PDA

View Full Version : Round 10 v Collingwood: ticketing

LostDoggy
27-04-2016, 06:29 PM
I have 2x AFL memberships with the Western Bulldogs club support and I am looking to upgrade a ticket for the round ten match against Collingwood. I am not having any luck purchasing any tickets apart from what is available on the seating map (which is extremely limited). According to the ticketek website, the only areas I can upgrade my seat are in M16, M18, P19 and P21.

Does anyone know why this is the case? I would ask Ticketek myself, but that would require me trying to establish a connection for over an hour and by the time I establish a connection, a further half an hour of waiting on hold.

Surely it can't be that difficult to buy seating on level two?

bornadog
27-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Nothing surprises me with Ticketing.

If I was you, I would do personally at a window.

LostDoggy
27-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Nothing surprises me with Ticketing.

If I was you, I would do personally at a window.
Unfortunately it's not an option, unless I want to pay full price.

That's the advantage with being an AFL member - you only have to pay $8.60 to upgrade your GA ticket, but the downside is that you have to get in early. I.e. the upgrading option for AFL members to sit on levels one or two for this week's game supposedly ended two weeks ago.

Cyberdoggie
27-04-2016, 07:17 PM
If it's a similar debacle like last year, an entire wing will be reserved for Collingwood away members or something.

Go_Dogs
27-04-2016, 08:14 PM
I don't mind sitting in P - sure you don't get a padded seat or a cup holder, but it's a good viewing area.

Like you I'm surprised there aren't many tickets available - I'm going to have to jump on and purchase tomorrow.

aker39
27-04-2016, 08:42 PM
I have 2x AFL memberships with the Western Bulldogs club support and I am looking to upgrade a ticket for the round ten match against Collingwood. I am not having any luck purchasing any tickets apart from what is available on the seating map (which is extremely limited). According to the ticketek website, the only areas I can upgrade my seat are in M16, M18, P19 and P21.

Does anyone know why this is the case? I would ask Ticketek myself, but that would require me trying to establish a connection for over an hour and by the time I establish a connection, a further half an hour of waiting on hold.

Surely it can't be that difficult to buy seating on level two?

What's the matter with the tickets they are issuing you.

LostDoggy
27-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Through my experience with ticketing they only open certain bays at a time. If you wait until the week of the game I guarantee you get offerred better seats.

I had the same issue with the Carlton game. Said sold out 2 weeks before the game. Tried daily the week of the match and got row C right behind the interchange.

Unfortunately they don't reward the people trying to get in early.

LostDoggy
27-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Through my experience with ticketing they only open certain bays at a time. If you wait until the week of the game I guarantee you get offerred better seats.

I had the same issue with the Carlton game. Said sold out 2 weeks before the game. Tried daily the week of the match and got row C right behind the interchange.

Unfortunately they don't reward the people trying to get in early.
Thanks for letting me know.

That's stupid.

LostDoggy
27-04-2016, 09:22 PM
What's the matter with the tickets they are issuing you.
I can't ever remember sitting on the second level at the MCG. I want to experience sitting on that level, so that's why I didn't purchase tickets in the areas they offered.

Bulldog Joe
27-04-2016, 10:27 PM
I have used AFL membership just to walk up and still sat on level 2 against Collingwood. Generally in about N24.

I am happy to sit at level 4 if there is no level 2 seating available on the night.

Don't see why I should pay Ticketek the extra.

bornadog
27-04-2016, 11:30 PM
The Collingwood match is designated as reciprocal rights for VRC members, so I will do that.

aker39
28-04-2016, 12:37 AM
I can't ever remember sitting on the second level at the MCG. I want to experience sitting on that level, so that's why I didn't purchase tickets in the areas they offered.

Fair enough. Level N always sellout 1st.

LostDoggy
29-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Just to prove how laughable the ticketing system is..

Tried all week for an AFL Member Reserved seat on Level 1 for tonight's match. Came up with none available. Even this morning nothing was available.

Tried once more just then and bingo, Level 1 Aisle 12 Row F. Right smack bang on the wing.

bornadog
29-04-2016, 05:17 PM

Tried all week for an AFL Member Reserved seat on Level 1 for tonight's match. Came up with none available. Even this morning nothing was available.

Tried once more just then and bingo, Level 1 Aisle 12 Row F. Right smack bang on the wing.

Imagine how many people did what you did but didn't check today so gave up going.

AFL needs to fix this.

Greystache
29-04-2016, 05:18 PM

Yeah it's a joke. Given there's 9 of us going I couldn't wait to the last minute so got level 3 Row W. It's typical AFL, give the rusted on fans the raw deal and try to entice last minute fringe supporters with the best offering.

LostDoggy
29-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Yeah it's a joke. Given there's 9 of us going I couldn't wait to the last minute so got level 3 Row W. It's typical AFL, give the rusted on fans the raw deal and try to entice last minute fringe supporters with the best offering.

Worst part is you look directly behind the interchange and there's always rows of empty seats, which I assume are reserved for radio broadcasters who seem to get a whole row to themselves for some strange reason.

bornadog
29-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Worst part is you look directly behind the interchange and there's always rows of empty seats, which I assume are reserved for radio broadcasters who seem to get a whole row to themselves for some strange reason.

A couple of mates are not going tonight so during the week I thought I would treat myself and book level 2. When I looked at the map on Ticketmaster, there were only two aisles available with limited seats. I looked just now and there are at least 10 aisles open on the map. Plus North have added an additional $9 on top of the normal price.

Lucky I didn't buy a ticket and have been invited to a function room.

GVGjr
29-04-2016, 05:44 PM
A couple of mates are not going tonight so during the week I thought I would treat myself and book level 2. When I looked at the map on Ticketmaster, there were only two aisles available with limited seats. I looked just now and there are at least 10 aisles open on the map. Plus North have added an additional $9 on top of the normal price.

Lucky I didn't buy a ticket and have been invited to a function room.

Are you going to the the WB Lounge?

bornadog
29-04-2016, 05:45 PM
Are you going to the the WB Lounge?
yes, are you?

GVGjr
29-04-2016, 05:46 PM
yes, are you?

See you there

bornadog
29-04-2016, 05:49 PM
See you there