about football because they're barracking for a team that has won a few flags.

Sedat
23-04-2016, 12:30 AM
Not talking about the wheels coming off, just saying when they start to lose a few close games then all of a sudden the umpires stop trying to get them over the line and they drop like a stone. They're only a couple of goals here and there from it happening now.
I agree with your assertion that the end will come quickly for them. I actually don't think they can win the flag this year because they have an over-reliance on too few players, and have a group of mid-age players who are still not leading, moulding and shaping this team.

I do feel better about our loss to Hawthorn after seeing the last 2 weeks - we were stiff to lose because Sicily rolled the dice and skunked out the back. Adelaide's last 5 mins tonight were dreadful and St Kilda could not hold on kicking with a strong wind.

Greystache
23-04-2016, 01:56 AM
There's genuinely three different layers of wanker among them.

The first layer came along with Kennett, the second with 2008. The third and biggest through Buddy, Hodgy and premierships 2013-2015.

What really sickens me though is the fact that any argument with these dickheads is always headed off with a retort about premierships won and supporter sophistication because of it. They actually think they know more about football because they're barracking for a team that has won a few flags.

We actually had a Geelong supporter say that very thing to a group of us at a game 2 or 3 years ago. They genuinely believed supporting a team that had won premierships meant they understood the intricacies of the game better. Funniest of all they were a "kick it long", "get on your man", "pick them up" type of idiot spectator.

jeemak
23-04-2016, 02:03 AM
We actually had a Geelong supporter say that very thing to a group of us at a game 2 or 3 years ago. They genuinely believed supporting a team that had won premierships meant they understood the intricacies of the game better. Funniest of all they were a "kick it long", "get on your man", "pick them up" type of idiot spectator.

Back in the days when I read and posted on BF, the Geelong fans were out of control on that front after 2007.

Throughandthrough
23-04-2016, 09:59 AM
As someone who Ives in Adelaide, last nights result was excellent

Bulldog4life
23-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Neither team's defence is as good as ours.That just might make the difference in September.

Greystache
23-04-2016, 10:50 AM
These are starting to do the rounds.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT29L7GnSMjY7P_92LIWYoSsIy-O1pNZ6zE9YamR6E0i1im1JYR

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGT7pERyrR9LBQxbeb8pdSjNxT0dNsdEX0IR3_xzf Cyqhf3hF8GA

I haven't seen such a strong reaction from neutral fans about perceived favoritism from umpires late in a game. It's probably a culmination of 3 games in a row where the same team has won by a tiny margin with a number of contentious decisions going their way late. The AFL is on a knife's edge at the moment, more and more fans are becoming increasingly disillusioned by AFL manipulating the competition and are starting to question how legitimate the league actually is.

It also means people are questioning everything they hear and are less likely to buy the BS the AFL try to sell than they were in the past.

Bulldog4life
23-04-2016, 10:52 AM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT29L7GnSMjY7P_92LIWYoSsIy-O1pNZ6zE9YamR6E0i1im1JYR

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGT7pERyrR9LBQxbeb8pdSjNxT0dNsdEX0IR3_xzf Cyqhf3hF8GA

I haven't seen such a strong reaction from neutral fans about perceived favoritism from umpires late in a game. It's probably a culmination of 3 games in a row where the same team has won by a tiny margin with a number of contentious decisions going their way late. The AFL is on a knife's edge at the moment, more and more fans are becoming increasingly disillusioned by AFL manipulating the competition and are starting to question how legitimate the league actually is.

It also means people are questioning everything they hear and are less likely to buy the BS the AFL try to sell than they were in the past.

The good thing about this week is that it happened to Adelaide. Chokers!

The Underdog
23-04-2016, 10:59 AM

While I'm not going to defend the umpires, I haven't seen anyone point out that Tex Walker was paid a mark that he didn't hold in the last few minutes. If he kicks a goal instead of hitting the post, the Cows win.

G-Mo77
23-04-2016, 11:23 AM
While I'm not going to defend the umpires, I haven't seen anyone point out that Tex Walker was paid a mark that he didn't hold in the last few minutes. If he kicks a goal instead of hitting the post, the Cows win.

That was a mark in my books. Free kick to Puoplo was there. Non call in the last 5 seconds was disgraceful.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Surely Hawthorn's decline is imminent. Mitchell, Pop, Rioli and a couple of others are genuinely holding that side together right now.

It does feel like some sides are blessed with luck (Hawthorn, Geelong) whilst others are cursed (Saints, us). As much as you make your own luck, you still need a few "fortunate" bounces/decisions to go your way in close games which we never, ever get and which Hawthorn routinely seem to get.

I was at the game last night, and the amount of times the ball rolled out to the hands of a Hawthorn player in the last 5 minutes was astounding. Well positioned? Sure, but there's a bit of ass about that win (and the two before it).

Frustrating.

The Underdog
23-04-2016, 11:27 AM
That was a mark in my books. Free kick to Puoplo was there. Non call in the last 5 seconds was disgraceful.

I didn't think Tex held it long enough in slow mo let alone real time. Agree on the other 2.

G-Mo77
23-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Surely Hawthorn's decline is imminent. Mitchell, Pop, Rioli and a couple of others are genuinely holding that side together right now.

It does feel like some sides are blessed with luck (Hawthorn, Geelong) whilst others are cursed (Saints, us).

I think it is as well but they're still going to be hard to beat this season. Guys who they rate and the general public thought were top class players are (IMO) starting to show some signs they are not that great. Gunston, Bruest and Smith really need some better players around them to look good.

G-Mo77
23-04-2016, 11:31 AM
I didn't think Tex held it long enough in slow mo let alone real time. Agree on the other 2.

He clunked it so they often pay them. If it were Tom Boyd though it would have been play on. Seen him clunk a few similar to that and weren't paid.

bornadog
23-04-2016, 01:10 PM

It was chopped out of his hands as he came to ground

bornadog
23-04-2016, 01:12 PM
Neither team's defence is as good as ours.That just might make the difference in September.

Bit of a shoot out with both kicking 17

Twodogs
23-04-2016, 01:34 PM
As someone who Ives in Adelaide, last nights result was excellent

Many more will suffer in Melbourne. You don't have the self entitled wanker element of the hawthorn supporter yet. Yet. I can see them moving to Adelaide and becoming crows supporters in the end.

That's a good thing.

It does feel like some sides are blessed with luck (Hawthorn, Geelong) whilst others are cursed (Saints, us). As much as you make your own luck, you still need a few "fortunate" bounces/decisions to go your way in close games which we never, ever get and which Hawthorn routinely seem to get.

I was at the game last night, and the amount of times the ball rolled out to the hands of a Hawthorn player in the last 5 minutes was astounding. Well positioned? Sure, but there's a bit of ass about that win (and the two before it).

Frustrating.

They'll get theirs. And when they do I'll be the guy at the front punching the air.

Sedat
23-04-2016, 06:28 PM
He clunked it so they often pay them. If it were Tom Boyd though it would have been play on. Seen him clunk a few similar to that and weren't paid.
This is the nub of the umpiring issue - name players are given greater license. It is frustrating but it has no doubt been going on since the birth of the game.

jeemak
23-04-2016, 06:34 PM
This is the nub of the umpiring issue - name players are given greater license. It is frustrating but it has no doubt been going on since the birth of the game.

The first player I really noticed it with was Ablett Snr.

Sedat
23-04-2016, 06:52 PM
The first player I really noticed it with was Ablett Snr.
Noticing it right now with Todd Goldstein. Getting one of the great individual armchair rides I've seen in a while.

Rocket might break all world records tonight for number of hidden swear words muttered behind his hands. His team is having a real crack but they make some horrid decisions thst gift goals to the opposition.

1eyedog
23-04-2016, 07:20 PM

Definitely a mark.

Sedat
23-04-2016, 11:08 PM
Port are shot for the season. Firing up for 30 mins does not maketh a return to form.

Just an ordinary team with an ordinary defensive work ethic.

lemmon
23-04-2016, 11:32 PM
I wonder what Peter Wright is doing for the next 10-12 years? Kid's a gem.

KT31
24-04-2016, 12:00 AM
Norths Ben Cunnington should get a week or two for laying the knees into Ablett.

EasternWest
24-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Norths Ben Cunnington should get a week or two for laying the knees into Ablett.

That was shite.

bornadog
24-04-2016, 11:35 AM

Typical snipers North. That wasn't the only snipping they did to Ablett throughout the match.

Bulldog4life
24-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Fremantle's fumbling is horrendous.

Rocket Science
24-04-2016, 06:39 PM
It won't happen, but it's fun to imagine the fallout if they fell to the lowly Carlton...

AT HOME.

Rocket Science
24-04-2016, 07:29 PM
One Liam Jones doing his bit to manufacture the upset.

Tee hee.

Rocket Science
24-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Liam, you are redeemed.

GVGjr
24-04-2016, 08:28 PM
If Hogan gets to play in front of big crowds like tonight enough I'd wonder why he would want to go back to WA.

I don't really care who wins tonight but it's good to see such an impressive crowd for a Sunday night game

jeemak
24-04-2016, 08:36 PM
If Hogan gets to play in front of big crowds like tonight enough I'd wonder why he would want to go back to WA.

I don't really care who wins tonight but it's good to see such an impressive crowd for a Sunday night game

It's a pretty good slot though, isn't it?

You'd expect a fairly big crowd between two Melbourne clubs on a Sunday night on a long weekend.

GVGjr
24-04-2016, 09:40 PM
It's a pretty good slot though, isn't it?

You'd expect a fairly big crowd between two Melbourne clubs on a Sunday night on a long weekend.

It's an under utilised slot for public holiday weekends.

GVGjr
24-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Max Gawn must be one of the most improved players over the last 2 seasons. I didn't think he was that much a couple of years back

G-Mo77
24-04-2016, 10:16 PM
This has been a really entertaining game to watch. Hope the Dees hold onto it.

Remi Moses
24-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Max Gawn set that win up in the first half, and Viney was super .
Gawn was drafted in 09, shows it takes time for some big blokes to come through

Dancin' Douggy
24-04-2016, 11:57 PM
Richmond really are a joke. I mean.............really

1eyedog
25-04-2016, 12:50 AM
Max Gawn set that win up in the first half, and Viney was super .
Gawn was drafted in 09, shows it takes time for some big blokes to come through

Two knee recos doesn't help

GVGjr
25-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Freo with no wins after 5 games is something I would have laughed at if anyone had suggested it to me at the start of the season.

Can anyone put their finger on the reasons why this has occurred? I read a couple of things that suggested they might slide and I think Brad Johnson predicted this as well but I doubt anyone saw this coming.

If it was almost anyone else other than Ross Lyon the coach would be under enormous media speculation about his future.

chef
25-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Just signed a 5 year extension too.

azabob
25-04-2016, 02:35 PM
What do posters make of Alex Rance's hit on Jack Watts?

Just on Freo, I think the reason he doesn't appear to be under the pump is because they are a WA team and the media prefer to focus on the VIC teams Collingwood and Richmond. I'd imagine in Perth he'd be under the pump.

To add to the Freo woes Fyfe looks like he will miss the remainder of the year due to injury.

GVGjr
25-04-2016, 02:38 PM

Just on Freo, I think the reason he doesn't appear to be under the pump is because they are a WA team and the media prefer to focus on the VIC teams Collingwood and Richmond. I'd imagine in Perth he'd be under the pump.

To add to the Freo woes Fyfe looks like he will miss the remainder of the year due to injury.

Poor act by Rance.

Lyon is signed until around the end of 2020 so most in the media would know not to waste their breath.

jeemak
25-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Rance showed he's a dog and a coward.

1eyedog
25-04-2016, 02:49 PM

Hilarious. I'd like to whack Watts in the back of the head as well. Not good for the kiddies though.

bornadog
25-04-2016, 02:54 PM

Shame about Fyfe, he is a great footballer and Freo will miss him.

ledge
25-04-2016, 03:03 PM
What's the injury ?

Hotdog60
25-04-2016, 03:11 PM
What's the injury ?

Fractured leg.

ledge
25-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Oh the one he broke last year ..
On Cunnington, they say he will just get a fine and Rance should get a couple of weeks .. To the head nothing to suggest anything happened before it and it was just like a king hit , the player had no way of knowinung it or expecting it, pretty low thing to do.

Ghost Dog
25-04-2016, 03:34 PM
Poor act by Rance.

Lyon is signed until around the end of 2020 so most in the media would know not to waste their breath.

Journalists are a bit intimidated by him I think. Mick would get narky but Lyon will chase you if you ask a stray question out of line.

Ghost Dog
25-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Rance showed he's a dog and a coward.

Now Jeemak, you are going to hurt a lot of people's feelings down at the Kingdom hall. tsk tsk. :D
but wait, calling him a dog is an insult to us!

westdog54
25-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Shame about Fyfe, he is a great footballer and Freo will miss him.

Agree, never good to see champion players injured.

I don't get what's happened to Fremantle, I really don't. Their lack of form at the moment is inexplicable and yesterday's loss inexcusable.

jeemak
25-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Now Jeemak, you are going to hurt a lot of people's feelings down at the Kingdom hall. tsk tsk. :D
but wait, calling him a dog is an insult to us!

Capitals are important in this instance.

As an atheist I don't have a deity to seek forgiveness from, so I can't afford to belt blokes in the back of the head without them knowing it's coming.

F'scary
25-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Capitals are important in this instance.

As an atheist I don't have a deity to seek forgiveness from, so I can't afford to belt blokes in the back of the head without them knowing it's coming.

God is Dog back-to-front

Sedat
25-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Freo with no wins after 5 games is something I would have laughed at if anyone had suggested it to me at the start of the season.

Can anyone put their finger on the reasons why this has occurred? I read a couple of things that suggested they might slide and I think Brad Johnson predicted this as well but I doubt anyone saw this coming.

If it was almost anyone else other than Ross Lyon the coach would be under enormous media speculation about his future.
New rule changes have killed Freo's stoppage-heavy game plan. Fast ball movement has not been in Ross Lyon's vocabulary.

bulldogtragic
25-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Is this the best bottom 6 on the ladder ever?

St Kilda, Richmond, Collingwood, Carlton, Brisbane, Essendon, Fremantle.

jeemak
25-04-2016, 04:34 PM
I'd prefer Geelong and Hawthorn to be in there as well. Eight can go into six, right?

ledge
25-04-2016, 04:42 PM
This is going to be a disaster if this game continues like it is.
Actually the AFL deserve this, two cheating and bottom clubs getting rewarded on a big day.
Go figure.

jeemak
25-04-2016, 04:44 PM
In fear of being disrespectful to Kevin Sheedy (and obviously in risk of upsetting the great Brendan Goddard), what the fudge is the EFC doing playing in this game?

Ghost Dog
25-04-2016, 04:50 PM
This is going to be a disaster if this game continues like it is.
Actually the AFL deserve this, two cheating and bottom clubs getting rewarded on a big day.
Go figure.

Essendon has a rap sheet, but remind me how Collingwood are cheats again? Was it the Buckley trade?

Watch Ross Lyon's presser. Describes Freo's current predicament as our 'anus horribilis'. That would be 'Annus' Ross. But it's quite an appropriate slip if you mean 'sh*t'

hujsh
25-04-2016, 04:52 PM
In fear of being disrespectful to Kevin Sheedy (and obviously in risk of upsetting the great Brendan Goddard), what the fudge is the EFC doing playing in this game?

By the way, when did he become a deity?

bulldogtragic
25-04-2016, 04:53 PM

Out of self entitlement with a complicit AFL.

jeemak
25-04-2016, 04:54 PM
By the way, when did he become a deity?

Apparently you can't say anything that might be disrespectful to him - like drug cheats shouldn't play the biggest home and away match of the season.

You can trash his 'legacy' by cheating the competition through drug cheating, however.

ledge
25-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Essendon has a rap sheet, but remind me how Collingwood are cheats again? Was it the Buckley trade?

Two players were done for drugs also apparently double the amount on drugs as what was reported by Robbo.

azabob
25-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Don't worry all, Bruce managed to mention Cyril Rioli during today's commentary.

bulldogtragic
25-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Don't worry all, Bruce managed to mention Cyril Rioli during today's commentary.

And thought it was amusing. I wish he'd retire, or be sacked. He just makes watching games so much worse.

ledge
25-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Carey isn't next to him today obviously.

Ghost Dog
25-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Don't think too many Collingwood fans will be getting carried away with this win.

ledge
25-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Crowd will have dropped a bit by half time.
Great thing about this is Buckley keeps his job.

Sedat
25-04-2016, 05:30 PM
What Essendon needs is more marquee games.

azabob
25-04-2016, 05:46 PM
What Essendon needs is more marquee games.

And for Ling to provide special comments.

A match made in heaven...

F'scary
25-04-2016, 06:25 PM
And for Ling to provide special comments.

A match made in heaven...

Not while I'm eating, thank you...

bulldogtragic
25-04-2016, 06:36 PM
I think McAveney loves Cox.

ledge
25-04-2016, 07:05 PM

Not just the Collingwood one either.

bornadog
25-04-2016, 08:07 PM
Alex Rance - Two matches

chef
25-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Happy with that. Cowards act.

westdog54
25-04-2016, 10:45 PM

Not quite as much as the Triple M team.

It was kinda cool for a Yank to kick a goal with his first kick though.

Dry Rot
26-04-2016, 02:01 AM
Have some bad news for you guys. I note there's no discussion of the game I attended on Saturday.

The bad news? I went to the SCG. The Swans haven't gone away. Their new young players like Mills and Papley are really impressive. Tippett and Sinclair seem to be working well together. And now all their home games are at the SCG.

If Richards and Grundy stay on the field, they'll be thereabouts in September. And dangerous.

Conversely, WCE were very ordinary. There's a theory about that a losing grand finalist which is belted are rooted the following the season. Will be interesting to see how they go this year.

Twodogs
26-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Have some bad news for you guys. I note there's no discussion of the game I attended on Saturday.

The bad news? I went to the SCG. The Swans haven't gone away. Their new young players like Mills and Papley are really impressive. Tippett and Sinclair seem to be working well together. And now all their home games are at the SCG.

If Richards and Grundy stay on the field, they'll be thereabouts in September. And dangerous.

Conversely, WCE were very ordinary. There's a theory about that a losing grand finalist which is belted are rooted the following the season. Will be interesting to see how they go this year.

Well we need some competition in September.

Sinclair has been really good for Sydney. Sometimes a big guy just needs a chance to play.

soupman
26-04-2016, 10:15 AM

Yeah for all the talk about us, Hawthorn and North being top 4 sides I think Sydney has been by far the most convincing this season so far. They have such a quality mix in the midfield and some gun forwards. I'm hoping they cop an injury in defence because that's their only real area of weakness and they fall away quickly there with Talia being next in line.

Happy Days
26-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Happy with that. Cowards act.

Loved Carey defending him too; "just out of character", "moment of frustration", etc.

Good to see he remembers what he told the Miami PD so vividly.

Twodogs
27-04-2016, 09:12 AM

I heard him going on about big Cox. I was suprised we'd hear so much about his personal life during a footy commentary.

LostDoggy
27-04-2016, 08:50 PM
I heard him going on about big Cox. I was suprised we'd hear so much about his personal life during a footy commentary.

Wish Brucey Boy would keep his fantasies to himself!! :(