PDA

View Full Version : Rookie draft - who's training with us?

Dry Rot
08-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Anyone know who the unlisted young players are who are currently training with us?

Anyone got any idea whether any of them will get rookied by us next Tuesday?

I assume Clayton may have an interstate smokie up his sleeve.

The Doctor
09-12-2007, 08:00 AM
All I've heard is there are a few Willy boys training with us including;

Cameron Lockwood
Scott Meyer
Pat Rose
Liam Picken

and that Latrobe boy Ryan Williams.

My guess is we'll go for a ruckman, Rose and Williams.

LostDoggy
09-12-2007, 09:29 AM

Cameron Lockwood
Scott Meyer
Pat Rose
Liam Picken

Does the order we select these player play any part or is the expectation that other clubs are very unlikely to grab them anyway?

LostDoggy
09-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Scott Meyer
I'll be amazed if this guy gets rookied. A big lumbering KP and as slow as I am.

Dogs 24/7
09-12-2007, 12:52 PM
I'll be amazed if this guy gets rookied. A big lumbering KP and as slow as I am.

He has been talked about for a while but never even made it to a rookie list before so I agree its doubtful that we would select him.
By the way I heard that the Dogs have invited a midfielder from Tassie to come and train with us.

hujsh
09-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Was it Gaertner or someone who the papers thought would go 2nd or 3rd round. I think we should get him and Joel Shouha+whoever else (someone tough).
We would have key forward(Gaertner)
Ruckman (Smouha)
Pacey mid/forward (Hughes)
and a tough midfielder.

I would be happy wih that

Dry Rot
09-12-2007, 02:29 PM

Cameron Lockwood
Scott Meyer
Pat Rose
Liam Picken

I wonder if Clayton has eye on a smokey not training with us like Harbrow last season?

bulldogtragic
09-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Was it Gaertner or someone who the papers thought would go 2nd or 3rd round. I think we should get him and Joel Shouha+whoever else (someone tough).
We would have key forward(Gaertner)
Ruckman (Smouha)
Pacey mid/forward (Hughes)
and a tough midfielder.

I would be happy wih that
Gaertner is not eligible for the rookie draft.

Bulldog Revolution
09-12-2007, 03:48 PM
It will be very interesting to see the list fully take shape - there is no doubt our expanded capacity to list rookies, and hopefully improved development capabilities gives us opportunities to select prospect talls, ruckmen etc.

Will we do that?

MasterHeasy19
10-12-2007, 07:27 PM
It will be very interesting to see the list fully take shape - there is no doubt our expanded capacity to list rookies, and hopefully improved development capabilities gives us opportunities to select prospect talls, ruckmen etc.

Will we do that?

Tim Bonghetti leading goalkicker from this seasons TAC cup has also been training over the last week.

Go_Dogs
10-12-2007, 07:35 PM
How big is Bonghetti?

LostDoggy
10-12-2007, 07:37 PM
How big is Bonghetti?

190 or 191 and a solid lad.

Dry Rot
10-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Tim Bonghetti leading goalkicker from this seasons TAC cup .

And 16 clubs didn't draft him?

BTW, welcome to WOOF MH19.

Mantis
10-12-2007, 10:10 PM

From reports he is a pure FF and may lack the flexibility to play in multiple position's which is almost a pre-requisite these days. He is also quite well developed body wise so may have had an advantage in strength in the U/18 comp, but probably wont enjoy same the same luxury in the AFL.

MasterHeasy19
10-12-2007, 11:27 PM

BTW, welcome to WOOF MH19.

was a suprise to myself when cal told me that he was the leading goalkicker and didnt get drafted.

and thankyou for the welcome!

Who do you think we will pick up in the rookie and pre season draft?

wimberga
10-12-2007, 11:38 PM
What about Arrowhead? would we look at him?

MasterHeasy19
10-12-2007, 11:40 PM
What about Arrowhead? would we look at him?

Arrowsmith*
dont know how he plays but heard hes a wanker.

LostDoggy
10-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Tim Bonghetti leading goalkicker from this seasons TAC cup has also been training over the last week.
Bongetti.
Pretty sure his dad and family were bulldog fans as they lived around the corner from my parents. I went to school with Tim's uncle.
His father Ron was a pretty good FDL player for Kingsville YMCA, tall, big and strong KP. He went on the be NM Giant CEO, Swim Vic Ceo and had other Sports positions.

A different Ron Bongetti was dining with Mick Gatto at La porchella when he shot Vendramin.

Dry Rot
11-12-2007, 12:19 AM
was a suprise to myself when cal told me that he was the leading goalkicker and didnt get drafted.

and thankyou for the welcome!

Who do you think we will pick up in the rookie and pre season draft?

Good question. :) I live up in Sydney so I rely upon you Melbourne folk for my info.

MasterHeasy19
11-12-2007, 12:24 AM
Good question. :) I live up in Sydney so I rely upon you Melbourne folk for my info.

I hope we pick up some locals.
Lockwood and Rose left last week.
So im not sure if they will be a chance?
Bonghetti ? --> Tall KP Forward?

hujsh
11-12-2007, 01:18 AM
when is the rookie draft?

soupman
11-12-2007, 01:18 AM
Tommorow after the pre-season draft.

LostDoggy
11-12-2007, 09:22 PM
He has been talked about for a while but never even made it to a rookie list before so I agree its doubtful that we would select him.
By the way I heard that the Dogs have invited a midfielder from Tassie to come and train with us.

It looks like your mail was correct and it looks like the Cats knew about it as well. Was the player Brodie Moles?

LostDoggy
11-12-2007, 09:32 PM
I just found this about Brodie Moles

Tasmanian Brodie Moles, 22, was Geelong's first pick (No.16 overall), the medium-sized midfielder shocked to be a Cat after arriving in Melbourne a few days earlier to train with a different club.

“I’ve been training with the Bulldogs for the last four days,” Moles said.

“I hadn’t really spoken to Geelong … but I’m just rapt to be down there now.

“I spoke to [Geelong recruiting manager] Stephen Wells a couple of months ago at [state] screening down in Tassie but that was only for about 10 minutes and it was a pretty casual type of chat.”

Moles, originally from Glenorchy, is fresh from his first year of VFL football with the Devils where he was coached by former Cats assistant Daryn Cresswell.

Dogs 24/7
12-12-2007, 08:43 PM
It looks like your mail was correct and it looks like the Cats knew about it as well. Was the player Brodie Moles?

I couldnt say to much but the mail I had was that we were very interested in him.