PDA

View Full Version : Dogs furious over Lindsay Thomas' hit on Lachie Hunter

bornadog
01-05-2016, 02:30 PM
link (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-30/dogs-furious-over-thomas-hit-on-hunter)

THE WESTERN Bulldogs are still seething over Lindsay Thomas' high hit on Lachie Hunter, with Marcus Bontempelli labelling the Roo's action malicious.

Hunter had just taken possession of the ball in the Bulldogs' backline during the fourth quarter of North's 16-point win at Etihad Stadium on Friday night, when Thomas rushed in to tackle him and caught him around the neck with his left arm.

The Bulldog was crouched with his head over the ball at the time and Thomas did not get down low enough to execute a fair tackle.

Bontempelli told Fox Sports on Saturday that Hunter, who had a game-high 44 possessions on Friday night, had been a "bit shaken up" by the incident.

"I think that's the first time he's been in that position," Bontempelli said.

"It's really difficult. We didn't really like it at all, we thought there was quite a bit of malice in it.

"He will be OK, hopefully he can relax and be OK over the next couple of days. But we thought it was quite a bit unfair."

Thomas was not reported on Friday night but his attempted tackle is likely to be scrutinised by the Match Review Panel on Monday.

bornadog
01-05-2016, 02:33 PM
If you watch the replay of the incident it was so dangerous. I hate Thomas can't stand the little prick, and this is not the first time he has done something like this. Interesting The Bont thought there was some malice in it. I hope he cops something from the MRP.

see here (http://www.afl.com.au/video/2016-04-29/lindsays-crude-attempt-to-tackle)

Remi Moses
01-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Pretty gutless act . He's the weak link in their side for me .

jeemak
01-05-2016, 02:58 PM
The problem with this type of incident is if you retaliate forcefully you get a free kick against you. Thomas - the little turd - after that actually faked being remonstrated with forcefully to draw a reversal.

He's such a poor character. If you commit a dog act on the field you need to stand up and take the reprisal like it's medicine. To go limp and weak afterwards shows you're rubbish.

ledge
01-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Hodge did a dirty act as well against GWS .. It was as deliberate as you could get.

F'scary
01-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Contrast Thomas incident with one earlier in the season where Moyd took a Freo player high. In that replay you can see he tries to lessen the impact as he realises he has gone in too high. After the free is awarded, he is dirty on himself in a way (he appear to apologise, I think) that indicated he was concerned he could have hurt someone, not just given a goal away). Thomas was extremely reckless and appeared to delight in his action.

jeemak
01-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Hodge did a dirty act as well against GWS .. It was as deliberate as you could get.

Are you referring to the right cross on Johnson? If so, another instance of a dog act and then going limp looking for a free kick. Of course, it's Hodgey - he's such a good bloke and you just want to have a beer with him..........not.

Testekill
01-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Hunter apparently ended up in hospital for 24 hours after the game, here's hoping that dirty prick Thomas cops his fair whack. Absolutely gutless of him to do nothing to protect Hunter with that and then to flop as soon as someone remonstrates with him.

bulldogtragic
01-05-2016, 03:34 PM
When the MRP and AFEL permit punching and striking in the guts and ribs, these things will happen. He may have been trying to get him just under the neck and get a $1,000 fine. But don't hold your breath they'll do anything about it, if it was front on head high bumping contact it'd be 3-4 matches. This at most will be two weeks, my money is on one week as the impact will be graded as medium and around the play and high.

bulldogtragic
01-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Hunter apparently ended up in hospital for 24 hours after the game, here's hoping that dirty prick Thomas cops his fair whack. Absolutely gutless of him to do nothing to protect Hunter with that and then to flop as soon as someone remonstrates with him.

Why not hit him with staging too?

The bulldog tragician
01-05-2016, 03:37 PM
I am so glad Bont wasn't concerned about the ridiculous "code of honour" silence about this and spoke up for his teammate. Thomas is like the other fake tough guys for north moulded in the spirit of their coach.

Testekill
01-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Why not hit him with staging too?

He would have so many different staging charges that they'd have to bring up.

SonofScray
01-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Glad Bont answered the question honestlynwheun he was asked about it, just wish he added that the guy is a coward.

Bloke is a blight on the game.

bornadog
02-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Thomas offered one week

bulldogtragic
02-05-2016, 04:56 PM
When the MRP and AFEL permit punching and striking in the guts and ribs, these things will happen. He may have been trying to get him just under the neck and get a $1,000 fine. But don't hold your breath they'll do anything about it, if it was front on head high bumping contact it'd be 3-4 matches. This at most will be two weeks, my money is on one week as the impact will be graded as medium and around the play and high.

Winner. I called them being piss weak, and they've lived up to expectation. They should have a new ride at Piss Weak World called the AFEL. It's kind of like a roller coaster, but it only just keeps plunging to new lows and never comes back up.

Cyberdoggie
02-05-2016, 05:53 PM

Yeah his dad took him to the hospital after the game on advice from the club doctors due to symptoms from the hit.

May even miss this week.

EasternWest
02-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Winner. I called them being piss weak, and they've lived up to expectation. They should have a new ride at Piss Weak World called the AFEL. It's kind of like a roller coaster, but it only just keeps plunging to new lows and never comes back up.

To be honest that sounds like a pretty awesome roller coaster.

bulldogtragic
02-05-2016, 06:41 PM
To be honest that sounds like a pretty awesome roller coaster.

Depends where you're sitting. If you're at the very top/front of the AFEL roller coaster you look back and see smiling faces. But if you're at back/bottom of the AFEL roller coaster, all you can see are the arses at the top. Footscray/Western Bulldogs and our members have always been at the back of the ride looking up.

Greystache
03-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Yeah his dad took him to the hospital after the game on advice from the club doctors due to symptoms from the hit.

May even miss this week.

Not quite. He went home after the game and they thought he was ok. His Dad noticed he didn't he was behaving a little strangely and took him to the hospital to be checked out. He told the club doctors afterwards. I'd say he's 50-50 for this week.

Remi Moses
03-05-2016, 07:46 PM
See Petrie's gone with the tired old " trial by media"!
Says it was a tackle . I'd say unless Lachie's got some ink on his head that says T. W Sherrin, it was a cheap shot, not a tackle .

Testekill
03-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Says it was a tackle . I'd say unless Lachie's got some ink on his head that says T. W Sherrin, it was a cheap shot, not a tackle .

Just like all North supporters, Thomas did nothing wrong and the free should have been overturned when Stevens shoved him.

S Coast Simon
03-05-2016, 09:17 PM
I have hated Nth Melb for about 30 years and the grub took over from Balentine years ago as the biggest grub of them all

The bulldog tragician
03-05-2016, 09:31 PM

That's pathetic. If Lachie misses a week because of this, the crude "tackler " and the guy who spends a night in hospital with who knows what long term consequences have the same penalty. Drew Petrie is VP of the Players Association isn't he? Thought he would have more consideration for the game as a whole, and the overall well being of players, than having a whinge just because a player from his own team gets rightly penalised.

ratsmac
03-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Petrie is responding to Bontempelli's malice comments probably.

It's pretty shite that he could defend that sort of crap.