hujsh
09-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Callan with a minor back injury

GVGjr
09-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Peter Dean talked about his time since he played football

About the players and club
- O'Shea likely to play at Williamstown all season
- Harris and Williams likely to play as defenders not forward but it might be an option
- Callan going well but has a slight injury in the practice game . Should be right in a day or two
- Not sure the extent of Giansiracusa's injury
- Talked about the back line shutting down the opposition
- Wight traveling well but has to improve on a few things including agility and decision making
- Addison going very well and Dean mentioned that it's hard to get a word out of him
- Tiller going well and has been used forward and back in practice games. Dean mentioned he is tall and mobile
- Grant just doing running now that the cast has been removed and no contact work
- Boumann is a good runner and needs a bit of weight on him
- Murphy has been playing CHF in the practice games but Dean also mentioned that Wight or McDougall are options
- Welsh likely to get to us on Tuesday
- Cross setting the standard in fitness
- Ward has been in sensational form with his running and his form in the practice games. Ward came 2nd in a 1km time trial and might sneak in for a few games because he has been that impressive
- The squad has added a bit of weight which should be good for us

LostDoggy
09-12-2007, 03:39 PM
One thing that i did notice about his answer to who would play CHF was his slight hesitancy. From what i recall, he said that Murphy had been playing CHF in the practice games, but said that he was a bit too light to play that position week-in week-out. He mentioned the other prospects being Wight and McDougall, and Johnson maybe rotating through there, but I was left with the impression that it still remains a spot which there was no clear candidate for.

Bulldog Revolution
09-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Interesting although its hard to know whether there is a great amount out of it

Good news on Addison, I think the team needs his attack on the ball and defensive skills

Injuries to Gia & Griffen might open a few more opportunities up if they aren't fully fit come the pre season matches

LostDoggy
09-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Is it to early to put money on Ward for the Rising Star? :D

Thanks for the report DR.

GVGjr
09-12-2007, 04:50 PM
One thing that i did notice about his answer to who would play CHF was his slight hesitancy. From what i recall, he said that Murphy had been playing CHF in the practice games, but said that he was a bit too light to play that position week-in week-out. He mentioned the other prospects being Wight and McDougall, and Johnson maybe rotating through there, but I was left with the impression that it still remains a spot which there was no clear candidate for.

Yes, there was no conviction in the players he mentioned.

BulldogBelle
09-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks for taking the time out to write up what Dean said GVG, no suprises with Cross setting the standards for fitness.

Dry Rot
09-12-2007, 05:32 PM
- Ward has been in sensational form with his running and his form in the practice games. Ward came 2nd in a 1km time trial and might sneak in for a few games because he has been that impressive

IMO from what I have read about him he sounds a bit like a young Swans Paul Kelly.

Even if I'm half right, we'll have a very special player indeed.

bornadog
09-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Yes, there was no conviction in the players he mentioned.

Any mention of Minson playing forward?

GVGjr
09-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Any mention of Minson playing forward?

Not that I heard.

LostDoggy
09-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Is it to early to put money on Ward for the Rising Star? :D

Thanks for the report DR.

no chance over Everitt :p

Bulldog Revolution
09-12-2007, 09:03 PM
no chance over Everitt :p

Wards maybe a shot at the 2009 rising star, it would be incredible for a 17 year old to win it in 2008, although he will be 18 by the time its awarded

Go_Dogs
10-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Some interesting things for mine. Glad the backline talk has been a bit more shut down based rather than all out attack. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more dour players down there.

Is Addison just a very shy lad then, I'm assuming? Hopefully with more senior games, and more confidence he can have a bit more voice around the place. I like some of the qualities he;s displayed thus far. If some of his flashier team mates aren't doing the team things, he should speak up.

Good news re: Tiller. It will be interesting to see how he goes this year. He had a similar 2007 to Baird had in 2006. Both got a few games, surprisingly in both instances I guess, and both did OK w/o setting the world on fire. Hopefully Tiller can continue to build on his 2007 season next year.

hujsh
10-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Some interesting things for mine. Glad the backline talk has been a bit more shut down based rather than all out attack. I wouldn't mind seeing a few more dour players down there.

Is Addison just a very shy lad then, I'm assuming? Hopefully with more senior games, and more confidence he can have a bit more voice around the place. I like some of the qualities he;s displayed thus far. If some of his flashier team mates aren't doing the team things, he should speak up.

Good news re: Tiller. It will be interesting to see how he goes this year. He had a similar 2007 to Baird had in 2006. Both got a few games, surprisingly in both instances I guess, and both did OK w/o setting the world on fire. Hopefully Tiller can continue to build on his 2007 season next year.

Tiller was more impressive. He looked very god when he kicked three against Adelaide. Baird did kick a good goal from the boundary against Geelong but Tiler looks more capable of playing a tall forward role