PDA

View Full Version : Who's pumped for Friday night

Eastdog
27-04-2016, 07:22 PM
I'd say we all are on here. It is so good to finally get a Friday night match which will be watched by a large number of people and really put our club out there. I'm just hoping that we have a great win and get back on top of the heap. Will put the game day thread up tomorrow.

The Bulldogs Bite
27-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Should be fun to watch us under the bright lights, even if we are undermanned.

Still contemplating whether or not to go.

chef
27-04-2016, 07:25 PM
I'm not pumped, I'm as nervous as f#ck. And fearing the worst in true Bulldog spirit.

Eastdog
27-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Yes I can understand that too chef. I'm pumped but weary at the same time.

Twodogs
27-04-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm really pumped. Friday night, one v two, the old enemy.

It doesn't get much bigger for a home and away match.

bulldogtragic
27-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Nah.

azabob
27-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Win = great weekend
Lose = crap weekend.

Eastdog
27-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Win = great weekend
Lose = crap weekend.

Yep pretty much azabob.

comrade
27-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Need a massive crowd there with good Bulldogs representation.

Go_Dogs
27-04-2016, 08:21 PM
Got my reserved seat ready to go and a few mates who are coming along, too.

Cannot. Wait.

LostDoggy
27-04-2016, 08:30 PM
This game reminds me of when we played Essendon in 1999. Two top four teams based in Victoria playing each other on a Friday night. The Bombers were severly undermanned on that occasion and were written off during the week (sound familiar)? Essendon ended up getting over the line by four points despite having Hird, Lloyd and Fletcher not on the ground when the final siren sounded. Hopefully the undermanned team comes away with the points on this occasion too.

1eyedog
27-04-2016, 08:40 PM
I'd say we all are on here. It is so good to finally get a Friday night match which will be watched by a large number of people and really put our club out there. I'm just hoping that we have a great win and get back on top of the heap. Will put the game day thread up tomorrow.

As Lightning McQueen once said 'Ka chow'

LostDoggy
27-04-2016, 09:19 PM
I'm not pumped, I'm as nervous as f#ck. And fearing the worst in true Bulldog spirit.

I'm with you Chef.
Blood pressure so high I could pump petrol :p

1eyedog
27-04-2016, 10:18 PM
I look at at like this. We beat Norf by 23 points last year. Sure we have a few out but how much improvement does Dad's army have in them from last year compared to the natural skill and strength development of youth? Also, I reckon Scott will be easy to work out for Bevo. Their game plan is lazy relying on high scoring and high risk footy. Their back line couldn't catch a cold. Limit supply, create a contest against their tall forwards and Picken = Harvey and they're cooked.

We'll be top of the ladder on Friday night and I'll have to bump the 2016 Premiership Thread.

LostDoggy
27-04-2016, 10:42 PM
I'm nervous but going to the game anyway. Nothing better than beating Norf.

bornadog
27-04-2016, 11:26 PM
I will be there and looking forward to beating this mob.

AndrewP6
27-04-2016, 11:31 PM
Recent unpleasant events have left me a little worried, but looking forward to Friday night footy for the first time in a long while. Interesting to see how the group respond to the run of outs we've had. I'll be there.

LostDoggy
28-04-2016, 12:12 AM
Super duper uber pumped! I think we will have them living in fear by half time

Bulldog4life
28-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Our family will be there. Really looking forward to this match. Actually I feel confident of a win.....but then I always do.:)

Eastdog
28-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Got my reserved seat ready to go and a few mates who are coming along, too.

Cannot. Wait.

I'm sitting around Level 1 Aisle 47/48. Are you around there as well Go_Dogs or up on Level 2 or 3.

josie
28-04-2016, 01:39 PM
I am hanging out for this game. Atmosphere will be electric.

I know it is a Roos home game, however if you love our Team and can make it BE THERE !!

We need to show our support to the boys and CHEER LOUDLY.

The next two matches will go a long way to determining how far we can go this year and if we win both the LID WILL BE OFF.

always right
28-04-2016, 03:30 PM
As always I go into this match nervous. North are in form and their team is fit and healthy. Logically we are underdogs.

If we can get over the top of them there will be no stopping people jumping on our bandwagon.

Twodogs
28-04-2016, 08:17 PM
How much is basic entry to the ground?

dukedog
28-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Oh. We have a game this week?
:p

1eyedog
28-04-2016, 08:40 PM
How much is basic entry to the ground?

General admission is 20 bucks.

F'scary
28-04-2016, 09:34 PM
I got offered a ticket but it will be in with the Norf supporters. I am afraid to go as I may not be able to control myself in that environment and go into kamikaze mode by pointing out to them how they only have two generations of supporters, the ones who got on the winners bandwagon in the 70's (and haven't fallen off like the majority) and the ones who got on the bandwagon in the 90's. Even worse will be, when we start pulling away from them during the game and I cunningly put away my colours and pretend to be one of them joining in with their supporters condemning their own players. I will be running up and down the isle egging on their discontented supporters by yelling things like "Higgins, you only go for the soft possessions..." & "that's right Waite, we always knew you were shit, you Carlton reject.." and "retire Harvey, retire now, YOU HAS BEEN..." & "Sack Scott, SACK SCOTT...no, lets lynch him...NOWWW...." etc. etc.

SonofScray
28-04-2016, 10:13 PM
I am pumped, I hate Norf more than any other club except for EFC, They are on par with St Kilda. Just an absolute bunch of mung beans. If NMFC were a movie character they'd be Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Unbearable.

jazzadogs
28-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Friday night matches, when you're nine hours behind and work on Fridays, suck.

I either have a crazily unproductive two hours from 10am to 12 noon, or I avoid Internet all day and watch it 'live' after work (requires a lot of self control).

But yeh I'm pumped!

Eastdog
28-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Friday night matches, when you're nine hours behind and work on Fridays, suck.

I either have a crazily unproductive two hours from 10am to 12 noon, or I avoid Internet all day and watch it 'live' after work (requires a lot of self control).

But yeh I'm pumped!

How are you finding living in London jazzadogs?

The Adelaide Connection
29-04-2016, 01:50 AM
Pumped, and extremely nervous so was trying to keep a lid on it and put it out of mind.
Arrived on the red eye for a conference on Thursday and the first person I spoke to when I touch down was the guy controlling the skybus lines. He immediately engages me about the game (seeing my WB jacket) and turns out he is a doggies man. This kind of thing happened all day. 7:50pm can't come quick enough!

Hotdog60
29-04-2016, 06:36 AM
I hope we out support them so it's a sea of RWB, I just read the story about North being able to pull a big crowd for Good Friday and their preferred opponent Carlton. This match may have more far reaching consequences.
We need to be there and out support them and also beat them into humiliation.

LostDoggy
29-04-2016, 07:40 AM
Up since 5am thinking about footy, this is a big game.

1eyedog
29-04-2016, 08:36 AM
Up since 5am thinking about footy, this is a big game.

Woke up at 3.30 am and did the same.

Mantis
29-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Looking forward to seeing how our defensive structure holds up against an attacking team that has depth in its forward half ( as will next week)

Regardless of the result hoping our players show an improvement in skill execution and poise than we have in previous big games.. And that we hit the scoreboard when we have the chance.

So I would say I'm eager rather than pumped.. But that might change when the ball is bounced.

Murphy'sLore
29-04-2016, 10:48 AM
Very very nervous. Will be watching at home this week, almost had a notional North supporter coming over for dinner but cancelled that arrangement, don't want any of the enemy in the house thanks. Really dislike watching or attending games with opposition supporters these days because I can't express my feelings as freely as I would like...

Bulldog4life
29-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Very very nervous. Will be watching at home this week, almost had a notional North supporter coming over for dinner but cancelled that arrangement, don't want any of the enemy in the house thanks. Really dislike watching or attending games with opposition supporters these days because I can't express my feelings as freely as I would like...

Yes good point Murph. I went to the Hawthorn game with a Hawks supporter. It was horrible!

Axe Man
29-04-2016, 02:05 PM
I have only been waiting 1,435 days for another Friday night game! I can't even remember if I went to the last one (v Geelong 25/05/2012), but I will be there tonight!