PDA

View Full Version : Three Things I've Learned-Round Five Western Bulldogs V Brisbane Lions.

Twodogs
22-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Don't tell us one.

Nor two.

Tell us three things you have learned tonight.

GVGjr
23-04-2016, 10:18 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
23-04-2016, 11:08 PM
1. We are determined not to address goal kicking
2. Watching Jake knock 3 opponents to the ground, get around two standing to snap a goal is not bad to watch
3. Good teams will burn us if we get 70 inside 50's for a score like tonight

comrade
23-04-2016, 11:12 PM
One thing I've learned is I'm sick of reading, hearing, complaining and thinking about our goal kicking.

1eyedog
23-04-2016, 11:13 PM
1. I think Campbell is the answer and he will only get better. Not sure where this leaves Roughie / Boyd / Redpath and how we structure up, but Campbell needs to stay in the team.

2. Big teams take big moments. We may not care about our goal kicking internally but if it doesn't fix itself it will be the difference if we get to the finals.

3. Jed needs a decent game next week.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-04-2016, 11:25 PM
One thing I've learned is I'm sick of reading, hearing, complaining and thinking about our goal kicking.

You don't think it's a problem? Or you do, but you don't think it's a valid point of discussion?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-04-2016, 11:30 PM
1. When Stringer does what he did at times tonight, in a final, against a big team he is going to stamp his name amongst the upper echelon of elite performers to have played our game.
2. Goalkicking.. I would love to know why the club thinks this isn't a problem? When we lose yet another close prelim despite being the better team in general play but cant' convert simple shots on goal.. will that be the moment we address it?
3. Dale Morris. I just don't see this guy having lost anything. He is still the most wilful, competitive, never-say-day defender I've seen in the Red, White and Blue.

LostDoggy
23-04-2016, 11:35 PM
1. When Stringer does what he did at times tonight, in a final, against a big team he is going to stamp his name amongst the upper echelon of elite performers to have played our game.
2. Goalkicking.. I would love to know why the club thinks this isn't a problem? When we lose yet another close prelim despite being the better team in general play but cant' convert simple shots on goal.. will that be the moment we address it?
3. Dale Morris. I just don't see this guy having lost anything. He is still the most wilful, competitive, never-say-day defender I've seen in the Red, White and Blue.

Like your number 3

1. We are determined not to address goal kicking
2. Watching Jake knock 3 opponents to the ground, get around two standing to snap a goal is not bad to watch
3. Good teams will burn us if we get 70 inside 50's for a score like tonight
Like your 2

1 we may kick 40 goals in a game one day

comrade
23-04-2016, 11:35 PM
You don't think it's a problem? Or you do, but you don't think it's a valid point of discussion?

What's the point? (pardon the pun)

Every thread has multiple references to it, then others say we don't care about fixing it, and then others are incredulous about that.

Just sick of it in general. Wish it would improve but filling up thread after thread won't change things.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-04-2016, 11:41 PM
What's the point? (pardon the pun)

Every thread has multiple references to it, then others say we don't care about fixing it, and then others are incredulous about that.

Just sick of it in general. Wish it would improve but filling up thread after thread won't change things.

Thanks for clarifying, I understand your frustration there. However, if it's an issue, then I think it would be odd on this, a discussion board, for it to not be brought up when pertinent.

comrade
23-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Thanks for clarifying, I understand your frustration there. However, if it's an issue, then I think it would be odd on this, a discussion board, for it to not be brought up when pertinent.

Haha you're right. I'm fighting a losing battle by whinging about it.

It's so frustrating and I understand that it drives people to post about it, but I'd prefer to read more positive & insightful things about a team that is 2nd with a massive %.

Twodogs
23-04-2016, 11:55 PM
1. I liked Campbell's game. He fought hard and provided an option around the ground. In the last quarter he was beaten at the bounce but leaped on a fumble by a Brisbane player. He spilled it to our advantage and we kicked a goal after a couple of misses.

2. We did the simple things a lot better tonight. Except goal kicking of course but we faffed about with the ball a lot less.

3. Teams apply pressure to us for long periods of time and can dry up our goal kicking (we don't help ourselves there) but can't score against us. Not heavily anyway. We don't give up ten goal quarters anymore.

Remi Moses
24-04-2016, 12:04 AM
1. Goal kicking needs to be addressed urgently . It looked like everyone got gunshy at one stage
2. Work rate - is a real feature that doesn't get talked about enough, our blokes play for each other .
3. I think Tom Campbell can claim the number one spot .

jeemak
24-04-2016, 12:04 AM
1. Because we push so high we enter the 50m arch more than most other teams, and when we do the arch is congested. This also makes us easy to get behind on occasion, and for good, bad and mediocre teams this is how we can be scored against.

2. Poor goal kicking can ruin the enjoyment of a ten goal win.

3. We have a beast on-ball and midfield brigade that will dominate teams more and more.

Rocket Science
24-04-2016, 12:17 AM
1. I liked Campbell's game. He fought hard and provided an option around the ground. In the last quarter he was beaten at the bounce but leaped on a fumble by a Brisbane player. He spilled it to our advantage and we kicked a goal after a couple of misses.

2. We did the simple things a lot better tonight. Except goal kicking of course but we faffed about with the ball a lot less.

3. Teams apply pressure to us for long periods of time and can dry up our goal kicking (we don't help ourselves there) but can't score against us. Not heavily anyway. We don't give up ten goal quarters anymore.

This has been a pleasing thing about 2016, albeit in the fairly early going.

We've erased our tendency for the big fade.

I think a lot of opponents knew this last year, and drew fuel from it.

Not this year.

GVGjr
24-04-2016, 12:32 AM
1 - We can play some exciting team orientated football. Some of the team work by our midfielders is sensational.
2 - Playing 2 Ruckman can work which I didn't was going to.
3 - Pretty good crowd in tonight which was a bit bigger than I thought we might get. Hopefully PG isn't having to write cheques to Etihad.

ratsmac
24-04-2016, 08:37 AM
1. Our half back line surely can't take another injury. But it did and we smashed the opposition.
2. Campbell /Roughead combo worked nice. I wonder if we could add T Boyd to that mix.
3. Morris has plenty more to give. He's playing as good as he ever has.

ledge
24-04-2016, 09:33 AM
1 We miss a Hrovat or Honeychurch around goals to straighten us up on the spills, both are hungry and will have a shot.
2 McLean just gets better and better.
3 We need a big forward so Stringer rips apart the second best backman.

comrade
24-04-2016, 12:02 PM
1. We demoralise the opposition with the weight of possession we're able to generate. In each of our wins (possibly the Carlton game being the exception), the other team had very few positives to take out of the game given the statistical domination.

2. Against lower tier teams, the only way we'll get scored against is either through our own unforced errors or through lucky chaos balls that open up the corridor. We now need to ensure our system stacks up against the best teams. It didn't quite work against Hawthorn, though if he had his time again, I think Bevo would throw Roughy back to protect the high ball. And add Easton Wood of course.

3. I don't want to lament what's out of our control but a fit Murphy & JJ, plus Crameri would really make this team special. Maybe we are without them, I guess we'll find out.

ledge
24-04-2016, 12:45 PM
1 Tom Campbell is our best going forward ruckman.
2 Toby Mc lean is under rated and should only be dropped for a rest as his body needs another year in the gym.
3 Tory Dickson is a must in our forward line
4 Any player who's first name starts with "T" at our club must be picked.

bornadog
24-04-2016, 06:34 PM
1. Bad kicking is definitely bad football.

2. Bevo is unconventional when he picks a team.

3. How I missed Libba last year.

KT31
25-04-2016, 10:45 AM
1.Tom Campbell will settle into the ruck forward role nicely.
2.Big Tommy Boyd will kick a huge bag one day soon with the amount of entries we have.
3.Fade outs may be a thing outs may be a thing of the past.

SonofScray
25-04-2016, 12:29 PM
1. We have shown enough flexibility in game style and personnel to cover injuries. I feel it will bite us eventually though.
2. We can substitute slingshot, run and carry for measured aggressive contested work up the line.
3. Goalkicking is a club wide issue evidenced by the reserves woes on that front too. It will kill us in a big final again.

LostDoggy
25-04-2016, 09:04 PM
1.We have the game plan and style to go all the way.
2.With the amount of I50's we generate each game and our defensive pressure as a collective group I don't think the MC are to worried about our goal kicking accuracy.
3.Injuries don't seem to slow us or make us change our gamestyle.